PDA

View Full Version : Ray Allen at the buzzer

Tippecanoe
11-24-2007, 09:39 PM
what a shot :wow

oh and good job on beating the gerald wallace-less bobcats by one measly point :rolleyes

himat
11-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Stupid Celtics.

mystargtr34
Man that was amazing... lucky escape

Amuseddaysleeper
Man that was gay... lucky escape

braeden0613
11-24-2007, 09:44 PM
Wow what a finish...i knew something bad was going to happen when charlotte was having a title celebration after pierce missed that jumper

sa_kid20
11-24-2007, 09:46 PM
was it on TV?

braeden0613
11-24-2007, 10:02 PM
it was on league pass

slayermin
11-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Jeff McGinnis should wear the dunce cap after this game.

SRJ
11-24-2007, 10:17 PM

oh and good job on beating the gerald wallace-less bobcats by one measly point :rolleyes

Don't sweat it - that's the NBA. You're gonna have nights like that. Hell, be glad you won on a bad night - most of the time, the off nights mean an L.

Warlord23
11-24-2007, 10:22 PM
I watched the game and Celts didn't look too impressive at all, their bench is still a big question mark at this point. Garnett and Pierce are consistently impressive, the rest aren't anything to write home about. That 11-1 record with 2 buzzer-beater victories is a bit misleading.

Lp26
11-24-2007, 10:31 PM
^

For some reason the Celtics don't really impress me either. I don't know what it is, but everytime i've seen them under any type of pressure they start going one on one, turning it over, and faltering, and then win the game due to playing either a young team, or a team that's not very good, or in tonight's case a shot they never should've needed in the 1st place. Maybe im underrating them, but until they play a string of quality opponents, i'm sticking with the opinion.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-24-2007, 10:38 PM
All what Charlotte had to do was inbound and they won, but the ball was deflected high in the air, picked up by Pierce, passed to Allen for the GW shot. If it wasn't luck, it was a major chokejob by the Bobcats. Both were terrible tonight.

ducks
11-24-2007, 11:25 PM
the shot will be on tv

Armando
11-24-2007, 11:58 PM

Yeah don't you just hate winning. Is the NBA you can't expect them to blow out teams all season. You will have nights when you see inexplicable losses. See Mavs/Bucks or Suns/Hawks. Even the mighty Spurs have lost to crappy teams.

K-State Spur
11-25-2007, 12:05 AM
Nothing wrong with the verdict, but I'd me more worried that they played each of their big 3 another 37+ min (including 41 for Allen) on the second half a back-to-back.

They're going to be running on fumes - if they stay injury free - come the end of the season.

Dirk Nowitzki
11-25-2007, 12:58 AM
The Celtics are the only team who have a chance of making the finals worth watching. If they dont go, the finals are going to suck ass.

Armando
11-25-2007, 01:03 AM
The Celtics are the only team who have a chance of making the finals worth watching. If they dont go, the finals are going to suck ass.

I hope they make it. Even if is Spurs/Celtics it still worth watching.

Yuixafun
11-25-2007, 03:20 AM
Heady play by Pierce and good job by Allen finding the open space.

That was 2 veterans being on the same page during a late game situation.

that said.. if the Celtics are hanging on and just barely beating so-so teams, their chances to go deep in the playoffs are slim. I see them using up so much energy during the regular season that they may not have much left.

Of course, if they do get past the second round... If you tell Garnett he only has to win 8 more games to get a ring I'm not sure what would happen. That's one intense dude.

jman3000
11-25-2007, 03:38 AM
spurs celtics would have some pretty good storylines... duncan/ garnett being the showcase... but bowen/allen, and doc's former ties to the spurs would all be interesting.

The_Game
11-25-2007, 05:51 AM
Heady play by Pierce and good job by Allen finding the open space.

That was 2 veterans being on the same page during a late game situation.

that said.. if the Celtics are hanging on and just barely beating so-so teams, their chances to go deep in the playoffs are slim. I see them using up so much energy during the regular season that they may not have much left.

Of course, if they do get past the second round... If you tell Garnett he only has to win 8 more games to get a ring I'm not sure what would happen. That's one intense dude.

Considering the celtics are destroying most teams they are playing i don't see how this one close game was bad. this is the NBA, there will be nights when you lose or get taken close by bad to average teams. thats the way it works. any spurs fan should freaking know this.

say what you want but 11-1 is impressive no matter what. bad thing is for everyone else they havn't started to hit their peak yet. come march time they should be even better.

Obstructed_View
11-25-2007, 09:44 AM
A win is a win. The Celtics are playing great ball right now.

Tippecanoe
11-25-2007, 11:30 AM
now on the tube :fro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yVpcX-mhmk

Walter Craparita
11-25-2007, 11:38 AM
I hope they make it. Even if is Spurs/Celtics it still worth watching.

