View Full Version : Parker's take on Beno

SpursFanFirst
11-27-2007, 02:43 PM
http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/522975.html

Udrih, Parker are friends who learned under 'Pop'
By Sam Amick - [email protected]

Last Updated 10:24 am PST Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Story appeared in SPORTS section, Page C5

They were alike in every way but the one that mattered most.

Tony Parker and Beno Udrih were both point guards, both bringing plenty of international flair and a heady understanding of the game since the time they faced off as pre-teens. But while Parker became one of the key pieces to San Antonio's three titles in the last five seasons, Udrih - who faced his old team for the first time Monday night at Arco Arena - was in his shadow for the last three.

"I always thought that Beno was very talented, but he was in a hard situation," Parker said. "We were trying to win championships, and there was a lot of pressure on our team.

"Now he's coming to a situation where they just want him to play and play free, because they have no point guard, so it's very different."

Their similarities went beyond the game and all the way to the bench, where both Parker and Udrih knew better than anyone what it meant to endure the infamous wrath of Spurs coach Gregg Popovich through the years.

"What he went through, I went through, too," Parker said. "I guess I was lucky because I was playing more minutes. But you know, you have to be tough to play for 'Pop,' too."

The question of toughness has followed Udrih from San Antonio to Sacramento.

"That's the question," Parker said, "and we'll see with time."

timvp
11-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Good answers by Parker. Same thoughts as a lot of people in here.

Must be that SpursTalk mob mentality :jack

THE SIXTH MAN
11-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Kudos to Beno for has game last night. I honestly hope he does well in Sacramento.

bdictjames
11-27-2007, 02:50 PM
And people thought what Beno could do best was an average NBA back-up.

I think this kid has it inside him, he has the Spurs spirit but it hasn't gone to full effect. Much like Jax.

SpursFanFirst
11-27-2007, 02:53 PM
I think a lot of people on this site do wish the best for Beno.
He's talented, but he just didn't work in THIS system...it's not for everyone.

But there was another article on this site where Pop apologized for not doing more to help him. I don't think that was necessary. He's a fair coach and treats his players the same, regardless of their status. Either you thrive in this environment, or you don't. If Beno couldn't accept that, then it's best he left.

THE SIXTH MAN
11-27-2007, 02:54 PM
I think a lot of people on this site do wish the best for Beno.
He's talented, but he just didn't work in THIS system...it's not for everyone.

But there was another article on this site where Pop apologized for not doing more to help him. I don't think that was necessary. He's a fair coach and treats his players the same, regardless of their status. Either you thrive in this environment, or you don't. If Beno couldn't accept that, then it's best he left.
:tu

SenorSpur
11-27-2007, 02:58 PM
As I said before in another thread, some guys can take tough coaching, some guys cannot. Beno is a talented player, but somewhat of a mental midget.

MoSpur
11-27-2007, 02:58 PM
"You have to be tough to play for Pop." That says it all. I take it as Tony saying, "Beno isn't tough enough to play for Pop."

ashbeeigh
11-27-2007, 03:33 PM
I was talking to someone about Beno this morning. Along with a lot of the things that have previously been said about him, I think he's someone that needs to be the center of attention. Right now, as the starting PG, he is. But, what happens when Bibby comes back and is ready to go?

Don't get me wrong, I wish him the best, I'm just hoping he doesn't crash and burn.

Kibic
11-27-2007, 03:35 PM
"You have to be tough to play for Pop." That says it all. I take it as Tony saying, "Beno isn't tough enough to play for Pop."

Yes but he say's two things:
"What he went through, I went through, too," Parker said. "I guess I was lucky because I was playing more minutes. But you know, you have to be tough to play for 'Pop,' too."

And one about minutes of play is fact. The other is just bitterness.

NASHville
11-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Well said Tony.

ShoogarBear
11-27-2007, 03:40 PM
One more difference: Parker can do interviews without making a complete and total ass of himself.

ploto
11-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Tony got to play regardless and to learn from and through his mistakes.

