PDA

View Full Version : Kansas v Missouri

Fabbs
11-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Q. Loser has no more games except bowl game, right? Winner has Big 12 Championship game.

The way this year is going wouldn't it be something if Kansas loses either today, or next week in the Big 12 Champ game. I dunno, these conference tournaments are a catch 22. If Kansas goes 1-1 to finish 12-1, there is going to be massive arguments over who gets the title game. For that matter if Kansas loses close to Missu to finish 11-1, Kansas can say they are as good a one loss team as any. Except Missou.

Kansas controls it's own National Championship fate as of this morning for sure. I would say they are the only team that for a fact does. By that i mean there is no way the BCS dorks can keep Kansas out if they go undefeated. Missouri should also control it's own fate as they are rated #3 and if they close with two wins can only go up. Of course that's in non B.S.C. world.

The last undefeated team is Hawaii, and no way is Hawaii going to jump that many spaces and get a BYU asterik championship. Would you give undefeated Hawaii a title game?

Thunder Dan
11-24-2007, 12:35 PM
Kansas doesn't play anyone so they need the Championship game to help convince people they are worthy. Mizzouri on the other hand should be upset they have to play another game because they already played Oklahoma. Kansas' toughest game was probably Nebraska, and that isn't so tough to be honest.

Fabbs
11-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Miz 14 Kansas 0 haltime.

Couple of very screwed up scoring ops blown by Kansas.

LaMarcus Bryant
11-24-2007, 10:11 PM
It's downright sad that Kansas will fall by at least 6-7 spots in the rankings after this game, while a team like USC drops like two, and gains two when other teams ranked around them are still winning.

I was so hoping for a clusterfuck of epic proportions but now it just looks like your casual run-of-the-mill bcs clusterfuck.

tlongII
11-24-2007, 10:40 PM
It's downright sad that Kansas will fall by at least 6-7 spots in the rankings after this game, while a team like USC drops like two, and gains two when other teams ranked around them are still winning.

I was so hoping for a clusterfuck of epic proportions but now it just looks like your casual run-of-the-mill bcs clusterfuck.

Kansas sucks ass. They're finally playing a decent team and they're getting their asses kicked. USC is healthy again and could beat any team in the country.

slayermin
11-24-2007, 11:04 PM
Kansas' defense making Chase Daniels look like Tom Brady.

dallaskd
11-24-2007, 11:50 PM
This is going to be the worst title game ever. Oklahoma will beat Mizzou, but if not what MIZZ vs WVU? MIZZ vs OSU? WVU vs OSU? OSU vs GEORGIA? gay. all options are shit.

BeerIsGood!
11-24-2007, 11:52 PM
This is going to be the worst title game ever. Oklahoma will beat Mizzou, but if not what MIZZ vs WVU? MIZZ vs OSU? WVU vs OSU? OSU vs GEORGIA? gay. all options are shit.

College Football Sucks Major Ass.

djohn14
11-25-2007, 12:00 AM
Mizzou...big 12 Title Here We Come...then National Title...if You Dont Like Us Bite Us!!!!! Boom Baby

Extra Stout
11-25-2007, 12:05 AM
Oklahoma will beat Missouri.

Horry For 3!
11-25-2007, 02:38 AM
I think Missouri has a good chance to beat Oklahoma. They barely lost to Oklahoma earlier in the year and they want to get their revenge.

Horry For 3!
11-25-2007, 02:39 AM
It will be either Missouri vs West Virginia or West Virginia vs Ohio State.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-25-2007, 02:45 AM
So you're saying in either case it will be the gayest championship (and one of the least meaningful in terms of absolute records) of all time?

To date, the only true undisputed BCS champion is the team that emerged in January of '06.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-25-2007, 02:50 AM
This is a bigger clusterfuck season than the most verbally assailed BCS championship of 2004 season. The only difference is that this year, there is not an up-and-coming white coach-releated coach who has the word "urban" in his name, and has been spouting in the media why his team deserves championship consideration.

This season has no Venables except for the real Venables, who is only a DC.

jochhejaam
11-25-2007, 06:53 AM
Any option with Ohio State is a good one.

jochhejaam
11-25-2007, 06:54 AM
Oklahoma will beat Missouri.
That's what I'm hoping for. :toast

jochhejaam
11-25-2007, 06:55 AM
It will be either Missouri vs West Virginia or West Virginia vs Ohio State.
That's highly likely. It's been a wild year, but I can't envision Pitt beating WVU.

djohn14
11-25-2007, 11:37 AM
Kansas earned my respect last night for not giving up. Mizzou proved they do have a solid D. They bend but dont break. Here is why I THINK they will beat Oklahoma...

1. They played them in Normon and lost by 10 but held the lead in the fourth quarter
2. Jeremy Maclin-He has became a beast since that game
3. The D-Although they lost Pig Brown, William Moore and Sean Weatherspoon has stepped up big
4. Tony Temple-He was injured against them, but with him back, we have a running game to go along with that great passing game.
5. Chase Daniel-1 INT in his last 4 games with 11 or more TD's
6. CONFIDENCE-THEY HAVE PROVEN LAST NIGHT THAT THEY CAN WIN THE BIG GAME AND THAT WILL CARRY OVER!

scott
11-25-2007, 02:58 PM
I only need one reason to trump your 6 on why OU will win.

1. STOOPS

djohn14
11-25-2007, 04:36 PM
UM....NO...Thats why you have no vBookie cash...you make bad choices...we will find out my friend....OH yeah, MIZZOU is number 1

scott
11-25-2007, 06:17 PM
I have no vBookie cash because this week's games haven't been paid out yet, Einstein.

Care to place a sig bet on it? Are you even a Missouri fan, or some outside observer who fails to recognize Stoops greatness? I only sig bet with fans...

K-State Spur
11-25-2007, 07:23 PM
I only need one reason to trump your 6 on why OU will win.

1. STOOPS

Snyder OWNED him in a Championship game. Pinkel's not Snyder, but Stoops isn't invincible either.

scott
11-25-2007, 07:31 PM
No one asked you!!!

K-State Spur
11-25-2007, 08:00 PM
Yet, I was able to enter my opinion anyways. Message boards are an amazing thing...

scott
11-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Sorry, still a little bitter over that 2003 game...

K-State Spur
11-25-2007, 08:10 PM
If it makes you feel better, I'm bitter over both 2000 games.

djohn14
11-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Um Scott...actually I am a Mizzou fan...As big as youll find...try me...and I'll bet you anything

scott
11-25-2007, 10:10 PM
Cool, lets just bet a sig for the game. OU logo vs. Mizzou logo, loser sports it until after all bowls are played. Deal?

You going to the game? A friend was supposed to sell me his tix (he's a UT alumn) but might have to take some people for business. Now I'm just contemplating whether to get $60 tix in a bad location, or shell out for good tix through a broker.

djohn14
11-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Also, Im not denying the fact that Stoops is a great coach, because he is, but if the the players dont play, it dosent matter what the coach does. Im also not denying the fact the Bradford is a very good QB and Allen Patrick is a very good RB. Im also a "mild" Oklahoma fan. I loved watching Peterson and CJ Ah Yu play. I always wanted them to win, except of course the MU games.

djohn14
11-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Ill take your bet Scott and Im looking forward to the game. I dont know If Im going, but If a few of my budies can get off work Ill be there in a hartbeat!!!!!!!!

scott
11-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Rock on.

djohn14
11-26-2007, 08:08 PM
hell yeah