Duncan KG
Bowen Allen
Manu Pierce

:hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

Tippecanoe
11-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Duncan KG
Bowen Allen
Manu Pierce

Parker Rondo :depressed

dont matter. we'll still kick your ass

Armando
11-25-2007, 02:29 PM
Is all about perception. If Ray had hit that buzzer beater against the Spurs or Suns everybody would have called it a great win for the Celts. A win is win no matter who the opponent is. Besides you are not going to win every game by a blowout.

1Parker1
11-25-2007, 02:38 PM
:lol Awww, that's so sad. The Bobcats were celebrating like they just one a playoff series after the Pierce miss! This is a young team, but I must say over the past couple of years...they've made it a habbit of winning games or at least keeping it close against the top tiered teams: Mavs, Spurs, etc.

Armando
11-25-2007, 03:13 PM
You know alot has been made of the minutes for the Big 3 in Boston. But has anyone notice that LeBron James is playing 41 minutes per game. James more so then Garnett,Pierce and Allen is prone to burning out since he is really a one man team.

himat
11-25-2007, 03:17 PM
You know alot has been made of the minutes for the Big 3 in Boston. But has anyone notice that LeBron James is playing 41 minutes per game. James more so then Garnett,Pierce and Allen is prone to burning out since he is really a one man team.

LeBron is not as injury prone though.

Armando
11-25-2007, 03:22 PM

Maybe but I still can't see how Detroit lost to this team. They really are awful.

ShoogarBear
11-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Parker Rondo :depressed

dont matter. we'll still kick your assManu Eddie House

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Armando
11-25-2007, 05:12 PM

True but LeBron has to give a superman effort every game for them to have a chance to win. At least with the Celtics if Allen is having a off night you can always go to Pierce and KG. If LeBron is having a bad game that means a blowout loss for the Cavs. Plus I think people overrate them. If you look at thier playoff run they had a red carpet path to the Finals.

Wizards- No Arenas or Butler

Nets- Crappy team

Pistons- They imploded in the East finals

1Parker1
11-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Maybe but I still can't see how Detroit lost to this team. They really are awful.

:lol They are a really bad team. I think it helped that they got the Wizards without Arenas and the regular choking Nets in the first two rounds. I think they also managed to catch the Pistons at a really good time because from the accounts that I read at the time, Pistons were going through some chemistry issues by the time they reached the Eastern Conference Finals last year.....mainly between the players (*Ahem Rasheed) and Flip Saunders.

Add to it that Lebron got hot at exactly the right time against the Pistons really helped. They guy is an absolute beast...he just got a triple double tonight and is the sole reason why the Cavs are even on the map. IMO, he has 10 times a worst supporting cast than Kobe and Wade....at least those guys have decent coaching. The fact that Lebron is literally putting that sorry Cavs team on his shoulders says a lot I think.

Amarelooms
11-26-2007, 12:56 AM
Why did they inbound the ball at the Celtics basket? THROW THE FUCKING BALL DOWN THE COURT..WHO CARES IF ITS A TURNOVER.....who is their coach...is he a MORON???????????

ShoogarBear
11-26-2007, 01:01 AM
Even worse, the Bobcats had a 20-second timeout left, and could have advanced the ball to halfcourt.

Yuixafun
11-26-2007, 05:22 PM
The Celtics don't have a low post presence when it comes to down to it.

Garnett would rather shoot the jumpshot then bang in the low post.

He's done it his whole career he isn't going to change now. He has girly legs.

Tim Duncan > KG all day.

It's always been Dominance vs Versatility.

So props to the Celtics for being pertinent again. In the east.

But the Spurs aren't worried about the Celtics and neither am I.

The_Game
11-26-2007, 05:36 PM
You sound It......

fact is KG can play in the post. His game is so well rounded that he does everything else very well.

Tim may just turn it on in the playoffs like always but there comes a time when he declines and it looks like it's starting. think this may be the year KG overtakes duncan as the best PF. if it means that then celtics will be looking like the next champs.

time will tell and duncan may well do what he always does and produces in the post season and leads the spurs to the repeat.....

Yuixafun
11-28-2007, 07:47 PM
There is a reason Tim Duncan is sporting 4 championship rings while Garnett has only led a team past the first round of the playoffs once.

KG hasn't even been in the playoffs in the past 2 years.

Can you imagine a (healthy) Tim Dunan led ever missing the playoffs?

They both have the ability to play in the post but they approach it in different ways. Duncan can dominate, KG is all around.

Tim Duncan will bang, bully and be a dominant presence in the paint. When it's time to go get it, Tim Duncan more often then not will put the team on his back... although with the emergence of Manu and Tp offensively TD doesn't have to do as much. But his mere PRESENCE opens up the floor. He's a post player with an outside game.

Now Kg.. I respect his fire, but he's not on Duncan's level. Don't be misled by empty stats. Garnett dissapears during crunch time. He will either defer to teammates or do a turnaround jumpshot 18 feet away from the basket. Yes, it's good to be unselfish, but I want my superstar to have the ability to takeover the game and win it for me. Kg has never had it. I doubt he will discover it after a decade in the league.

Tim Duncan is the best PF of all time.

Garnett is an illustrious footnote.