How many times have you watched a game and thought-- why is Finley still in there? But he was always given the chance to play- unlike Barry. People know I am no Nazr backer, but why did Nazr get pulled every time he made one mistake? I do not recall that happening to Oberto last year. Some players Pop lets play through their growing pains and others he pulls, and it is hard to figure out why.

ShoogarBear
11-27-2007, 03:46 PM
So thats what you and Beno have incomon.Not the full truth.

I like to stuff myself on breakfast tacos, and can't bring the ball up against full-court pressure.

sendman
11-27-2007, 03:47 PM
Not true.

I like to stuff myself on breakfast tacos, and can't bring the ball up against full-court pressure.
Watch out then, Pop might sign your fat ass.

FromWayDowntown
11-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Yes but he say's two things:

And one about minutes of play is fact. The other is just bitterness.

Bitterness? What does Tony Parker have to be bitter about? It's certainly not as if Beno is the first guy to be sent away from San Antonio (or to lose minutes while in San Antonio) for being noticably soft.

I'd say that the statement "you have to be tough to play for 'Pop,' too" is absolute fact.

FromWayDowntown
11-27-2007, 04:31 PM

How many times have you watched a game and thought-- why is Finley still in there? But he was always given the chance to play- unlike Barry. People know I am no Nazr backer, but why did Nazr get pulled every time he made one mistake? I do not recall that happening to Oberto last year. Some players Pop lets play through their growing pains and others he pulls, and it is hard to figure out why.

I think alot of it has to do with who the player is from a talent standpoint -- more talented players will get more rope; Tony Parker got all kinds of chances to play through mistakes because it was evident that, at 19, 20, and 21, he was an immensely talented player; substantially more talented than anyone who Pop could call upon as a replacement. Other guys don't get the same break because the disparity between them and a backup isn't very significant.

I think the other factor that gets discounted in the headscratching about Pop's dealings with players is the nature of the mistake. I had a coach once tell a team that he could live with mistakes as long as the mistakes were made at full-speed. If you play hard and make a mistake, it's understandable. If you don't play hard because you're afraid to make a mistake and then make a mistake anyway, it's unacceptable. In Pop's system, as long as you play hard (Parker, Ginobili, Oberto, pre-2005 Malik Rose, Rasho (at times) and others) you get chances to live through your mistakes and keep playing. If your mistakes make you a soft (or softer) player, you don't get those chances. I suspect that's a common thread in player management in all professional sports.

AFBlue
11-27-2007, 04:37 PM
I was talking to someone about Beno this morning. Along with a lot of the things that have previously been said about him, I think he's someone that needs to be the center of attention. Right now, as the starting PG, he is. But, what happens when Bibby comes back and is ready to go?

Don't get me wrong, I wish him the best, I'm just hoping he doesn't crash and burn.

Bibby will get traded to the Cavs for Anderson Varajao, Eric Snow, and 2008 1st rd pick.

whottt
11-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Tony Parker doesn't even realize his own toughness...Parker saying he and Beno both faced the wrath of Pop is like saying a guy who got hit by a semi and a guy who got hit by a 10 speed bicycle, both faced the wrath of a moving vehicle...

Parker got it 10 times worse than Beno......which is why he now gets 10 times more respect from Pop than Beno. And the reward is those rings on his fingers...and all the championships we Spurs fans have gotten a chance to enjoy.

Thank you Tony Parker...for being a man :tu

FromWayDowntown
11-27-2007, 04:43 PM
Tony Parker doesn't even realize his own toughness...Parker saying he and Beno both faced the wrath of Pop is like saying a guy who got hit by a semi and a guy who got hit by a 10 speed, both faced the wratch of a moving vehicle...

Parker got it 10 times worse than Beno......which is why he now gets 10 times more respect from Pop than Beno. And the reward is those rings on his fingers...and all the championships we Spurs fans have gotten a chance to enjoy.

That's absolutely true.

