PDA

View Full Version : KG still can't keep his mouth shut on the court

flipcritic
11-28-2007, 12:38 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AoOCuRDt.nMn4344MTwguQ28vLYF?gid=200711 2705&prov=ap

"... During the closing minutes, James and Garnett exchanged a few choice words and both teams played as if it were a playoff game. After the final horn, there were no friendly hugs shared between two of the East's powers as players on both teams headed immediately to their locker rooms.

Garnett refused to discuss whatever problem he had with James.

"I was talking to a lot of people," Garnett said in a sarcastic tone. "I was talking to Doc Rivers. I was talking to Drew Gooden. I had a couple of discussions with a couple of different people."

And how did he think James did?

"He played well," he said tersely. "

How many times has this guy been jawing away at his opponents? I admire KG as a competitor, and sure this fire maybe his nature. But he always gets carried away, and more often than not, it's going to make him look foolish when things don't go his way. I thought by know he'd learn to rein them in.

dubsball
11-28-2007, 12:48 AM
Kinda agree, I've even seen him jawing with BD, but he never holds it to heart, well I mean if he didn't do anything stupid on the T Wolves I don't see him doing anything dumb on the celts. Sure felt nice watching them lose though ha ha.

atxrocker
11-28-2007, 12:49 AM
garnett should have knocked james out. james is a fucking punk.

dirk4mvp
11-28-2007, 12:50 AM

:cry

bdictjames
11-28-2007, 01:09 AM
KG might be mad because James might surpass him with the title "best high school pro player eva".

The two would probably start the All-Star team, lol they will be battling each other for All-Star MVP and McGrady or Bryant take it.

E20
11-28-2007, 01:13 AM
LBJ >>> KG

KG is little whining bitch.

Walter Craparita
11-28-2007, 01:17 AM
Wow.

I might actually watch the Eastern Conf. Playoffs this year.

bdictjames
11-28-2007, 01:18 AM
LBJ >>> KG

KG is little whining bitch.
So that's why the Suns wanted him so bad. :lol

boutons_
11-28-2007, 01:22 AM
Kevin has a lot talent and great basketball body, but he's not a winner.

E20
11-28-2007, 01:23 AM
I remember a KG interview where the little punk-bitch started to cry beause his team sucked and said he doesn't have much time so they need to do something for the franchise. It was sad. Not because he was mad at losing, but the way he presents himself as a hard ass, but it's just a fucking facade. Well if he was so serious about winning then he should have taken a pay cut so the Wolves could recruit better talent.

Then there was that incident where he got punked by a member of the Sarcamento Queens, that automatically makes him a bitch. Then he got man handled and dropped by Bonner.

KG can't carry a team w/o choking. Boston is doomed, you have 3 losers/chokers on one team -- 3 times the choking. The choking/losing that is going to take place in Boston is gonna be on epic porportions.

slayermin
11-28-2007, 01:33 AM
There was also an incident in the game where Devin Brown was trying to help up Ray Allen after a foul but the Celtics thought he was standing over him to talk trash. I think it was Eddie House that came over and started pushing Devin. Devin pushed back and he received the technical.

As Spurs fans know, Devin is one of the coolest dudes around. He was shocked he was T'D up. It was a pretty intense game and bad blood all around. Don't get me started on Paul Pierce.

If anyone wants to watch the game, set your DVR on NBATV at 12:30am (pacific std time) for the replay.

ludda
11-28-2007, 01:50 AM
celtics are sweating b/c they may not win the most wins in the regular season award.

KidCongo
11-28-2007, 01:58 AM
There was also an incident in the game where Devin Brown was trying to help up Ray Allen after a foul but the Celtics thought he was standing over him to talk trash. I think it was Eddie House that came over and started pushing Devin. Devin pushed back and he received the technical.

As Spurs fans know, Devin is one of the coolest dudes around. He was shocked he was T'D up. It was a pretty intense game and bad blood all around. Don't get me started on Paul Pierce.

If anyone wants to watch the game, set your DVR on NBATV at 12:30am (pacific std time) for the replay.

