PDA

View Full Version : Game Thoughts: Spurs @ Kings - Nov. 26

timvp
11-27-2007, 01:37 AM
This loss against the Sacramento Kings wasn’t that surprising or worrisome. There are some aspects that are frustrating but if you look at the big picture, it’s basically your run of the mill regular season loss. The Spurs were playing their fifth game in seven nights and were doing so on the road against a team that hadn’t played since Friday.

You also have to give props to Beno Udrih. The much maligned former Spurs backup point guard played a very good game for the Kings. He had 27 points, five assists and made 8-of-12 shots from the field. Udrih was obviously geared up for this game and showed the Spurs what could have been. Honestly, though, his play didn’t surprise me in the least. What made his up-and-down career as a Spur so frustrating was the fact that he’s obviously a very talented player, he just never was able to fit into the system in San Antonio.

The defense on a whole was again poor for the Spurs. Allowing the Kings to shoot 55.1% from the field is unacceptable. Hopefully the last two games will be the wakeup call needed to get the Spurs’ defense to step up.

-I thought Tim Duncan came to play for the most part. His offense was good enough for the Spurs to win. He had some aggressive moves on the low block. His defense was also not that horrible, although admittedly it could have been a lot better. The main critique against Duncan tonight was his rebounding. Five rebounds in 34 minutes doesn’t cut it. Overall though, Duncan wasn’t responsible for the loss – he played well enough.

-Manu Ginobili was one of the many Spurs who was obviously tired in this game. His legs just weren’t there. You have to credit Ginobili for still giving effort despite the fatigue. He had seven assists and six rebounds, but made just 3-of-12 shots from the field. Ginobili also had a really poor start to the second half. When he entered the game, the Spurs were down three points. Two turnovers and two missed shots by Ginobili later and the Kings were up 13 points in the blink of an eye. The Spurs were never able to legitimately threaten again.

-Tony Parker had a really troubling night. It’s as if he was the only player in the building who wasn’t expecting Udrih to come out juiced up. I’m hoping it was just a matter of fatigue, and it probably was, but it was disappointing to see Parker not put more effort on either side of the court. Parker did lead the team in rebounds with seven. But truthfully, those were fluke rebounds. He was just getting the rebounds he was supposed to get. The seven assists were nice, but he negated the passing by hitting only 5-of-13 shots from the field and turning the ball over four times.

-Bruce Bowen might be the only Spur able to leave Arco Arena with his head held high. He played fantastic defense against Kevin Martin. Martin, who came into the game averaging over 25 points per contest, went without a field goal in the first half of play. Bowen also hit 4-of-6 field goal attempts, including some difficult shots around the rim. Bowen didn’t play fatigued at all and probably should have seen more court time.

-Fabricio Oberto had his fifth straight really solid outing. Tonight he finished with 13 points and six rebounds in 25 minutes of action. Over his last five games, Oberto is averaging 8.6 points and 7.6 rebounds in 23.6 minutes per game. That is amazing production from Oberto in limited minutes. If he plays anywhere close to as well the rest of the league, the Spurs will be ecstatic.

-Michael Finley didn’t have a great game but it was a respectable outing. He fought Ron Artest hard on the defensive end of the court. He didn’t back down and stayed right with him when they were matched up. Offensively, his three-point shooting late was the reason the Spurs made it even a respectable game in the fourth quarter. It’d be nice if he could shoot for a better percentage overall (3-for-11 from the field tonight) but at least he shot well at the end.

-Brent Barry didn’t play as well as he had been playing as of late. He hit only 2-of-7 shots from the field and didn’t dent the stat sheet much in his 23 minutes on the court. His defense was also a step slow as the Kings overtly attacked him on that end. Barry also played a bit fatigued but unlike a lot of other players, he doesn’t have as good of an excuse to be tired.

-Matt Bonner’s game is back on the upswing. I wouldn’t say he played well but he was at least less horrible than he was during an earlier stretch this season. Back-to-back decent showings is a step in the right direction for Bonner. Six points and four rebounds in 14 minutes is about all you can expect out of him.

-Darius Washington may have found a role on the Spurs tonight. When the team is playing uninspiring, lackluster ball, Washington is a good player to put into the game and try to create a spark. He played moderately well against the Kings with eight points, two rebounds, one assist, one steal and no turnovers in ten minutes of action. There will be other games where the Spurs are asleep, so if Washington can be the human shot in the arm, it could buy him a role on the squad.