ArgSpursFan.
11-27-2007, 04:43 PM
Sometimes people just can't hundle too much presure.
Playing for the spurs there's planty of it.
It comes from the coaching stuff and fans.
I guess Beno was too young to deal with that kind of presure,and going to the Kings will help him out as far as developing his game without such a presure.
After all,It can't get no worst tham the Kings this year,so He's got nothing to lose and alot to gain.
I wish him the best.

VaSpursFan
11-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Tony Parker doesn't even realize his own toughness...Parker saying he and Beno both faced the wrath of Pop is like saying a guy who got hit by a semi and a guy who got hit by a 10 speed bicycle, both faced the wrath of a moving vehicle...

well said...and i totally agree!!!

whottt
11-27-2007, 04:49 PM
I hate to tell all you Beno fans this as well...but Theus is probably going to turn out to be more of a hardass than Pop...he might look like a pretty boy, but he was a tough hardnosed player...who hardly ever missed a game due to injury till he was legitimately too broken down to play...and then he tried to play for a few more years after that. Wait till the honymoon is over before you pronounce it happily ever after.

ShoogarBear
11-27-2007, 04:50 PM
Theus was a point guard, too. That could turn out to be very beneficial for Beno . . . or very bad.

AFBlue
11-27-2007, 04:52 PM
I guess Beno was too young to deal with that kind of presure.

The ultimate bail-out for this kid, but I don't buy it.

Tony was younger when he came into the league, he dealt with the pressure, and came through it an all-star.

There are plenty of examples of young stars dealing with pressure-filled situations that rise to the challenges they face.

Bottom Line: Age has nothing to do with it. There are the "haves" and the "have nots". Beno is a "have not" until he proves otherwise.

whottt
11-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Theus was a point guard, too.

And so was Pop...

whottt
11-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Tony Parker and Beno are the same age...Beno might even be older.

VaSpursFan
11-27-2007, 04:55 PM
beno plays better without pressure or expectations. as soon as the heat gets turned up, he'll fold.

ArgSpursFan.
11-27-2007, 05:18 PM
The ultimate bail-out for this kid, but I don't buy it.

Tony was younger when he came into the league, he dealt with the pressure, and came through it an all-star.

There are plenty of examples of young stars dealing with pressure-filled situations that rise to the challenges they face.

Bottom Line: Age has nothing to do with it. There are the "haves" and the "have nots". Beno is a "have not" until he proves otherwise.

I totally agree,that's why I said ¨some people¨ can't deal with alot of presure. and mostly young people.
But I also putted the Spurs as example coze it's not the same to come to the NBA at the age of 20 playing for the Sonics tham for the Spurs.
A good example of a very young player coming to the NBA to play under no presure could be D.Howard.
He came in in 2005 when the Magics were at the very botton of the Eastern Conference and played under no presure for about 2 yrs.
Now that He's got some experience his team is one of the top teams in the East.

ploto
11-27-2007, 05:26 PM
I hate to tell all you Beno fans this as well...but Theus is probably going to turn out to be more of a hardass than Pop...he might look like a pretty boy, but he was a tough hardnosed player...who hardly ever missed a game due to injury till he was legitimately too broken down to play...and then he tried to play for a few more years after that. Wait till the honymoon is over before you pronounce it happily ever after.
I think the key is consistency. Pop should have stuck with one thing with Beno and ridden it all the way through. Pop himself admits that he tried all sorts of approaches, but I think he shouldn't have. That was his first mistake with Beno. People act as if no one ever yelled at Beno in Europe! It was never about Pop yelling at him. Truth is when Pop quits yelling, it looks like he doesn't care enough even to get mad.

whottt
11-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Ya well Ploto...I got over Pop's mistreatment of Beno and Rasho, as those two trophies got hoisted...with their asses on the bench. Somehow...I just found a way.

whottt
11-27-2007, 05:46 PM
The Spurs are so cheap...if Beno had even come close to approaching Tony's level of play they'd have dumped that contract in a second...get serious.

