PDA

View Full Version : Sean Taylor shot; passed away RIP

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Breaking news @ CNN.com: Washington Redskins player Sean Taylor has been shot in the leg at his home in Miami, Florida, CNN affiliate WSVN reports.

Findog
11-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Why am I not surprised?

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-26-2007, 10:21 AM
MIAMI -- Sources say Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor is in extremely critical condition , after someone shot him at his home early this morning.

Before dawn Monday, Taylor, a former University of Miami football player, was shot in the leg, but bullet struck the femoral artery, and he has lost a lot of blood.

Circumstances surrounding the shooting haven't been released, but a source close to Taylor said he was in surgery at Jackson Memorial Hospital. Washington Safety Sean Taylor missed his second straight game with a sprained right knee.

The shooting occurred at his home at 18050 Old Cutler Road. Taylor is no stranger to trouble as he was involved in an incident when he was charged with assault and simple battery in July of 2005.

http://www1.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI68880/

Findog
11-26-2007, 10:22 AM
Man, that's rough. I hope he makes it. Terrible, awful news. Sounds like he was more of a target ala Antoine Walker, Eddy Curry, Dunta Robinson than a case of him getting into trouble.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-26-2007, 10:40 AM
Man, that's rough. I hope he makes it. Terrible, awful news. Sounds like he was more of a target ala Antoine Walker, Eddy Curry, Dunta Robinson than a case of him getting into trouble.

Yep.

POSTED 10:06 a.m. EST, November 26, 2007

SEAN TAYLOR "FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE"

Redskins safety Sean Taylor has been shot in Florida, a source with knowledge of the situation tells us. He is in critical condition at a Miami-area hospital and, per the source, is "fighting for his life".

Taylor spent Sunday night in his Florida home with his girlfriend and infant daughter. A robbery occurred, and Taylor was shot in the leg by one of the invaders.

The bullet severed his femoral artery. He currently is in surgery.

Taylor, the fifth overall pick in the 2005 draft, was in Florida to get a second opinion on an injured knee.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Taylor, his family, and the Redskins organization, and we hope that Taylor will make a full recovery.

samikeyp
11-26-2007, 10:40 AM
That sucks. I hope he will be ok.

Taco
11-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Breaking news @ CNN.com: Washington Redskins player Sean Taylor has been shot .

Dallas Cowboys, Keith Davis is still one up on him

TheTruth
11-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Wow, that really sucks. Hope he pulls through.

Thunder Dan
11-26-2007, 11:59 AM
how is it that 99% of America never gets shot and 70% (I'm guessing) don't get arrested, but he seems to have one or the other occur each year while you would think he would be busy playing football and partaking in the other activities that go along with playing in the NFL. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that Tom Brady will never be shot while he is at home, and he won't have guys try to beat him up for prior fights.

It's sad that it happened, but I'm not suprised. Hope he recovers and changes the people he hangs around and the situations he gets himself into

Findog
11-26-2007, 12:06 PM
how is it that 99% of America never gets shot and 70% (I'm guessing) don't get arrested, but he seems to have one or the other occur each year while you would think he would be busy playing football and partaking in the other activities that go along with playing in the NFL. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that Tom Brady will never be shot while he is at home, and he won't have guys try to beat him up for prior fights.

It's sad that it happened, but I'm not suprised. Just a bonehead getting into bonehead situations.

Or like Antoine Walker, Eddy Curry and Dunta Robinson, he probably should've invested in better home security.

Taco
11-26-2007, 12:15 PM
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/5408/imageak5.gif

WHAT THE HECK IS THAT IN YOUR AVATAR?

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-26-2007, 12:20 PM

It's sad that it happened, but I'm not suprised. Just a bonehead getting into bonehead situations.

BoneheadDynasty?

FromWayDowntown
11-26-2007, 12:55 PM
WHAT THE HECK IS THAT IN YOUR AVATAR?

Brownie Elf

http://thebrownsboard.com/thebrownsstore/Browns/brownie_elf.htm

FromWayDowntown
11-26-2007, 12:56 PM
Thoughts and prayers to Sean Taylor and his family. Scary stuff.

boutons_
11-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Washington Post is reporting "lower extremities", which agrees with severed femoral artery.

Some ho' shot him in the crotch?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/26/AR2007112600794.html?nav=hcmodule

Taco
11-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Thoughts and prayers to Sean Taylor and his family. Scary stuff.

I SECOND THAT

I THOUGHT "SHOT IN THE LEG" WOULDN'T BE THAT BAD BUT IT STUCK AN ARTERY

Thunder Dan
11-26-2007, 01:10 PM
I would just start hanging out with a different crowd if possible

Obstructed_View
11-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Maybe you shouldn't be a rich athlete and live in Miami or Chicago.

MoSpur
11-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Wow. I read that on ESPN and was shocked. Poor guy. I pray he makes it.

703 Spurz
11-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Will he return this season? :oops

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Sean Taylor 'Clinging To Life' (http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2007/11/sean_taylor_clinging_to_life.html#comments)

Kriz-Maxima
11-26-2007, 05:13 PM
I would just start hanging out with a different crowd if possible

I dont know the guy's activities but he was shot while at home in an robbery attemp. How from that can you make an assumption that would make you write such comment.

Until further info its released i think it would be nice to avoid making assumptions.

monosylab1k
11-26-2007, 05:58 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7490604?MSNHPHMA

Source: Taylor in coma after surgery

Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor has fallen into a coma following surgery for a life-threatening gunshot wound suffered early Monday morning at his South Miami home, FOXSports.com has learned.

Redskins officials are en route to South Florida to visit Taylor.
One source said there is a concern Taylor suffered brain damage from the loss of blood and may not survive.

"It doesn't look good," the source said. "But he's young, strong and extra healthy. That's what he's got going for him."

JMarkJohns
11-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Sad situation. I'll have to admit I entered with a "Thunder Dan" type of attitude this morning. However, the facts don't dictate anything could have been done on Taylor's part to avoid this, other than be poor.

Best wishes go out to he and his family. Hope he can make it through.

Thunder Dan
11-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Sad situation. I'll have to admit I entered with a "Thunder Dan" type of attitude this morning. However, the facts don't dictate anything could have been done on Taylor's part to avoid this, other than be poor.

Best wishes go out to he and his family. Hope he can make it through.

yeah I somewhat come off my stance because I was just assuming (can't do that). I mean I can see how when your raised with nothing then given millions how your life can be rough because of the people you know from back when you had nothing. I mean money doesn't change everything, and in certain cases (Vick and now this) money can create a giant problem when rotten people around you know that you have it. SI has an article in about this in this weeks edition.

Gerryatrics
11-27-2007, 06:32 AM
Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor has died, a day after he was shot in the leg, said family friend Richard Sharpstein.

He said Taylor's father called him around 5:30 a.m. to tell him the news.

"His father called and said he was with Christ and he cried and thanked me," said Sharpstein, Taylor's former lawyer. "It's a tremendously sad and unnecessary event. He was a wonderful, humble, talented young man, and had a huge life in front of him. Obviously God had other plans."

He said he did not know exactly when Taylor died.

Doctors had been encouraged late Monday night when Taylor squeezed a nurse's hand. But Sharpstein said he was told Taylor never regained consciousness after being transported to the hospital and that he wasn't sure how he had squeezed the nurse's hand.

"Maybe he was trying to say goodbye or something," Sharpstein said.

The 24-year-old Redskins safety was shot early Monday in his home in the upper leg, damaging an artery and causing significant blood loss.

Miami-Dade Police were investigating the attack, which came just eight days after an intruder was reported at Taylor's home. Officers were dispatched about 1:45 a.m. Monday after Taylor's girlfriend called 911. Taylor was airlifted to the hospital.

Sharpstein said Taylor's girlfriend told him the couple was awakened by loud noises, and Taylor grabbed a machete he keeps in the bedroom for protection. Someone then broke through the bedroom door and fired two shots, one missing and one hitting Taylor, Sharpstein said. Taylor's 1-year-old daughter, Jackie, was also in the house at the time, but neither she nor Taylor's girlfriend were injured.

"It could have been a possible burglary; it could have been a possible robbery," Miami-Dade Police Lt. Nancy Perez said. "It has not been confirmed as yet."

Taylor was shot at the pale yellow house he bought two years ago in the Miami suburb of Palmetto Bay. Taylor played at the University of Miami, where he was an All-American in 2003, and was also a high school standout in the city. His father, Pedro Taylor, is the police chief of Florida City.

:depressed

Kori Ellis
11-27-2007, 06:37 AM
:(

timvp
11-27-2007, 06:49 AM
Man, that sucks. He was always fun to watch play.

At least he went out protecting his wife and kid. :tu

R.I.P.

JoeChalupa
11-27-2007, 07:27 AM
Sad News.

samikeyp
11-27-2007, 07:51 AM
No rivalry today, just sadness. Despite the on the field rivalry, I have much respect for the Redskins organization especially after how gracious they were when Tom Landry passed and one of my oldest and closest friends now works in their front office. For him, the coaches and players and for Sean Taylor's family I am very sad. It's always terrible when someone so young and talented passes way too early.

sa_butta
11-27-2007, 08:07 AM
very sad news.
God Bless his family and teamates.

Jimcs50
11-27-2007, 08:23 AM

It's sad that it happened, but I'm not suprised. Hope he recovers and changes the people he hangs around and the situations he gets himself into

What an asshole.

Jimcs50
11-27-2007, 08:23 AM
:depressed

RIP

Jimcs50
11-27-2007, 08:31 AM
First Shawn Springs dad dies, now this. The Redskins secondary and team has had a tough time of it this year. I am very depressed, Sean was a great great player, and our only all pro.

to21
11-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Yeah, way to jump to conclusions on him getting shot because he was doing something he wasn't supposed to.

24 is way too young to die.....RIP.

FromWayDowntown
11-27-2007, 08:57 AM
First Shawn Springs dad dies, now this. The Redskins secondary and team has had a tough time of it this year. I am very depressed, Sean was a great great player, and our only all pro.

I can't find anything to say that Ron Springs is dead.

As for Sean Taylor, I'm in absolute shock. I root strongly for guys who are turning their lives around and doing the right things; it sounds as if Sean Taylor was doing that. It's just incredibly stunning to hear of such a young, strong, vibrant man having his life taken senselessly like this. Football aside, any loss of a 20-something is a tragedy.

batman2883
11-27-2007, 09:04 AM
oh man, this is truly a tragedy, I hate the redskins, especially cause im a die hard cowboys fan, but Sean Taylor was real exciting to watch, he was a heavy hitter like roy. I had much respect for this guy, hope his family will do well in his abscence....his poor little girl was only 1 :(

bigzak25
11-27-2007, 09:06 AM
rest in peace sean.

Thunder Dan
11-27-2007, 09:25 AM
What an asshole.

why because I said what just about everyone else thought when they heard what happned? I mean it very sad it happened and that he died, I mean he was a year older than I was so it's really awakening, but I think that who these guys hang around have alot to do with the trouble they get themselves into. I'm not just talking about this case, it's the gun charges and other problems he got himself into prior to this happening.

monosylab1k
11-27-2007, 09:34 AM
incredibly sad. i always liked sean taylor. he was roy williams with coverage skills. i hope they catch the motherfuckers that did it.