-I wasn’t too impressed with how Jacque Vaughn played tonight. He could have made some noise by pressuring Udrih but didn’t do so effectively. On the offensive end of the court, he forced up a couple bad shots. Vaughn could have made a difference tonight but he didn’t.

-Ime Udoka played pretty well tonight for the Spurs. He hit 3-of-4 shots in seven minutes and his defense was as active as it has been all season. Too bad Udoka can’t play the Kings every night. On the season, he’s 7-for-12 from the field against the Kings in two games. Against the rest of the league, he’s 6-for-23.

-For the second straight game and the third time in the last four games, Francisco Elson was relegated to garbage time. The root of his problem may be the injury to his face. He cracked an orbital bone in the offseason and he’s been playing tentatively as of late, which has earned him more time on the bench.

-You have to wonder why Pop didn’t throw a full court trap on Udrih, which as Spurs fans we know would have been effective. Perhaps Pop knew his team was too tired to do so, which is mildly understandable. I’ll give Pop credit for not panicking and going all out to win a game in November. He kept the minutes low for the starters and used his bench to try to win the game. Inserting Washington was a nice move and had good results. Pop does have to start demanding better defense out of the team. The Spurs are letting teams shoot way to well from the field. It’s not quite time to clamp down and go into playoff mode but the Spurs need to stop letting teams shoot above 50% against them on a regular basis.

kobe_bryant
11-27-2007, 01:45 AM
beno ripped you guys a new one

Darkwaters
11-27-2007, 01:47 AM
I was impressed with Darius tonight. The Kings can keep Beno, I want Darius instead. He seems to be a Spurs type player already and could be the solution to the back up PG position for several years to come.

SRJ
11-27-2007, 01:48 AM
But truthfully, those were fluke rebounds. He was just getting the rebounds he was supposed to get.

Somewhere, SpursDynasty is smiling.

Great recap, timvp. Nothing to add to that.

Except Beno sucks.

Buddy Holly
11-27-2007, 01:51 AM
I just want Pop to sit Jacque back down, less time for that guy. Seriously.

BeerIsGood!
11-27-2007, 02:07 AM
The good news is that Oberto seems to be halfway interested during this part of the season. It's nice to have a big outside of TD who is very much capable of catching a pass and laying it in the hole.

T Park
11-27-2007, 02:30 AM
November loss.

Nothing more.

No less dissapointing than losing to Dallas or Houston.

Move along.

fred33
11-27-2007, 02:40 AM
Sacramento 3days Of Rest San Antonio 3 Games In 4 Says

SenorSpur
11-27-2007, 02:43 AM
While the Spurs were obviously fatigued on this back end of a B2B, Pop turned to his bench to provide a spark. Washington, Udoka and Bonner were particularly impressive. In fact, the Spurs made their critical run to cut the deficit with these guys on the court. Makes you wonder why Pop didn't go with them for a longer stretch. Because the Spurs ARE an older team, it also makes you wonder why Pop doesn't get more mileage out of the bench, instead of relying so heavily on his starters.

polandprzem
11-27-2007, 03:39 AM
timvp1. - Beno sucks in all aspects of basketball on and off the court

timvp2. - Beno is talented player, he just did not fit into the spurs system, and have not much playing time behing Tony.

There are definately two timvp's
Or there is LJ and timvp?

:shootme

polandprzem
11-27-2007, 03:41 AM
November loss.
Nothing more.
No less dissapointing than losing to Dallas or Houston.

Move along.

If there was a win I would move on as well.

:ihit

WalterBenitez
11-27-2007, 04:34 AM
Good analyze TIMVP, but that Beno's performance for me a surprise, since mostly of us considered that Beno sucks!!!

POP's system isn't perfect, isn't motivating some kind of players; we can see how former spurs are shinning!

Kori Ellis
11-27-2007, 04:38 AM
timvp1. - Beno sucks in all aspects of basketball on and off the court

timvp2. - Beno is talented player, he just did not fit into the spurs system, and have not much playing time behing Tony.

There are definately two timvp's
Or there is LJ and timvp?

