PDA

View Full Version : Who said this quote, and where is he?

T Park
11-29-2007, 12:00 AM
Just a friendly remider from the guy who warned you that this was going to happen.

Where the hell are all you "Parker is a top 5 PG" people now?

This is for all the marbles and our PG doesn't have what it takes

Where is this guy?

He also stated he preffered Beno Udrih to Tony Parker as well.

I would bring that quote up, but its neither in classics and the search function can't find it.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-29-2007, 12:00 AM
While I do think Parker is a top 5 PG, you're better off waiting to make a thread like this when the Spurs play Dallas and Parker steps up.......not an Arenas-less Wizards team.

and :lol @ beno > parker

Supreme_Being
11-29-2007, 12:01 AM
That quote is calling for the wrath of SequSpur.

T Park
11-29-2007, 12:06 AM
you're better off waiting to make a thread like this when the Spurs play Dallas and Parker steps up.......not an Arenas-less Wizards team.

or in the NBA Finals?

oops...

Amuseddaysleeper
11-29-2007, 12:07 AM
or in the NBA Finals?

oops...

nah, cleveland was a joke

better off against Dallas

for the record, I think he's improving every year so I don't really complain about him nearly as much as other posters on here do.

I just don't think a depleted Wizards team is the time to make a thread calling out the Anti-Parkers on here.

T Park
11-29-2007, 12:12 AM
:lol

Parker can do no right.

Leetonidas
11-29-2007, 12:20 AM

Parker can do no right.
Read what he said. He acknowledged that Tony is a top 5 PG, is better than Beno, and said he is improving every single year, but I agree with him. We all know he is a great player, but why make this after they beat a Arenas-less Wizards team?

T Park
11-29-2007, 12:24 AM
We all know he is a great player, but why make this after they beat a Arenas-less Wizards team?

Why not?

27 11 assists and 8 rebounds.

Pardon me.

Had Ginobili done it, it would've been ok.

THE SIXTH MAN
11-29-2007, 12:29 AM
Read what he said. He acknowledged that Tony is a top 5 PG, is better than Beno, and said he is improving every single year, but I agree with him. We all know he is a great player, but why make this after they beat a Arenas-less Wizards team?
What the hell does Arenas have to do with Parker's stat line? I get a kick out of people who downplay shit like this on this level of basketball. Its the fucking NBA! Any ways this is the same wiz team that beat allas. And they sent all kinds of defensive looks at Parker. Dude had a good game.

SpurOutofTownFan
11-29-2007, 12:30 AM
Parker homer alert!

Leetonidas
11-29-2007, 12:31 AM
What the hell does Arenas have to do with Parker's stat line? I get a kick out of people who downplay shit like this on this level of basketball. Its the fucking NBA! Any ways this is the same wiz team that beat allas. And they sent all kinds of defensive looks at Parker. Dude had a good game.
No one's downplaying his stats. I love Parker, he is my 2nd favorite behind Tim, but I mean I already knew Tony was one of the best PGs in the game and didn't need a victory over the Wizards to tell me that.

THE SIXTH MAN
11-29-2007, 12:32 AM
Parker homer alert!
Homo alert!

exstatic
11-29-2007, 12:34 AM
What, exactly, would Arenas have done to slow Parker? He's known for taking that half of the game off to keep his legs fresh for Hibachi!!!

T Park
11-29-2007, 12:42 AM
Parker homer alert!

A proud one at that.

How is it homer BTW

to post his stats, and ask where his haters are hiding?

grindmouse
11-29-2007, 12:51 AM
Better yet who said this quote?

If the Spurs win the NBA Championship I won't post for a whole year!

Next time you use a Q tip and see that white shit on the end?

pssssst! its not ear wax brah, It's cream filling!

T Park
11-29-2007, 02:36 AM
Better yet, who said they would shave their head and never did?

Glass houses kid.

whottt
11-29-2007, 02:38 AM
Said the Pot to the Kettle:

Glass houses kid.

ArgSpursFan.
11-29-2007, 09:17 AM
Why not?

27 11 assists and 8 rebounds.

Pardon me.

Had Ginobili done it, it would've been ok.

Oh please,not again.
Not another Parker vs Manu thread PLEASE!!
Lest's put it this way,they compliment eachother better tham any onther backcourt tandem in the NBA right now.
And they are both great at what they do.