703 Spurz
11-27-2007, 09:40 AM
I was shocked when I read this morning that he passed away. And for what? Because some asshole wanted to steal stuff from the house?

I really hope he's in a better place right now b/c that's gotta be one of the worst ways to die. Not that any death is sensible but this was totally unneccesary

Thunder Dan
11-27-2007, 09:43 AM
I read that they cut his phone lines, so they were in there for something

703 Spurz
11-27-2007, 09:59 AM
I read that they cut his phone lines, so they were in there for something

Most people use their cell phones for home calls though. Fucking asshole criminals, I hope they find who did this

tlongII
11-27-2007, 10:02 AM
That sucks. Sean Taylor was a crazy mofo, but he was a great player. The Redskins will miss him.

MoSpur
11-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Its very sad. I pray that God comforts his family.

Jimcs50
11-27-2007, 10:38 AM
why because I said what just about everyone else thought when they heard what happned? I mean it very sad it happened and that he died, I mean he was a year older than I was so it's really awakening, but I think that who these guys hang around have alot to do with the trouble they get themselves into. I'm not just talking about this case, it's the gun charges and other problems he got himself into prior to this happening.

You're still an asshole, I can tell, believe me.

You use a tragedy and turn it around in your own warped mind, to say that a upstanding white player(Tom Brady) would never get shot in his own home, because he would never associate himself with the scum type of people who perpetrate such acts. We do not know that this person knew Sean, we do not know that Sean deserved this because he had friends that would kill him for money, do we? Yet, you just assume that he got what he deserved, because he had some previous problems with the law.

I take it back, you are not an asshole, you are an inhumane prick.

monosylab1k
11-27-2007, 10:41 AM
are we really gonna make a racial issue out of this? leave the "upstanding white player" bullshit out of this thread.

it's a tragedy and horrible. Taylor had a checkered past but none of that matters now.

johnsmith
11-27-2007, 10:44 AM

You use a tragedy and turn it around in your own warped mind, to say that a upstanding white player(Tom Brady) would never get shot in his own home, because he would never associate himself with the scum type of people who perpetrate such acts. We do not know that this person knew Sean, we do not know that Sean deserved this because he had friends that would kill him for money, do we? Yet, you just assume that he got what he deserved, because he had some previous problems with the law.

STFU you whiny bitch.

If we all got sad right away when a pro athlete was shot or stabbed, we'd be depressed all the time. Thunder Dan obviously didn't understand the severity of what had occurred. But hey, at least you get to be the internet emotion police.

Fuck, for a bunch of anoynomous human beings, you sure are fucking sensitive.

johnsmith
11-27-2007, 10:45 AM
are we really gonna make a racial issue out of this? leave the "upstanding white player" bullshit out of this thread.

it's a tragedy and horrible. Taylor had a checkered past but none of that matters now.

No shit. And go figure, a 40 something year old, white, wealthy dentist is the first to bring it up.

tlongII
11-27-2007, 10:49 AM
No shit. And go figure, a 40 something year old, white, wealthy dentist is the first to bring it up.

I think you're underestimating his age a little bit! :lol

Thunder Dan
11-27-2007, 10:53 AM

What I was trying to say is that these players grow up with little wealth whatsoever(which is true in the case of Taylor). His friends and people within his community still have nothing. It's easy to get into trouble when those people don't have shit to lose and nothing to live for. Sean Taylor was a walking gold mine for those people. They don't think about the consequences for what Sean would have to deal with, they think about themselves and how they can better themselves. Mabye he was turning the corner, but the people that knew him before were still struggling.

It's the facts of life, and if you want to call me an asshole for stating the obvious then sobeit. Read this week's SI, the article is called "Ghetto Loyalty" it talks about the problems Vick had and how bad shit happends to people that hang out with the wrong crowd. It's not about race, it's about upbrinings. There are plenty of African American players that don't get into trouble.

degenerate_gambler
11-27-2007, 10:53 AM
There's a lot more to this story. This wasn't just a random home invasion. Maybe the kid had turned his life around, who knows? But this reeks of a payback or something.

And shot in the 'leg' or 'groin' is a nice way of saying they blew they guy's balls off.

samikeyp
11-27-2007, 10:54 AM

Amen.

Is this debate really neccessary especially right now?

I am pretty sure that Dan was not trying to be an asshole and I know that Jimbo is passionate about his team.

Why don't we concentrate on the matter at hand? A young man was taken way too early and a little girl has lost her father one month before Christmas.

Thunder Dan
11-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Why don't we concentrate on the matter at hand? A young man was taken way too early and a little girl has lost her father one month before Christmas.

yeah it's not like I'm sitting here high fiving people that a guy about my age just got murdered

johnsmith
11-27-2007, 11:01 AM
yeah it's not like I'm sitting here high fiving people that a guy about my age just got murdered

Well, Jim is a crotchety old man that likes to complain about "kid's these days".

Jimcs50
11-27-2007, 11:02 AM

Fuck you! I was not the one that brought up the Tom Brady issue. Dan was an being an asshole for his statement and I am sure he will be the first to admit it now that he thinks about it. I did not read his post til after I learned about Sean's death, so it really pissed me off....I do bot need to explain myself to you anyway....so just STFU.

johnsmith
11-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Fuck you! I was not the one that brought up the Tom Brady issue. Dan was an being an asshole for his statement and I am sure he will be the first to admit it now that he thinks about it. I did not read his post til after I learned about Sean's death, so it really pissed me off....I do bot need to explain myself to you anyway....so just STFU.

Actually, he admitted before you ever came on here and became the emotion police.

Don't practice dentistry angry Jim, calm down. I'd hate for some poor kid to have an unnecessary tooth pulling.

Thunder Dan
11-27-2007, 11:08 AM

Alright, sorry for using a white player. I bet Braylon Edwards, Jason Taylor, Shawn Springs, Dwight Howard, Lebron James, Derek Jeter, or Shaq would get arrested for pulling a gun on someone and assault. Sorry Tom Brady was the first to come to mind. I was just saying what everyone else probably thought. I bet nobody would be shocked is Starbury foundhimself in a situation like this... that's what I'm saying. I'm not happy it happened, I mean he has a little girl, but I am in no way suprised it happened. Chill out

Jimcs50
11-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Alright, sorry for using a white player. I bet Braylon Edwards, Jason Taylor, Shawn Springs, Dwight Howard, Lebron James, Derek Jeter, or Shaq would get arrested for pulling a gun on someone and assault. Sorry Tom Brady was the first to come to mind. I was just saying what everyone else probably thought. I bet nobody would be shocked is Starbury foundhimself in a situation like this... that's what I'm saying. I'm not happy it happened, I mean he has a little girl, but I am in no way suprised it happened. Chill out

I am chilled out. I am sickened about Sean's all too early passing and when I read your post, I was incredulous..I over reacted, but the more that I read it, the angier I got.

Jimcs50
11-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Hpw would you have felt if it had been TD who got killed and some idiot came in here and said that since he was black, he probably had friends that did it and so on and so forth.

I really loved Sean's play on my team and will miss having him in the secondary....he was great to watch, he played the way you should play.....I am really depressed by this waste of young life and talent.

Thunder Dan
11-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Hpw would you have felt if it had been TD who got killed and some idiot came in here and said that since he was black, he probably had friends that did it and so on and so forth.

I really loved Sean's play on my team and will miss having him in the secondary....he was great to watch, he played the way you should play.....I am really depressed by this waste of young life and talent.

Sorry but TD never pulled a gun on someone and got arrested for assault. I find it hard to believe that out of all the houses this guy could have broken into he broke into Sean Taylor's. It's hard to believe it's just a random event when it was the 2nd time it has been broken into this week, and this time the phone lines were cut. I'm not a robber so I might be wrong, but if I were just picking random houses, I wouldn't break in, leave, then come back and this time cut the phone lines. I don't think it takes the CSI Miami team to figure out that this isn't just some random thing that happened.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-27-2007, 11:28 AM
incredibly sad. i always liked sean taylor. he was roy williams with coverage skills. i hope they catch the motherfuckers that did it.

That's why I liked Taylor, too.

Jimcs50
11-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Sorry but TD never pulled a gun on someone and got arrested for assault. I find it hard to believe that out of all the houses this guy could have broken into he broke into Sean Taylor's. It's hard to believe it's just a random event when it was the 2nd time it has been broken into this week, and this time the phone lines were cut. I'm not a robber so I might be wrong, but if I were just picking random houses, I wouldn't break in, leave, then come back and this time cut the phone lines. I don't think it takes the CSI Miami team to figure out that this isn't just some random thing that happened.

I am sure they knew that Sean lived there and I do not believe the whole phone line story anyway. Everyone has cell phones, so that is preposterous. What are you saying??? So they wanted to break into Sean's home, what does that mean? Are you still saying that he got what he deserved? It sure sounds like you are trying to justify your first post.

Vinnie_Johnson
11-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Really sad feel really bad for his family. I hope they catch the SOB who shot him.

Extra Stout
11-27-2007, 11:33 AM
I would say that it is very likely that Taylor's murderer knew him.

timvp
11-27-2007, 11:34 AM
i hope they catch the motherfuckers that did it.Good luck with that. This will most likely become another "unsolved crime".

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-27-2007, 11:37 AM
As Kissing Suzy Kolber put it: Requiem for a bad ass motherfucker. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj0rEv6Gfk8)

Thunder Dan
11-27-2007, 11:39 AM
I am sure they knew that Sean lived there and I do not believe the whole phone line story anyway. Everyone has cell phones, so that is preposterous. What are you saying??? So they wanted to break into Sean's home, what does that mean? Are you still saying that he got what he deserved? It sure sounds like you are trying to justify your first post.

I'm dropping it. If you actually think I'm happy he died, you are out of your mind. Nobody "get's what they deserve" by being shot to death. The only point I tried to make was that when you hang around with the rough crowd, bad things are bound to happen. I think everyone agrees with that. The people that bring these players down are the people that have nothing to lose that know them. But I'm dropping it, if you don't want to agree to my point than that's fine, if you want to think I'm some devilish Klansman that is happy a 24 year old guy with a little girl was shot, then I guess you can think that too, you can think whatever you want.

2centsworth
11-27-2007, 11:47 AM
I've been a huge Sean Taylor fan since his days at Miami. It sucks and my heart goes out to his family. R.I.P.

SAtown
11-27-2007, 11:50 AM
Rip

degenerate_gambler
11-27-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm dropping it. If you actually think I'm happy he died, you are out of your mind. Nobody "get's what they deserve" by being shot to death. The only point I tried to make was that when you hang around with the rough crowd, bad things are bound to happen. I think everyone agrees with that. The people that bring these players down are the people that have nothing to lose that know them. But I'm dropping it, if you don't want to agree to my point than that's fine, if you want to think I'm some devilish Klansman that is happy a 24 year old guy with a little girl was shot, then I guess you can think that too, you can think whatever you want.

To hell with that whiny wuss. He's a deadskin fan and nothing you say is going to matter. Move on.