:shootme

Or you can't read.

timvp has always said Beno was talented ... just that he was lazy and didn't want to work here.

polandprzem
11-27-2007, 04:49 AM
Or you can't read.

timvp has always said Beno was talented ... just that he was lazy and didn't want to work here.

hehe you corrected your typos :D

That's the timvp - he is always secured.
That is sneaky cuse he can say that Bano sucks and on other thread you can say that he is real good when you give him specific conditions.

That is all good both ways. You can piss off Beno lovers or look smart when Beno is having a good night.

It's not like do do agree with timvp or anything here is wrong. But makes me wonder damn Kori's husband is untouchable ;)

(bringing right words on right occasions)

Like it was on our worst pick of the snd round ...

Kori Ellis
11-27-2007, 04:52 AM
hehe you corrected your typos :D

That's the timvp - he is always secured.
That is sneaky cuse he can say that Bano sucks and on other thread you can say that he is real good when you give him specific conditions.

That is all good both ways. You can piss off Beno lovers or look smart when Beno is having a good night.

It's not like do do agree with timvp or anything here is wrong. But makes me wonder damn Kori's husband is untouchable ;)

(bringing right words on right occasions)

Like it was on our worst pick of the snd round ...

You really don't make any sense. timvp (and tons of other people on the board) have always said that Beno is talented enough to play well in the NBA. He just didn't practice hard, got hurt all the time, partied too much, didn't care about working on his game, and felt sorry for himself. And for those reasons, he sucked in San Antonio.

atxrocker
11-27-2007, 05:03 AM
lmao @ tpark. whata great sport. :rolleyes

polandprzem
11-27-2007, 05:03 AM
You really don't make any sense. timvp (and tons of other people on the board) have always said that Beno is talented enough to play well in the NBA. He just didn't practice hard, got hurt all the time, partied too much, didn't care about working on his game, and felt sorry for himself. And for those reasons, he sucked in San Antonio.

That is correct and I do agree with this statment!

I too was realy high on Beno when he was picked by the spurs as many here on this board. I lost the desire when Pop lost it and Beno in the first place.

Tonight it was looking like Beno showed some guts he lacked being here. Is it a fluke? I belive so.
Good for him that he found a place he can contribute, but we all wondering if he could do better as a spurs. Although I remember when jason hart left the spurs. He had some good games as well, then he lost somwhere I do not know where.

back to timvp
It's nothing wrong what he said. I do not mind his post cause I mostly agree with this gentelman. But sometimes you can separate his thought on one player and then you can get emotional. And this guy loves it.
You do LJ you do :D

exc - Beno sucks!
then may posters go - wtf! he is not sucking :blah blah blah blah and there go avalanche.
I'm not talking about me - I'm talking about many posters who are getting too emotional on timvp's words.

I still feel I did not expalined it :depressed

shit

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-27-2007, 05:34 AM
If I'm correct, you are saying that many people misinterpret what timvp says about Beno, that is:

timvp (and tons of other people on the board) have always said that Beno is talented enough to play well in the NBA. He just didn't practice hard, got hurt all the time, partied too much, didn't care about working on his game, and felt sorry for himself. And for those reasons, he sucked in San Antonio.

and that misinterpretation results in an "avalanche" of arguments. Is that what you're getting at?

sendman
11-27-2007, 06:14 AM

Are you saying that Udrih is capable of dropping 27 on the Spurs without hard practice, injured, without working on his game and straigt from the club?
He was all of the above and more in many eyes. And then he was able to shape himself up in 20 days with Kings? And he had a broken finger during that time.

He is not only a Viking, he is God himself.

He suddenly got a wake up call after Spurs dropped him? You really believe that?

I know that you have a problem with Udrih's statements about his time in SA.
How about this one:
Udrih isn't the only one who believes he was mishandled in San Antonio. Popovich believes it, too.

"I did a poor job of creating an environment where he could get better," Popovich said. "He's a natural at the position. I just wish I had done a better job with him."

I guess Pop is a bigger man then many of you and he can admit that he was wrong. And I guess he knows things better then any of you haters. He was there.

And now the real reasons for Udrih hate on this board in no particular order:

- Man-purse
- Bling
- Clubbin
- Having success with ladies
- MySpace

You can sum them up with one word...JEALOUSY! Pure and simple.

