You must be bored.

ATRAIN
11-26-2007, 01:55 PM
You must be bored.

bored and avoiding work :)

mrsmaalox
11-26-2007, 02:08 PM
bored and avoiding work :)
I feel your pain. I should be out shopping, having lunch, getting my nails done like a good little housewife. Instead I am trapped waiting for the pool guy. But it gives me time to think of the top 10; but I don't think I have 10!

marini martini
11-26-2007, 02:11 PM
I feel your pain. I should be out shopping, having lunch, getting my nails done like a good little housewife. Instead I am trapped waiting for the pool guy. But it gives me time to think of the top 10; but I don't think I have 10!

Fuck, it's a stay in p.j. day for me. Too much sensory overload, this past weekend. :sleep

ATRAIN
11-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Fuck, it's a stay in p.j. day for me. Too much sensory overload, this past weekend. :sleep

sensory overload = alcohol

peewee's lovechild
11-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Los Home Town Boys

peewee's lovechild
11-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Ramon Ayala y Los Bravos del Norte

ATRAIN
11-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Ramon Ayala y Los Bravos del Norte

LOL are you serious?

CuckingFunt
11-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Bands you have seen in concert?Hmmm... I'm a huge music lover, but have never been a huge concert goer (mostly due to time constraints and bad planning). The best of what I have seen (in no particular order):

- The B-52's
- The Pretenders
- X
- Brian Setzer Orchestra
- Tracy Chapman (she was part of a music festival and I somewhat expected her set to be kind of boring despite the fact that I like her music, but she was really good)
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Harry Connick, Jr. (a tad dorky, I'll admit, but he's ridiculously talented and put on a hell of a show)
- Royal Crown Revue (good swing music is just plain fun to see live)
- Southern Culture on the Skids
- The Mars Volta (see addendum)
- Cake

Most of the other bands I've seen that I liked were itty bitty tiny and I don't even remember their names.

Bands that you want to see in concert?That's a tough one.

I'd love to see QOTSA live. And because I got to the most recent Chili Peppers concert late, I only saw a couple of The Mars Volta's songs but they were awesome and I'd love to see them live again.

EDIT: I forgot Cake. So what if my list has eleven. Suck it.

Melmart1
11-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Pool boy in late November? Is this an indoor pool or are you just you know... waiting for the "pool boy" wink-wink.

CuckingFunt
11-26-2007, 02:20 PM
Pool boy in late November? Is this an indoor pool or are you just you know... waiting for the "pool boy" wink-wink.My money's on "wink-wink."

ATRAIN
11-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Top 10 bands I have seen in no particular order

Foo Fighters
Superdrag
Radiohead
Pearl Jam
Travis
The Mars Volta
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Weezer
Queens of The Stone Age
311 (all 7 times I have seen them :) )

I know its 10 but Our Lady Peace ad Stone Temple Pilots are up there too.

mrsmaalox
11-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Pool boy in late November? Is this an indoor pool or are you just you know... waiting for the "pool boy" wink-wink.
I WISH. Nope pool pump still runs in the winter, but while we were gone it rained or something, the pump cut off, shorted out the outside part of our A/C. So the pool guy will check the pump, and fix the problem or I will get to wait on the next guy. The A/C guy.

ATRAIN
11-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Top 9 bands I want to see

Oasis
Silverchair (which I am going to see them tomm)
U2
Interpol
Filter
Rage Against the Machine
Green Day
R.E.M.
N.E.R.D

ATRAIN
11-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Hmmm... I'm a huge music lover, but have never been a huge concert goer (mostly due to time constraints and bad planning). The best of what I have seen (in no particular order):

- The B-52's
- The Pretenders
- X
- Brian Setzer Orchestra
- Tracy Chapman (she was part of a music festival and I somewhat expected her set to be kind of boring despite the fact that I like her music, but she was really good)
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Harry Connick, Jr. (a tad dorky, I'll admit, but he's ridiculously talented and put on a hell of a show)
- Royal Crown Revue (good swing music is just plain fun to see live)
- Southern Culture on the Skids
- The Mars Volta (see addendum)
- Cake

Most of the other bands I've seen that I liked were itty bitty tiny and I don't even remember their names.