Sean Taylor is taking a dirt nap and the deadskins aren't making the playoffs again so he's sad...

mardigan
11-27-2007, 11:57 AM
So sad.
Rip

K-State Spur
11-27-2007, 12:25 PM

Not to condone Taylor's actions with the gun, but none of the guys you mentioned there (or Brady) have walked a mile in his shoes.

Taylor grew up in one of the worst neighborhoods in the country. Some of those guys you mentioned were suburbanites, Shaq grew up in the military, etc.

T-Pain
11-27-2007, 12:27 PM
that is terrible news. RIP sean. Football lost a great superstar

Bigzax
11-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Sean Taylor is taking a dirt nap and the deadskins aren't making the playoffs again...

do you remember the skins record in 04?

didn't think so.

do you remember the eagles losing to the pats?

good luck with your silver ribbon!

Fillmoe
11-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Good luck with that. This will most likely become another "unsolved crime".

YUP!

this is some sad shit man.... he was one of my favorite players... been a sean taylor fan since he was playing for The U

Bigzax
11-27-2007, 12:51 PM
he had a machete but not a piece?!

damn it, you never bring a knife to a gunfight.

if i was rich as fuck, you damn sure i'd have a gun on the ready for home protection.

Flo-Rida
11-27-2007, 12:54 PM
YUP!

this is some sad shit man.... he was one of my favorite players... been a Sean Taylor fan since he was playing for The U
yup one of mine as well all i know is that heaven got a hell of a safety so rest in peace sean
1983-2007

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/chrisneo/l_9bbfc66976ddd46abfd2bc614637150c.jpg

Thunder Dan
11-27-2007, 12:55 PM
Not to condone Taylor's actions with the gun, but none of the guys you mentioned there (or Brady) have walked a mile in his shoes.

Taylor grew up in one of the worst neighborhoods in the country. Some of those guys you mentioned were suburbanites, Shaq grew up in the military, etc.

FYI Lebron grew up in a neighborhood that has the 2nd highest crime rate in all of Ohio after Glenville where Ted Ginn, Troy Smith, and Donte Whitner are from. Mabye not as bad a Taylor's, but he is from a rough neighborhood. But I take your point

samikeyp
11-27-2007, 01:11 PM
Sean Taylor is taking a dirt nap and the deadskins aren't making the playoffs again so he's sad...

Too bad you and Taylor couldn't switch places.

Gino20
11-27-2007, 01:33 PM
This is horrible news. My thoughts and prayers go to him and his family. May he R.I.P. :(

J.T.
11-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Shitty day for the NFL and Taylor's family. My great grandmother passed the day before Thanksgiving, so I can vaguely relate. Sucks that he had such a great future ahead of him and died so young.

BeerIsGood!
11-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Damn, this just rose up all of a sudden. As a person who has defended his home in a night time home invasion I understand how damn scary it is and how the difference between being alive and dead can hinge on such minute details as the protection immediately available and training in handling these types of attacks. Hopefully he was smart with his money and his wife and kid will at least have the means available to carry on without financial worries. Such unnecessary violence.

SpursFanFirst
11-27-2007, 01:42 PM
This is a very sad and unfortunate story. Just a few hours ago, there was positive news.
From what I've read, it sounds as though he'd turned his life around since the birth of his child. It's too bad he didn't have a chance to fully live up to his potential as a father and teammate.

JT - I'm very sorry to hear about your great grandmother.

MoSpur
11-27-2007, 02:03 PM
As Kissing Suzy Kolber put it: Requiem for a bad ass motherfucker. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj0rEv6Gfk8)

Awesome video.

I wish Roy Williams had half of Taylor's deep coverage knowledge.

tlongII
11-27-2007, 02:09 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/071127

Sean Taylor's death wasn't random.

Maybe it was, but it wasn't.

As the details emerge about the circumstances surrounding Taylor's death and Miami police hunt for the person responsible for claiming a vibrant life, this much already is true: The grim, horrible statistic won again.

The leading cause of death for black men 15 to 24 is homicide. Taylor, who died from a gunshot wound early Tuesday in connection with an apparent robbery at his home, was 24.

For the second time this year, an NFL player -- a young, black male -- has been murdered. Tragedy struck on the first day of 2007 when Darrent Williams, a Denver Broncos defensive back, was shot to death during a drive-by near a Denver nightclub after attending the birthday party for Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin.

Denver police believe the shooting was linked to an altercation involving people who were with Williams that day. He wasn't involved in the altercation. Not that the bullet cared. He was 24 when he died, too.

Their fame and wealth and playing for respected professional sports franchises didn't protect Williams and Taylor from an epidemic more lethal and closer than any war overseas, or any boogeyman terrorist we can unearth or create.

Violence in America has laid a special claim on young, black men. When it made its way to Taylor's exclusive suburban Miami neighborhood, it didn't care that Taylor was engaged, the father of an 18-month-old daughter, the son of a police chief, a trusted teammate, the fifth overall pick in the 2004 draft, a hard-hitting safety who teammates nicknamed "Meast" (half-man, half-beast), a Pro Bowler, the Redskins' leading tackler last season. Or that a plaque honoring him for a generous, monetary donation rests in the cafeteria at his former high school, Gulliver Preparatory.

"It sounded like things were getting better," a still-dazed Steve Howey, Taylor's high school coach, said early Tuesday morning. "To find out he'd died this morning, it just knocked the wind out of me."

Howey, now the football coach and athletic director at St. John Neumann High School in Naples, Fla., won a state title with Taylor in 2000 -- the defensive back's senior year. This is the first football player he's ever lost to violence.

"You hear about stuff like this from time to time," Howey said. "It's never been this close."

Perhaps the most pertinent question is, how much closer does it have to get before we realize these unfortunate incidents are reflective of an enormous crisis that requires our immediate attention and action?

A New York Times article reported the homicide rate among young, black men in America was seven times higher than any foreign country studied.

That article was published in 1990.

Why has nothing changed?

Studies conducted in 2006 at Columbia, Princeton, Harvard and other institutions concluded a black man is more than six times as likely to be murdered than a white man.

This isn't to say Taylor was killed because he was black. This is to say that, because he was black, Taylor was more likely to be killed. The weight of that should be just as jarring as waking up and discovering an NFL player died from a gunshot wound. Please don't roll your eyes, release a frustrated breath, and trivialize this as "playing the race card."

This is an American problem, not just a racial one. The fact that it has spilled into the sports world should indicate just how serious it is.

As unfortunate as Taylor's death is, as representative as it is of a much more substantive issue, the saddest part is his passing may never be put in its proper perspective.

Although study after study shows black men are more likely to be victims of crime, rarely do they receive victim treatment. When black athletes are crime victims, the undertone seems to be they somehow were at fault. Eddy Curry, Antoine Walker and Bucs cornerback Phillip Buchanon all have been victims of home invasions that seem as orchestrated as the one that claimed Taylor's life. In March of 2006, Buchanon was stripped naked and tied up by seven men in ski masks who robbed him and jammed a gun in his mouth. This past July, Curry and his family were bound by duct tape as men robbed him at gunpoint in his suburban Chicago home. The Pistons' Flip Murray narrowly escaped the same fate, slamming the door on two gunmen on his porch before he called police. Yet we seem to think it's much more likely a black athlete is holding the gun instead of staring down the barrel of one.

By now, everyone is well aware of Taylor's past brushes with the law. They should be equally aware that those who knew him best thought he had distanced himself from those troubles; he was someone who had overcome the growing pains associated with being a professional athlete given unimaginable wealth at a young age. No matter what, Taylor's past doesn't in any way justify him meeting this tragic present.

We should, of course, remember Taylor with a heavy heart. But it's even more important that we remember there are thousands just like him in communities within walking and easy driving distance. And they shouldn't have to wear a NFL uniform for us to care about them.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Here's hoping those at the Gates weren't tossing a football around this morning.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Or practicing fake punts. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=lHQH8TuWJWo)

SpursFanFirst
11-27-2007, 02:38 PM

:lol That is one wicked hit!!!

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-27-2007, 02:42 PM
:lol That is one wicked hit!!!

You know what I remember most about that play?

Moorman got up, found Taylor and gave him props for the hit. You gotta respect a guy that played his ass off and earned the respect of his peers.

monosylab1k
11-27-2007, 02:48 PM
I always thought that hit was kind of a bitch move because 1)it was a punter, and 2) it was the Pro Bowl.....but at the same time you've gotta give him props because he always played balls-out, even in an exhibition. He will definitely be missed by everyone who loves football the way it's meant to be played.

JamStone
11-27-2007, 03:15 PM
I've read most of the thread and despite the expected name-calling and bitch arguing, there are some good discussion points here. Here are a few of my thoughts:

-Glorified in death as a good man or good teammate or a guy turning it around is expected, and I think it's fair that he was a good man and good teammate and a guy turning his life around to "some" people. And, it's most important to his family and friends and those close to him whether he was a good man or husband, father, friend, teammate than it will be for fans or media or anyone else that didn't know him personally. I think everyone should understand when someone in the public eye dies, the good things about that person will be most predominantly mentioned.

-His history definitely would lead some to assume that this wasn't a random death by a random criminal. I don't think it means it couldn't be random, but I don't think it's wrong to assume there's more behind the story than some random crime.

-Plenty of people grow up poor and/or in very tough, crime-ridden neighborhoods. That doesn't mean they can escape that life even if they want to. Some inferences in this thread make it seem like Taylor should have disassociated himself from certain people or should have stopped hanging around a certain crowd. The other problem with that when a pro athlete or any celebrity with money tries to do that is that he/she becomes a "sellout" in the eyes of some AND still remains a target for other reasons, including selling out. Some pro athletes might run into trouble hanging out with the wrong people. Other pro athletes might get into trouble because they stopped hanging out with the wrong people. Crime happens no matter who you are, where you grew up, what you do for a living, and how much money you make. I'm sure there are different degrees of probability into getting in trouble like this when you carry weapons, do drugs, fund illegal dog fighting rings, get into gambling with the mafia, and so forth. But, that doesn't preclude a pro athlete who walks the straight line finding himself in similar trouble. And, until the whole truth is found out, you cannot simply suggest that had Sean Taylor not hung out with the wrong crowd, this wouldn't have happened.

-I read earlier in this thread someone post the "Redskins will miss him." I don't think it was the intent of the poster to mean it a certain way, but for me, I would be less concerned about the Redskins (including his teammates that were close to him) or Redskins fans than I would be for his family and those people that are close to him. I'm sure they will miss him more than the Redskins organization.

-I don't think we need to put Sean Taylor up on a pedestal saying he was turning his life around or that he was a good man in order to mourn his death or glorify his life. No one is perfect and Sean Taylor definitely was not. But, we can do it tactfully and respectfully acknowledging he had his problems, including problems with the law, and yet his death is still tragic and mournful and his life was still valuable beyond that of a pro football player, especially to those who loved him.

R.I.P.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-27-2007, 03:19 PM
I've read most of the thread and despite the expected name-calling and bitch arguing, there are some good discussion points here. Here are a few of my thoughts:

-Glorified in death as a good man or good teammate or a guy turning it around is expected, and I think it's fair that he was a good man and good teammate and a guy turning his life around to "some" people. And, it's most important to his family and friends and those close to him whether he was a good man or husband, father, friend, teammate than it will be for fans or media or anyone else that didn't know him personally. I think everyone should understand when someone in the public eye dies, the good things about that person will be most predominantly mentioned.