You can see yourselves here:
http://www.tv.com/uservideos/?action=video_player&id=dnI6n2P55bsIszXe

wildchild
11-27-2007, 08:08 AM
The good news is that Oberto seems to be halfway interested during this part of the season. It's nice to have a big outside of TD who is very much capable of catching a pass and laying it in the hole.
:tu

Fabricio Oberto had his fifth straight really solid outing. Tonight he finished with 13 points and six rebounds in 25 minutes of action. Over his last five games, Oberto is averaging 8.6 points and 7.6 rebounds in 23.6 minutes per game. That is amazing production from Oberto in limited minutes. If he plays anywhere close to as well the rest of the league, the Spurs will be ecstatic.

to Bruno from Fabi :wow

travis2
11-27-2007, 08:10 AM
Sounds like it was a good thing I went to bed early last night instead of watching the game...

MagnusKrauss
11-27-2007, 08:58 AM
More Dwash & Ime please!

Seriously, I just think it was time for a loss.

With the defense on the decline, it was nice of Pop to show the players what it feels like when you're not playing well defensively.

Bowen did a nice job on KMart jr. however, we can't expect him to play everyone. the rest of the guys need to step up.

and yes, what the hell is wrong with Timmy's rebounding?

1Parker1
11-27-2007, 08:59 AM
The main critique against Duncan tonight was his rebounding. Five rebounds in 34 minutes doesn’t cut it.

Well, it's hard to get many defensive rebounds when the other team is shooting 55.1% :lol :(

urunobili
11-27-2007, 09:08 AM
D-Wash is our future short term Parker's substitute.. i REALLY liked his poise... do anyone have a gif or video of the three point shot he made at the end of the third quarter? i liked Pop not forcing a win in November... and btw... thank you timvp i gotta confess that i am starting to read your after games recaps with more attention than espn's or nba's stuff :tu same level as i used to read ludden's....

ArgSpursFan.
11-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Let's Not Forget It Was The Fifth Game In 7 Days,ok?
The Spurs Are The Oldest And More Experienced Team In The League,so We Lost A Game We Were Suppost To Lose After So Many Games In Few Days.
This Is A Team Biulded To Win A Championship,not To Get A Great Reg Season Record.
So As Far As We Get To The Playoffs Healthy I'll Be Cool With It, Regardless Of The Reg Season Record.

some_user86
11-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Let's Not Forget It Was The Fifth Game In 7 Days,ok?
The Spurs Are The Oldest And More Experienced Team In The League,so We Lost A Game We Were Suppost To Lose After So Many Games In Few Days.
This Is A Team Biulded To Win A Championship,not To Get A Great Reg Season Record.
So As Far As We Get To The Playoffs Healthy I'll Be Coll With It, Regardless Of The Reg Season Record.

WTF is up with the Excess Capitalization?

ArgSpursFan.
11-27-2007, 09:38 AM
WTF is up with the Excess Capitalization?

I've being Capitalazing my game lately.

AFBlue
11-27-2007, 09:44 AM
When I was watching the game, I thought the Spurs looked lathargic and disintrested on the whole. But, after the realization that the Spurs were playing their 5th game in 7 days and that they were coming off an almost flawless performance the night before, I realized there was sure to be some letdown.

Bad loss, but maybe it has a better long-term effect. Maybe Pop lights a fire under their asses on defense, maybe Udoka and Washington get more burn over struggling guys like Finley and Vaughn. Tough loss, but maybe some good can come of it.

My personal observation about last night's game.....the defense has been consistently poor (by Spurs standards), and last night the Spurs didn't make enough shots on offense to overcome their defensive lapses.

703 Spurz
11-27-2007, 09:47 AM
beno ripped you guys a new one

Not gunna win all of 'em y'know?

SAGambler
11-27-2007, 09:55 AM
Fully expected a bad game had to come, so not dissappointed in the loss, only that I stayed up half the night to watch it.

One problem with Beno here. The steal Washington made on him...Pop would have immediately called time out and benched him. Sometimes being in the dog house works, but a lot of the time it doesn't. Look at all the time Malik spent in Pops doghouse. Sometimes it is best to let them play through it. Maybe Pop has finally learned this. His statement re Beno seems to indicate he knows he may have screwed the pooch on it.

As to JV, he just scares the hell out of me when he is on the court and I certainly hope Washington gets more time as TPs backup. He showed a lot of hustle and the ability to score last night.