Rondo came over and pushed Devon outta the way. Then KG started mouthing.

dubsball
11-28-2007, 02:10 AM
Honestly Boston hasn't even made a West Coast trip. Stephen Jackson put it best the other day:

On his impression of the Big Three
“Nothing. Just another team, the media and the NBA hype them up, we don’t hype them up. They put their shoes on just like we do, they haven’t won a championship yet. That’s where you get props. I got one.”

“They won nine games. If y’all want to hype up nine games so be it. I’m not, like I said they are just another NBA team just like everybody else. They’ll get praise when they win a championship. "

HAHA This from the man who makes love to pressure, gotta love it, sorry Boston.

Walter Craparita
11-28-2007, 02:15 AM
God I hope the Warriors make the playoffs.

SAtown
11-28-2007, 02:27 AM
I wonder if he tried to kiss him like he did to Duncan in the playoffs (99 IIRC)

dubsball
11-28-2007, 02:27 AM
HAHA I just noticed your avatar is Manu with a beard, now that's funny.

You know there's another warriors website called www.fearthebeard.org . These guys are so die hard Baron fans, they've made an entire website dedicated to worshiping his beard. You should share your avatar with them.

E20
11-28-2007, 02:30 AM
they haven’t won a championship yet. That’s where you get props. I got one.”

PWNED I love SJAX.

ShoogarBear
11-28-2007, 03:33 AM
Wish I could remember who had the great post earlier this year:

"Somebody needs to tell Kevin Garnett that the NBA is not Vietnam."

JamStone
11-28-2007, 08:26 AM
I like KG and the way he plays with his emotions.

NBA Junkie
11-28-2007, 08:52 AM
KG never respects players that are younger than him. He's a punk in that regard.

Funny, how he let veterans like Sam Cassell and Latrell Sprewell derail the Wolves a few years ago while he just stood by and let it happen.

Where was his fiery side then.

I guess we all know that Pierce is the true leader of the Celts and not KG. He's never been cut out for that type of role.

I'm beginning to hate the Cetics more than I already did.

Lp26
11-28-2007, 09:48 AM
KG needs to calm down. He's going to give himself an early heart attack.

He even got into with Mcdyess last year, and that's supposed to be his good friend!

JamStone
11-28-2007, 11:44 AM
KG leaves everything on the court. But, in saying that, emotionally when he gets into it, I really feel he leaves it on the court. When he got into it with Dice last year, he was standing up for his teammate Madsen even though Madsen flopped. That's what you want from a teammate. That's how you build trust and loyalty with your teammates. I'm sorry, but I like that in a ball player. I remember when Rasheed cracked Zydrunas' head open a few years ago, LeBron was caught laughing and hugging some of the Pistons after the game. I know he got criticized by some Cavs fans for that. I rather have a guy who brings intensity and emotion to the game but can leave it there. If Dice and KG are close friends, that makes me respect KG even more to act like that on the court, standing up and protecting his teammates. Is he wired a little too tight during games? Probably. But, again, I'd rather have that than a really talented player who is just playing for the paycheck. There are plenty of those types of players in the league. And, you got this guy here who is one of the superstars in the game and plays hard every minute he's on the court, even in a blowout either way, and plays with emotion every second he's out there, and cheers his teammates when he's on the bench. He cares. Call him a punk or whatever. I'll take a KG talent and a KG attitude on my team any day. I don't think he holds anything against LeBron. Right after the game, he might still have been in that game mentality. But, I would bet that he and LeBron are fine. If they aren't, who cares really?

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-28-2007, 11:59 AM

There are times where I worry he's going to go off like an NBA version of Walter from the Big Lebowski.

"Your foot was on the the line Lebron. Mark it a two pointer or you are about to enter a world of pain."

Walter Craparita
11-28-2007, 01:21 PM
HAHA I just noticed your avatar is Manu with a beard, now that's funny.

You know there's another warriors website called www.fearthebeard.org . These guys are so die hard Baron fans, they've made an entire website dedicated to worshiping his beard. You should share your avatar with them.

ahaha awesome.

mavsluva
11-28-2007, 01:42 PM
Kevin has a lot talent and great basketball body, but he's not a winner.

Homeboy makes over 10 million a year. That's a winner in my book!