-His history definitely would lead some to assume that this wasn't a random death by a random criminal. I don't think it means it couldn't be random, but I don't think it's wrong to assume there's more behind the story than some random crime.

-Plenty of people grow up poor and/or in very tough, crime-ridden neighborhoods. That doesn't mean they can escape that life even if they want to. Some inferences in this thread make it seem like Taylor should have disassociated himself from certain people or should have stopped hanging around a certain crowd. The other problem with that when a pro athlete or any celebrity with money tries to do that is that he/she becomes a "sellout" in the eyes of some AND still remains a target for other reasons, including selling out. Some pro athletes might run into trouble hanging out with the wrong people. Other pro athletes might get into trouble because they stopped hanging out with the wrong people. Crime happens no matter who you are, where you grew up, what you do for a living, and how much money you make. I'm sure there are different degrees of probability into getting in trouble like this when you carry weapons, do drugs, fund illegal dog fighting rings, get into gambling with the mafia, and so forth. But, that doesn't preclude a pro athlete who walks the straight line finding himself in similar trouble. And, until the whole truth is found out, you cannot simply suggest that had Sean Taylor not hung out with the wrong crowd, this wouldn't have happened.

-I read earlier in this thread someone post the "Redskins will miss him." I don't think it was the intent of the poster to mean it a certain way, but for me, I would be less concerned about the Redskins (including his teammates that were close to him) or Redskins fans than I would be for his family and those people that are close to him. I'm sure they will miss him more than the Redskins organization.

-I don't think we need to put Sean Taylor up on a pedestal saying he was turning his life around or that he was a good man in order to mourn his death or glorify his life. No one is perfect and Sean Taylor definitely was not. But, we can do it tactfully and respectfully acknowledging he had his problems, including problems with the law, and yet his death is still tragic and mournful and his life was still valuable beyond that of a pro football player, especially to those who loved him.

R.I.P.

What he said.

Jimcs50
11-27-2007, 03:21 PM
I
don't think we need to put Sean Taylor up on a pedestal saying he was turning his life around or that he was a good man in order to mourn his death or glorify his life. No one is perfect and Sean Taylor definitely was not. But, we can do it tactfully and respectfully acknowledging he had his problems, including problems with the law, and yet his death is still tragic and mournful and his life was still valuable beyond that of a pro football player, especially to those who loved him.

Well said.

ShoogarBear
11-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Good post, JamStone.

Lotta people walking around DC like zombies today.

Jimcs50
11-27-2007, 03:39 PM
I will tell you one thing, there will be a whole lot of receivers and running backs feeling a whole lot better on the field without seeing #36 or # 21on the opposing side of the ball.

TampaDude
11-27-2007, 03:49 PM
I am a lifelong Redskins fan, and I dreaded turning on the TV this morning...I had a bad feeling ST was dead...things will never be the same in DC...I'm just sick to my stomach over this...I hope they find the fucker who did this and fry him twice.

K-State Spur
11-27-2007, 03:51 PM
The only time I have ever seen TO get alligator arms (twice actually) was when Sean Taylor was roaming the middle.

He was quietly establishing himself as the best safety in the game. He could jar the ball lose from any WR, his mis-tackles seemed to be a thing of the past, and despite being 220 lbs, his coverage skills were better than most corners.

If he had not gotten hurt, and Redskins didn't screw themselves in a number of close games, he would have been making a serious bid for defensive MVP.

johnsmith
11-27-2007, 03:56 PM
...things will never be the same in DC...

?

TampaDude
11-27-2007, 04:05 PM
?

???

tlongII
11-27-2007, 04:09 PM
R.I.P.

That was probably my post.

tlongII
11-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Does TampaDude live in D.C.? Or Tampa?

J.T.
11-27-2007, 04:15 PM
According to the press conference on ESPN right now, every player in the NFL will be wearing Taylor's 21 on their helmet. The Redskins will also add a patch to their jersey.

:tu

samikeyp
11-27-2007, 04:23 PM
JamStone...:toast

I mentioned my friend in a previous post who works for the team and he confirmed what Shoog said. The people in the front office are stunned and saddened at the same time.

Bigzax
11-27-2007, 04:27 PM
i hope your friend isn't vinny cerrato mikey. cuz that guy is on my shit list!

samikeyp
11-27-2007, 04:31 PM
nope, he is the IT guy.

went to school with ASF and Spurswoman.

ShoogarBear
11-27-2007, 04:43 PM
A Roosevelt grad? :tu

Jimcs50
11-27-2007, 04:46 PM
A Roosevelt grad? :tu

Roughriders blow.

ShoogarBear
11-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Roughriders blow.That's right, you went to . . . what, Incarnate Word?

JamStone
11-27-2007, 04:48 PM
That was probably my post.

It's cool. I wasn't trying to call out anybody. I just mentioned it because when I read it, it read a certain way. I wanted to reinforce the idea that his family and friends mourn much more for the loss of the person than a team or organization will mourn for the loss of the player. I don't think you intended it in a negative way. I just wanted to bring it up.

Bigzax
11-27-2007, 05:04 PM
I wanted to reinforce the idea that his family and friends mourn much more for the loss of the person than a team or organization will mourn for the loss of the player. I don't think you intended it in a negative way. I just wanted to bring it up.

i'm sure the team and fans are mourning the loss of the person more than the fact that we're shorthanded at safety now bro.

Melmart1
11-27-2007, 05:09 PM
That's right, you went to . . . what, Incarnate Word?
:nope We take no credit for him at all.

TampaDude
11-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Does TampaDude live in D.C.? Or Tampa?

I live in Tampa now, but I lived in Northern VA for over 30 years, and I am a Skins fan 4 LIFE!!! :toast

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-27-2007, 05:42 PM
R.I.P.

He was a great player. It's hard to imagine him gone. :depressed

JamStone
11-27-2007, 06:05 PM
i'm sure the team and fans are mourning the loss of the person more than the fact that we're shorthanded at safety now bro.

Well, bro, while I'm sure that's true for the vast majority of his teammates, most of the fans didn't know Sean Taylor the person. They only knew Sean Taylor the football player. And, there are some fans that are more concerned about how it affects the Redskins as a team. That's why I brought it up in the first place. The comment was made that the "Redskins will miss him." Not, his family and friends will miss him or the DC community will miss him or the University of Miami family will miss him. It was "the Redskins will miss him." That's why I brought it up. More important than how his passing affects fans or the Redskins team and organization is how it affects his immediate family and friends. That was my point all along. Sure, the Redskins will miss him. Just not the way his wife and daughter and parents and brothers, sisters, cousins, and close friends will.

slayermin
11-27-2007, 06:32 PM
I was reading and watching the reports last night about him falling into a coma. I was hoping for the best.

Sad day to be a Redskins fan.

Rest in peace, Sean.

Condolences to his family, teammates, and friends.

Jimcs50
11-27-2007, 06:35 PM
That's right, you went to . . . what, Incarnate Word?

No, Robt E Lee. We used to have Roosevelt for lunch every October in Football....they were a bunch of pussies. I even got to play against them. :)

BUMP
11-27-2007, 07:45 PM
when you get down to the thick of it, it was a man who had a career that he enjoyed in front of him, he had parenthood in front of him, and he had a whole chapter of his life. its sad when you realize how many people he could've or would've influenced in his life. sadly that's all we have left to say now is what could've or would've happened. :depressed

R.I.P.

johnsmith
11-27-2007, 08:23 PM
???

Dude, I don't mean to sound like a dick here, really I don't. But, you said "DC will never be the same again".

On 9/11, the country lost 3,000 some odd folks, if anything that would be the day that DC would never be the same again, but after about three weeks, it was back to normal.

This is a shitty deal for sports fans, redskins fans, and friends and family of Sean Taylor, but let's not act like the world is coming to an end.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-27-2007, 09:53 PM
I wanted to post this here because it's kind of what happened in this thread, too. Plus, a friend of mine is one of the reporters quoted (Zuri Berry).

----------------

http://www.maynardije.org/columns/dickprince/071127_prince/

Black Sportswriters Fear Stereotypical Narrative
The shooting death of Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor has left some African American sportswriters concerned that coverage by their predominantly white colleagues will unfairly emphasize negative aspects of Taylor's past.

"The one thing that I have found today from listening to talk radio and reading columnists/bloggers views on this matter is this," the Boston Globe's Gregory Lee, who chairs the Sports Task Force of the National Association of Black Journalists, wrote to his colleagues on Tuesday:

"Don't speak or write on things you don't know. What I mean by that is often times when sports turns into social issues, most don't get it and don't have the background to speak about it. The only thing they can go off is stereotypical images of rap videos or watching New Jack City."

Taylor, 24, died Tuesday after he was shot in his home by an apparent intruder, "leaving the Washington Redskins in mourning for a teammate who seemed to have reordered his life since becoming a father," the Associated Press reported.

The AP story continued, "An All-American at the University of Miami, Taylor was drafted by the Redskins as the fifth overall selection in 2004. Coach Joe Gibbs called it 'one of the most researched things' he'd ever done, but the problems soon began. Taylor fired his agent, then skipped part of the NFL's mandatory rookie symposium, drawing a $25,000 fine. Driving home late from a party during the season, he was pulled over and charged with drunken driving. The case was dismissed in court, but by then it had become a months-long distraction for the team.

"Taylor also was fined at least seven times for late hits, uniform violations and other infractions over his first three seasons, including a $17,000 penalty for spitting in the face of Tampa Bay running back Michael Pittman during a playoff game in January 2006.

"Meanwhile, Taylor endured a yearlong legal battle after he was accused in 2005 of brandishing a gun at a man during a fight over allegedly stolen all-terrain vehicles near Taylor's home. He eventually pleaded no contest to two misdemeanors and was sentenced to 18 months' probation.

"Taylor said the end of the assault case was like 'a gray cloud' being lifted. It was also around the time that Jackie was born, and teammates noticed a change."

Those paragraphs, and others like it, did not sit well with members of the NABJ Sports Task Force. "There's a problem I've been having with reporting on Sean Taylor and I'm leaning to being annoyed on a moral level more than anything else," Zuri Berry, sports reporter at the Union in Grass Valley, Calif., wrote.

"The story AP has sent out is only as long as it is because it provides a laundry list of transgressions Taylor had that I simply feel are not important for this particularly tragic event. I mean, there's obviously a list out on everybody that's done anything wrong, waiting to be attached to the person's next scandalous story. Well there's no scandal here, just tragedy. And I feel that Taylor's memory right now is being done a disservice for rehashing that 'Taylor also was fined at least seven times for late hits, uniform violations and other infractions over his first three seasons, including a $17,000 penalty for spitting in the face of Tampa Bay running back Michael Pittman during a 2006 playoff game.'

"Excuse me if I wonder out loud, what the hell does this have to do with him being shot. Mind you, this isn't an obit, this is breaking news."

