PDA

View Full Version : My Predictions...

usckk
12-25-2004, 08:33 PM
A quarter of the NBA season have passed. Here are my predictions for the rest of the season (mostly Spurs related and playoffs not included):

- Duncan will continue his dominance and will be the only Spur to make the All-Star team. However, he will not win the MVP. The Spurs are very deep. Anyone could score at any game, thereby reducing Duncan's statistics. I believe Steve Nash will get the Most Valuable Player Award. Also, the other four starters will continue to play the way they are playing, no better or worse.

- As for Brent Barry, I see him continuing struggle throughout the season as a result of little playing time. Coach Pop rather have better defense on the court, and Devin Brown provides us with it.

- Further, I do not see Malone signing with the Spurs. I see him retiring instead of playing again. Nevertheless, he could play for another team, mainly because he wants playing time.

- Also, Malik will not get traded. Although, the Spurs would trade him in a heart beat. His play does not live up to his contract. He is way overpaid. No team would want him for that reason. Having salary cap is very valuable in the NBA. Further, the Spurs will not trade anyone.

- As for the players on the injured-reserved list, Johnson III will not get any playing time at all. He will get his chance next year. However, I see Sean Marks playing well when he comes back, possibly the first big man from the bench. If not, he'll definently see time, unlike Massenburg. When he is activated, Wilks will be put on the IR list.

- Finally, the Spurs will end up with a 60-22 record at the end of the season, with the second best record behind Phoenix who will finish with a 64-18 record.

thispego
12-25-2004, 10:03 PM
Duncan will continue his dominance and will be the only Spur to make the All-Star team. However, he will not win the MVP.

Only thing I agree with,... everything else is horse fodder.