But I still think TP should win something with his NT like manu did,to show that He can get things done without Duncan on the same team.

stretch
11-29-2007, 09:39 AM
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Chauncey Billups

I don't see Parker's name in there. Guess he's not top 5.

vanvannen
11-29-2007, 09:49 AM
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Chauncey Billups

Kidd and Billups are as done as an arena hot dog.

Parker is miles ahead of them right now.

stretch
11-29-2007, 09:57 AM
Kidd and Billups are as done as an arena hot dog.

Parker is miles ahead of them right now.
I disagree. They are bigger, stronger, better shooters, better passers, and don't have Tim Duncan.

inspurated
11-29-2007, 10:00 AM
Stretch, you are a dumbass.Sorry I meant mavs fan.
lets see.....Williams..see 07 playoffs
Nash......IBID
Kidd ..... eastern conf regular season..yawn
Billiups...can't even hang with Daniel Gibson. see 07 playoffs.
Parker...Finals MVP...
At his age with his FINALS experience...He is easily top of the list. To the point where the other MVP, Duncan, is cruising.

Warlord23
11-29-2007, 10:02 AM
I agree with the majority view here that while Parker has played very well so far, he hasn't been tested too much this season.

Good PGs he has faced: Devin Harris, Chris Paul and Jameer Nelson. He didn't do very well at all against Harris.

The Spurs have played several teams where Parker has had the advantage of going up against a second-string PG or depleted PG depth:

Grizz without Conley
Hawks without Law
Sonics without Ridnour
Wizards without Arenas
Kings without Bibby

Notable PGs he hasn't faced yet:
Baron Davis
Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Deron Williams
Chauncey Billups
Allen Iverson
Kirk Hinrich
Andre Miller
Raymond Felton

I'd say the jury is still out.

stretch
11-29-2007, 10:04 AM
Stretch, you are a dumbass.Sorry I meant mavs fan.
lets see.....Williams..see 07 playoffs
Nash......IBID
Kidd ..... eastern conf regular season..yawn
Billiups...can't even hang with Daniel Gibson. see 07 playoffs.
Parker...Finals MVP...
At his age with his FINALS experience...He is easily top of the list. To the point where the other MVP, Duncan, is cruising.

You're insane. I don't know where to even begin with this one... I'm just not going to waste my time and instead I'll skip to the fun part...

You're an idiot.

Lebowski Brickowski
11-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Chauncey Billups

I'd start my team with TP over anyone on that list.

stretch
11-29-2007, 10:42 AM

Homer.

Lebowski Brickowski
11-29-2007, 11:23 AM
Homer.

Obvious come back.

You've never known me to be a homer in any other post. Go ahead and check if you care.

It's just so obvious. No -- I don't think TP is the best player in the NBA but it is an objective fact that he can't be stopped when his inside and outside game is on. And it's very diificult to stop him when just one of those aspects is working.

Plus -- he is a better defender than anyone on that list, even Billups, who is slowing. Parker is underrated on D.

Those pgs you listed are all good but look who the coaches have picked as an All-Star.

MY OPINIONN is that Parker, Chris Paul, and Jason Kidd are the best 3 pgs in the NBA. And I would take Tony first.

remingtonbo2001
11-29-2007, 11:45 AM

Even Manu was jealous of the shit TP was throwin' up last night!

stretch
11-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Plus -- he is a better defender than anyone on that list, even Billups, who is slowing.

:drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk

stretch
11-29-2007, 12:13 PM
It's just so obvious. No -- I don't think TP is the best player in the NBA but it is an objective fact that he can't be stopped when his inside and outside game is on. And it's very diificult to stop him when just one of those aspects is working.

:wtf

Umm... that is typically the case with all players. Good job, Captain Obvious.

SpursIndonesia
11-29-2007, 12:35 PM
Nash has MUCH better court vision & outside shooting, Kidd is still the best rebounding, all around PG of the league, but i don't hold any other PG higher than Tony outside those two mentioned players. I use to put Billups on a higher note, but this year he has fallen a bit up to this point.

So, the 2nd tier PG list should go with these guys : B Davis, Tony Parker, Deron Williams, Chris Paul, Chauncey Billups, and their exact rank is pretty darn arguable, no clear cut conclusion outside homerish or trollish opinion.

stretch
11-29-2007, 12:50 PM
Nash has MUCH better court vision & outside shooting, Kidd is still the best rebounding, all around PG of the league, but i don't hold any other PG higher than Tony outside those two mentioned players. I use to put Billups on a higher note, but this year he has fallen a bit up to this point.

