PDA

View Full Version : Great day for Aggie fans

Jimcs50
11-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Friday was a great time to be an Aggie fan.

Aggies beat the hell outta Texas

Aggies won the NIT by totally blowing out Ohio State in Finals. Joseph Jones won the MVP with great tourney, and looks totally healthy thus far this year. Center DeAndre Jordan looks to be a dominant player in the Big 12.

Fran "resigned" leaving the door open to hire Rich Rodriguez from West Virginia.

leemajors
11-24-2007, 06:23 PM
why would rodriguez leave to go to a&m?

johngateswhiteley
11-24-2007, 07:25 PM

cause A&M is a better program...wake up t-sip.

leemajors
11-24-2007, 07:27 PM
cause A&M is a better program...wake up t-sip.
rodriguez can make a BCS bowl every year at WVU for the next few years, he has no chance of that at a&m. he didn't go to bama last year, he's probably not going anywhere for a while.

Jimcs50
11-25-2007, 12:34 PM

$$$$

But the point is moot, looks like Mike Sherman is the man, and I am fine with that pick, especially if he brings Shanahan with him as his offensive coordinator

Holt's Cat
11-25-2007, 12:37 PM
$$$$

But the point is moot, looks like Mike Sherman is the man, and I am fine with that pick, especially if he brings Shanahan with him as his offensive coordinator

As in Kyle? Um, ok.

Extra Stout
11-25-2007, 12:38 PM
rodriguez can make a BCS bowl every year at WVU for the next few years, he has no chance of that at a&m. he didn't go to bama last year, he's probably not going anywhere for a while.
BCS bowls through 2006 season:
West Virginia 1
Texas A&M 1

Holt's Cat
11-25-2007, 12:39 PM
Rodriguez is a stretch, if that. A&M's best shot for a name coach is Tuberville and that would be expensive to pull off. But at least you have some semblance of indication of interest on Tuberville's part. Just naming names and expecting that opening up the vault will land them is ridiculous.

Sherman would be a solid hire. If he could bring Jon Hoke (http://www.houstontexans.com/team/coach.asp?coach_id=14) from the Texans as his DC that would be nice.

Extra Stout
11-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Rodriguez is a stretch, if that. A&M's best shot for a name coach is Tuberville and that would be expensive to pull off. But at least you have some semblance of indication of interest on Tuberville's part. Just naming names and expecting that opening up the vault will land them is ridiculous.

Sherman would be a solid hire. If he could bring Jon Hoke (http://www.houstontexans.com/team/coach.asp?coach_id=14) from the Texans as his DC that would be nice.
But Aggieland is the greatest place on Earth, and Aggies are entitled to a perennial top-5 program on account of tradition, even though that situation has never existed in real life. Any coach who wouldn't kill his entire family for an opportunity to coach at A&M obviously can't handle the scrutiny of heading up a program that won a national championship a mere 68 years ago!

Holt's Cat
11-25-2007, 12:49 PM
A meltdown is coming when Sherman is announced as the new HC because the fanbase seems to expect that Spurrier would leave Augusta in mid-round for the opportunity to coach at A&M. Nevermind that Spurrier hasn't done much this century. He's a name and by God, that's all that matters.

Jimcs50
11-25-2007, 01:10 PM
A meltdown is coming when Sherman is announced as the new HC because the fanbase seems to expect that Spurrier would leave Augusta in mid-round for the opportunity to coach at A&M. Nevermind that Spurrier hasn't done much this century. He's a name and by God, that's all that matters.

Spurrier is not a name that anyone I know here wants. You are full of shit.

Holt's Cat
11-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Spurrier is not a name that anyone I know here wants. You are full of shit.

Spurrier is the name I continue to hear from just about any former student I encounter.

But he's no Rich Rodriguez. Or Vince Lombardi.

Jimcs50
11-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Spurrier is the name I continue to hear from just about any former student I encounter.

But he's no Rich Rodriguez. Or Vince Lombardi.

I am around dozens of Aggies every day and not one of them likes Spurrier....again, you are full of shit :rolleyes

LaMarcus Bryant
11-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Damion James--Great pickup for Coach Gillespie! :tu

Holt's Cat
11-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Nah, you are.

Anyways, Rich Rodriguez is just as good of an example of the ridiculous expectations floating around these days. You wanted Fran run off. Don't bitch and moan when Rodriguez (or Spurrier or Parcells or Cowher or Jimmy Johnson or Meyer or Carroll) don't drop everything to come to Aggieland and you are left with 'boring' (yet competent and connected) Mike Sherman.

Jimcs50
11-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Nah, you are.

Anyways, Rich Rodriguez is just as good of an example of the ridiculous expectations floating around these days. You wanted Fran run off. Don't bitch and moan when Rodriguez (or Spurrier or Parcells or Cowher or Jimmy Johnson or Meyer or Carroll) don't drop everything to come to Aggieland and you are left with 'boring' (yet competent and connected) Mike Sherman.

I will take Sherman in a heartbeat.

You are full of shit becaise you are arguing with someone that lives in College Station and is around Aggies up to my ass every day, who Aggies want to replace Fran. Spurrier and his higher than mightu attitude would not fit in here at all, he knows it, we all know it...stop looking like an ass

Holt's Cat
11-25-2007, 01:48 PM
So if you don't live in College Station you don't know what is going on? I'm sure Lowry would be glad to hear that.

Jimcs50
11-25-2007, 01:51 PM
So if you don't live in College Station you don't know what is going on? I'm sure Lowry would be glad to hear that.

You DO NOT know what the Aggie fans know nearly as well as I do. Do you not understand the words coming out of my mouth????

scott
11-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Why is Aggie fan content to settle for Rich Rodriguez? Why not Stoops or Meyer or Tressel or Carrol or the frozen head of Bear Bryant?

RonMexico
11-25-2007, 11:42 PM
I really don't even care whose names are being thrown around because I don't think Bill Byrne is posting on this message board so everything is pure speculation.

Besides, why would we take the word of bitter UT fans about how much tradition does or does not exist in College Station?

Doug Collins
11-25-2007, 11:56 PM
Why is Aggie fan content to settle for Rich Rodriguez? Why not Stoops or Meyer or Tressel or Carrol or the frozen head of Bear Bryant?

Somebody has a little sand in his vagina :dramaquee

Brutalis
11-26-2007, 02:03 PM
"Beat the hell out of Texas"

No. But you beat them.