CubanMustGo
11-28-2007, 02:13 PM
Homeboy makes over 10 million a year. That's a winner in my book!

Man, there's the Dallas mentality (and I live here). Money counts more than character or anything else.

z0sa
11-28-2007, 02:22 PM
There are times where I worry he's going to go off like an NBA version of Walter from the Big Lebowski.

"Your foot was on the the line Lebron. Mark it a two pointer or you are about to enter a world of pain."

:lol

"the ref is not the issue"

stretch
11-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Actually, I'd put my money on Lebron winning a fight between the two any day. Lebron's muscles are about 4 times bigger than KG's. KG is skinny as hell.

MoSpur
11-28-2007, 02:48 PM
I love the way KG competes. However, he's the punk. He mouths off to everyone, but doesn't do a darn thing. I think he's mad because LeBron got to a Finals before he did.

cherylsteele
11-28-2007, 03:43 PM
I can remember in the '99 playoffs 1st vs. Minn. KG started talking trash to Timmy and Timmy just looked at him, laughed, and knocked the Wolves out in the 1st round.

DarkReign
11-28-2007, 03:48 PM
I love the way KG competes. However, he's the punk. He mouths off to everyone, but doesn't do a darn thing. I think he's mad because LeBron got to a Finals before he did.

Or maybe because LeBron is actually good enough to be the "one man show" and help his mediocre team succeed.

KG cant claim that. It was Cassell, Spree and KG to the WCFs. After that, whoooooole lot of nuthin.

Kamnik
11-28-2007, 05:40 PM
KEVIN GARNET IS A PUNK!!!!!

READ WHAT I WRITE AND MAYBE EVEN FIND THE ARTICLE OR WHATERVER IT WAS BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHERE OR HOW TO FIND IT!

Who remembers a guy Rick Rickert who (i think in the preaseason probably or just in the camp) who was trying to make the wolves team?

He was playing great and in a practice sesion he went by KG several times to score on him...

KG's teammates laughed at him...

KG KNOCKED RICK RICKERT DOWN! :dramaquee :dramaquee :dramaquee

Guess what happened???????

Wolves put the thing under the rug and imidiately cut Rick Rickert who is a great guy, hard worker and plays with passion. (i know him a little because for a while he played for a club in Slovenia)

I will be very grateful if someone can find a link to this incident! (i will fucking paste it every time KG topic comes up)

Kamnik
11-28-2007, 05:42 PM
I dont like Lebron....

But i hate a player like KG!!!

Crybaby, punk and a primadona!

nkdlunch
11-28-2007, 06:09 PM
by the time playoffs come Garnett will be mentally drained out. he will probably start talking nonsense like talking about AK47s and Uzis on the court

resistanze
11-28-2007, 06:12 PM
by the time playoffs come Garnett will be mentally drained out. he will probably start talking nonsense like talking about AK47s and Uzis on the court
:lol

dubsball
11-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Link:

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/32979/20040901/garnett_punches_player_during_pickup_game/

Damn I had no idea KG was such a punk. The Warriors fans worshipped him because we were about to get him, but they wanted Monta Ellis AND Andris Biedrins, and since those guys are both 22 and KG is almost expired, Chris Mullin decided not to pull the trigger.

I'm so glad now!

lrrr
11-28-2007, 06:17 PM
http://www.themightymjd.com/2004/08/31/garnett-unloads-the-uzis-on-rick-rickert/

Here's a link to the blog, can't find the original article though, it's from 2004, so not sure it's still in the archives.

King-hit the guy in the jaw, no warning. What a punk... Should have played better D.

Kamnik
11-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Link:

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/32979/20040901/garnett_punches_player_during_pickup_game/

Damn I had no idea KG was such a punk. The Warriors fans worshipped him because we were about to get him, but they wanted Monta Ellis AND Andris Biedrins, and since those guys are both 22 and KG is almost expired, Chris Mullin decided not to pull the trigger.

I'm so glad now!

Thanks man!

EVERYONE READ THAT LINK!

And if you still think KG is a great player your IQ is below 70!

TD may be evenly or even less talented than KG...

But TD is a fucking pimp just like Artest said it once.

