PDA

View Full Version : Translation are wanted for Manu's new article

BigBigSpur
11-28-2007, 03:50 AM
publicación: 24-11-2007

NUNCA ME SENTI MEJOR DESDE QUE LLEGUE A LA NBA

por MANU

Históricamente, al menos desde que estoy en el equipo, nuestros arranques de temporada fueron un poco lentos. Era como que nos costaba empezar. Incluso, casi siempre, sufríamos alguna pequeña crisis en diciembre o enero y recién en febrero, después del All Star Game, empezábamos a mejorar nuestro récord. Por eso, parece raro o resulta sorprendente este arranque (10-2), el mejor desde que llegué a los Spurs. Ojalá que lo mantengamos, toco madera...

Las razones pueden ser varias. Primero, que estamos muy dulces con el aro, tirando con mucha eficacia, tenemos casi un 42% de acierto en triples, algo que no es muy normal para nosotros. Además, estamos jugando bien, moviendo el balón, defendiendo. Segundo, no hubo cambios en el plantel, seguimos casi los mismos, mientras que otros equipos sumaron muchos jugadores nuevos y todavía están en rodaje. Nos conocemos muy bien, tenemos los sistemas aprendidos y todos sabemos qué es lo que quiere el técnico. Y tercero, salvo raras excepciones, todos estamos sanos y en excelente forma física. El único que se perdió los primeros partidos de la temporada fue Robert Horry, por un problema familiar de su hija, y sólo ahora se está poniendo en forma. Bueno, a Robert lo necesitamos para los momentos culminantes, ja, ja.

Seguramente, el hecho de conseguir el primer bicampeonato es un aliciente para todos, pero no lo considero tan importante en este comienzo de temporada. Preferiría rescatar, en todo caso, un cambio de velocidad en el estilo de juego, lo estamos haciendo más rápido, con mayor movilidad ofensiva.

Por supuesto que con mi rendimiento también estoy muy contento. Nunca me sentí mejor desde que llegué a la NBA. Claro que es un poco difícil comparar cada momento, pero en cuanto a lo físico estoy muy bien. Me siento potente, fresco, confiado y con mayor autonomía.

La clave, ya lo conté, creo, es que descansé durante el verano y que volví a San Antonio cuatro semanas antes para empezar a entrenarme. Trabajamos duro por lo menos tres horas diarias, de lunes a jueves, y los viernes iba sólo a tirar un rato al aro. El hecho de sentirte más fuerte y potente permite hacer mejor todo y crecer en la confianza.

Todos me preguntan si este buen comienzo me genera expectativas sobre la posibilidad de que me vuelvan a elegir para el Juego de las Estrellas. Esto también ya lo dije alguna vez: no juego pensando en ese objetivo, no entro en cada partido con la motivación de llegar a un All Star. Sólo quiero jugar bien y que el equipo gane. No pienso en premios, distinciones o nominaciones. Si llegan, mejor, pero no me quitan el sueño.

Respecto del comienzo de la temporada, sin duda que nuestro último rival, Orlando, es una de las grandes sorpresas. Los nuevos encajaron muy rápido en el estilo de juego; Dwight Howard es una bestia por lo que está jugando, hay buenos tiradores, y Arroyo y Nelson en la base crean muchas opciones ofensivas. Además, están defendiendo mejor. Contra nosotros jugaron muy bien y se nos hizo duro ganar. Yo tuve que jugar 36 minutos, porque Popovich debió sacar a Fabricio (Oberto) para equilibrar la formación de ellos con un grande y cuatro bajos.

Otro que engranó rápido y, por ahí, no se esperaba fue Boston, que sigue siendo un gran candidato, junto con Dallas y, por ahí, Houston, que ahora se cayó un poco. Y entre las sorpresas negativas está Chicago. Tampoco nadie esperaba que empezara mal. Oí que alguna vez el público gritaba "¡Kobe... Kobe!", pidiendo que llegara Bryant desde los Lakers, y eso complica a los jugadores. También creo que hubo problemas con las renovaciones de contrato de Luol Deng y Ben Gordon. De todos modos, es un gran plantel y pueden salir del pozo en cualquier momento.