It's Beno's fault...not Pop's, not the Spurs.

How's Rasho doing in Toronto these days? Is that Pop's fault too?

BeerIsGood!
11-27-2007, 05:52 PM

I agree with that. The only thing I can think of is that Pop decided early on that he was going with Parker, and made sure Parker got top billing. I don't understand a lot of Pops moves, but that org lives and dies with them and so far they've lived to the tune of 4 titles.

whottt
11-27-2007, 05:59 PM
I agree with that. The only thing I can think of is that Pop decided early on that he was going with Parker, and made sure Parker got top billing. I don't understand a lot of Pops moves, but that org lives and dies with them and so far they've lived to the tune of 4 titles.

Parker won Pop's trust and confidence...perhaps it was his composure and ability to bounce back from failure...

Pop would go off on Tony on the sidelines and yank him in the middle of finals games and replace him with Tony's back up...he held bringing Kidd in over Tony's head for an entire season....

And this was when Tony was 19 and 20 years old...not 25.

Hell David Robinson even called Parker out.

Tony earned the starting job...and Pop's trust. Pop didn't give him anything.

You can't have confidence issues if you are a starting PG....cold hard fact of life in the NBA. It's not a nursery school...it's a billion dollar industry built around competitive sports and determination to be the best...it's not confidence building 101. Pop is going to put the mental toughness of his players to the test....and it's why the Spurs are the most mentally tough team in the NBA.

Beno couldn't hang with that...no hard feelings. Have a good life in Sacremento.

SRJ
11-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Theus was a point guard, too. That could turn out to be very beneficial for Beno . . . or very bad.

I recall Reggie Theus playing SG most of the time.

Crookshanks
11-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Everybody knows that Pop demands hard work and discipline. I've heard that Beno was too much of a party boy - and it showed in his lack of discipline in practice. He never seemed to be in great physical shape - maybe that's why he always had injuries.

Anyway - I hope he does well in Sacramento - just never against the Spurs again!

sendman
11-27-2007, 06:31 PM
The Spurs are so cheap...if Beno had even come close to approaching Tony's level of play they'd have dumped that contract in a second...get serious.

It's Beno's fault...not Pop's, not the Spurs.

I'll show you something if you'll work with me.
Click on this link:http://24ur.com/bin/video_show.php?24UR_d=1196161200&show_media=60072804
Search for a little icon named SPORT (00:06:34)
First you'll see abot 15 seconds of some stupid commercial and then you'll see some Slovenian sports news. Last 40 or 50 seconds of this news are about Beno's yesterdays game, his short phone statement and a statement that was given by coach Pop when he was in Belgrade this September. Listen to his statement and then tell me what you think.
Thank you very much.

BeerIsGood!
11-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Parker won Pop's trust and confidence...perhaps it was his composure and ability to bounce back from failure...

Pop would go off on Tony on the sidelines and yank him in the middle of finals games and replace him with Tony's back up...he held bringing Kidd in over Tony's head for an entire season....

And this was when Tony was 19 and 20 years old...not 25.

Hell David Robinson even called Parker out.

Tony earned the starting job...and Pop's trust. Pop didn't give him anything.

You can't have confidence issues if you are a starting PG....cold hard fact of life in the NBA. It's not a nursery school...it's a billion dollar industry built around competitive sports and determination to be the best...it's not confidence building 101. Pop is going to put the mental toughness of his players to the test....and it's why the Spurs are the most mentally tough team in the NBA.

Beno couldn't hang with that...no hard feelings. Have a good life in Sacremento.
I agree. I didnt mean that Pop gave Parker anything, I meant that Pop made his decision between the two and went with it. Obviously a good choice and well thought out by Pop. I question his moves sometimes, but you can't argue with his results.

