11-23-2007, 08:49 PM
mavs'll end up winning by 20

Dirkgreatness
11-23-2007, 08:51 PM
Wow, was this thread necessary?

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-23-2007, 08:54 PM
Wow, was this thread necessary?
Well if you don't feel like talking about the Mavs...

Dirkgreatness
11-23-2007, 09:09 PM
I never see a thread about the Mavs started when we are winning. Theres always a thread started about how much we're losing or getting our asses kicked. Thats why its kinda surprising a Mavs fan started this thread.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Then start making threads when they win.

duncan228
11-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Dirk Nowitzki usually makes a :clap :clap :elephant :elephant game thread for every Mavs game.
He must be busy tonight.

Amarelooms
11-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Ummm sorry but even if they win...NO FUCKIN EXCUSE TO BE DOWN BY 16 POINTS TO THE FREAKIN PACERS. Only game the Mavs have played well was against the SPurs. All other games have been piss poor efforts

Dirkgreatness
11-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Yeah I agree. They should be dominating these kinds of teams especially since O'Neal is out.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Dallas within 3 now.

Tippecanoe
11-23-2007, 09:54 PM
the mavs'll have a monstrous fourth quarter and win by 15

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-23-2007, 09:57 PM
End of the 3rd, down 87-88.

dg7md
11-23-2007, 10:04 PM
:lmao :lmao Avery you are pathetic.

Amarelooms
11-23-2007, 10:06 PM
:lmao :lmao Avery you are pathetic.

Avery was right...bullshit call...how was that not a shooting foul? :elephant

dg7md
11-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Avery was right...bullshit call...how was that not a shooting foul? :elephant

I'm talking about his reaction, dipshit. No coach should ever pull that type of garbage.

Dirkgreatness
11-23-2007, 10:07 PM
Salvator is TRASH!

Amarelooms
11-23-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm talking about his reaction, dipshit. No coach should ever pull that type of garbage.

Go fuck yourself douche bag...that "coach" lead a team to the finals his first whole season as coach :elephant

dg7md
11-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Go fuck yourself douche bag...that "coach" lead a team to the finals his first whole season as coach :elephant

That's a nice story, how was the ending?

Amarelooms
11-23-2007, 10:16 PM

http://i15.tinypic.com/85390mr.gif

:elephant

Amuseddaysleeper
11-23-2007, 10:19 PM
I never see a thread about the Mavs started when we are winning. Theres always a thread started about how much we're losing or getting our asses kicked. Thats why its kinda surprising a Mavs fan started this thread.

uhhh, it's a Spurs board, of course threads like these will be made

and I agree w/ amarelooms, the Mavs have been playing horrifically lately, but as long as they are getting the wins they'll continue to stay afloat.

Hopefully the Spurs can take advantage of the mavs looking somewhat out of sync come December 5.

lurker
11-23-2007, 10:40 PM
There goes our championship!

Mr.Bottomtooth
I'll say.

jmard5
Ok, what happened to Dallas and how did they lose?

mavsluva
11-23-2007, 10:41 PM
My income is not effected by this loss and my life will go on at the same time.

Good win for Indiana.

monosylab1k
11-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Hey guys did you see Dirk take the game into his hands and do everything he could to win?

Yeah, me neither.

They were designing plays after timeouts for BRANDON FUCKING BASS. No confidence in Dirk whatsoever, and for very good reason. This year it's a 50/50 proposition on whether Dirk will show up in crunch time, or if he's going to puss out and we have to put all our hopes on Devin Harris to pull it out.

I love Dirk but this year I just have no confidence in him whatsoever. It looks like the team doesn't either.

monosylab1k
11-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Ok, what happened to Dallas and how did they lose?
Dirk's vagina started bleeding again.

mavsfan1000
11-23-2007, 10:45 PM
There goes our championship!
I hope you are being sarcastic as this is the 12th game of the year.