That's a tough one.

I'd love to see QOTSA live. And because I got to the most recent Chili Peppers concert late, I only saw a couple of The Mars Volta's songs but they were awesome and I'd love to see them live again.

EDIT: I forgot Cake. So what if my list has eleven. Suck it.

I would like to see Cake again, I saw them open for STP.....THAT was a bad ass show. Hey do you ever go to Coachella?

Melmart1
11-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Top I Have Seen:

Tori Amos
U2
REM
Morrissey
Soundgarden
Duran Duran
The Cure
Mad Season
Smashing Pumpkins (at Sunken Gardens, not the debacle years later at the Coliseum)
Metallica

ATRAIN
11-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Top I Have Seen:

Tori Amos
U2
REM
Morrissey
Soundgarden
Duran Duran
The Cure
Mad Season
Smashing Pumpkins (at Sunken Gardens, not the debacle years later at the Coliseum)
Metallica

Damn I forgot all about Metallica. I might go see Duran Duran at the Austin Music hall in a few weeks.

CuckingFunt
11-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Hey do you ever go to Coachella?

I've never been. They've had some great bands over the years, but I've never made the trip.

ATRAIN
11-26-2007, 02:43 PM
I've never been. They've had some great bands over the years, but I've never made the trip.

You should I went in 05 and the venue is awesome. A little hot since your in the desert but cold at night. It was one of the best concert experiences I have ever experienced.

ATRAIN
11-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Top I Have Seen:

Tori Amos
U2
REM
Morrissey
Soundgarden
Duran Duran
The Cure
Mad Season
Metallica

I never got the chance to see Soundgarden :(

peewee's lovechild
11-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Los Reileros.

peewee's lovechild
11-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Walo y Su Warena.

peewee's lovechild
Juan Gabriel

peewee's lovechild
Los Barron de Apodaca.

marini martini
Los Spanic Boys

CuckingFunt
11-26-2007, 02:49 PM
You should I went in 05 and the venue is awesome. A little hot since your in the desert but cold at night. It was one of the best concert experiences I have ever experienced.The venue I've always wanted to experience is Red Rocks. I've been to the amphitheater, but only during the day. I think it would be just awesome to see someone there.

peewee's lovechild
11-26-2007, 02:52 PM
Los Spanic Boys

Now you've crossed the line you liquored up cow.

ATRAIN
11-26-2007, 02:54 PM
The venue I've always wanted to experience is Red Rocks. I've been to the amphitheater, but only during the day. I think it would be just awesome to see someone there.

Yeah one of my friends lives in Denver and he has been to the Red Rocks a few times. One of my fav. live cd's is Dave Matthews Band Live at the Red Rocks. I might go up there in feb depending on what shows are on.

Melmart1
11-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Yeah one of my friends lives in Denver and he has been to the Red Rocks a few times. One of my fav. live cd's is Dave Matthews Band Live at the Red Rocks. I might go up there in feb depending on what shows are on.
U2 has an excellent live album from Red Rocks as well.

ATRAIN
11-26-2007, 02:59 PM
U2 has an excellent live album from Red Rocks as well.

I have not heard it, maybe you should hook me up with a copy. :)

Melmart1
11-26-2007, 03:00 PM
I have not heard it, maybe you should hook me up with a copy. :)
I only have it on vinyl :lol I wouldn't know how to copy that. Sorry.

ATRAIN
11-26-2007, 03:02 PM
I only have it on vinyl :lol I wouldn't know how to copy that. Sorry.

LOL well I actually have the equip to do that, but thats cool ill just find it online :).

marini martini
11-26-2007, 03:46 PM
Now you've crossed the line you liquored up cow.