Ronaldo McDonald
11-27-2007, 06:47 PM
beno will have a mental breakdown and turn into his old pussy-playing self once bibby comes back and he's coming off the bench.

sendman
11-27-2007, 06:50 PM
beno will have a mental breakdown and turn into his old pussy-playing self once bibby comes back and he's coming off the bench.
Thank you Sir, for your knowledgeable insight.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-27-2007, 07:23 PM

SpursFanFirst
11-27-2007, 07:24 PM

I haven't had a chance to read all of the comments here, but I thought I'd say something about this before continuing on.

I think Tony's overall attitude to criticism is the reason why Pop allows him (and others) to work through their mistakes.
Of course, I don't see this first hand, but I've read it many times...Pop is tough on Tony, but Tony always takes that "advice" to another level. He learns from his mistakes, and he works harder. How many times have we read stories about Tony, Tim, etc putting in extra time before or after practice? I'm pretty sure it's not because someone has taken them by the hand and said, "you have to do this." They do it because they're hard workers. They want to be better players. Not everyone is willing to take the initiative, and it has always sounded to me like Beno was one of the lazy ones. In this system, that's a detrement.
Pop has high expectations for his team, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's his system. As we've seen, it works.
It's all about the attitude, and Beno, apparently, had a bad one.

ploto
11-27-2007, 09:09 PM
How's Rasho doing in Toronto these days?
Rasho is doing very well. He will be back in the starting line up tomorrow night after the games he missed with his ankle injury and then the birth of his son. Fans in Toronto really appreciate what he brings to the team. He is very happy there and loves it. He'll be flattered you asked.

SpursFanFirst
11-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Rasho is doing very well. He will be back in the starting line up tomorrow night after the games he missed with his ankle injury and then the birth of his son. Fans in Toronto really appreciate what he brings to the team. He is very happy there and loves it. He'll be flattered you asked.

:lol Take a deep breath...you're sounding a little defensive in your reply.

ploto
11-27-2007, 09:27 PM
:lol Take a deep breath...you're sounding a little defensive in your reply.
You really don't want to go there.

Matches Malone
11-27-2007, 09:28 PM
I think Tony's overall attitude to criticism is the reason why Pop allows him (and others) to work through their mistakes.

How many times have we read stories about Tony, Tim, etc putting in extra time before or after practice? I'm pretty sure it's not because someone has taken them by the hand and said, "you have to do this." They do it because they're hard workers. They want to be better players.

Pop has high expectations for his team, and there's nothing wrong with that. .

All these points are right on the money. The San Antonio SPURS is a TEAM, there are no individualities: Pop rants in the same way to Beno, Tony, Tim, Bonner, Bones or whomever he needs to scalp alive to get a point across for the good of the team.

It is the process that occurs on the head of the one criticised what separates team players from Kobe-kind of players. Having the maturity to accept a constructive criticism and using it to improve your game/life is what differentiates grown-ups from whinners :madrun , winners from loosers :madrun , Tony from Beno :madrun .

Hard work and commitment to the team's ultimate and shared goal is what makes the SPURS such an amazing institution. :king

T Park
11-27-2007, 09:37 PM
im shocked, that anyone, can defend Beno.

That being said.

hes gone, im over it, I hope he finds his way and is successfull, he was good people and a good guy.

Good luck.

J.T.
11-27-2007, 10:09 PM
The way I saw it, Beno was afflicted by two very common sports diseases. The first and biggest cause to why he failed as a Spur was that he did not fit our system and really never showed a desire to learn it and attempt to fit in. Beno had a few bright spots in his career as a Spur, but was never consistent with them. He was consistent, however, with what was bad about his game.

The second is that he was the backup for a superstar-caliber player. I realize Tony Parker isn't considered to be in the same class as Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, and so forth, but there is no denying that Tony is one of the best at his position. When you have such a stark contrast in star power between the starter and the backup, the backup's flaws are going to take the spotlight, especially if the team loses. The Spurs lack of a decent backup PG was apparent in the playoffs, especially in '06 when Tony played an entire series on two bruised knees.

But he never fit into our system, and that's why he failed. Now that he is in Sacramento playing for a team that has a bigger role for him, he's playing better games. Beno is not an all star player, and I doubt he will sustain this play on a consistent basis, but if he does then good for him.