Dirkgreatness
11-23-2007, 10:46 PM
uhhh, it's a Spurs board, of course threads like these will be made

and I agree w/ amarelooms, the Mavs have been playing horrifically lately, but as long as they are getting the wins they'll continue to stay afloat.

Hopefully the Spurs can take advantage of the mavs looking somewhat out of sync come December 5.

Yeah i know but its surprising since this it was started by a Mavs fan.

Anywho, the Mavs are starting to piss me off. Why the f*ck did we go to Bass at the end of the game? Dirk should've gotten the ball..... hes our best player.

monosylab1k
11-23-2007, 10:47 PM
Why the f*ck did we go to Bass at the end of the game? Dirk should've gotten the ball
If Dirk wants the ball, Dirk is getting the ball. He obviously didn't want it.

mavsfan1000
11-23-2007, 10:47 PM
Yeah i know but its surprising since this it was started by a Mavs fan.

Anywho, the Mavs are starting to piss me off. Why the f*ck did we go to Bass at the end of the game? Dirk should've gotten the ball..... hes our best player.
Was. Right now Howard and Harris are our best players.

monosylab1k
11-23-2007, 10:49 PM
and I just might agree with Spurs fans now, that Josh Howard is a big-time mental midget. The guy makes so many mental errors it's not even funny.

Mr.Bottomtooth
:lol

mono you slay me.

SpursIndonesia
Oh, overreaction thread yet again. Mavs will be fine, i have no doubt about that. Avery just tries to mimic Pop's way of sucking in the winter and spamming in the spring, that's all.

Dirkgreatness
11-23-2007, 10:50 PM

You're fucking retarded. Dirk is still our best player, the Mavs have gone away from him this season for some fucking reason.

jman3000
11-23-2007, 10:51 PM
wow... they actually lost this game? i thought for sure they were sleep walking and would turn it up a notch or 5 in the 4th.

Dirkgreatness
11-23-2007, 10:52 PM

Oh right.... so Terry, Devin, and Josh (all better options) didn't want the ball either. BULLSHIT!

mavsfan1000
11-23-2007, 10:53 PM
You're fucking retarded. Dirk is still our best player, the Mavs have gone away from him this season for some fucking reason.
Well Harris and Howard have matched Dirk's scoring and they aren't defensive liabilities like Dirk is. Troy Murphy was killing Dirk today.

mavsfan1000
11-23-2007, 10:55 PM
I disagree. I like Bass's potential but he is indeed a black hole when he gets the ball. He almost cost us the game against Golden State with bad shot at the end of that game.

Dirkgreatness
11-23-2007, 10:57 PM
Well Harris and Howard have matched Dirk's scoring and they aren't defensive liabilities like Dirk is. Troy Murphy was killing Dirk today.

I'll give you Harris but Dirk had a better game than Josh. Supposely Dirk is our superstar but he really isn't being treated like one. I kept seeing Dirk wanting the ball and his team mates not giving it to him.

Dirkgreatness
11-23-2007, 11:00 PM
I disagree. I like Bass's potential but he is indeed a black hole when he gets the ball. He almost cost us the game against Golden State with bad shot at the end of that game.

Bass has a tendency to shoot the ball every time he gets it.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-23-2007, 11:02 PM
I was STUNNED that BRANDON BASS shoots the final key shot of the game for the mavs.

just wow.

I like the guy, but I don't think the offense should ever be run through him in the final possession of any game.

The mavs are in a bit of a funk, but it's only november.

BeerIsGood!
11-23-2007, 11:06 PM
The Mavs are trying the rest during the regular season thing, but I don't know if they're using it correctly. You use that time to get your role players and chemistry in sync before the playoffs, as well as your defense. The mavs defense always seems very reach happy to me and not based on positioning. If all those reaches and hacks are getting cslled they have a tough time stopping people.

mavsfan1000
11-23-2007, 11:07 PM
I was STUNNED that BRANDON BASS shoots the final key shot of the game for the mavs.

just wow.

I like the guy, but I don't think the offense should ever be run through him in the final possession of any game.