Volviendo a lo nuestro, ayer estaba sacando la cuenta ¡Pensar que todavía faltan 70 partidos de la serie regular! Empezar bien te crea el compromiso de mantenerte y eso es algo distinto a lo que habíamos vivido hasta ahora. Intentaremos hacerlo sabiendo que perder algún partido impensado no será nada grave, porque el récord es bueno y podemos soportarlo.

http://argentina.manuginobili.com/

timvp
11-28-2007, 04:15 AM
It's basically about Manu opening a second branch of his pimping business in Phoenix.

http://www.spurstalk.com/manupimp.jpg

SAtown
11-28-2007, 04:18 AM
:lmao

ArgSpursFan.
11-28-2007, 07:37 AM
I'm gonna try to translate it for you all later when I manage to get a break at work.

diego
11-28-2007, 07:57 AM
really quick translation:

never felt better since arriving to NBA

by MANU

Historically, or at least since I'm with the team, we start the season slow. It was just difficult to start. Almost always, in december or january we'd have a little crisis and just in february, after the all star game, we'd begin to improve our record. Because of that, its weird and surprising this hot start (10-2), the best since I arrived at the Spurs. I hope we can keep it up, knock on wood...

The reasons can be many. First, we're hot shooting, with a lot of efficiency, we have almost 42% 3p, something thats is abnormal for us. On top of that, we're playing well, moving the ball, defending. Second, there were no roster changes, we're practically the same team, while other teams made a lot of changes and adjustments. We know each other, the systems, and what pop wants. Third, save for rare exceptions, we're healthy and in great shape. The only one who missed games is robert horry, because of a problem with his daughter, and only know is getting better (unclear if he refers to horry, or his daughter!). Well, we need Robert for the big moments, jajajaja.

Surely, repeating is a motivation for everyone, but i dont consider that important at this point in the season. I'd rather highlight, in any case, a change of pace in our style, we're doing it faster, with more offensive movement.

Of course im happy with my performance. Never felt better since arriving to NBA. Of course its difficult to compare, but physically im well. I feel strong, fresh, confident, and with more freedom.

The key, i think, is that i rested in the summer and I returned to SA four weeks early to train. we worked hard for at least 3 hrs a day, monday to thursday, and friday i'd just work on my shot. Being strong and explosive lets you do everything better and helps your confidence.

Everyone's asking me if the hot start has me looking to the all star game. Ive said many times: i dont play thinking about that, i dont go into games thinking what will take me to all stars. I just want to play well and the team to win. I dont think about awards or praise. If they come, great, but i wont lose sleep over it.

As far as the season start, no doubt our last rival, Orlando, is one of the big surprises. The new guys fit in real fast; Dwight Howard is playing like a beast, there are good shooters, y Arroyo y Nelson at point create opportunities on offense. on top of that, they are defending better. They played very well against us and it was a hard win. I had to play 36 minutes, because Pop had to take out Fabricio (Oberto) to match them with one big and 4 smalls.

Another that clicked fast, that i wasnt expecting, is Boston, that keeps showing contender promise, with Dallas and, maybe, Houston, who have come down a little. and the bad surprises, Chicago. Nobody expected them to start so bad. i heard the crowd chant "¡Kobe... Kobe!", asking for Bryant to come from Lakers, and that complicates the players. I heard there were problems resigning Luol Deng y Ben Gordon. Either way, its a great roster and they can come out of the pit any moment.

Coming back to us, yesterday i was adding up and ¡there are still 70 regular season games left! Starting well creates the expectation to maintain and that is something new for us. We'll try to do it knowing its not serious to lose an unlosable game , because our record is good and we can take it.