SpursFanFirst
11-27-2007, 10:12 PM
You really don't want to go there.

:lol um, ok?

Holt's Cat
11-27-2007, 10:14 PM
"I always thought that Beno was very talented, but he was in a hard situation," Parker said. "We were trying to win championships, and there was a lot of pressure on our team.

In French that means Beno is a vagina.

exstatic
11-27-2007, 10:29 PM
In French that means Beno is a vagina.
I think it means that in English, too. :lol

His nickname should have been Samson...after the brand of folding card table he emulated. I think he's in the perfect situation: no pressure, and he gets all of his Mays and Junes off, too!!! Bonus!!

xapatan2
11-28-2007, 09:30 AM
I do agree with most of the takes here, but I do think Beno could have fit(ted?) with the system.

In fact, i do think that, right at the start, the story of Beno with the spurs was already written because :

Beno could not accept to be the backup of Tony Parker : the main fact : and in psychology it is : the uncapacity to call itself in question

I think this is just it. and the way he is speaking about himself ( self esteem ) has just proven this main fact.

And from this main fact comes everything that happened afterwards in terms of behaviour, mental toughness, motivation....etc...

We all know he his talented, we all know he understands the game, we all know about his court vision... we all know that... but his weakness (psychology) is a liability for a championship team.

Xap'

ata
11-28-2007, 02:22 PM
Ya well Ploto...I got over Pop's mistreatment of Beno and Rasho, as those two trophies got hoisted...with their asses on the bench. Somehow...I just found a way.
Please do not try to equlize Beno and Rasho ever again.
While Rasho is hardworking, rigid, team oriented bb-player, Beno is, well, bb-player. Even if Rasho thought that Pop should (could, might) play him another way (more, different), he never complained etc.
They both have passport from same country and they both are bb-players and that is it.

And yeah, while things are never black and white, Pop should take his share of responibility for Beno's failing - about 1% of it, I guess.

sendman
11-28-2007, 04:48 PM
Please do not try to equlize Beno and Rasho ever again.
While Rasho is hardworking, rigid, team oriented bb-player, Beno is, well, bb-player. Even if Rasho thought that Pop should (could, might) play him another way (more, different), he never complained etc.
They both have passport from same country and they both are bb-players and that is it.

And yeah, while things are never black and white, Pop should take his share of responibility for Beno's failing - about 1% of it, I guess.

And you my friend are pathetic man, prepared to sell out your own countryman just to be excepted from a little group of people who think that they own this board. Yes, they are loud but that don't mean that they are right. But let me tell you this, no matter how hard you try, for them you will always be a little foreign shit that uses up their oxygen. And the saddest thing is that that small group is able to control public opinion with that "be loud, be aggressive and sheep will follow" tactics.

And now some facts:
- Coach Pop gave his statement about Beno situation. (you all know what he said, and he doesn't have to lie or to make it pretty for some higher reason)
Pop is simply an honest man with integrity.
- Not one player trashed talked about Beno in all this years. (even when Beno made some stupid statements about Tony for example)
- No troubles with Beno's behavior (forget injuries) were reported by the Spurs.
- There is not a shred of evidence for all this bullshit written about him on this board and is basketball related. (Please, don't give me that Pistons crap again as an evidence, because I can find bad games for every single Spurs player in this 3 years span).
I called this board bully's out for many times. To present pictures or some official articles of Beno being fat, lazy, drunk or whatever... Nothing. NOTHING!
Best they came up with are interviews with unhappy Beno wishing to get more playing time, and some other stupid things that he said. And since when is having an opinion a crime? And let's be honest about one thing. Beno is not the sharpest pencil in the box. But you don't have to be a rocket scientist to play a game of basketball. We have plenty of proof for that all over NBA.
So once again, BENO IS GONE, mission complited, STOP BASHING!

ata
11-28-2007, 05:41 PM
And you my friend are pathetic man, prepared to sell out your own countryman just to be excepted from a little group of people who think that they own this board. Yes, they are loud but that don't mean that they are right. But let me tell you this, no matter how hard you try, for them you will always be a little foreign shit that uses up their oxygen. And the saddest thing is that that small group is able to control public opinion with that "be loud, be aggressive and sheep will follow" tactics.