The mavs are in a bit of a funk, but it's only november.
Not much of a funk since we've found ways to win 5 straight before tonight. I'm actually glad we aren't peaking too soon as I think we can get a lot better. Devean George and Eddie Jones should help things. At least defensively.

ShaqDynasty
11-23-2007, 11:09 PM
All I know is me and Flash beat a team we were supposed to beat tonight.

Indiana went out and tried to shoot some shots on Dallas and made shots on Dallas.

Just gimme the ball and I'll score.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-23-2007, 11:13 PM
Not much of a funk since we've found ways to win 5 straight before tonight. I'm actually glad we aren't peaking too soon as I think we can get a lot better. Devean George and Eddie Jones should help things. At least defensively.

The Mavs record is what I call "fools gold". Pop has coined that terms for the Spurs several times last year.

I'm def. not saying the Mavs should hit the panic button, and once again it's only November, but they still have some kinks to work out.

and yes, the Spurs have some kinks to work out as well, don't worry.

HeatChamps
11-23-2007, 11:15 PM
All I know is me and Flash beat a team we were supposed to beat tonight.

Indiana went out and tried to shoot some shots on Dallas and made shots on Dallas.

Just gimme the ball and I'll score.
Yep we beat teams we are supposed to beat. Wade is back and the league has no answer for him. Jordanesque.

sribb43
11-23-2007, 11:16 PM
:lol :lol

sribb43
11-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Nothing like having your top 3 scoring options at the end of games like this

1. Bass
2. Barea
3. Dirk

now i know why Paul Westphal isnt a head coach anymore

Findog
11-23-2007, 11:20 PM
The Mavs record is what I call "fools gold". Pop has coined that terms for the Spurs several times last year.

I'm def. not saying the Mavs should hit the panic button, and once again it's only November, but they still have some kinks to work out.

and yes, the Spurs have some kinks to work out as well, don't worry.

Yesterday you were calling us the best team in the league. They played a sloppy, disjointed game and didn't deserve to win. It's early in the season, and I don't think they'll get too down about it either. They have stuff to work on just like every other team.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-23-2007, 11:33 PM
Yesterday you were calling us the best team in the league. They played a sloppy, disjointed game and didn't deserve to win. It's early in the season, and I don't think they'll get too down about it either. They have stuff to work on just like every other team.

This is true, and I understand how idiotic that may sound on my part to criticize them so soon. But I was looking closely at their last few games and realized that they maybe weren't as good as advertised.

Now, like I said, it's only November, they still have the Spurs numbers, and I agree that they won't get too down about it.

I just think it's a bit suspect to see how much they are often falling behind to these teams that they should be murdering (mostly indiana and toronto) especially this early in the season.

TampaDude
11-23-2007, 11:54 PM
HA HA...the Mavs lose...HA HA...the Mavs lose...HA HA...the Mavs lose... :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-24-2007, 12:02 AM
HA HA...the Mavs lose...HA HA...the Mavs lose...HA HA...the Mavs lose... :lol
Yea.....

spursfan09
11-24-2007, 12:16 AM
Well think of it this way Mav fans, what good did it do you last year to peak in the regular season?

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-24-2007, 12:18 AM
Well think of it this way Mav fans, what good did it do you last year to peak in the regular season?
He's got a point there...

SpursFanFirst
11-24-2007, 12:23 AM
Yeah I agree. They should be dominating these kinds of teams especially since O'Neal is out.

O'Neal is overrated (and waaaay overpaid!), and he messes with the team chemistry when he plays...IMO
Perhaps he'd be better if he was paired with a true franchise player, but HE is not that player.

Findog
11-24-2007, 12:39 AM
They should be dominating these kinds of teams especially since O'Neal is out.

I don't agree with that at all. O'Neal is a black hole on offense, has an attitude about being there, and because of injuries he's not the same defender he once was. Major Ewing Theory Potential here. When he's in, his teammates get to stand around and watch him iso. When he's out, they get to move the ball around instead of just watching. Kind of like how the Sixers were better without Iverson last year.