Justice B. Hill, senior writer with MLB.com, compared the coverage with that of Ronald Reagan. "Last night, I read Leonard Pitts' column on Ronald Reagan. Pitts wrote the piece in April 2004, and he called out journalists for painting this overly flattering a picture of Reagan on his death," Hill said.

"In concluding his column, Pitts wrote: 'The media have sold us a fraudulent version of history. Everybody loved Ronald Reagan, it says.

"'Beg pardon, but "everybody" did not.'

"I would have no problem with the coverage of Sean Taylor if, in fact, what the media did to Taylor was consistent with how they deal with others in his circumstance. To suggest that black men like Taylor aren't dealt with unfairly in the media is to embrace the idea of mermaids as real or that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction."

Another writer singled out Leonard Shapiro of the Washington Post, who wrote a piece on the Post Web site headlined, "Taylor's Death Is Tragic but Not Surprising."

"Certainly it would be terribly easy to rush toward some sort of instant judgment based on what we think we all knew about Taylor and the sort of life he once, and for all we know, still led," Shapiro wrote. "But really, we know nothing at the moment, and until we do, 'may he rest in peace' ought to be the operative phrase for this day."

However, the next sentence was, "Still, could anyone honestly say they never saw this coming?"

Wrote Jemele Hill of ESPN.com: "Before Taylor died, I intended to write a column about how the tenor of reporting seemed to be, well what do you expect? Look at all the trouble he got into.

"It's not like Taylor was out at the club, or at the wrong place, wrong time. If the police thought his past troubles were related to his murder, then I understand it. But it seems as if this is being framed as, he got what was coming to him, when he'd been trouble-free for some time. Maybe I'm being oversensitive, but I just have a hard time believing that if Brett Favre got shot, there would be grafs about his personal drug abuse issues."

Hill wrote her own column, noting, "Studies conducted in 2006 at Columbia, Princeton, Harvard and other institutions concluded a black man is more than six times as likely to be murdered than a white man.

"This isn't to say Taylor was killed because he was black," Hill wrote. "This is to say that, because he was black, Taylor was more likely to be killed. The weight of that should be just as jarring as waking up and discovering an NFL player died from a gunshot wound. Please don't roll your eyes, release a frustrated breath, and trivialize this as 'playing the race card.'"

Not everyone agreed that Taylor's legal issues should not have been mentioned.

"I don't think anyone can really escape their past," another said. "I didn't see the relevancy of the AP story talking about his fines and some on-field run-ins, but I didn't have a problem with the mention of his legal issues. no telling what this police investigation will turn up, it doesn't sound like a random break-in to me. maybe I'm just too cynical but when I first heard Taylor got shot at his home, I wasn't thinking about his present turnaround. I was thinking of his past troubles."

Asked for comment, Mike Silverman, senior managing editor at the Associated Press, referred Journal-isms to AP's latest version of the story and pointed out that it now also had a sidebar about the medical aspects of the case.

Harris said the newer version did not address his concerns, "simply because it reworks the lead to address the general public's concern, as well as his family and friends, over his negative portrayal. But the grafs I cited in my initial post . . . are still included, however irrelevant and damaging.

"But yes, compared to yesterday's story on the shooting, it is much better in its reporting on the incident rather than Taylor's previous transgressions. Or I should say, more properly balanced."

samikeyp
11-27-2007, 09:57 PM
A Roosevelt grad?

yep....c/o 88

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
11-27-2007, 10:01 PM
No telling what this police investigation will turn up, it doesn't sound like a random break-in to me.

'Twas my first thought as well.

I'm interested to see what the investigation turns up, if anything.

Thunder Dan
11-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Michael Wilbon said the exact same thing I said (for the most part) on Sportscenter tonight and wrote the same thing I said in his section in the Washington Post; so I'm not being the only "asshole" in this world.

11-27-2007, 10:02 PM
Link it, because I'm not looking for it.

Thunder Dan
11-27-2007, 10:13 PM
Link it, because I'm not looking for it.

it's not Wilbon's column but he is quoted towards the end

Taylor's Death Is Tragic but Not Surprising

By Leonard Shapiro
Special to washingtonpost.com
Tuesday, November 27, 2007; 12:28 PM

A few years ago, I was allowed to spend what became a thoroughly illuminating afternoon at the NFL's rookie symposium, then, a four-day session held at Lansdowne Resort near Leesburg. Every drafted rookie was and still is required to attend an annual event designed to prepare the players for a wide variety of issues they would soon be facing as highly visible professional athletes.

One of the more compelling elements that day was a series of skits put on by a professional acting troupe based in New York. A wide variety of scenarios was played out on the stage; from a scene in a club showing an athlete losing his temper when his girlfriend was groped by a drunken bar fly to a young player confronted by his larcenous cousin wanting him to buy a recently stolen sound system at a very reduced rate.

At the dramatic high point of each presentation, at about the time the player would have to make a very critical and potentially life-altering decision, a voice offstage would scream out "FREEZE!!!!!" and the actors literally stopped and became living, breathing statues. At that point, a discussion leader stepped out and opened the floor to comments and questions on how the fictional player would have, and should have handled that situation.

Consequences was the theme of the day. Everything you do has consequences, and even more so when you are young, rich and a highly visible professional athlete.

I've been thinking about that symposium ever since the news broke Monday morning that Sean Taylor, the Redskins Pro Bowl safety had been shot in an apparent burglary attempt at his home in a suburban Miami neighborhood. Tragically, Taylor died early Tuesday morning from a bullet that severed the femoral artery in his groin area. The massive loss of blood was too much for even this seemingly superbly conditioned athlete to overcome.

He was only 24, the father of an 18-month-old baby girl who was also in the house along with her mother, Taylor's girlfriend. And this was for real. No symposium. No actors. No questions and answers from the audience, and certainly no one around to yell "FREEZE!!!! before the madness in Miami escalated into murder. The consequence of who knows what?

At the moment, it is far too soon to draw any conclusions as to how or why this tragedy occurred, why another young black man is now dead from a gunshot wound in his own home, why another athlete, Michael Vick, Pacman Jones, Tank Johnson, and now Sean Taylor becomes headline news for all the wrong reasons.
ad_icon

Certainly it would be terribly easy to rush toward some sort of instant judgment based on what we think we all knew about Taylor and the sort of life he once, and for all we know, still led. But really, we know nothing at the moment, and until we do, "may he rest in peace" ought to be the operative phrase for this day.

Still, could anyone honestly say they never saw this coming? You'd have to be blind not to consider Taylor's checkered past. It was only a few months after he was drafted, when we got something of an inkling of what sort of young man the Redskins were selecting out of the University of Miami with the fifth overall selection in 2004.

For one, Taylor brazenly skipped the rookie symposium he was required to attend his first year, and was fined accordingly by the NFL. You also can look at the timeline of his professional life printed on this web site or in the newspaper and draw your own preliminary conclusions.

Over the first few years Taylor was in the league, he bounced from one scrape to another, blowing off the symposium, disrespecting Hall of Fame coach Joe Gibbs by not showing up for mandatory offseason workouts and never calling to explain why, running afoul of the law in a widely reported shooting incident in South Florida and very nearly going to jail.

On the field, Taylor often was a thoroughly undisciplined player who loved to make bold statements with vicious and often dangerous hits that occasionally got him tossed from games. Clearly, he seemed to embrace the thug image on and off the field, and the fact that he rarely spoke to members of the media only enhanced his reputation as a moody, enigmatic athlete we hardly ever got to know.

My colleague, Post columnist and ESPN broadcaster Michael Wilbon was asked about Taylor during his weekly internet web site discussion Monday and said, "I've known guys like Taylor all my life, grew up with some. They still have shades of gray and shouldn't be painted in black and white.

"I know how I feel about Taylor, and this latest news isn't surprising in the least, not to me. Whether this incident is or isn't random, Taylor grew up in a violent world, embraced it, claimed it, loved to run in it and refused to divorce himself from it. He ain't the first and won't be the last. We have no idea what happened, or if what we know now will be revised later. It's sad, yes, but hardly surprising."

In the wake of his shooting, we are now hearing about a so-called new Sean Taylor, a guy who seemed to be getting his life back in order, perhaps because of the birth of his child. Maybe a light bulb finally went off in his head. He was even enjoying arguably the best season of his career until he was derailed by a knee injury two weeks ago.

After a loss to Dallas two weeks ago, everyone around here, and in the Redskins locker room, was saying there was no way Terrell Owens would have caught four touchdown passes if Taylor had been patrolling the middle of the field, prepared to pounce and pound the yappy receiver any chance he got.

And on Monday, a stream of Redskins players and coaches were paraded in front of the cameras and microphones at Redskins Park to testify that Taylor had truly turned his life around for the better.

"The man changed his life," said running back Clinton Portis, his best friend and a former Miami teammate. "That man changed his mentality, changed his attitude. He came to work with a defined happiness."

But now, Sean Taylor will never come to work again. Never mind the impact of his loss on the football team, the last thing anyone ought to be thinking about at the moment. Instead, we need to focus on why this unspeakable tragedy happened and how we can keep it from happening to so many other young men soon to be attending rookie symposiums of their own.

If everything we're hearing about his life turnaround is true, surely Taylor would have been a marvelous speaker to show up at the 2008 session this spring. Maybe this time, when the man off stage shouts "FREEZE!!!!" everyone in the room will be thinking about truth, and consequences and surely paying a lot more attention

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/27/AR2007112701111_2.html?nav=hcmodule&sid=ST2007112702001

J.T.
11-27-2007, 10:13 PM
yep....c/o 88

Making me feel young... Reagan c/o '04.

redskinfan
11-27-2007, 10:47 PM
R I P #21 you were the man...

Steve Irwin
11-27-2007, 11:21 PM
Rip Bro!

Fillmoe
11-27-2007, 11:43 PM
its funny that even though dude turned his life around, people will still bring up shit from his past, to write bullshit articles that garner attention

pussyface.
11-28-2007, 12:07 AM
its funny that even though dude turned his life around, people will still bring up shit from his past, to write bullshit articles that garner attention
We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.
-Magnolia

johnsmith
11-28-2007, 12:11 AM
-Magnolia

For instance, that 24-pack of donuts T park ate earlier today is going to be with him for a long time.

Spawn
11-28-2007, 04:10 AM
Here we go bringing out all of his past transgressions. This to me was obviously a robbery gone bad because if it was an intended hit, why would they shoot him in the leg?

Spawn
11-28-2007, 04:35 AM

Hardly anyone has done more for his community than Stephon Marbury, you probably don't know this because the media likes to focus on the negative and people who allow the media to think for them soak it all in. Also what troubles has he gotten himself into in his life that would suggest that people wouldn't be suprised that he meet with foul play?

SAtown
11-28-2007, 04:45 AM
Hardly anyone has done more for his community than Stephon Marbury, you probably don't know this because the media likes to focus on the negative and people who allow the media to think for them soak it all in.

Dude, you're talking to a bunch of Spurs fans. :lol

Extra Stout
11-28-2007, 08:10 AM
Hardly anyone has done more for his community than Stephon Marbury, you probably don't know this because the media likes to focus on the negative and people who allow the media to think for them soak it all in. Also what troubles has he gotten himself into in his life that would suggest that people wouldn't be suprised that he meet with foul play?
Stephon is complicated. On the court, he's a diva, but off the court, he's probably done more than anybody to break the cultural neurosis in the inner city that compels people in poverty to pay $150 for $20 basketball shoes.

