PDA

View Full Version : Manu got really, really mad

Solid D
12-26-2004, 10:53 PM
Did anyone see Manu's fury in the huddle after he was called for a foul on Paul Pierce while going for the ball? Manu appeared to curse vigorously and then fired the towel down. He basically is getting bad parenting patterns from Pop, with the way Manu went "Serbian".

Mark in Austin
12-26-2004, 11:00 PM
As long as he doesn't go "Slovenian", I'm cool wit it.

(No offense to our Slovenian posters, this was meant strictly as a Rasho insult)

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-26-2004, 11:05 PM
Seeings it's been brought up, I've been disappointed with Manu. At least for the last 10-12 games, he's bitching at the refs just more and more. I think he got more respect from the officials the last two years when he just "shut up and played."

chezhcsetshonajezcho
12-27-2004, 12:56 AM
As long as he doesn't go "Slovenian", I'm cool wit it.

(No offense to our Slovenian posters, this was meant strictly as a Rasho insult)

have to point out, that Rasho is Slovenian by citizenship and Serbian by nationality. so...

TMTTRIO
12-27-2004, 01:11 AM
I didn't get to see the game but was he really cursing? I guess he got too frustrated. Sometimes he seems to take these games too serious and he needs to relax and play like he usually does and not in frustration.

TheWriter
12-27-2004, 01:18 AM
He was being called for a lot of BS calls tonight. Calls he usually doesn't get called for but it was PP he was guarding so that explains a lot. He also wasn't getting any calls himself. He took it to the rim many many times and ended up going to the line once!

Spurbanana
12-27-2004, 01:43 AM
I think he was the angriest after that strange offensive foul/blocking foul. I've seen many things out of him, but I've never seen him hop up that fast. Maybe it just shows his passion for everything?

Ginofan
12-27-2004, 08:05 AM
He was just fustrated with the fouls he was getting called for and the ones they weren't calling for him. I didn't see him cuss, unless it was in spanish...

He should be getting upset, even Pop has said that he doesn't get the respect from the refs he should.

Supergirl
12-27-2004, 09:28 AM
I listened to the game on Boston area radio and the announcers were quite clear that the officials made many many bad calls during the game. They seemed to think it balanced out - there were as many bad calls that went the Spurs way as there were against the Spurs. But Manu got the brunt of the ones against the Spurs, and it was a bad night of officiated in general, apparently.

Rummpd
12-27-2004, 11:03 AM
Prediction:

Manu has his game of year vs. Suns! He is ready to bring it along with Parker.

MadDoc

Solid D
12-27-2004, 11:06 AM
The refs gave Manu no benefit of the doubt versus Boston, but that's what you get some nights.

Manu recently said in a radio interview with Bill Schoening that he doesn't curse much.

The camera view of Manu (side-view) looked like he was using English foul language, much like is seen in here unfortunately. traslated: that was a bunch of garbage.

Manu also said in that radio interview prior to the Minnesota game that he been bothered a bit with the amount of time it is taking him to get going early in games.

Manu had a pretty good start versus Boston and he played especially well versus Minnesota (22 pts, 5 reb, 3 stls). Teams seem to be defending him more closely and causing him to give up the ball sooner.

ChumpDumper
12-27-2004, 11:57 AM
didn't get to see the game but was he really cursing?I was in a tenth row seat.

Yes.

Seemed to be forcing his O, expecting some calls that didn't come.

Ssperester
12-28-2004, 02:22 AM
From my point of view, watching the TV, looks like he was cursing his fanny off. I had to make sure the volume is mute. Kids you know. :)

Sense
12-28-2004, 02:31 AM
Manu needs to stop making TO's he's the best in the team at doing that. He's been struggling alot, and just needs to step up. Yesterday's game was a perfect example of how Manu is screwing up. Trying to make plays, losing the ball, and not making shots. I'm really getting tired of it.

Barry should be getting more minutes when Manu is struggling, this gives Barry confidence and makes the Spurs cruise even easier.

[Edit]

Oh, this doesn't mean I hate Manu.I love Manu, and I think he deserves to be an All-Star. (<--- Please don't try to make an arguement about this) I just don't think he's stepped up the expectations of the most improved player.