We didn't shoot well, were too reliant on jumpers, I don't get the Bass isolation at the end, surely they didn't draw it up for him. Then Jet and Dirk fumbling the exchange on the inbounds pass. They played too shitty to pull this one out. But Devin Harris is pretty fucking good right now. There's only a few PGs besides Nash, Deron, Baron, Kidd and Paul who can top what Devin is doing right now. He was fucking awesome tonight , and he's been pretty fucking awesome the whole season.

Dirk Nowitzki
11-24-2007, 01:35 AM
Watched the game and was bleh. We were due to lose after finding ways to comeback after digging ourselves a big hole in each of these games this past week. One thing is certain...we have work to do but it is a long season. I dont know what to expect against the Bucks tomorrow night. I could see us rebounding and getting a win or getting our asses kicked due to being fatigued fighting so hard to come back from 24,17, and 16 deficits in 3 of the last 4 days. We'll see.

DubMcDub
11-24-2007, 01:41 AM

We're hoping that taking the Spurs' approach of consistently losing to middle of the pack East teams in the regular season will pay off with Spurs-like results in April and beyond. :toast

jman3000
11-24-2007, 01:46 AM
We're hoping that taking the Spurs' approach of consistently losing to middle of the pack East teams in the regular season will pay off with Spurs-like results in April and beyond. :toast
it's actually the cellar dweller east teams that we struggle against... bobcats, atlanta, bucks etc. : /

monosylab1k
11-24-2007, 02:07 AM
Oh right.... so Terry, Devin, and Josh (all better options) didn't want the ball either. BULLSHIT!
If they wanted it they would have said something. They obviously were looking to Dirk to provide some goddamn leadership out there.

No way Paul Westphal is telling Dirk Fucking Nowitzki the MVP that he's gonna go with Brandon Bass being the #1 option in crunch time.

If Dirk really wanted it, he would have done what Michael Jordan & any other true leader would do - say "Fuck that shit, give me the fucking ball and stay out of the fucking way! The rest of you assholes better rebound and play some defense, cuz I'm putting the ball in the hoop until we win."

jmard5
11-24-2007, 05:14 AM

Surprisingly, you are correct. I have been keeping tabs on Josh Howard's stats since I have him in one of my fantasy teams.

And guess what, during the first week of the NBA fantasy season, I traded my Dirk Nowitzki plus one decent PG for Chris Kaman and Manu Ginobili.

Right now... Kaman > Nowitzki.

Pretty good deal so far.

jmard5
11-24-2007, 05:21 AM
There's only a few PGs besides Nash, Deron, Baron, Kidd and Paul who can top what Devin is doing right now. He was fucking awesome tonight , and he's been pretty fucking awesome the whole season.

Wow. I think you forgot the S.A. point guard in your list.

Me hurts now very bad.

1Parker1
11-24-2007, 10:38 AM
Hey guys did you see Dirk take the game into his hands and do everything he could to win?

Yeah, me neither.

They were designing plays after timeouts for BRANDON FUCKING BASS. No confidence in Dirk whatsoever, and for very good reason. This year it's a 50/50 proposition on whether Dirk will show up in crunch time, or if he's going to puss out and we have to put all our hopes on Devin Harris to pull it out.

I love Dirk but this year I just have no confidence in him whatsoever. It looks like the team doesn't either.

The best part is...the same thing happened in the Houston game. Brandon Bass was the one posting up in the 4th quarter and taking shots. Mavs got lucky that game that he was making them and that Devin Harris was making his shots as well in the 4th.

bdictjames
11-24-2007, 11:57 AM
Im starting to think Avery is doing this purposely. Slump in the first two quarters and let's see how you do in the 3rd and 4th when the Mavs really play hard. This could be useful in the playoffs.

kskonn
11-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Im starting to think Avery is doing this purposely. Slump in the first two quarters and let's see how you do in the 3rd and 4th when the Mavs really play hard. This could be useful in the playoffs.