Findog
11-28-2007, 09:49 AM
-Magnolia

The past is always with us. Where we come from, what we go through, how we go through it; all this shit matters. Like at the end of the book, ya' know, boats and tides and all. It's like you can change up, right, you can say your somebody new, you can give yourself a whole new story. But, what came first is who you really are and what happened before is what really happened. It don't matter that some fool say he different 'cause the things that make you different is what you really do, what you really go through. Like, ya' know, all those books in his library. He frontin' with all them books, but if you pull one down off the shelf, none of the pages have ever been opened. He got all them books, and he hasn't read nearly one of them. Gatsby, he was who he was, and he did what he did. And 'cause he wasn't willing to get real with the story, that shit caught up to him.

- DeAngelo.

JamStone
11-28-2007, 11:47 AM
Here we go bringing out all of his past transgressions. This to me was obviously a robbery gone bad because if it was an intended hit, why would they shoot him in the leg?

Maybe not a hit to kill, but quite possibly be some sort of revenge act. And, as for shooting him in the leg, might not have wanted to kill him but may have wanted to end his football career.

All conjecture and speculation, but it very possibly may not have been just a robbery gone bad.

BeerIsGood!
11-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Let's see... someone broke into his house one week ago and left a knife laying on the pillow of his bed. I think I'd start looking into the premeditated motives of those with personal ties to Taylor as well, as most random burglars won't go to the trouble to break into a place twice and put a knife on the pillow of someone they never met before coming back and killing them.

SAtown
11-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Let's see... someone broke into his house one week ago and left a knife laying on the pillow of his bed. I think I'd start looking into the premeditated motives of those with personal ties to Taylor as well, as most random burglars won't go to the trouble to break into a place twice and put a knife on the pillow of someone they never met before coming back and killing them.

Maybe he/she/they figured he was with the team; after all, it was gameday.

BeerIsGood!
11-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Maybe he/she/they figured he was with the team; after all, it was gameday.

So what's with the knife? Any why the repeat burglary in such a short time? I guess they couldn't carry out that plasma tv in one night, needed another to clean it up. It's possible it was a burglary, but with the evidence seems improbable. Plus, the other side of it being gameday means that someone that knew him could have easily known he wasn't with the team.

tlongII
11-28-2007, 01:26 PM
The "robber" busted through the bedroom door and shot Taylor. I don't believe it was a random act. It sounds to me like somebody was seriously pissed off at him.

11-28-2007, 01:43 PM
Nothing was stolen in either break-in.

Shot in the groin area is a nice way of saying they tried to blow his dick off.

Sounds like a revenge act to me. I don't see how it doesn't look that way with what happened on the initial break-in.

11-28-2007, 08:02 PM
"This was not the first incident," Rolle said. "They've been targeting him for three years now."

Rolle said many former "friends" had it in for Taylor, who was trying to build a more stable life.

"He really didn't say too much," Rolle said, "but I know he lived his life pretty much scared every day of his life when he was down in Miami because those people were targeting him. At least, he's got peace now."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3132378

Flo-Rida
11-28-2007, 09:48 PM
man i still cant believe he's gone im like in tears its funny because how poeple used to say bad things about him i had the privelage to meet sean one time and he was truly a classy person it just saddends me to know that his little 18 motnh daughter wont even know her father i will truly miss all the good higlights he coulda had

sean u are gone but u aint forgotten

So once again R.I.P Sean Taylor
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/chrisneo/seantaylor.jpg

Flo-Rida
11-28-2007, 09:51 PM
it's not Wilbon's column but he is quoted towards the end

Taylor's Death Is Tragic but Not Surprising

By Leonard Shapiro
Special to washingtonpost.com
Tuesday, November 27, 2007; 12:28 PM

A few years ago, I was allowed to spend what became a thoroughly illuminating afternoon at the NFL's rookie symposium, then, a four-day session held at Lansdowne Resort near Leesburg. Every drafted rookie was and still is required to attend an annual event designed to prepare the players for a wide variety of issues they would soon be facing as highly visible professional athletes.

One of the more compelling elements that day was a series of skits put on by a professional acting troupe based in New York. A wide variety of scenarios was played out on the stage; from a scene in a club showing an athlete losing his temper when his girlfriend was groped by a drunken bar fly to a young player confronted by his larcenous cousin wanting him to buy a recently stolen sound system at a very reduced rate.

At the dramatic high point of each presentation, at about the time the player would have to make a very critical and potentially life-altering decision, a voice offstage would scream out "FREEZE!!!!!" and the actors literally stopped and became living, breathing statues. At that point, a discussion leader stepped out and opened the floor to comments and questions on how the fictional player would have, and should have handled that situation.

Consequences was the theme of the day. Everything you do has consequences, and even more so when you are young, rich and a highly visible professional athlete.

I've been thinking about that symposium ever since the news broke Monday morning that Sean Taylor, the Redskins Pro Bowl safety had been shot in an apparent burglary attempt at his home in a suburban Miami neighborhood. Tragically, Taylor died early Tuesday morning from a bullet that severed the femoral artery in his groin area. The massive loss of blood was too much for even this seemingly superbly conditioned athlete to overcome.

He was only 24, the father of an 18-month-old baby girl who was also in the house along with her mother, Taylor's girlfriend. And this was for real. No symposium. No actors. No questions and answers from the audience, and certainly no one around to yell "FREEZE!!!! before the madness in Miami escalated into murder. The consequence of who knows what?

At the moment, it is far too soon to draw any conclusions as to how or why this tragedy occurred, why another young black man is now dead from a gunshot wound in his own home, why another athlete, Michael Vick, Pacman Jones, Tank Johnson, and now Sean Taylor becomes headline news for all the wrong reasons.
ad_icon

Certainly it would be terribly easy to rush toward some sort of instant judgment based on what we think we all knew about Taylor and the sort of life he once, and for all we know, still led. But really, we know nothing at the moment, and until we do, "may he rest in peace" ought to be the operative phrase for this day.

Still, could anyone honestly say they never saw this coming? You'd have to be blind not to consider Taylor's checkered past. It was only a few months after he was drafted, when we got something of an inkling of what sort of young man the Redskins were selecting out of the University of Miami with the fifth overall selection in 2004.

For one, Taylor brazenly skipped the rookie symposium he was required to attend his first year, and was fined accordingly by the NFL. You also can look at the timeline of his professional life printed on this web site or in the newspaper and draw your own preliminary conclusions.

Over the first few years Taylor was in the league, he bounced from one scrape to another, blowing off the symposium, disrespecting Hall of Fame coach Joe Gibbs by not showing up for mandatory offseason workouts and never calling to explain why, running afoul of the law in a widely reported shooting incident in South Florida and very nearly going to jail.

On the field, Taylor often was a thoroughly undisciplined player who loved to make bold statements with vicious and often dangerous hits that occasionally got him tossed from games. Clearly, he seemed to embrace the thug image on and off the field, and the fact that he rarely spoke to members of the media only enhanced his reputation as a moody, enigmatic athlete we hardly ever got to know.

My colleague, Post columnist and ESPN broadcaster Michael Wilbon was asked about Taylor during his weekly internet web site discussion Monday and said, "I've known guys like Taylor all my life, grew up with some. They still have shades of gray and shouldn't be painted in black and white.

"I know how I feel about Taylor, and this latest news isn't surprising in the least, not to me. Whether this incident is or isn't random, Taylor grew up in a violent world, embraced it, claimed it, loved to run in it and refused to divorce himself from it. He ain't the first and won't be the last. We have no idea what happened, or if what we know now will be revised later. It's sad, yes, but hardly surprising."

In the wake of his shooting, we are now hearing about a so-called new Sean Taylor, a guy who seemed to be getting his life back in order, perhaps because of the birth of his child. Maybe a light bulb finally went off in his head. He was even enjoying arguably the best season of his career until he was derailed by a knee injury two weeks ago.

After a loss to Dallas two weeks ago, everyone around here, and in the Redskins locker room, was saying there was no way Terrell Owens would have caught four touchdown passes if Taylor had been patrolling the middle of the field, prepared to pounce and pound the yappy receiver any chance he got.

And on Monday, a stream of Redskins players and coaches were paraded in front of the cameras and microphones at Redskins Park to testify that Taylor had truly turned his life around for the better.

"The man changed his life," said running back Clinton Portis, his best friend and a former Miami teammate. "That man changed his mentality, changed his attitude. He came to work with a defined happiness."

But now, Sean Taylor will never come to work again. Never mind the impact of his loss on the football team, the last thing anyone ought to be thinking about at the moment. Instead, we need to focus on why this unspeakable tragedy happened and how we can keep it from happening to so many other young men soon to be attending rookie symposiums of their own.

If everything we're hearing about his life turnaround is true, surely Taylor would have been a marvelous speaker to show up at the 2008 session this spring. Maybe this time, when the man off stage shouts "FREEZE!!!!" everyone in the room will be thinking about truth, and consequences and surely paying a lot more attention

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/27/AR2007112701111_2.html?nav=hcmodule&sid=ST2007112702001

Prick i bet u he didnt even know the guy man

ShoogarBear
11-28-2007, 10:01 PM
The past is always with us. Where we come from, what we go through, how we go through it; all this shit matters. Like at the end of the book, ya' know, boats and tides and all. It's like you can change up, right, you can say your somebody new, you can give yourself a whole new story. But, what came first is who you really are and what happened before is what really happened. It don't matter that some fool say he different 'cause the things that make you different is what you really do, what you really go through. Like, ya' know, all those books in his library. He frontin' with all them books, but if you pull one down off the shelf, none of the pages have ever been opened. He got all them books, and he hasn't read nearly one of them. Gatsby, he was who he was, and he did what he did. And 'cause he wasn't willing to get real with the story, that shit caught up to him.

- DeAngelo.The Wire, sweet.

Slydragon
11-28-2007, 10:30 PM
Maybe not a hit to kill, but quite possibly be some sort of revenge act. And, as for shooting him in the leg, might not have wanted to kill him but may have wanted to end his football career.

All conjecture and speculation, but it very possibly may not have been just a robbery gone bad.

thats what I was thinking.

TampaDude
11-29-2007, 02:02 PM
Dude, I don't mean to sound like a dick here, really I don't. But, you said "DC will never be the same again".

On 9/11, the country lost 3,000 some odd folks, if anything that would be the day that DC would never be the same again, but after about three weeks, it was back to normal.

This is a shitty deal for sports fans, redskins fans, and friends and family of Sean Taylor, but let's not act like the world is coming to an end.

You obviously have never lived in the DC area. The passion that Redskins fans have for their team is almost without equal in the NFL. I didn't mean the world was coming to an end, and you know it. The many fans in and around DC, and all over the world, know the Skins, and DC, will never quite be the same without Sean Taylor...he was arguably the best player on the team, and now he's gone forever. There will be other talented safeties on the Redskins in the years to come, but there will NEVER, EVER, be anyone quite like Sean Taylor.