He lets his GM and coach to build a good team around him and players play even for less money just to be in such a good atmosphere.

WHY DONT PEOPLE LOOK AT THIS MORE WHEN SAYING WHICH PLAYER IS BETTER????

TD is simply a superior player to KG when we take this into account.

Rasho left 50mil Wolves offer and took 48 from the spurs... How come?
:toast

JamStone
11-28-2007, 06:29 PM
KEVIN GARNET IS A PUNK!!!!!

READ WHAT I WRITE AND MAYBE EVEN FIND THE ARTICLE OR WHATERVER IT WAS BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHERE OR HOW TO FIND IT!

Who remembers a guy Rick Rickert who (i think in the preaseason probably or just in the camp) who was trying to make the wolves team?

He was playing great and in a practice sesion he went by KG several times to score on him...

KG's teammates laughed at him...

KG KNOCKED RICK RICKERT DOWN! :dramaquee :dramaquee :dramaquee

Guess what happened???????

Wolves put the thing under the rug and imidiately cut Rick Rickert who is a great guy, hard worker and plays with passion. (i know him a little because for a while he played for a club in Slovenia)

I will be very grateful if someone can find a link to this incident! (i will fucking paste it every time KG topic comes up)

so wait do you like KG or not?

SRJ
11-28-2007, 06:30 PM

I remember that post. LMAO.

Anyway, I marvel at KG's basketball ability - I also wince at his composure.

Kamnik
11-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Link:

I'm so glad now!

Thanks man!

EVERYONE READ THAT LINK!

And if you still think KG is a great player your IQ is below 70!

TD may be evenly or even less talented than KG...

But TD is a fucking pimp just like Artest said it once.

He lets his GM and coach to build a good team around him and players play even for less money just to be in such a good atmosphere.

WHY DONT PEOPLE LOOK AT THIS MORE WHEN SAYING WHICH PLAYER IS BETTER????

TD is simply a superior player to KG when we take this into account.

Rasho left 50mil Wolves offer and took 48 from the spurs... How come?

ShoogarBear
11-28-2007, 07:03 PM

"Your foot was on the the line Lebron. Mark it a two pointer or you are about to enter a world of pain."On the other hand, it would be funny to see him proclaim Shomer Shabbos.

Magic_Johnson
11-28-2007, 07:49 PM
KG leaves everything on the court. But, in saying that, emotionally when he gets into it, I really feel he leaves it on the court. When he got into it with Dice last year, he was standing up for his teammate Madsen even though Madsen flopped. That's what you want from a teammate. That's how you build trust and loyalty with your teammates. I'm sorry, but I like that in a ball player. I remember when Rasheed cracked Zydrunas' head open a few years ago, LeBron was caught laughing and hugging some of the Pistons after the game. I know he got criticized by some Cavs fans for that. I rather have a guy who brings intensity and emotion to the game but can leave it there. If Dice and KG are close friends, that makes me respect KG even more to act like that on the court, standing up and protecting his teammates. Is he wired a little too tight during games? Probably. But, again, I'd rather have that than a really talented player who is just playing for the paycheck. There are plenty of those types of players in the league. And, you got this guy here who is one of the superstars in the game and plays hard every minute he's on the court, even in a blowout either way, and plays with emotion every second he's out there, and cheers his teammates when he's on the bench. He cares. Call him a punk or whatever. I'll take a KG talent and a KG attitude on my team any day. I don't think he holds anything against LeBron. Right after the game, he might still have been in that game mentality. But, I would bet that he and LeBron are fine. If they aren't, who cares really?

I agree 100%. It's great to see play KG, a guy who is mentally in the game for 48 mins no matter what.

mavsluva
11-28-2007, 11:04 PM
Man, there's the Dallas mentality (and I live here). Money counts more than character or anything else.

For the record, I'm a minister at my church so I'm by no means rich. It's just that we shouldn't call people losers based upon a won/loss record. Because according to the numbers (paycheck), Kevin Garnett looks pretty successful at what he does.

Pistons < Spurs
11-28-2007, 11:12 PM
:tu :tu

All the KG hate here IMO has to be mostly because of all the comparisons with TD over the years.

