PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum: Wrong Play

LakeShow
11-26-2007, 07:15 PM
I was so relieved to see this article today. I thought Phil Jackson was loosing his fucking Mind! Rad taking the final shot when he hadn't made a shot all night?

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-28-321/Andrew-Bynum--Wrong-Play.html

Andrew Bynum: Wrong Play

November 26, 2007 5:45 PM

Andrew Bynum is winning fans. As he matures, he has begun to impress.

But that doesn't mean there won't be stumbles along the way.

The Orange County Register's Kevin Ding reports that in last night's nail-biting loss to the Nets, the key Laker play was marred by the fact that Andrew Bynum didn't know what he was supposed to be doing.

Andrew Bynum made a colossal mistake on the game's final play of the Lakers' 102-100 loss to the New Jersey Nets on Sunday night at Staples Center, misreading Phil Jackson's diagram to set up a potential winning shot for Derek Fisher's hot hand. ...

Bynum accepted responsibility afterward.

"Honestly when we drew up the play, I thought that I was supposed to set the pick for Vlade for the three," Bynum said.

"Really, he (Jackson) wanted me to face the ball and get it on the inbound -- you know how the defense falls asleep -- and then Fish steps back inbounds and I was supposed to give it right back. But the way he (Jackson) diagrammed it, I thought I was supposed to set the pick for Vlade."

Jackson's way might have worked perfectly if Bynum had gone to get the inbound pass and given the ball to Fisher, who made 8 of 10 shots on the night for a season-high 20 points.

New Jersey's Antoine Wright left Fisher, the inbounder, to double-team Bryant at the top of the floor, so Fisher would have been wide open.

Jackson acknowledged he wanted Bynum to get the ball on the play.

"We were hoping it could be Drew, actually, to be honest with you," Jackson said. "He had a 4- or 5-inch advantage on the guy who was in the post. But it's a multiple situation. Kobe's the hot guy, the key guy, but if they chase him, someone's open."

Bryant walked off the floor with his palms up in helplessness, looking Jackson's way.

I am sure there are some coaches out there who will say that it was the coaching staff's job to make it crystal clear to Bynum that he knew he was supposed to be catching the ball. I don't know what they said. I wasn't there. But I bet they'll be clearer next time.

But watch the play. Here's the hilarious and disappointing part: Bynum says he thought he was supposed to "pick for Vlade" but the video reveals he didn't even really do that.

Los Angeles Lakers, Andrew Bynum

monosylab1k
11-26-2007, 07:20 PM
but what do you think of Steve Francis' playing time?

LakeShow
11-27-2007, 12:32 PM
but what do you think of Steve Francis' playing time?

What do you think about SUCK ASS Fans that try to be liked on a rivals forum?

Cue 3 stooges, 5.4.3.... :lol

stretch
11-27-2007, 12:37 PM
What do you think about SUCK ASS Fans that try to be liked on a rivals forum?

Cue 3 stooges, 5.4.3.... :lol
What do you think about fans who fake as fans of other teams to talk crap on an internet forum, to avoid inevitable ownage?

LakeShow
11-27-2007, 12:44 PM
What do you think about fans who fake as fans of other teams to talk crap on an internet forum, to avoid inevitable ownage?

The same thing I think about guys who compare drinking flat beer to drinking Pube sweat~ Disgusting!

Medvedenko
11-27-2007, 06:01 PM
What's going on with this thread...I though it was about A-bomb and we got pubes and drinking the sweat from said pubes.....

LakeShow
11-27-2007, 06:21 PM
What's going on with this thread...I though it was about A-bomb and we got pubes and drinking the sweat from said pubes.....

Suckass mavs fans again. They think they're scoring points with spurs fans when talking crazy to fans of other teams. When they do that, i'll just throw up quotes taken from their posts from now on. That was a quote from the person it was directed to. Sick, I know!

monosylab1k
11-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Suckass mavs fans again. They think they're scoring points with spurs fans when talking crazy to fans of other teams. When they do that, i'll just throw up quotes taken from their posts from now on. That was a quote from the person it was directed to. Sick, I know!
So are you pleased with Battier's contributions so far this season? Can they survive another T-Mac injury?

LakeShow
11-27-2007, 07:04 PM
So are you pleased with Battier's contributions so far this season? Can they survive another T-Mac injury?

How do you feel about doing all that kissing ass and still being treated like you're an rival fan? Oh yeah,

fuck it, it's what I should have expected. As long as we shit on the Suns fans it's "well gee you Mav fans ain't so bad" but as soon as the Mavs win one meaningless regular season game and Rosen doesn't get the kneepads out for the Spurs Dynasty it's back to "you have no clue WTF you're talking about ya douchebag Mav fan".

delete thread. this was the worst idea ever. :cry

monosylab1k
11-28-2007, 12:41 AM
Well at least I can say I've never sold out my own team and pretended to be a Lakers fan on a Spurs site.

You're a disgrace to all Rockets fans.

Medvedenko
11-28-2007, 01:04 AM
Easy there Mono....no big deal being a fan of 2 teams....

dirk4mvp
11-28-2007, 01:06 AM

It kind of is when you sign up on a board pretending to be a Laker fan so the title smack is to your advantage...

monosylab1k
11-28-2007, 01:22 AM
He's not a fan of two teams. He's a Rockets fan posing as a Lakers fan just so that he can scoreboard Spurs fans.

san antonio spurs
11-28-2007, 01:45 AM
He's not a fan of two teams. He's a Rockets fan posing as a Lakers fan just so that he can scoreboard Spurs fans.
what's up with your inferiority complex???

monosylab1k
11-28-2007, 09:59 AM
what's up with your inferiority complex???
don't you have some lurking to do?

Medvedenko
11-28-2007, 01:15 PM
Who cares about scoreboard....it only matters what's happening now...not in the damn past. Granted it's nice to get perspective, like when Shaq was in his prime to where he is now...but all that really matters and should matter is today.

CavsSuperFan
11-28-2007, 01:43 PM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/adc/10104320A~Vivien-Leigh-Gone-with-the-Wind-Posters.jpg

As God is my witness, they're not going to lick me... I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again....For tomorrow, tomorrow is another day!

Purple & Gold
11-29-2007, 10:41 AM
Bynum's young, he will make mistakes. But already he's a difference maker and will end up being a big time problem for the rest of the League.

Sportcamper
11-29-2007, 01:47 PM
According to the Jamaica Gleaner News...Andrew Bynum is on his way to be the best True Center in the NBA... :elephant

Purple & Gold
11-30-2007, 02:04 AM
Outplayed Camby. :wow :wow