So, the 2nd tier PG list should go with these guys : B Davis, Tony Parker, Deron Williams, Chris Paul, Chauncey Billups, and their exact rank is pretty darn arguable, no clear cut conclusion outside homerish or trollish opinion.
Personally, I think that Chris Paul is the best all-around PG in the league, and that Baron Davis is the most gifted and talented PG in the league. I think when playing at their best, they are the two most unstoppable PGs. Especially Baron Davis. His problem is he takes too many dumb shots, but when he is playing smart, he is among the 5 most unguardable players in the league, IMO.

2centsworth
11-29-2007, 01:01 PM
Parker is playing great and has matured into a vet. I've always said the reason the Suns can never beat the Spurs is because of Tony abuse of Nash.

I do want both Tony and Tim to figure something out agains Dallas this coming week.

spursfan09
11-29-2007, 01:12 PM
doesn't matter if you mav fans don't consider TP one of the best pgs in the league. He is the best pg for the spurs and last year's championship proved that.

stretch
11-29-2007, 01:15 PM
doesn't matter if you mav fans don't consider TP one of the best pgs in the league. He is the best pg for the spurs and last year's championship proved that.
Um, if he is starting, then he's SUPPOSED be the best PG for the Spurs. No one argued that one bit.

spursfan09
11-29-2007, 01:20 PM
Um, what I meant, is that hes the best pg out of everyone in the league to play in the Spurs system.

stretch
11-29-2007, 01:20 PM
Um, what I meant, is that hes the best pg out of everyone in the league to play in the Spurs system.
He's the only PG in the league that plays in the Spurs system.

Lebowski Brickowski
11-29-2007, 01:22 PM
:wtf

Umm... that is typically the case with all players. Good job, Captain Obvious.

Really? When any player is playing his best game he is UNSTOPPABLE? Get real.

stretch
11-29-2007, 01:23 PM
Really? When any player is playing his best game he is UNSTOPPABLE? Get real.
According to you, when Parker is hitting his shots both on the inside and outside, he is unstoppable.

If Rajon Rondo is hitting all of his shots both inside and on the outside, wouldn't that mean he is playing at an unstoppable level for that game? If you are hitting shots, that means you are not being stopped, thus any player that hits all their shots are playing at an unstoppable level for that game.

spursfan09
11-29-2007, 01:28 PM
Are you really that stupid? I'm gonna give you the benefit of a doubt and assume you are being scarcastic. Or do you need me to break it down for you?

stretch
11-29-2007, 01:30 PM
Are you really that stupid? I'm gonna give you the benefit of a doubt and assume you are being scarcastic. Or do you need me to break it down for you?
How can you prove to me that Tony Parker is the absolute best PG for the Spurs system when he is the only PG that has played in it for the past 5-6 years?

spursfan09
11-29-2007, 01:46 PM
Ugh Spurs have won 3 championships. Not any Pg can just come in and do what TP has done to help them win them. If you don't see that then that is just your bias against him, and you refusing to see TP as one of the best pg's in the league.

stretch
11-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Ugh Spurs have won 3 championships. Not any Pg can just come in and do what TP has done to help them win them. If you don't see that then that is just your bias against him, and you refusing to see TP as one of the best pg's in the league.
That has nothing to do with our argument. You told me you were going to break it down how TP is the best PG in the league at running the Spurs system. I say that is something that is impossible to tell, because of the fact that no one else has had a chance to run their system. If you can break it down, then by all means, do so. I'm very interested in seeing your logic here.

Lebowski Brickowski
11-29-2007, 01:50 PM
Parker can basically do whatever he wants inside to create his shot. he is able to score inside BETTER than can other PGs. Therefore he is BETTER able to open up his outside game. And he is potentially BETTER at outside shooting than those other pgs.

What can Rajon Rondo do inside?? What about outside?

If his 'inside' game is 'on,' like, on 'all cylinders' on, he's as good as Parker? Ok -- that's your opinion, I guess.

You (Stretch) think Rajon Rondo's best game is as good as TPs.