SpursFanFirst
11-27-2007, 10:46 AM
This loss against the Sacramento Kings wasn’t that surprising or worrisome. There are some aspects that are frustrating but if you look at the big picture, it’s basically your run of the mill regular season loss. The Spurs were playing their fifth game in seven nights and were doing so on the road against a team that hadn’t played since Friday.

You also have to give props to Beno Udrih. The much maligned former Spurs backup point guard played a very good game for the Kings. He had 27 points, five assists and made 8-of-12 shots from the field. Udrih was obviously geared up for this game and showed the Spurs what could have been. Honestly, though, his play didn’t surprise me in the least. What made his up-and-down career as a Spur so frustrating was the fact that he’s obviously a very talented player, he just never was able to fit into the system in San Antonio.

The defense on a whole was again poor for the Spurs. Allowing the Kings to shoot 55.1% from the field is unacceptable. Hopefully the last two games will be the wakeup call needed to get the Spurs’ defense to step up.

-I thought Tim Duncan came to play for the most part. His offense was good enough for the Spurs to win. He had some aggressive moves on the low block. His defense was also not that horrible, although admittedly it could have been a lot better. The main critique against Duncan tonight was his rebounding. Five rebounds in 34 minutes doesn’t cut it. Overall though, Duncan wasn’t responsible for the loss – he played well enough.

-Manu Ginobili was one of the many Spurs who was obviously tired in this game. His legs just weren’t there. You have to credit Ginobili for still giving effort despite the fatigue. He had seven assists and six rebounds, but made just 3-of-12 shots from the field. Ginobili also had a really poor start to the second half. When he entered the game, the Spurs were down three points. Two turnovers and two missed shots by Ginobili later and the Kings were up 13 points in the blink of an eye. The Spurs were never able to legitimately threaten again.

-Tony Parker had a really troubling night. It’s as if he was the only player in the building who wasn’t expecting Udrih to come out juiced up. I’m hoping it was just a matter of fatigue, and it probably was, but it was disappointing to see Parker not put more effort on either side of the court. Parker did lead the team in rebounds with seven. But truthfully, those were fluke rebounds. He was just getting the rebounds he was supposed to get. The seven assists were nice, but he negated the passing by hitting only 5-of-13 shots from the field and turning the ball over four times.

-Bruce Bowen might be the only Spur able to leave Arco Arena with his head held high. He played fantastic defense against Kevin Martin. Martin, who came into the game averaging over 25 points per contest, went without a field goal in the first half of play. Bowen also hit 4-of-6 field goal attempts, including some difficult shots around the rim. Bowen didn’t play fatigued at all and probably should have seen more court time.

-Fabricio Oberto had his fifth straight really solid outing. Tonight he finished with 13 points and six rebounds in 25 minutes of action. Over his last five games, Oberto is averaging 8.6 points and 7.6 rebounds in 23.6 minutes per game. That is amazing production from Oberto in limited minutes. If he plays anywhere close to as well the rest of the league, the Spurs will be ecstatic.

-Michael Finley didn’t have a great game but it was a respectable outing. He fought Ron Artest hard on the defensive end of the court. He didn’t back down and stayed right with him when they were matched up. Offensively, his three-point shooting late was the reason the Spurs made it even a respectable game in the fourth quarter. It’d be nice if he could shoot for a better percentage overall (3-for-11 from the field tonight) but at least he shot well at the end.

-Brent Barry didn’t play as well as he had been playing as of late. He hit only 2-of-7 shots from the field and didn’t dent the stat sheet much in his 23 minutes on the court. His defense was also a step slow as the Kings overtly attacked him on that end. Barry also played a bit fatigued but unlike a lot of other players, he doesn’t have as good of an excuse to be tired.

-Matt Bonner’s game is back on the upswing. I wouldn’t say he played well but he was at least less horrible than he was during an earlier stretch this season. Back-to-back decent showings is a step in the right direction for Bonner. Six points and four rebounds in 14 minutes is about all you can expect out of him.

-Darius Washington may have found a role on the Spurs tonight. When the team is playing uninspiring, lackluster ball, Washington is a good player to put into the game and try to create a spark. He played moderately well against the Kings with eight points, two rebounds, one assist, one steal and no turnovers in ten minutes of action. There will be other games where the Spurs are asleep, so if Washington can be the human shot in the arm, it could buy him a role on the squad.

