PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James Considering Quitting Basketball To Join the Cast of SNL

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-25-2007, 09:58 PM
LeBron James Considering Quitting Basketball, Joining Cast Of SNL
November 22, 2007

NEW YORK—Following a recent game in New York, Cleveland Cavaliers forward and league MVP LeBron James confessed his desire to quit basketball and pursue a career as a cast member of Saturday Night Live.

"As a kid, I was just so inspired by unbelievable performances from guys like Chris Kattan and Cheri Oteri," said James as he went into a diatribe on what makes Mango "as classic as The Festrunk Brothers," the Steve Martin and Dan Akroyd routine better known as "Two Wild and Crazy Guys." "When I hosted earlier this season, I could see the current Weekend Update team of Seth [Myers] and Amy [Poehler] could definitely use some help, and the least I could do is punch it up with a few characters and commentaries I've been working on. Plus, they need someone to play Obama."

James later admitted that during away games to Chicago, he has been one of dozens of athletes secretly taking improvisation and sketch-writing classes at The Second City.

Link (http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/lebron_james_considering)

Armando
11-25-2007, 10:01 PM
You had me going there until I clicked on the link.

jman3000
11-25-2007, 10:02 PM
You had me going there until I clicked on the link.
:wtf

:lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-25-2007, 10:40 PM
Should have been a clue when it said "unbelievable performance" and "Chris Kattan" in the same sentence.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Should have been a clue when it said "unbelievable performance" and "Chris Kattan" in the same sentence.
:lol I don't know man. He was pretty awesome in Undercover Brother and Night at the Roxbury.

Kriz-Maxima
11-25-2007, 10:59 PM
I cant help but laugh every time i see this one

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/tim_duncan_staring_at_wall

Got to love Timmy.

E20
11-25-2007, 11:11 PM
This has nothing to do with this, but I was just thinking before I went to sleep about Lebron and Kobe. Kobe can opt out next year out of his contract and Lebron 's contract is somehow finished and they both should decide to go to a team that will give them a championship. The Spurs next year will lose Brent Barry, Horry, Finley maybe done and Bruce will be a year older. So, Kobe and Lebron sign with the Spurs with a contract of 2 years 2 million dollars. Damn, Kobe and Lebron fill the SG and SF. :elephant

That's my pipe dream of the night. :smokin

ShoogarBear
11-25-2007, 11:18 PM
This has nothing to do with this, but I was just thinking before I went to sleep about Lebron and Kobe. Kobe can opt out next year out of his contract and Lebron 's contract is somehow finished and they both should decide to go to a team that will give them a championship. The Spurs next year will lose Brent Barry, Horry, Finley maybe done and Bruce will be a year older. So, Kobe and Lebron sign with the Spurs with a contract of 2 years 2 million dollars. Damn, Kobe and Lebron fill the SG and SF. :elephant

That's my pipe dream of the night. :smokinThe operative word being pipe.

ducks
11-25-2007, 11:26 PM
if he could make more he would

Strike
11-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Had me going until the line "League MVP Lebron James".

yourcheatinheart
11-26-2007, 06:11 PM
:lol I don't know man. He was pretty awesome in Undercover Brother and Night at the Roxbury.

don't forget the insta-classic Corky Romano...

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-26-2007, 07:29 PM
don't forget the insta-classic Corky Romano...
How stupid of me!
Add Corky Romano as well. :)