PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts - Spurs vs. Grizzlies

SRJ
11-23-2007, 11:02 PM
- Brent Barry is the big story off the bench lately. His shot wasn't so automatic tonight, but he was as involved, alert, and aggressive tonight as he was against Orlando.

- People are seriously questioning Tim? That's pretty funny. As much as I believe in statistics, they don't tell you everything - and watching the games should reveal that Tim hasn't lost anything but opportunities, as Tony and Manu have started the season so strongly.

- The Spurs defense is usually noted for keeping FG% down; that was true tonight (MEM's FG%: .432)- what was also true is that the Spurs defense tonight was a more disruptive force in terms of forcing turnovers. The Spurs were getting lots of hands on loose balls and really creating pressure, not the usual strong point of Spurs D.

- Elson should only be allowed in the games 1) when he's wearing the mask and 2) when Ginobili is on the floor.

That's all I got. timvp and others, your thoughts?

HighLowLobForBig-50
11-23-2007, 11:17 PM
-Id say brent has been doin his job well of late, but hes also got that whole "new philosophy" aboot basketball this year. I still believe brent has a breakout year in him, if not in maybe his last year as a spur.
-Tony and manu have in fact started strong but tim could have started strong too. in a couple games so far, he has looked disinterested, or "lazy" during the game. this goes back to the whole "november" thing though.
-I couldn't agree more on the defense part. we were definately quick to balls and quick to stop the ball tonight. an awesome new aspect of the spurs D to see tonight.
-haha elson reminded me of nazi tonight. was ok (playin with the likes of manu) but just coulda done sooo much more.

great job , kinda timvp-esque. kinda

timvp
11-23-2007, 11:26 PM
Oops I would've posted in here if I saw it before I started the other thread.

SRJ
11-23-2007, 11:42 PM
Oops I would've posted in here if I saw it before I started the other thread.

I just hadn't started a thread in a while. I needed the practice.