-I wasn’t too impressed with how Jacque Vaughn played tonight. He could have made some noise by pressuring Udrih but didn’t do so effectively. On the offensive end of the court, he forced up a couple bad shots. Vaughn could have made a difference tonight but he didn’t.

-Ime Udoka played pretty well tonight for the Spurs. He hit 3-of-4 shots in seven minutes and his defense was as active as it has been all season. Too bad Udoka can’t play the Kings every night. On the season, he’s 7-for-12 from the field against the Kings in two games. Against the rest of the league, he’s 6-for-23.

-For the second straight game and the third time in the last four games, Francisco Elson was relegated to garbage time. The root of his problem may be the injury to his face. He cracked an orbital bone in the offseason and he’s been playing tentatively as of late, which has earned him more time on the bench.

-You have to wonder why Pop didn’t throw a full court trap on Udrih, which as Spurs fans we know would have been effective. Perhaps Pop knew his team was too tired to do so, which is mildly understandable. I’ll give Pop credit for not panicking and going all out to win a game in November. He kept the minutes low for the starters and used his bench to try to win the game. Inserting Washington was a nice move and had good results. Pop does have to start demanding better defense out of the team. The Spurs are letting teams shoot way to well from the field. It’s not quite time to clamp down and go into playoff mode but the Spurs need to stop letting teams shoot above 50% against them on a regular basis.

I haven't read this whole thing yet, but that made me laugh! Cue SpursDynasty.

BgT
11-27-2007, 11:10 AM
polandprzem, I completely understand your frustration after reading post #7 in this (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82247&page=1&pp=26) thread. Some people are just not willing to admit they were wrong.

I admit it. I thought Beno was done. I thought he couldn't play in NBA at the moment and that he is coming back to Europe for sure. I don't like him, even now. I don't want him to see anywhere near Slovenian national team. But I guess he can be a good player, so I admit I was wrong. I don't have to be right all the time and I don't want to make fool out of myself with insults like "I was always saying that, you just can't read."

Bottom line, yeah, Beno, you can be a good player, but you are still not a professional basketball player in your head. We will see if that changes, we will see if you can keep it up.

wildbill2u
11-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Is it fair to keep bringing up that game in the Detroit series a few years ago and state that Beno can't bring the ball up under pressure?

After all, he's had coaching from the great Spurs staff since then which had to improve that part of his game. He really hasn't had much playing time since that series to prove that he can't function as a PG bringing the ball up the court.

If that proves true during his stint with the Kings, then the criticism is fair, but at this point, I don't think it is.

telecomguy
11-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Fully expected a bad game had to come, so not dissappointed in the loss, only that I stayed up half the night to watch it.

One problem with Beno here. The steal Washington made on him...Pop would have immediately called time out and benched him. Sometimes being in the dog house works, but a lot of the time it doesn't. Look at all the time Malik spent in Pops doghouse. Sometimes it is best to let them play through it. Maybe Pop has finally learned this. His statement re Beno seems to indicate he knows he may have screwed the pooch on it.

As to JV, he just scares the hell out of me when he is on the court and I certainly hope Washington gets more time as TPs backup. He showed a lot of hustle and the ability to score last night.

he let Parker and Manu play through litany of errors in their first few years......beno didn't get that benefit of doubt unfortunately

spurschick
11-27-2007, 01:18 PM
-Darius Washington may have found a role on the Spurs tonight. When the team is playing uninspiring, lackluster ball, Washington is a good player to put into the game and try to create a spark.

Which is something we could rarely, if ever, count on from Beno. Nothing personal. Don't know the guy, so I can't say he is a bad person. He simply didn't fit in to our system despite plenty of opportunity to prove himself otherwise.

timvp
11-27-2007, 02:58 PM
Odd note: According to my research, that dunk Udoka had at the end of the game was his first dunk of his NBA career.

:dizzy

bdictjames
11-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Odd note: According to my research, that dunk Udoka had at the end of the game was his first dunk of his NBA career.

:donkey

I like Ime. He has a quick release to his shot. And I thought Duncan was just lazy grabbing those boards.

phxspurfan
11-27-2007, 05:29 PM

Does anyone have a YouTube link of this that they can share?

T Park
11-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Wow really?

Suprising.

IMO, Udoka should get more minutes and just let Finley rest.