Nikos
11-28-2007, 11:25 PM
I don't find KG to be a punk and I think despite his lack of team success that he is underrated. He goes to the Celtics and they are playing the best basketball in the league right now (arguably). They are playing the best defense in the league so far (statistically), and are one of the best offensive teams as well. Credit Garnett for the Celtics turnaround. He is certainly not a loser. He isn't Michael Jordan, but their is nothing about is game to me that suggests he is a loser or not a superstar. Sure he isn't a dominant scorer, but he is an awesome overall player. One of the best two way players in the league.

SpursIndonesia
11-29-2007, 12:04 AM
KG is a very talented player, but he IS a PUNK

ajh18
11-29-2007, 01:00 AM
I don't dislike KG. He's a good player, and seems like a decent dude. If he needs to get psyched up to play, so be it.

However, he'll never be a favorite of mine, because I tend to prefer players who seem to understand that it is just a game, and display a better sense of perspective. The "going to war" comments were stupid, and he lost alot of points in my book when he got into it with Tim and Dave in one the years we eliminated of the T-Wolves. I'll never forget it, he was trying to get to them, and David pushed him away like it was nothing. His response was to take a cheap-shot slap to the back of Tim's head (he didn't want any part of David, I guess).

E20
11-29-2007, 01:15 AM

All the KG hate here IMO has to be mostly because of all the comparisons with TD over the years.
?

How do those comparisons play a role? Because in all of the TD/KG comparisons Tim has always been the victor and it's to every Spurs fans enjoyment.

And how is KG not playing for the paycheck? All those years of losing and in the past 3-4 recent years KG complaining about not having a good squad, but not willing to take a pay cut to recruit better talent to the Wolves? JamStone's stance is flawed.

Kamnik
11-29-2007, 04:26 AM

well i dont know for others...

im a spurs homer but never had anything serious against KG until i read that story with Rick Rickert; and after that saw that "oh poor me" interwiev in which he cried

2 very diferent faces which simply dont go together

JamStone
11-29-2007, 09:02 AM
?
And how is KG not playing for the paycheck? All those years of losing and in the past 3-4 recent years KG complaining about not having a good squad, but not willing to take a pay cut to recruit better talent to the Wolves? JamStone's stance is flawed.

Ummmm first of all, KG did take a paycut when he restructured his deal several years ago to give the Wolves more cap flexibility. Secondly, the CBA no longer allows players to restructure contracts or take paycuts. Stance is not flawed. You choose to view it a certain way. Everyone in the NBA plays for a paycheck. I stated how I don't want a talented player who "JUST" plays for a paycheck.

E20
11-29-2007, 03:49 PM
Ummmm first of all, KG did take a paycut when he restructured his deal several years ago to give the Wolves more cap flexibility. Secondly, the CBA no longer allows players to restructure contracts or take paycuts. Stance is not flawed. You choose to view it a certain way. Everyone in the NBA plays for a paycheck. I stated how I don't want a talented player who "JUST" plays for a paycheck.
Obviously he did not take enough of a paycut to get a better supporting cast. I don't know where this KG man love has sprouted from Pistons fans, but the fact is that KG whines and is a little 'tough guy' bitch. If you haven't realized that then you haven't payed close attention to KG as you may think.

JamStone
11-29-2007, 03:56 PM
You're an idiot. My respect for KG comes from the way he plays. If you think he's a punk or a bitch, that's on you. I have a different opinion. KG took a paycut under the CBA back then and it's not his fault he had an idiot GM who violated CBA rules and drafted poorly and acquired bad players. Not every great player can play for RC Buford and Gregg Poppovich. I already gave evidence that you don't know what you're talking about when you said he should have taken a paycut by telling you he did. Now, you just want to extend the argument by calling the guy names. Well, that's fine.

Enjoy.

E20
11-29-2007, 03:57 PM
You're an idiot. My respect for KG comes from the way he plays. If you think he's a punk or a bitch, that's on you. I have a different opinion. KG took a paycut under the CBA back then and it's not his fault he had an idiot GM who violated CBA rules and drafted poorly and acquired bad players. Not every great player can play for RC Buford and Gregg Poppovich. I already gave evidence that you don't know what you're talking about when you said he should have taken a paycut by telling you he did. Now, you just want to extend the argument by calling the guy names. Well, that's fine.