ArgSpursFan.
11-28-2007, 08:12 AM
Thanks Diego,that was quik.
Muy buena traduccion :tu

MaNuMaNiAc
11-28-2007, 08:27 AM
working on it now, give me a few minutes

EDIT: Nevermind, saw diego translated it. Great job bro :tu

ArgSpursFan.
11-28-2007, 08:29 AM
working on it now, give me a few minutes

look again,there's alrealy a translation. :reading

MaNuMaNiAc
11-28-2007, 08:31 AM
look again,there's alrealy a translation.
lo vi

ArgSpursFan.
11-28-2007, 08:31 AM
lo vi

ok

MaNuMaNiAc
11-28-2007, 09:03 AM
I'll just post mine since I was half way through it

The best I've ever felt since coming to the NBA.

by MANU

Historically speaking, or at least since I've been on the team, the early part of seasons have gone a little slow. It was as if we we're having trouble getting started. In fact, we usually suffered through some kind of crisis in December or January, and only managed to improve our record come February, after the All-Star game. This is why this 10-2 start to the season, the best we’ve ever had, seems surprising. I hope we keep winning, knock on Wood…

There could be any number of reasons for this start. First and foremost, we are shooting very effectively, 42% from the three point, something very atypical of us. On top of that, we are playing very well, moving the ball and defending. Secondly, there haven’t been any changes to our squad. We’re almost completely the same, where as other teams have added new players and are still adjusting to the change. We know each other and our system very well, and we all know what the coach wants. Lastly, save for a few exceptions, we’re all healthy and in great physical shape. The only one that’s missed a few games is Robert Horry, due to a family problem with his daughter, and only now is he getting back into shape. Well we need Robert for the final moments though… ha ha.

Surely, repeating is a great motivation to all of us, but I don’t consider that has been important to this season’s start. I’d rather highlight the change of speed in our playing style, we’re doing everything faster and with more offensive mobility.

Of course I’m very pleased with my performance so far. I’ve never felt better since I’ve been in the NBA. It’s a little difficult comparing every moment, but as far as the physical aspect is concerned, I’m doing very well. I feel strong, confident, and looser.

The key, I’ve said before, was the rest I had this summer and the fact I returned to San Antonio four weeks prior to beginning my training. We worked hard, three hours a day, Monday through Thursday, and Fridays just shooting. The fact that one feels stronger allows for everything to be done better, and increases one’s confidence. Everyone asks me if this great start creates expectation with regards to being selected to the All-Star game. I’ve also already commented on this: I don’t play thinking on that objective, I don’t go into every game with the goal of making it to the All Star. I just want to play well, and have my team succeed. I don’t think of prizes, distinctions, or accolades. If the come, all for the better, but I don’t lose sleep over them.

With regards to the beginning of the season, Orlando is without a doubt, one of the biggest surprises. Their new additions fit right into their style of play; Dwight Howard is a beast, they have good shooters, and Arroyo and Nelson at point create any number of offensive situations. They played very well against us, and made it difficult for us to win. I had to play 36 minutes, due to Pop having to take Fabricio out to even formations with one big and four small.

Another one who got things started on the right foot was Boston, who remains a contender next to Dallas and maybe Houston. Among the negative surprises is Chicago. Nobody expected them to start this badly. I heard that their fans once shouted “Kobe!... Kobe!”, asking for Bryant from the Lakers. This also complicates things for the players. I also think they had problems with the renegotiation of Luol Deng and Ben Gordon’s contracts. Either way, they are a great squad, and they can climb off this slump at any moment.

Back on track, yesterday I was doing the math… To think there’s still 70 games in the regular season! To start this well, creates this commitment to keep winning, and this is somewhat different to what we are used to this early. We’ll go about this with the knowledge that losing the odd game here and there isn’t drastic, because we’re on the right track and we can keep it that way.

BigBigSpur
11-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Thank you very much.
Guys,you're so sweet.

Hemotivo
11-28-2007, 09:35 AM
It's basically about Manu opening a second branch of his pimping business in Phoenix.

http://www.spurstalk.com/manupimp.jpg
:lol

nkdlunch
11-28-2007, 09:44 AM
"we are very sweet with the rim"

Spurs Brazil
11-28-2007, 01:54 PM
Now we know Horry problem was with his daugther

I hope she's fine