PDA

View Full Version : Become A Bum!

KoriEllis
09-23-2004, 02:35 AM
Become A Bum!
LAST UPDATE: 9/23/2004 12:16:26 AM
Posted By: Kori Ellis

www.woai.com/spurs/story....E2EF33D780 (http://www.woai.com/spurs/story.aspx?content_id=6A986BC1-380E-4CB5-9AFA-23E2EF33D780)

For over 30 years the Baseline Bums have been cheering on your San Antonio Spurs. Now it's your chance to join the group. The Baseline Bums are the premier fan/volunteer support organization for the Spurs.

We're looking for a few good Bums! Are you an avid Spurs fan? Do you bleed silver and black? Are you counting down the days to opening night?

Currently there are several openings for the World's Greatest Fans, The Baseline Bums.

For more information on how to join log on to www.baselinebums.org or call the Hotline at (210)444-5896 for all the details.

baseline bum
09-23-2004, 03:52 AM
I remember when the only community service the Bums ever did was done at a judge's order. Man, how are the Bums going to be hardcore and **** with the other teams like they used to when they have all these pussy rules for the org now?

Pooh
09-23-2004, 04:56 AM
My ex-fiancee is going to be a baseline bum this year. If you see her Kori, can you kick the shit out of her for me? Please! :)

Useruser666
09-23-2004, 12:12 PM
How are the bums going to mess with the other team when they sit in the rafters? I'm damn, shouldn't they be on the BASELINE after all? They have to have a big banner and a freaken spotlight on them to find them in the crowd. Next year they'll be out in the parking lot having to heckle with bull horns.

Useruser666 :eyebrow

SequSpur
09-23-2004, 07:55 PM
How much does it cost? And what are the requirements besides being old, deaf, fat and on mute?

KoriEllis
09-23-2004, 07:56 PM
Have you met my friend Michelle?

I don't think you would be making the old, deaf, fat comments if you did.

SequSpur
09-23-2004, 09:19 PM
Yeah, that was a bit harsh... But if you took a census of the baseline bums, I would guess that alot of them fit into this category.

It's no lie that the Bums aren't what they used to be. In fact, they are barely heard at the games unless you sit right in front of them. That's sad for such a prestigious organization that used to thrive on screaming their asses off for their team.

That organization should have tryouts to be on it. It's not the type of organization that you grow old and retire from.

KoriEllis
09-23-2004, 09:23 PM
There's one section of them that's quite young (all mid 20's to mid 30's) but yes, a lot of them are older.

It would probably be better (louder) if they had closer seats, but I don't think most of them could afford them at SBC, that's why they are where they are.

Anyhow, they have several openings this season. They usually don't and there's usually a waiting list. So if anyone wants in, they should contact them.

SequSpur
09-23-2004, 09:28 PM
They could be alot louder if they all participated, however, I watch them and half of them are not even screaming.

I miss the old days, the yelling and screaming.... Its not just them, the whole atmosphere is different now. The nice arena, the VIP treatment, the segregation of fans... Its all BS now... that's one of the reasons why I think I am going to stay home and watch the games... It's quite annoying actually...

I have a great time when I am down on the lower level watching the games, but I can't afford that, so I have chosen to walk away and go to a few games only. Keep my options open for the playoffs.