Oh, BTW...I used to work at the Pentagon...I know all about 9/11, trust me...don't even go there... :nope

BeerIsGood!
11-29-2007, 02:15 PM
Oh, BTW...I used to work at the Pentagon...I know all about 9/11, trust me...don't even go there... :nope

I've worked there too, and I'm not touchy at all about it. We pissed off some Arabs by giving their land away to Israel after WWII and 60 years later they finally did something about it. It's the way the world works, when you're at the top some people are going to be siding with you and some are going to be gunning to topple you.

BeerIsGood!
11-29-2007, 02:16 PM
I agree that this Taylor incident is a very sad and unfortunate issue, but many people die from homicide every day just in this country alone. Right now as you read this someone is being murdered in the US. Why not all the outrage over those people?

stretch
11-29-2007, 03:18 PM
For instance, that 24-pack of donuts T park ate earlier today is going to be with him for a long time.
:lmao

That was one of the rare funny things that you have said that was actually funny.

TampaDude
11-29-2007, 03:51 PM
I've worked there too, and I'm not touchy at all about it. We pissed off some Arabs by giving their land away to Israel after WWII and 60 years later they finally did something about it. It's the way the world works, when you're at the top some people are going to be siding with you and some are going to be gunning to topple you.

Yup...it's called "blowback"...one of the unfortunate consequences of having a forward-leaning (aggressive) foreign policy.

TampaDude
11-29-2007, 03:52 PM
I agree that this Taylor incident is a very sad and unfortunate issue, but many people die from homicide every day just in this country alone. Right now as you read this someone is being murdered in the US. Why not all the outrage over those people?

WERD...and most of them are young black males murdering other young black males...it's really sad...

johnsmith
11-29-2007, 06:18 PM

:rolleyes

I just got the image of the Saturday Night Live skit, "Nick Burns: Your Company's Computer Guy" in my head.

Extra Stout
11-30-2007, 10:51 AM
This has got to be chilling for black athletes in all the sports leagues.

Kid grows up in inner city.

Kid joins gang in hopes of surviving to see 18th birthday.

Kid grows up into great football player and becomes rich.

Gang members want a cut of the riches.

Football player has daughter and wants to straighten up life.

Football player distances himself from gang.

Gang kills football player.

Hopeless.

Thunder Dan
11-30-2007, 11:02 AM

I just got the image of the Saturday Night Live skit, "Nick Burns: Your Company's Computer Guy" in my head.

http://www.myheadisarocket.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/nick_burns.jpg

MOVE!

11-30-2007, 11:40 AM
This has got to be chilling for black athletes in all the sports leagues.

Kid grows up in inner city.

Kid joins gang in hopes of surviving to see 18th birthday.

Kid grows up into great football player and becomes rich.

Gang members want a cut of the riches.

Football player has daughter and wants to straighten up life.

Football player distances himself from gang.

Gang kills football player.

Hopeless.

I don't understand why the fuck he stayed in Florida after the knife on the pillow incident. Or why the alarm was off. Or why he didn't hire 24/7 security for the time being.

Extra Stout
11-30-2007, 12:32 PM
I don't understand why the fuck he stayed in Florida after the knife on the pillow incident. Or why the alarm was off. Or why he didn't hire 24/7 security for the time being.
I don't know. Maybe he thought it was more respectable to stand his ground, rather than cutting and running.

I guess not.

Flight3107
11-30-2007, 09:02 PM
4 People have been arrested in connection to Taylor's death.

MIAMI -- The Miami-Dade Police Department has arrested four people in connection with the fatal shooting of Washington Redskins star safety Sean Taylor.

Miami-Dade police department spokeswoman Linda O'Brien identified the men as: Venjah K. Hunte, 20; Eric Rivera Jr., 17; Jason Scott Mitchell, 17; and Charles Kendrick Lee Wardlow, 18.

Taylor died Tuesday, one day after being shot at his home in an affluent Miami suburb during what officials said appeared to be an attempted burglary. The suspects weren't expecting Taylor to be home, police director Robert Parker said, but Taylor was recuperating from a knee injury and had returned to Miami from Washington.

"They were certainly not looking to go there and kill anyone," Miami-Dade police director Robert Parker said. He added authorities had more than one confession but would not elaborate.

"We're looking into whether or not one or more of the individuals had been at the residence before," Parker said.

The Miami Herald reported investigators believe the men learned of Taylor's house through someone who unwittingly set up the burglary by bragging about Taylor's wealth.

Taylor and his longtime girlfriend, Jackie Garcia, were awakened early Monday by loud noises at Taylor's home, family friend Richard Sharpstein said. Taylor grabbed a machete he kept in the bedroom for protection, Sharpstein said, then someone broke through the bedroom door and fired two shots, one missing and one hitting Taylor in the upper leg. Neither the couple's 18-month-old daughter, also named Jackie, nor Garcia were injured.

The bullet damaged the femoral artery in Taylor's leg, causing significant blood loss. Taylor never regained consciousness and died a little more than 24 hours later.

Jackie Garcia has declined to speak to the media, but her uncle, actor Andy Garcia, commended Taylor.

''His heroic action on that tragic night saved their life and is a testament to his humanity and courage,'' Garcia said in his statement obtained by the Herald. "His spirit will live forever, in our hearts and through the legacy of his achievements and the family he leaves behind."

A public viewing for Taylor is scheduled Sunday in Miami, and the entire Redskins organization plans to fly to Florida to attend Monday's funeral at Pharmed Arena at Florida International University.

The Redskins also announced that fans attending the team's Sunday game will receive a towel with Taylor's No.21 jersey on it and that his name will be displayed prominently in one of the end zones. Team owner Dan Snyder said in a statement the team will contribute a minimum of $500,000 to a fund to benefit Taylor's daughter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3135855

Flight3107
11-30-2007, 09:25 PM
Eric Rivera Jr.

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/8391/seantaylorar6.jpg

and his myspace

http://www.myspace.com/ericriverajr4

Flight3107
11-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Charles Wardlow

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2990/seantaylor2lg0.jpg

Comment on his Myspace page

DANG BR0 i CANT BELiEVE i JUST SAW Y0 FACE 0N DA NEWS.. DiS HAS G0T T0 BE DA CREEPEST SHiT EVA.. MAN WAT WAS Y0U THiNKiN..? WELL iMA STiLL RiDE FA YA BR0!
$TeeTee$ MY BR0 STiLL G0iN BL0W..

http://www.myspace.com/cdubnext2blow

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 11:11 PM
they got capital punishment in Florida right? I'm guessing so, there's no way a Bush-run state wouldn't have it. either way, every motherfucker involved in this case needs to fucking fry....or be injected with whatever the fuck. Either way, kill every last one of those faggots that had anything to do with this.

Flo-Rida
11-30-2007, 11:14 PM
Charles Wardlow

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2990/seantaylor2lg0.jpg

Comment on his Myspace page

DANG BR0 i CANT BELiEVE i JUST SAW Y0 FACE 0N DA NEWS.. DiS HAS G0T T0 BE DA CREEPEST SHiT EVA.. MAN WAT WAS Y0U THiNKiN..? WELL iMA STiLL RiDE FA YA BR0!
$TeeTee$ MY BR0 STiLL G0iN BL0W..

http://www.myspace.com/cdubnext2blow

Lock his ass up for life

Flo-Rida
11-30-2007, 11:21 PM
they got capital punishment in Florida right? I'm guessing so, there's no way a Bush-run state wouldn't have it. either way, every motherfucker involved in this case needs to fucking fry....or be injected with whatever the fuck. Either way, kill every last one of those faggots that had anything to do with this.

Exactly

johnsmith
12-01-2007, 12:23 AM

I agree, fuck em.

samikeyp
12-01-2007, 08:02 AM

absolutely.

Thunder Dan
12-01-2007, 09:20 AM

it will never happen because they said their intent wasn't to kill anyone but to just rob the house and when they saw him they got scared. It's also probably why they shot him in the leg and not in the head (or atleast they will argue that)

I would give it to them though. I'm very much against the death penalty on how it is currently used (I don't feel like getting into it), but if they actually wanted to use the death penalty for what it's original purpose is, then there is no question that they get it. You kill someone, you get it, no arguing otherwise. Right now the death penalty is just for minorities that can't afford someone to get them out of it.

sa_butta
12-01-2007, 09:30 AM
it will never happen because they said their intent wasn't to kill anyone but to just rob the house and when they saw him they got scared. It's also probably why they shot him in the leg and not in the head (or atleast they will argue that)

I would give it to them though. I'm very much against the death penalty on how it is currently used (I don't feel like getting into it), but if they actually wanted to use the death penalty for what it's original purpose is, then there is no question that they get it. You kill someone, you get it, no arguing otherwise. Right now the death penalty is just for minorities that can't afford someone to get them out of it.funny how they didnt intend on killing anyone, but broke into his house and brought guns.

Jimcs50
12-01-2007, 10:03 AM
The "robber" busted through the bedroom door and shot Taylor. I don't believe it was a random act. It sounds to me like somebody was seriously pissed off at him.

As always, you and ThunderDan were dead wrong.

I guess Sean had it coming to him, maybe he did not tip his lawn mowing guy enough or his cousin's boyfriend got pissed at him, huh?

This was just an unfortunate event of being at the wrong place at the wrong time, they did not know he was home, and they got scred when they found out he was home and shot at him....he caught a bad round in the wrong part of the leg and dies.

Also I told you that the phone being cut was a bullshit story.

Everyone tries to make more out of things than they really are.

Next time.... do not jump to conclusions

Sean did not have it coming to him, his lifestyle and previous history had nothing to do with this tragedy.

And Dan, even your white bread all American QB Tom Brady could have had this horrible tragedy fall upon himself, as this was nothing more than another senseless murder.

johnsmith
12-01-2007, 10:04 AM

I guess Sean had it coming to him, maybe he did not tip his lawn mowing guy enough or his cousin's boyfriend got pissed at him, huh?

This was just an unfortunate event of being at the wrong place at the wrong time, they did not know he was home, and they got scred when they found out he was home and shot at him....he caught a bad round in the wrong part of the leg and dies.

Sean did not have it coming to him, his lifestyle and previous history had nothing to do with this tragedy.

And Dan, even your white bread all American QB Tom Brady could have had this horrible tragedy fall upon himself, as this was nothing more than another senseless murder.

Because Jim says so, and now he's taking his tooth scraper and going home.

Jimcs50
12-01-2007, 10:06 AM
funny how they didnt intend on killing anyone, but broke into his house and brought guns.

no premeditation = no death penalty

I am guessing the shooter with get life sentence and the other three will plea down to accessory to murder and get around 10-20 yrs because they will testify for the state against the shooter.

Jimcs50
12-01-2007, 10:07 AM

It sucks when I am right, huh?

johnsmith
12-01-2007, 10:13 AM
It sucks when I am right, huh?

I'm still not sure if you're right. Nor do I care.

I just find it amusing that you are the defender of all things good in this country. No one will ever assume something wrong again as long as Jimcs50, an anoynomous poster at Spurstalk.com is around to make sure of it.

I mean, someone broke into their house earlier in the week and left a knife on the pillow, but Jim will not have it, it must be random.

OJ didn't kill those white people, Jim says so.