Enjoy.
Choking and losing?
Punching rookie players for playing good?
Throwing hissy fits and acting like an ass when he can't perform and starts to lose?

JamStone
11-29-2007, 03:59 PM
Passionately and leaving it all on the court.

Why do you hate a person you don't even know personally so much?

Pero
11-29-2007, 04:02 PM
I don`t hate Garnett, but still, what do you think about punching a teammate?

JamStone
11-29-2007, 04:05 PM
I think it was a very poor decision on his part. And, I think it's a mistake he should regret. I also think that every person makes mistakes. It doesn't change my view of him in totality as a player or person. I don't think Bruce Bowen is a punk for kneeing Ray Allen in the back and I don't think Tim Duncan is a whiney little bitch because he whines every now and then. You take everything into account. KG made a very poor decision when he punched Rickert. I've done plenty of stupid things in my life but I still think I'm a good person. People like to point at one or two incidents to define a person. It doesn't work that way. No one is flawless.

E20
11-29-2007, 04:07 PM
Passionately and leaving it all on the court.

Why do you hate a person you don't even know personally so much?
I don't hate him, but I can't understand where this image of KG being such a great guy on the court came from.

He's a great player, but can you honestly say that KG doesn't come off as the type who wants to be seen as some sort of bad-ass wannabe? I mean he's gone to diss Tim Duncan's mother after she died, he punched Tim behind the head, when Duncan wanted to seperate Robinson and Griffen.

Sometimes his 'passion' makes him look like a wannabe rough thug.

JamStone
11-29-2007, 04:11 PM
I never said he was a "great guy" on the court. But, I like the way he plays. Ironically, it's the same reason why the guy in your avatar is one of my favorite players to watch play as well. Manu leaves it all on the floor. Iverson is one of my favorite players all time. Because he plays so hard all the time, every possession, at both ends of the court. That's why I like KG. I'm not judging KG the person, his personality, the way he acts towards other players whether he's winning or losing a game. I'm judging him the player, how intense he is, how he stands up for his teammates, how he plays hard no matter what the score. You choose to look at a few incidents and judge him as a person. Ever talk to the guy personally one on one? Ever talk to his friends and family? Ask his teammates what they think of him? You can have whatever perception you have of him. That's your opinion. I have mine.

remingtonbo2001
11-29-2007, 04:46 PM
I think it was a very poor decision on his part. And, I think it's a mistake he should regret. I also think that every person makes mistakes. It doesn't change my view of him in totality as a player or person. I don't think Bruce Bowen is a punk for kneeing Ray Allen in the back and I don't think Tim Duncan is a whiney little bitch because he whines every now and then. You take everything into account. KG made a very poor decision when he punched Rickert. I've done plenty of stupid things in my life but I still think I'm a good person. People like to point at one or two incidents to define a person. It doesn't work that way. No one is flawless.

Whining to the officials is not a poor decision, nor is it a disasterous character flaw.

Punching someone, just cause they showed you up, at a game of BASKETBALL. That's fucked up!

I mean really, IF your going to punch someone, do it cause they harrassed your girlfriend, or pushed your friend. But over fuckin' BASKETBALL, really?

JamStone
11-29-2007, 05:51 PM
I agree it was bad. What the hell do you want him to do? People make mistakes. People make stupid decisions. Does that mean they have to be forever criticized for them? You ever make a poor decision you regret? Do people who know about it constantly bitch about that stupid mistake? Get over it. I like KG the player despite that poor decision he made. Do you still like Bruce Bowen even though he kicked someone in the back? Do you still like Tim Duncan even though he quit on Team USA because of the officiating in international basketball? People make mistakes. Was KG's decision to punch Rickert over the fact he scored on him in a practice game a pretty bad mistake? Sure. But, it's a mistake you get over, whether you're KG, Ricky Rickert, or NBA fans. People dwell way too much over a few incidents a person in the public eye may have. It's such an unforgiveable sin to you, fine. Don't like KG. But, don't criticize me for liking KG because I can get over a stupid mistake he made.