I just still fall under the group of people that has a hard time believing that coahes purposely coach their teams to play poorly. I just don't think there is any coach who is able to coach their team down when they are often struggling to get them to do the right things most the time. Maybe this is the case but I can't imagine this happening.

Findog
11-24-2007, 01:42 PM

Me hurts now very bad.

I think Parker is a very good player. I also think he benefits a lot with Duncan behind him.

PoleSmoking
11-24-2007, 01:51 PM

Me hurts now very bad.

Devin Harris's stats might look good now, but it will all even out. In reality, he's nowhere near the caliber of ANY of those players he listed + Parker.

Devin Harris is a starter for Dallas out of necessity, because J. Terry is an awful failure as a point guard & they don't have anyone else. Harris is fast, but he's got serious offensive limitations -- especially his ball-handling, passing, and shooting. Good defender, and he seems like a smart guy; but for some reason he sometimes just doesn't play very smart at all, and makes horrible errors.

No way does Harris belong in that list + Parker. Not yet, and probably not ever.

DubMcDub
11-24-2007, 02:00 PM
If they wanted it they would have said something. They obviously were looking to Dirk to provide some goddamn leadership out there.

No way Paul Westphal is telling Dirk Fucking Nowitzki the MVP that he's gonna go with Brandon Bass being the #1 option in crunch time.

If Dirk really wanted it, he would have done what Michael Jordan & any other true leader would do - say "Fuck that shit, give me the fucking ball and stay out of the fucking way! The rest of you assholes better rebound and play some defense, cuz I'm putting the ball in the hoop until we win."

Ever stop to consider that maybe the coaches are purposefully trying to give a guy like Bass meaningful opportunities at the end of a game to help develop him?

My ass Dirk "didn't want the ball". The play was called for Bass. They know Dirk and Jet can hit end of game shots when it counts. They're trying to see what else they have. If we're on our last possession of a playoff game and the opposing D aggressively fronts/doubles Dirk, don't you think it'll be nice to have a guy in the low post we can toss it in to for an easy basket?

Walter Craparita
11-24-2007, 02:40 PM

lol owned.

Dallas is a high caliber team, no worries until the playoffs.

Findog
11-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Devin Harris's stats might look good now,

I didn't mention any of his stats. I could really give a fuck about his stats, good as they are this far into the season. If you watched the Mavericks this year, he's arguably been our best player.

In reality, he's nowhere near the caliber of ANY of those players he listed + Parker.

I didn't say he was as good as those elite PGs. But the gap isn't that wide.

Devin Harris is a starter for Dallas out of necessity,

Devin Harris is a starter for Dallas because he's a pure point guard and he's fucking good.

because J. Terry is an awful failure as a point guard

Terry is a tweener and is better suited for the Vinnie Johnson role. Harris started last year for us. Terry is on the bench because an undersized backcourt got exposed when we went up against Davis and Richardson.

Harris is fast, but he's got serious offensive limitations -- especially his ball-handling, passing, and shooting.

2005-06 scouting report. :lol

Seriously, you haven't watched him at ALL this year. It's only 12 games so far, but none of those things are true. He's also about to turn 25, so it would make sense that he's on the upward arc of his career and only getting better.

No way does Harris belong in that list + Parker. Not yet, and probably not ever.

Harris is easily in the second tier of PGs after Kidd, Nash, Deron, Paul, etc. I don't know what his ceiling is but given his age he should only continue to get better. He has a consistent outside jumper now, so pack the lane at your peril. His ballhandling and decision-making is better. He's an excellent defender, not just on the ball but on his rotations and closing out on guys. Dirk is putting up 21, 9 and 5 on 48% shooting, Howard is putting up 22 and 6 on 52% shooting, but Harris has easily been no less than our second-best player. Definitely our most important.

Findog
11-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Right now... Kaman > Nowitzki.

For fantasy purposes only, and that's with full acknowledgment that Kaman has been a beast.