So I should defend any person just because we share passport of same country. Please.
Foreign shit? Please, try to tell this to Tony, Manu, Oberto...
This board is hard with any player, which doesn't deliver on the floor.

And now some facts:
- Coach Pop gave his statement about Beno situation. (you all know what he said, and he doesn't have to lie or to make it pretty for some higher reason)
Pop is simply an honest man with integrity.

Sure, Pop have taken his share - as I said, about 1 %

- Not one player trashed talked about Beno in all this years. (even when Beno made some stupid statements about Tony for example)

That is what professionals do (or better don't do). On the other hand, Beno made a lot of stupid statements.... There is, where he lost my respect. With his whinning he just proved, that what was written on this board is true.

- No troubles with Beno's behavior (forget injuries) were reported by the Spurs.

Are you forgeting his response to demand for working on his shot?

- There is not a shred of evidence for all this bullshit written about him on this board and is basketball related. (Please, don't give me that Pistons crap again as an evidence, because I can find bad games for every single Spurs player in this 3 years span).
I called this board bully's out for many times. To present pictures or some official articles of Beno being fat, lazy, drunk or whatever... Nothing. NOTHING!

Spurs are professional organisation, they don't wash dirty laundry in public. However, there is few members of this board pretty close to the organisation. I guess that they know situation much better then us, few thousend miles away.

Best they came up with are interviews with unhappy Beno wishing to get more playing time, and some other stupid things that he said. And since when is having an opinion a crime? And let's be honest about one thing. Beno is not the sharpest pencil in the box. But you don't have to be a rocket scientist to play a game of basketball. We have plenty of proof for that all over NBA.
So once again, BENO IS GONE, mission complited, STOP BASHING!

You also don't have to be rocket scientist to behave in professional way.

Where was I bashing Beno? Please? Is he hard-working? Haven't seen any proof of that yet. Rigid? He sat out games and trainings with "injuries" every kid would overcame. Pop was joking about it. And belive me, Pop doesn't think twice before he makes a statement, he thinks five times.

Extra Stout
11-28-2007, 05:49 PM
sendman, your country made it. It's First World now. You can drop the inferiority complex, and you don't have to defend every Slovenian on the planet.

sendman
11-28-2007, 06:23 PM
sendman, your country made it. It's First World now. You can drop the inferiority complex, and you don't have to defend every Slovenian on the planet.
I would do it for every other Spur just the same. But this one is different and I'll tell you why. And I'm more passionate about it because he is my countryman, I admit.
Everyone has the right to have his opinion. In the past every player on this team was criticized for some reason. I don't have a problem with that, if that player deserved it. I think PUNISHMENT must fit the crime or something like that.
For example, Rasho had it rough on this board for his lack of aggressiveness, for his bad free throw shooting, for his bad back to the basket game for years. These are legitimate reasons related to basketball and I never counterpart it.
But in Udrih's case we are talking about things that doesn't concern us. It's his choice if he goes to MySpace. Who are we to make fun of him for that?
In all this years I didn't see such systematic bashing of any player on any team let alone some second or even third stringer. Just look how many threads about Beno still suffices almost every day. Don't look at me, I didn't start them. I'm just responding as I would if same things would happen to some other player.
And don't be afraid, I don't see myself as some Robin Hood, I'm just an average Joe with opportunity to speak his mind.

MannyIsGod
11-28-2007, 06:35 PM

sendman
11-28-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm grad that you were able to pull your fingers out of your ...
Just don't lick them.

ChumpDumper
11-28-2007, 06:45 PM
But in Udrih's case we are talking about things that doesn't concern us. It's his choice if he goes to MySpace. Who are we to make fun of him for that?We are -- us.

