RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-27-2007, 03:02 AM
A day for upsets! Apart from the Spurs getting handled by Sacto:

Knicks beat Jazz
T-Wolves beat Hornets
Wiz beat Mavs
Warriors beat Suns

5/7 upsets!

(If this belongs in the NBA forum, my bad, but it is tenuously Spurs-related).

Also, our first loss on a back-to-back. Impressive they lasted this long!

And then, of course, there was Beno winning the vBookie! I went the 100-1 shot and got owned. :lol

SAtown
11-27-2007, 03:05 AM
The Wolves were beating a fluke team they're supposed to beat. No surprises there.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-27-2007, 03:18 AM
Paul
Mo Pete
Peja
West
Chandler

Weak bench, but that's no fluke team. they are only losing a few because Paul did his ankle.

Bruno
11-27-2007, 03:43 AM
It's called a 82 games season.
It's really hard to play at 100% during that much games even more that you have sometimes a though schedule. For Spurs, it was the 5th game in 7 days and also b2b on the road.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-27-2007, 03:45 AM
Oh sure, I agree Bruno, but 5/7 big teams being upset is worth commenting on.

Bruno
11-27-2007, 03:55 AM
Oh sure, I agree Bruno, but 5/7 big teams being upset is worth commenting on.

Agree.
It was "the stars were aligned day" for the upsets.

WalterBenitez
11-27-2007, 04:39 AM
Well, there are many ppl happy in NYC, not so much upset around.

ATX Spur
11-27-2007, 04:57 AM
the Wizards beat Dallas without Arenas... :toast

atxrocker
11-27-2007, 05:08 AM
the Wizards beat Dallas without Arenas... :toast

arenas haters would angle this as a trophie victory!

atxrocker
11-27-2007, 05:10 AM
Paul
Mo Pete
Peja
West
Chandler

Weak bench, but that's no fluke team. they are only losing a few because Paul did his ankle.

agreed. cp3 and peja should be fun to watch.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-27-2007, 05:23 AM
So far, this is a very interesting season. More talented teams in the league than there has been for years. :tu

Big surprises for me have been LAC's early run, now cooled off, and Chicago's ineptitude. Boston were always going to be good, although they are better (esp. defensively) than many thought they'd be, and I knew Orlando would put it together one of these years, although I picked it a year early (thought they'd be really good last year).

I wish I had a fantasy team with D. Howard and D Williams! I picked 1st/24th and 2nd/23rd in my leagues and got LeBron with both, but Howard and Williams are my favourite non-Spurs and I would have picked them if I'd drawn mid-first round.

703 Spurz
11-27-2007, 09:58 AM
A day for upsets! Apart from the Spurs getting handled by Sacto:

Knicks beat Jazz
T-Wolves beat Hornets
Wiz beat Mavs
Warriors beat Suns

5/7 upsets!

(If this belongs in the NBA forum, my bad, but it is tenuously Spurs-related).

Also, our first loss on a back-to-back. Impressive they lasted this long!

And then, of course, there was Beno winning the vBookie! I went the 100-1 shot and got owned. :lol

The shitty part is we could've gained a game on basically everyone trailing us for the best record. Instead we all remain where we were before last night's games.

ShoogarBear
11-27-2007, 04:15 PM
arenas haters would angle this as a trophie victory!Wiz are playing much better defense and team offense without Arenas. And Caron Butler has been a beast. Hopefully Gil is paying attention and doesn't play for his free-agent stats when he comes back, but I doubt it.

1Parker1
11-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Butler is a better all around player than Arenas and dare I say more important to the Wiz than Arenas, and it's showing in more than just the stat sheet.

lefty
11-27-2007, 04:50 PM
Sequ > upsets