This band is real, horney toad! You don't want to piss me off today :nope

Barbarian
11-26-2007, 05:10 PM
1. NIN
2. Tool (Best live show hands down) I can't believe I missed them in Austin a couple of weeks ago.
3.Korn
4. Aerosmith (not a big fan, but a pretty good show)
5. A Perfect Circle
6. U2
7. Staind
8. Deftones
9. Rage Against the machine
10. Incubus

peewee's lovechild
11-26-2007, 05:46 PM
This band is real, horney toad! You don't want to piss me off today :nope

I can handle an angry drunk.

jman3000
11-26-2007, 05:53 PM
i dont even know if ive seen 10 bands live... crap....

queens of the stone age
the mars volta
the protomen
tiger army
nekromantix
death from above 1979
Nine Inche Nails
mastodon
Against Me
horse the band

i think those are actually every band ive ever seen...not counting the bunches of local bands ive seen.

jman3000
11-26-2007, 05:54 PM
i forgot i saw system of a down.. but that show sucked balls.

shelshor
11-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Red Rocks is one of my top 3 favorite places to see concerts; if you have a chance to see anyone there, take it

Favorites
Grateful Dead
Jimi Hendrix
Otis Redding
Pink Martini
Go
The Who
Pink Floyd
Jefferson Airplane
Janis Joplin--with both Big Brother and Full Tilt
several performances of the Oregon Symohony on their good nights

Wish I had seen
B-52s
Miles Davis
The Doors
U2
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Buffalo Springfield
Talking Heads
The Chicago Symphony when Reiner was conducting
ZZ Top
Eurythmics

Saw, but wish I hadn't:
Kiss
Jefferson Starship
Donovan
Devo
Joni Mitchell

CuckingFunt
11-26-2007, 06:03 PM
Favorites
Pink Martini

Wish I had seen
B-52s

I could have seen Pink Martini in September at my school for super cheap and I completely spazzed out and forgot (ditto Thurston Moore solo for free). I'm still pissed at myself.

And, The B-52's still tour (I think) and are still awesome. Their new songs aren't great, but if you ever get a chance to see them you should still take it. I've seen them ten times in 15 years in various sizes/types of venues and every single show has been amazing.

CuckingFunt
11-26-2007, 06:05 PM
Remembered another group that I forgot to put on the list, but was surprisingly fun to see: Deee-Lite. I'm not usually a big techno/dance fan, but I saw them in a tiny club in Hollywood when I was still in high school and thought they were fantastic.

peewee's lovechild
11-26-2007, 06:09 PM
I seriously want to see The Shins in concert.

I just really dig their music.

duncan228
11-26-2007, 06:40 PM
Favorites:

Bruce Springsteen
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (Great show everytime I saw them except once. Also the tour they did with Bob Dylan was great.)
Aerosmith (Always a good show, both before they got sober and after.)
U2
Billy Joel
Elton John
Pink Floyd

Wish I'd seen:

The Who
Van Halen (with Roth.)
The Rolling Stones (Saw Keith Richards solo but never got to see the Stones.)
The Doors
Led Zepplin

There's more, I need to think, it's been a while since I did concerts.

LuvBones
11-26-2007, 06:50 PM
I didn't even know you liked 311 Atrain! When was the last time you saw them? I was at the concert in Austin at the Backyard.. it was awesome! I'd say that concert and Incubus (also at the Backyard) were my favorites. It was awesome seeing them so close up! I love those intimate type concerts because you can get real close to the stage. I saw Flyleaf at Stubb's before they started playing them on the radio and I loved it there. I could grab the singer's feet if I wanted to. =)

cornbread
11-26-2007, 10:15 PM
No particular order:

Black Crowes
G3 show in 1997- Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson
Smashing Pumpkins
Metallica
311 (6 times)
Bob Dylan
Tool
The Pixies
Tom Petty
Halloween Show 2006 - Norma Jean, Between the Buried and Me

mrsmaalox
11-26-2007, 10:38 PM
After much thought:
#1 absolutely without a doubt Steely Dan x2
#2 Donald Fagen (Kamakiriad tour) (I wanted to have his baby, but he wouldn't give up the "specimen" ) :lol
#3 The Eagles
and then the others in no particular order: Police, B-52's, EricClapton, DuranDuran, The Rastrelli Cello Quartet, The Fabulous Thunderbirds, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, The Wallflowers, The Greenhornes with Holly Golightly

cherylsteele
11-27-2007, 04:09 AM
I have seen:
The Charlie Daniels Band (twice)
Alabama
Reba McIntire
Mr. Big
Scorpions
The Marshall Tucker Band