We know what Finley brings in the latter part of the season, hes done it two years in a row, no reason to not expect it not to happen again, get Udoka going, and lets see how he works in small ball vs Dallas.

bigfundamental21
11-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Great thoughts again timvp. I halfway expected a loss. We really didn't play all that well in Seattle, but got away with a win. Like others have said, sometimes a loss brings people back to reality. Huge disappointing game for Tony after getting WC Player of the Week. It is the regular season though and we just have to get ready for the next game.

whottt
11-27-2007, 11:05 PM
Wow really?

Suprising.

IMO, Udoka should get more minutes and just let Finley rest.

We know what Finley brings in the latter part of the season,

Newsflash...he sucked the latter half of the season.

Volume shooting role players pretty much suck.

hes done it two years in a row, no reason to not expect it not to happen again, get Udoka going, and lets see how he works in small ball vs Dallas.

Bwahahaha...what a delusional tool you are. I do admit...it's pretty smart of you to start in him in d-league...way to tank to that #1 pick. If you decide you want to attempt winning...I have Barry to trade you for him...just to prove a point. Only if you beg though.

milkyway21
11-27-2007, 11:23 PM
the Spurs are now known as the jetsetters in the NBA.

When the Spurs host the Wizards on Wednesday night, it will mark the 16th consecutive time their game will have been either at home or one game removed from a home game.

At the same time, it'll be the 16th consecutive time their game will have been either on the road or one game removed from a road game.

The early schedule might as well have been made by a ping-pong ball.:lol

One at home, one on the road. One at home, one on the road. One at home, one on the road. Two at home, one on the road. One at home, one on the road. Two at home, two on the road.

Fifteen games, 13 after a flight.

Wednesday makes 16 and 14. Then -- you guessed it -- it's off to Minnesota for a 17th game following a 15th flight.

And December begins at home against Portland, an 18th game following a 16th flight.

If the NBA wanted to turn its showcase team -- the defending champs -- into a traveling show, it's certainly been successful.

thus, they lost to the Kings, a team they supposed to beat. :lol

Walter Craparita
11-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Bonner made some nice shots/rebounds to help get us back in the game. I was happy to see Bonner, Washington, and Udoka do work son.

If Finley wouldn't have hit those threes at the end, get him off the starting lineup imfo.

bdictjames
11-27-2007, 11:30 PM
the Spurs are now known as the jetsetters in the NBA.

When the Spurs host the Wizards on Wednesday night, it will mark the 16th consecutive time their game will have been either at home or one game removed from a home game.

At the same time, it'll be the 16th consecutive time their game will have been either on the road or one game removed from a road game.

The early schedule might as well have been made by a ping-pong ball.:lol

One at home, one on the road. One at home, one on the road. One at home, one on the road. Two at home, one on the road. One at home, one on the road. Two at home, two on the road.

Fifteen games, 13 after a flight.

Wednesday makes 16 and 14. Then -- you guessed it -- it's off to Minnesota for a 17th game following a 15th flight.

And December begins at home against Portland, an 18th game following a 16th flight.

If the NBA wanted to turn its showcase team -- the defending champs -- into a traveling show, it's certainly been successful.

thus, they lost to the Kings, a team they supposed to beat. :lol
Conspiracy?

And we have that usual Rodeo Road Trip as well.

So that's why Duncan's stats have been dipping recently.. those flights are exhausting him.

milkyway21
11-28-2007, 01:39 AM
Conspiracy?

And we have that usual Rodeo Road Trip as well.

So that's why Duncan's stats have been dipping recently.. those flights are exhausting him.nah...

i guess they just want Duncan to travel around his "kingdom" this early in the season :lmao

SAGambler
11-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Bonner made some nice shots/rebounds to help get us back in the game. I was happy to see Bonner, Washington, and Udoka do work son.

If Finley wouldn't have hit those threes at the end, get him off the starting lineup imfo.

I would like to see Ime replacing Fin in the starting 5 by rodeo road trip time. Then bring Fin in with Bonner and Manu on the 2nd unit, which would give Manu some help to spread the defense where they couldn't concentrate solely on Manu. I think Udoka, once he learns the defensive schemes will prove to be a better defender than Fin, while at the same time still posing a 3 pt threat. I think this is the year that Fin is going to have to be put on the 2nd unit if he is to get that 2nd ring.