PoleSmoking
11-24-2007, 03:03 PM
I didn't mention any of his stats. I could really give a fuck about his stats, good as they are this far into the season. If you watched the Mavericks this year, he's arguably been our best player.

I didn't say he was as good as those elite PGs. But the gap isn't that wide.

Devin Harris is a starter for Dallas because he's a pure point guard and he's fucking good.

Terry is a tweener and is better suited for the Vinnie Johnson role.

2005-06 scouting report. :lol

Seriously, you haven't watched him at ALL this year. It's only 12 games so far, but none of those things are true. He's also about to turn 25, so it would make sense that he's on the upward arc of his career and only getting better.

Harris is easily in the second tier of PGs after Kidd, Nash, Deron, etc. I don't know what his ceiling is but given his age he should only continue to get better. He has a consistent outside jumper now, so pack the lane at your peril. His ballhandling and decision-making is better. He's an excellent defender, not just on the ball but on his rotations and closing out on guys. Dirk is putting up 21, 9 and 5 on 48% shooting, Howard is putting up 22 and 6 on 52% shooting, but Harris has easily been no less than our second-best player. Easily our most important.

Okay, Findog. I agree with you on a few of your points, and it seems you are willing to concede that JET is pretty much a shooting guard. I've been arguing that for years against Dallas fans. He's is a very bad starting point guard, but a good 6th man shooter. No argument.

And I see that you concede that Harris is not a 1st tier point guard. You argue that he's 2nd tier, and I still dispute even that. I don't think Harris is at that point yet, but he MIGHT get there. Personally, I think he's a decent player but I think he's probably one of the worst starters in the league. He's a guy that should be coming off the bench and getting minutes, but I don't think he's really a starting caliber point-guard. It is necessity, not because he's so freaking good. Who else do they have?

SpursIndonesia
11-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Right now, Devin Harris certainly plays at a high level, above average among other PGs of the league, and pretty close to the upper echelon PGs that called elite. But the consistency is still a valid question against him, so we'll see the truth after this season end. I think he will endure some ups & down, frustating moment like what Parker has experienced in the past. If he can persevere & keep developing, he might get there as an elite eventually.

Findog
11-24-2007, 03:44 PM
Okay, Findog. I agree with you on a few of your points, and it seems you are willing to concede that JET is pretty much a shooting guard. I've been arguing that for years against Dallas fans. He's is a very bad starting point guard, but a good 6th man shooter. No argument.

And I see that you concede that Harris is not a 1st tier point guard. You argue that he's 2nd tier, and I still dispute even that. I don't think Harris is at that point yet, but he MIGHT get there. Personally, I think he's a decent player but I think he's probably one of the worst starters in the league. He's a guy that should be coming off the bench and getting minutes, but I don't think he's really a starting caliber point-guard. It is necessity, not because he's so freaking good. Who else do they have?

He hasn't done this for 82 games, so skepticism might be warranted. But the way he's played so far has been pretty damn good. It would appear that he's worked on his flaws -- I no longer cringe when he takes a three or a long two, he's making his share of those. His defense is as good as ever. He doesn't overdribble or try to do too much. It's no surprise that when he was sitting against Toronto, they went up by 24, and when he came back, we made a quick run to get the deficit down to 14 at the half. It's no surprise to me that Houston built up a 17-point lead when he was sitting on the bench and we began our comeback when he checked back in. Last night we played an overall shitty game against Indiana and didn't deserve to win, but he ignited the comeback. If he keeps this up, it solves some of our weaknesses from that GS series, and he's one of the few guys that can play Tony Parker to a draw, at least. Sometimes we'll win that matchup.

Dirk Nowitzki
11-24-2007, 04:27 PM
I think Parker is a very good player. I also think he benefits a lot with Duncan behind him.

It's safe to say that Parker passed the "very good" level after last years playoff performance. He is one of the elite point guards in the game who has really grown as a player and a co-leader. He is a legit star in this league because he is that amazing. Having Duncan helps but that doesnt take away that he is one of the best pg's in the league hands down.