Kennedy was shot by Oswald only, Jim says so.

And there is no doubt that Bush planned all these wars for oil, Jim says so.

You just seem like such a huge douche bag Jim in certain forums, I don't get it.

Jimcs50
12-01-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm still not sure if you're right. Nor do I care.

I just find it amusing that you are the defender of all things good in this country. No one will ever assume something wrong again as long as Jimcs50, an anoynomous poster at Spurstalk.com is around to make sure of it.

I mean, someone broke into their house earlier in the week and left a knife on the pillow, but Jim will not have it, it must be random.

OJ didn't kill those white people, Jim says so.

Kennedy was shot by Oswald only, Jim says so.

And there is no doubt that Bush planned all these wars for oil, Jim says so.

You just seem like such a huge douche bag Jim in certain forums, I don't get it.

When did I ever mention OJ or Oswald? Yes Bush is in Iraq for oil, that is not even debatable, any person with any grey matter at all can see that. I do not give a damn if you call me a douche bag, because there is not one person that knows me personally, (including Kori,) that thinks I am a douchebag, that is a fact....deal with it.

Hello??? The knife was a kitchen knife from the house. You use a knife when you are trying to pry things open, life drawers and such, like in the nightstand. It was left on the bed, not the pillow. What a weirdo. :rolleyes

Jimcs50
12-01-2007, 10:28 AM

And another thing, I do not use "tooth scrapers" my hygienist does.

:p:

Thunder Dan
12-01-2007, 10:29 AM

shut up I'm not the only person thinking that. Did you read the article in the Washington Post? You're the douche bag around here. You take offense to something some person you'll never meet said on a message board. Who gives a shit what I said, I said exactly what 99% of America thought. I don't give a shit if I was wrong, I'm not going to sit here and act like Sean Taylor was some little angel and that this came totally unexpected.

Jimcs50
12-01-2007, 10:31 AM
shut up I'm not the only person thinking that. Did you read the article in the Washington Post? You're the douche bag around here. You take offense to something some person you'll never meet said on a message board. Who gives a shit what I said, I said exactly what 99% of America thought. I don't give a shit if I was wrong, I'm not going to sit here and act like Sean Jones was some little angel and that this came totally unexpected.

At leat get his name right....it is Taylor.

Oh, the Washington Post is gospel, I forgot.

99%????

You are once again, the king of hyperbole.

Jimcs50
12-01-2007, 10:35 AM
And if it were 99%, then we in the 1% are pretty damn shrewd then.....impressive, maybe I need to go into the private detective business. :spin

Thunder Dan
12-01-2007, 10:38 AM
At leat get his name right....it is Taylor.

Oh, the Washington Post is gospel, I forgot.

99%????

You are once again, the king of hyperbole.

Why would a headline in a paper read "Jones Murder a Random Act" if everyone expected that anyway? Wouldn't they just assume that people already knew it was random? Why would they waste valuable space on a newspaper talking about that?

Jimcs50
12-01-2007, 10:39 AM
I am finished with this thread. The whole thing sucks and I am sorry that it happened, no matter what the reason.

Thunder Dan
12-01-2007, 10:41 AM
I am finished with this thread. The whole thing sucks and I am sorry that it happened, no matter what the reason.

answer my question because you seem to have a problem with me saying what I said, but according to every headline in the US yesterday, I'm not the only person that thought that.

Jimcs50
12-01-2007, 10:53 AM
answer my question because you seem to have a problem with me saying what I said, but according to every headline in the US yesterday, I'm not the only person that thought that.

I did not read every headine, all I read was your first post in the Sean Taylor gets shot thread, the one about Tom Brady I read it after Sean had died. Sean Taylor was my favorite player to watch on my favorite team and I was sickened by the whole thing. When I read it your post, I flipped out...maybe you can understand that, I do not know.

Thunder Dan
12-01-2007, 11:04 AM
I did not read every headine, all I read was your first post in the Sean Taylor gets shot thread, the one about Tom Brady I read it after Sean had died. Sean Taylor was my favorite player to watch on my favorite team and I was sickened by the whole thing. When I read it your post, I flipped out...maybe you can understand that, I do not know.

yeah but you come on 3 or 4 days after to stir things up again by acting like I am in the minority by how I thought when I first heard it. I didn't change my post, I left it because that is how I thought at the time. I explained myself afterwards, but nothing short of starting my own Sean Taylor fanclub is good enough for you. I was wrong on why he was killed I admit, but I am not suprised to hear his name in the news for something like this. It may be wrong, but after a guy gets a DUI, arrested for assult and caught pulling a gun on someone (in 2 years), it doesn't come as a shock to hear him in the news for wrong reasons. That isn't a white or black thing, that's just the way it is. If I hear Pacman Jones was arrested for murder last night it isn't going to shock me as much as if Jerry Rice or Jason Taylor was. I wrote the post BEFORE he died, when I heard he was shot in the leg.

Jimcs50
12-01-2007, 11:25 AM
yeah but you come on 3 or 4 days after to stir things up again by acting like I am in the minority by how I thought when I first heard it. I didn't change my post, I left it because that is how I thought at the time. I explained myself afterwards, but nothing short of starting my own Sean Taylor fanclub is good enough for you. I was wrong on why he was killed I admit, but I am not suprised to hear his name in the news for something like this. It may be wrong, but after a guy gets a DUI, arrested for assult and caught pulling a gun on someone (in 2 years), it doesn't come as a shock to hear him in the news for wrong reasons. That isn't a white or black thing, that's just the way it is. If I hear Pacman Jones was arrested for murder last night it isn't going to shock me as much as if Jerry Rice or Jason Taylor was. I wrote the post BEFORE he died, when I heard he was shot in the leg.

Sean Taylor is not even close to being in same class as Pacman Jones....bad example, but I get the point.

I did not stir thigs up, but I did want to try to make a point for you and others to not be so quick to judge....that was my point.

Kriz-Maxima
12-01-2007, 05:02 PM
You jumped to conclusions and you were wrong. A man died for being at his home, yet a lot of people pointed his dead to something he might be involved with. This could happen to anyone, even Tom Brady. You judged this wrong.

Thunder Dan
12-01-2007, 07:00 PM
You jumped to conclusions and you were wrong. A man died for being at his home, yet a lot of people pointed his dead to something he might be involved with. This could happen to anyone, even Tom Brady. You judged this wrong.

I admitted that I was wrong, try reading the last couple pages. Plus, why does my opinion on spurstalk.com matter to anyone?

Kriz-Maxima
12-01-2007, 07:55 PM
So you want your opinion to spurstalk.com to be completely ignored? Why post then? This is an online comunity one posts, others respond and so on. No one is gonna lose sleep over what you say but people are gonna respond.

johnsmith
12-02-2007, 01:11 AM
Still hasn't been proven wrong though.

TampaDude
12-02-2007, 08:30 AM

+1

Gonna be LWOP for the accomplices and the needle for the shooter...Florida still has the felony murder statute, AFAIK, which means that the shooter could be eligible for the death penalty...

TampaDude
12-02-2007, 08:32 AM

Naaah...he's way better lookin' than me... :lol

SpursFanFirst
12-02-2007, 01:25 PM
They said on Fox Sports Sunday that, the first time the Redskins defense comes out, they were only going to send 10 men out. It'll be interesting to know how Buffalo responded. Did they take a knee?
I can't watch that game because the Colts game is on here.
Anyone know?

Thunder Dan
12-02-2007, 01:37 PM
They said on Fox Sports Sunday that, the first time the Redskins defense comes out, they were only going to send 10 men out. It'll be interesting to know how Buffalo responded. Did they take a knee?
I can't watch that game because the Colts game is on here.
Anyone know?

A short time later, players along the Redskins' sideline fought back tears as the national anthem played. Their breathing appeared deliberate as they fought to keep their composure, knowing there was a game to play.

The Redskins are not limiting their tributes to a pregame ceremony. Their defense opened its first series with only 10 players on the field. Safety LaRon Landry delivered a crunching hit on Bills running back Fred Jackson, and Buffalo would punt shortly thereafter. The Redskins couldn't have scripted it better.

http://myespn.go.com/profile/hashmarks?tag=sean%20taylor

SpursFanFirst
12-02-2007, 01:41 PM
A short time later, players along the Redskins' sideline fought back tears as the national anthem played. Their breathing appeared deliberate as they fought to keep their composure, knowing there was a game to play.

The Redskins are not limiting their tributes to a pregame ceremony. Their defense opened its first series with only 10 players on the field. Safety LaRon Landry delivered a crunching hit on Bills running back Fred Jackson, and Buffalo would punt shortly thereafter. The Redskins couldn't have scripted it better.

http://myespn.go.com/profile/hashmarks?tag=sean%20taylor

I can't believe the Bills didn't take a knee, but I like what came of it for the Redskins.
Thanks for posting that.

Thunder Dan
12-02-2007, 01:52 PM
I can't believe the Bills didn't take a knee, but I like what came of it for the Redskins.
Thanks for posting that.

The hoodie would have thrown a deep ball to Moss

SpursFanFirst
12-02-2007, 01:56 PM

:lol probably.

Kriz-Maxima
12-02-2007, 02:00 PM

LMAO he would have.

Jimcs50
12-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Thanks for posting that.

Fred Jackson actually ran 22 yds on that play with 10 players on defense. Nice of Joe Gibbs to do that, but an NFL team will take advantage of the gesture for sure.

Good that their drive stalled

Lincoln
11-27-2012, 01:30 PM
5 year anniversary today, RIP. had a chance to be one of the greatest safeties ever maybe even GOAT. He was just finally getting his act together and was having a pro bowl year. One of the most talented players I've ever seen.

I remember one year against Dallas it was tied and Dal was going for a game winning FG. Well that FG got blocked, Taylor picked it up and returned it for a game winning fg

Bigzax
11-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Time flies...we'd be talkin superbowl with #21 in the secondary. hope his baby girl is doing good these days. she'd be in first grade now like my boy.

Bigzax
11-27-2012, 04:17 PM
and i remember that game too...it was a good game.

Lincoln
11-27-2012, 04:51 PM
They had this thing on espn today about his life story with a lot of commentary from Antrel rolle, Ed Reed, Clinton Portis, and a very emotional santana

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-27-2012, 05:48 PM
we'd be talkin superbowl with #21 in the secondary.

:lmao

11-27-2012, 07:25 PM

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom//img/2010/05/28/sunsbrooklopezgif_20100528102802_0_0.GIF

chunticakes
11-28-2012, 12:51 AM
word.

J.T.
11-28-2012, 12:47 PM
5 year anniversary today, RIP. had a chance to be one of the greatest safeties ever maybe even GOAT. He was just finally getting his act together and was having a pro bowl year. One of the most talented players I've ever seen.

I remember one year against Dallas it was tied and Dal was going for a game winning FG. Well that FG got blocked, Taylor picked it up and returned it for a game winning fg

tbh Bob Sanders was denied a shot at greatest safety ever far more than Taylor was

Trill Clinton
11-28-2012, 12:49 PM
RIP to one of the best to ever do it.

dirk4mvp
11-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Too bad LeBron shit on Cleveland to the tune of making ThunderDan quit the internet.