PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on ABC's play by play crew?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
12-26-2004, 01:58 PM
i really wasnt a fan of al michaels, i just cant take him serious as a basketball announcer, i like hubie though, he brings alot of inciteful points to the game.

Dex
12-26-2004, 02:02 PM
I hated Hubie when he broadcast a couple years ago, but I think he did a pretty good job through the bulk of yesterday's broadcast. As you already stated, it's kind of interesting to see how a REAL coach's mind ticks over the tinkerings of the game.

They'll be covering a Spurs game coming up (against the Nuggets) so we will probably get to see more of ABC's duo so0n.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
12-26-2004, 02:06 PM
I would really love to see Bob costas do play by play for abc, i doubt it will ever happen, i just thought he was pretty good

GoSpurs21
12-26-2004, 02:47 PM
way better then listening to tom tolbert talk about his pathetic career for hours on end on BSPN. Hey Tom who the f cares what happened to you when you played? I cant believe the brass at BSPN actually believes this guys is competent to open his mouth. I must have turned the channel at least 10 times during the indy/detroit game just because Tolberts voice was like constant naggie in my ears. It really ruined the experience of watching that game

pjjrfan
12-26-2004, 03:27 PM
Hubie's the best. The guy can break it down like no else, and it's all about Basketball with him. He did that hi-light on how the Laker defense wasn't able to stop Wade and his penetrations, the guy can see the game real good, and better yet he can communicate it to the audience so that you can see right away what he is talking about.

T Park
12-26-2004, 07:17 PM
Walton Tolbert and Nessler were the best.

Walton and Tolbert's commentary was hilarious

"full arousal mode"

"Hot apple cider'

classic stuff lol.

iminlakerland
12-26-2004, 07:19 PM
I think Tom Tolbert sucked...

I loved hubie's commentary yesterday. He is a wonderful addition and im glad they have somebody on there that understands the game inside and out. He is a breath of fresh air.

Jimcs50
12-26-2004, 07:24 PM
I love Hubie, always have...he is the best color guy around.

Mark in Austin
12-26-2004, 09:17 PM
Al Michaels should stick to football, and the occasional once-in-a-lifetime hockey call. When it comes to basketball, he might be slightly more exciting than Ben Stein.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
12-26-2004, 09:28 PM
especially his play by play analyst of the pre game hand shake

IcemanCometh
12-26-2004, 09:44 PM
figures tpark would like walton and tolbert

SequSpur
12-26-2004, 09:46 PM
The only announcer that I don't like is Doug Collins. I wish that mofo would stfu.

Tek_XX
12-27-2004, 12:02 AM
Disney should axe both Doug Collins and Tim Benchwarmer legler, they're both know-it-all pieces of crap. Hubie is about as best as commentors come these days, he explains things without the attempted humor. Tolbert i don't mind as long as he stops equating everything with his illustorious career(exactly when did he play). Walton should just stop with the exagerating comments already.