Wish I had seen:
Lynyrd Skynyrd (original lineup)
Molly Hatchet
Billy Joel
and many others

Xylus
11-27-2007, 04:47 AM
Best Concerts:
Flogging Molly
Muse
U2
The Darkness
Modest Mouse
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
The Doobie Brothers

Bands I Need to See:
Sigur Ros
Scissor Sisters
Interpol
Queens of the Stone Age
Daft Punk
Metallica
Radiohead

Worst Shows I've Seen:
System of a Down/Mars Volta -- the former was lifeless and the latter was incomprehensible
Korn/Puddle of Mudd -- the former was painfully mediocre and the latter sucks giant balls

AlamoSpursFan
11-27-2007, 06:32 AM
Those of you who haven't experienced Reckless Kelly at Gruene Hall really should. 12/30/07.

My Faves:

Reckless Kelly (More times than I can remember...easily into the 100's)

Rush (10)

Whitesnake (6)

Scorpions (4)

Pink Floyd (2, once eye level with The Pigs at the Erwin Center, and once FRC at the Alamodome. I'm not sure which was more intense, I was stoned out of my gourd at the Erwin Center show (Momentary Lapse Of Reason Tour) and I think Dave Gilmour was staring at Mrs. ASF's impressive rack the whole time at the Alamodome show. :lol )

Metallica (2)

David Lee Roth (2)

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (2)

Queensryche (2, and 1 instore meet-and-greet at the Sound Warehouse on San Pedro before they opened for Metallica on the And Justice For All tour, where Scott Rockenfield asked me what song I wanted to hear that night. I said "Queen Of The Reich". He said, "Hmmm...I'll see what I can do." They opened the show with it. I know the playlist was already set, but it was still cool hearing it after I asked a member of the band to play it! [/tangent] )

Pantera (1)

Worst show ever: Poison, opening for DLR, Skyscraper Tour, Hemisfair Arena. They were all drunker than Cooter Brown. They muddled through a couple of barely recognizable Poison tunes, then C.C. DeVille started playing one song and Bret Michaels started singing another. Slurred F-bombs flew just before something happened I had always heard about but never actually witnessed: they were booed off the stage. :lol

ATRAIN
11-27-2007, 08:27 AM
i dont even know if ive seen 10 bands live... crap....

queens of the stone age
the mars volta
the protomen
tiger army
nekromantix
death from above 1979
Nine Inche Nails
mastodon
Against Me
horse the band

i think those are actually every band ive ever seen...not counting the bunches of local bands ive seen.

I hate you got getting to see Death From Above 1979

ATRAIN
11-27-2007, 08:31 AM
I seriously want to see The Shins in concert.

I just really dig their music.

I really love their newest cd. I have to be in the mood when listening to them though. Its a little too much on the mellow side.

ATRAIN
11-27-2007, 08:34 AM
I didn't even know you liked 311 Atrain! When was the last time you saw them? I was at the concert in Austin at the Backyard.. it was awesome! I'd say that concert and Incubus (also at the Backyard) were my favorites. It was awesome seeing them so close up! I love those intimate type concerts because you can get real close to the stage. I saw Flyleaf at Stubb's before they started playing them on the radio and I loved it there. I could grab the singer's feet if I wanted to. =)

I missed them the last time they were here so its been about a year. I saw them at the backyard about 2 years ago. Have seen them at the music hall about or 5 times. I also saw them in Corpus. Its around 7 times that I have seen them. I got to meet most of the band too, they are some cool guys. One of these days im going to 311 day which they usually hold in New Orleans.