And it really wouldn't have been an issue had he not taken sole credit for the Spurs' winning the 2005 championship on said myspace.

ArgSpursFan.
11-28-2007, 06:47 PM
We are -- us.

And it really wouldn't have been an issue had he not taken sole credit for the Spurs' winning the 2005 championship on said myspace.

you never played ball in your life, and still act like you're a basketball expert.
So,STFU!!!

ChumpDumper
11-28-2007, 06:54 PM
you never played ball in your life, and still act like you're a basketball expert.
So,STFU!!!You mad?

Serves you right, bitch.

ArgSpursFan.
11-28-2007, 07:01 PM
You mad?

Serves you right, bitch.

Not mad,at all.
Just showing people they shouldn't care about replaying your nonsense posts, that's all.

ChumpDumper
11-28-2007, 07:11 PM
Not mad,at all.
Just showing people they shouldn't care about replaying your nonsense posts, that's all.And just how do you know anything about me or my basketball playing?

I can say the same about you since I know just as much about you.

You never played ball in your life so no one should listen to you.

And you molest children.

And eat feces.

No one should listen to you because you never played the game, molest children and eat feces.

duncan228
11-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Hey ChumpDumper-Do you get into it with this idiot in every thread or only the ones I happen to fall into?

It seems like you two never stop-even though you've beaten him to the ground in every arguement I've read.

At least this one hasn't disintegrated into "your mother" territory like his previous ones have.

duncan228
11-28-2007, 07:13 PM
I may have spoken too soon...

ChumpDumper
11-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Hey ChumpDumper-Do you get into it with this idiot in every thread or only the ones I happen to fall into?

It seems like you two never stop-even though you've beaten him to the ground in every arguement I've read.

At least this one hasn't disintegrated into "your mother" territory like his previous ones have.Oh, yeah let's not forget he is an admitted necrophiliac.

Thanks for that.

duncan228
11-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Oh, yeah let's not forget he is an admitted necrophiliac.

Thanks for that.

Anytime. :lmao

ChumpDumper
11-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Anytime. :lmaoYeah, that link can probably be dug up, so to speak.

Truthfully, I don't understand what he thinks he is proving.

duncan228
11-28-2007, 07:20 PM
Yeah, that link can probably be dug up, so to speak.

Truthfully, I don't understand what he thinks he is proving.

I actually laughed out loud. Thanks.
I think I know where that thread is, give me a minute to...dig.

And he's proving nothing but you own him. In multiple threads across the forum.
Just like he did under his other name.
Maybe he likes it.

duncan228
11-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Edit: Never mind, I'm taking the link out. It was disgusting then, it still is.

No need to be reminded, he's still an ass and he reminds us all any time he opens his mouth.

ChumpDumper
11-28-2007, 07:26 PM
Thanks, but no thanks. If anyone else needed reminding though....

Anyway, hijack over. Beno is gone. Good for him. Good for us.

Yuixafun
11-28-2007, 08:26 PM
This thread is quality..

I admire what Tony Parker has accomplished so far in life. He sets a good example for young men to aspire to.

Imagine that, 3 time NBA champion, Finals MVP, and then getting married to famous t.v star...

It reminded me of when Manu was an All-star, NBA champion, and Olympic gold medalist, and then HE got married lol.

These are driven individuals whose wills become manifest and I recognize it, realize it's a reflection of some part of me lhidden away, and what a great soul can do in the moment.

As far as Beno, he's still growing up. It difficult transitioning into manhood. You have to go through the rough times to realize who you are. Some people make the leap earlier then others.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-28-2007, 08:28 PM

mikejones99
11-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Everyone should have the same take on Beno and Rasho, they both helped some but made lots of cash for that

Russ
11-28-2007, 11:28 PM
Talent meter:

Tony > Beno

Kiss ass meter:

Tony > Beno

Spur meter:

Tony > Beno

NBA meter:

Tony > Beno :)