PDA

View Full Version : Hey Rockets Fans

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-23-2007, 09:01 PM
It might be too soon to start it but why isn't Novak getting time with the Vipers? It's halfway through the 2nd and he hasn't played yet. I just caught this since they were playing against the Spurs D-League team, the Toros.

SpursIndonesia
11-24-2007, 08:02 AM
Sorry, OOT, but in sync with your thread title. The Rox bbs really is in suicide watch mode right now. :lol

J.T.
11-24-2007, 08:35 AM
Sorry, OOT, but in sync with your thread title. The Rox bbs really is in suicide watch mode right now. :lol

Understandable given they go from beating the Spurs to a sub .500 record in the span of three weeks.

itzsoweezee
11-24-2007, 01:19 PM
hey rockets fans, this is what happens when you dump one of the best coaches in the league that emphasizes defense for a bum. you got what you deserve.

DOMINATOR
11-24-2007, 01:47 PM
hey rockets fans, this is what happens when you dump one of the best coaches in the league that emphasizes defense for a bum. you got what you deserve.
yes the fans made the decision... we had a vote. :rolleyes

besides the rockets are just playing bad and not used to the system yet. growing pains.

oh and no idea why Novak isn't playing.

Bruno
11-24-2007, 02:13 PM
http://www.themonitor.com/sports/vipers_6828___article.html/season_novak.html

Coming into the arena before Friday’s season opener against Austin, Rio Grande Valley Vipers forward Steve Novak seemed fine. He was walking with a bounce in his step and said he was looking forward to taking the court. But soon thereafter back spasms flared and he was declared out before the Vipers’ 104-97 win.

“I was feeling good all the way through until walk-through, then I just took a step and it kind of locked up on me,” Novak said. “It’s not bad. I think it’s just going to be a couple of days, but it was enough to keep me out.”

Novak, who was assigned to the Vipers by the NBA’s Houston Rockets, said he had back spasms once last season. The Vipers’ training staff said before the game that Novak is questionable for Sunday’s game against Bakersfield at Dodge Arena.

Matchman
11-24-2007, 02:22 PM
Novak is out due to injury.
besides i dont think an avg sized unatheletic PF who got no post-moves or defense can get much play-time in the pros.

We are really in trouble now.
most of our new helpers are not helping at all (except Scola). Mike James is ball hogging, Bonzi Wells is bricking lay-ups, Steve Francis is in the dog house, Aaron Brooks is a rookie, even Luis Scola is picking up stupid fouls to keep him off the floor.
We are still starting the same starters from last year (Yao, Hayes, Battier, McGrady, Alston). Thats 3 Offensive liabilities in the starting line-up! (It worked last year because the Van Gundy Slug Fest emphasized defense)

Roxsfan
11-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Well, all I can say is I'm riding the storm.....I won't defend any criticism of the players, coaches, front-office, fans, the city.......whatever. I am not paid millions to shoulder that load. Any criticism should be defended on the court anyway, not by my mouth. So keep dogging them, they might just be motivated by embarrassment :toast

K-State Spur
11-24-2007, 07:25 PM
Mike James is ball hogging, Bonzi Wells is bricking lay-ups, Steve Francis is in the dog house, Aaron Brooks is a rookie, even Luis Scola is picking up stupid fouls to keep him off the floor.

That's pretty much the track record with each of those guys. The Rockets can't really complain when they pick up some new players and those guys do what they've always done.

With the exception of Scola's offensive ability and the fact the Bonzi has a track record of owning the Spurs, there probably wasn't as much reason to get excited about the Rockets' offseason as some of the members of the media who creamed themselves did.

Purple & Gold
11-25-2007, 12:24 AM
Battier for Rudy Gay. Horrible trade.

Armando
11-25-2007, 12:25 AM
So T-Mac,

How much game is left in Shaq's tank?

Armando
11-25-2007, 12:26 AM
Battier for Rudy Gay. Horrible trade.

I got one better.

Tyrus Thomas for LeMarcus Aldridge.