PDA

View Full Version : Does Buying An S-Video Cord Really Make A Difference For Your DVD Player?

davi78239
11-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Does this cord really make the Picture look better if you put one in or can you not really tell a Difference? I bought one last week and I don't know if I can see any improvement. I still have the white and red cords hooked up to the tv and DVD and just unplugged the yellow video cord, since the S-Video now takes it's place( I am right I hope). Now at BB and CC, I've seen better S-Video cords that come with the white and red audio cords and I wonder if those type of packages would work better than the "el Cheepo" looking ones that you would get with a DVD player or stereo. Hopefully you guys know where I'm coming from with all this and can help me out. Thanks!

Slomo
11-24-2007, 12:07 PM
What TV (type, size) do you have?

The difference between the most expensive and cheapest S-Video cable is barely noticeable under normal conditions (length of cable under 2 meters/6-7 feet).

At the same time the difference between the video composite cable (yellow jack in your case) and S-Video should be noticeable.

You are right the S-video cable took over the job of transfering the video to the TV (you don't need to have the yellow jack plugged in).

Cry Havoc
11-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Unless you have a tiny, old TV, there is a massive difference. Even bigger with component cables. Everything is sharper, clearer, there's just no comparison.