PDA

View Full Version : Garbage Time For Elson and Bonner

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 11:07 PM
He only got to see 1:43 of playing time. And Bonner didn't play at all. What was this for? Just matchup problems? Some other reasons? Details please.

FirebatMIV
11-21-2007, 11:09 PM
He only got to see 1:43 of playing time. What was this for? Just matchup problems? Or did he cause a ruckus in practice? Details please.

Oberto was playing well, small ball was working, Timmy was motivated and would you really play Elson vs. Howard under any condition? Bonner for that matter?

AFBlue
11-21-2007, 11:10 PM
Probably moreso the fact that the four-guard system was working on offense. I have no doubt that Elson had the speed to match up with the Orlando small-ball lineup, but it was clear that the Spurs were going to have to be potent offensively to keep up with Howard and Turkoglu (why didn't he shoot like that with the Spurs?).

Bottom Line: Fin and Barry were on fire, so why mess with a good thing? Put as many hot shooters out there as possible.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 11:12 PM
Lol I didn't even notice Pop didn't play Bonner as well. :lol

FirebatMIV
11-21-2007, 11:14 PM

How do you not notice Bonner? He's our token awkward white guy. Heck, he's even a red head, it's his job on this team to be noticed.

In all seriousness, I think if Oberto didn't do as well as he did in the 3rd quarter or if Howard was more of a factor on the offensive glass, one of the other bigs probably would have seen more play.

AFBlue
11-21-2007, 11:15 PM

He did get some court time....

Before tipoff with the Thanksgiving message right?

Spurs Dynasty 21
11-21-2007, 11:15 PM
seeing how Bonner was trash against ATL it's no surprise

SequSpur
11-21-2007, 11:37 PM
Bonner sucks.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-21-2007, 11:39 PM
I wish Bonner falls off a roller coaster and breaks every bone in his body.

SequSpur
11-21-2007, 11:42 PM
i didn't say that... i don't wish harm on anyone...

he just ain't worth a 3 mill deal. If he would've signed for the minimum like I said, He would be an overachiever, but shit, that ain't going to happen.

BradLohaus
11-21-2007, 11:46 PM
Elson's bench time tonight was a surprise, as you would think that he would be at least somewhat useful against Howard.

I'm thinking it's some CIA mind games for motivation given his lackluster play lately.