PDA

View Full Version : Time for me to fess up!

Chris Childs
11-22-2007, 06:20 PM
:depressed ......

I was wrong about Isiah. Good maybe great talent scout and I still like the dude. I still think certain media type didn't want him to do well and maybe that clouded my vision. But at this point he should not coach this team. We all know the reasons why.

I was wrong about Starbury. Mentally I thought he had finally matured by the end of last season. Physically at 30 I believed he still had most of his game especially if given adequate rest. I was WRONG on both counts.

I was wrong about Curry. I thought that he was slowly improving. I thought that his offensive prowess more than outweighed his Defensive deficiencies.

I was wrong about Lee. Still a good player, but he is not well rounded enough yet to be considered a quality starter on THIS team.

I was wrong about Balkman. I thought he would have developed some sort of jumpshot. I still like him though...

I was wrong about Mardy. Or rather I was fooled. He can't fill Starbury shoes, even at the low price of $14.99.

Ultimately I was wrong about this team and what it takes to win games. I honestly thought we would have so much raw firepower that we would be winning games on sheer offense. That win in the preseason against Boston and the win against Denver at home further reinforced this belief. But man I was seriously WRONG here. Sure I knew intangibles were important but more important than raw talent? Yep they most definitely are. Intangibles - Leadership, Work ethic/Hustle, Pride, Team work - we have the worst in the league. We almost have negative intangibles. We are the anti 97/98 team. Remember that team I was on that upset Miami in the playoffs with no Ewing? The team that had me, Buck Williams, Terry Cummings, and Oakley. We were not nearly as talented but our intangibles were through the roof. I was always a threat for the opposing team. Buck Williams was the Leadership and Savy we now lack. Oak was the Heart and Intimidation. Terry Cummings was the Work ethic and consistency on Defense. None of us at that point had the offensive talent of a Zach Randolph or the Hops of a David Lee....

:depressed

I guess the knicks won't be making the playoffs this year or anytime soon. And I guess I won't be around here when mid-April hits either. And I still can't believe I betted my s/n for this scrubby knicks team. Shame on me.

But I still hate Kobe though...I hope he fails even more and don't win a title before the knicks.

:(

Cry Havoc
11-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Kobe Bryant will never win a title as the best player on his team. Period. So be at rest with that.

The Knicks just have poor management right now. That's their problem. They are manhandled by the XOs who sign horrible players with bad attitudes to massive contracts.

They'll turn it around, but not before they have a complete overturn. They have to draft a franchise player with a top 5 pick, build around him, and put some players with good character into the organization.

The Knicks kind of remind me of a mob right now. There is absolutely nothing good about it. Everything needs to change.

TayRod-Billups
11-22-2007, 11:29 PM
This is my first post here and all I'm going to say is that the Isiah and the whole Knicks organization makes me sick. I smell someone getting fired pretty soon if something dramatic doesn't happen.

MagnusKrauss
11-23-2007, 10:06 AM
the one i feel sorry for is the knick's owner. sure he can piss money, but all of it's being wasted on isiah and those players.

maybe that's what happens to big-market franchises. they tend to attract players (and personnel) who are more money-oriented than team-oriented.

is there any sort of supporting history to this trend? i'm not sure but it feels true, right? i also feel that big-market franchises tend to produce the biggest divas too.

or am i stupid?