Here's my opinion:
Neither Rajon Rondo nor arguably any other G in the league can match TP inside. Other pgs can shoot from outside the lane as well or even better but TP is already in the top tier shooters at PG.

spursfan09
11-29-2007, 01:56 PM
Why bother arguing with you? You twist the words around and you make it the way you want to see it. All I said was that TP is the best pg for the Spurs, and you agreeed correct? No other pg will fit like TP does. He is probably the fastest of all the pg's, he has one of the best if not the best fg percentage. He has a teardrop that is unblockable most of the time. He can get into the lane when ever he wants. He is perfect for them. We don't need him to be a passer with great court vision. We need his scoring, his breaking down of defenses. To top it off he won the finals MVP last year. How much more proof do you need to know he is he best?

BeerIsGood!
11-29-2007, 02:07 PM
I see you guys aren't accustomed to stretch yet.

Findog
11-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Ugh Spurs have won 3 championships. Not any Pg can just come in and do what TP has done to help them win them.

True, I can't see San Antonio having the same success with Sebastian Telfair starting in the backcourt. But there's about five or six guys that could start at PG for a title-winning Spurs team. Very good player and one of the borderline All Star types. But If Parker ain't scoring, he ain't helping.

BeerIsGood!
11-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Steve Nash would be the best PG in the NBA if he didn't only play on one end of the court. Someone who plays only half of the game by definition cannot be the best. You can make a valid argument that he is the best offensive or best playmaking PG in the game, but definitely not the best. The fact that he is a complete defensive liability is probably the biggest reason his team has not found a way to crack the Spurs or the Mavs in the playoffs. Especially now, where the Spurs are almost unbeatable if you let Parker run wild in your paint - Nash's inability to do anything defensively makes that team have to put him on Bowen if Bowen is in the game, and that fucks everything up because it takes Bell off of a player he could somewhat slow down and puts him on a player he can't touch.

duncan228
11-29-2007, 02:24 PM
So...Did anyone find who posted what T Park is looking for?
It seems not...

T Park
11-29-2007, 02:48 PM
Parker >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chris Paul

good lord its not even close

inspurated
11-29-2007, 02:59 PM
You got to love fans of choking, whining, heartless,gutless,mentally impaired,fundamentally challenged teams come in and critique other players and then don't even list players on their own team as worth a damn :downspin: :dizzy .
Typical Dallas

stretch
11-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Parker can basically do whatever he wants inside to create his shot. he is able to score inside BETTER than can other PGs. Therefore he is BETTER able to open up his outside game. And he is potentially BETTER at outside shooting than those other pgs.

What can Rajon Rondo do inside?? What about outside?

If his 'inside' game is 'on,' like, on 'all cylinders' on, he's as good as Parker? Ok -- that's your opinion, I guess.

You (Stretch) think Rajon Rondo's best game is as good as TPs.

Here's my opinion:
Neither Rajon Rondo nor arguably any other G in the league can match TP inside. Other pgs can shoot from outside the lane as well or even better but TP is already in the top tier shooters at PG.
Dude, it was merely a joke. In no way was I comparing the two. Personally I think that the 5 PG's I mentioned are better POINT GUARDS. I never said they are better basketball players (although I think there is no question that Chris Paul is a better basketball player)

stretch
11-29-2007, 03:07 PM
Why bother arguing with you? You twist the words around and you make it the way you want to see it. All I said was that TP is the best pg for the Spurs, and you agreeed correct? No other pg will fit like TP does. He is probably the fastest of all the pg's, he has one of the best if not the best fg percentage. He has a teardrop that is unblockable most of the time. He can get into the lane when ever he wants. He is perfect for them. We don't need him to be a passer with great court vision. We need his scoring, his breaking down of defenses. To top it off he won the finals MVP last year. How much more proof do you need to know he is he best?
I never agreed that TP is the best PG for the Spurs. I said he is the best PG ON the Spurs.

His abilities are great. But there is no absolute PROOF that no other PG in the NBA could do as good or better of a job as a PG in the Spurs system.

stretch
11-29-2007, 03:08 PM

No one cares what you think, chubbs.

stretch
11-29-2007, 03:09 PM
You got to love fans of choking, whining, heartless,gutless,mentally impaired,fundamentally challenged teams come in and critique other players and then don't even list players on their own team as worth a damn :downspin: :dizzy .
Typical Dallas
You got to love oversensitive, whiny, bitchy douchebag fans that can never take a joke.

stretch
11-29-2007, 03:13 PM
kidd? really? naa
Well, Kidd isn't a great shooter either, but he does have a better 3-pt shot, and can actually hit jumpers when people are in his face. Everytime I see Parker, he only hits his jumpers when WIDE OPEN.

2centsworth
11-29-2007, 03:57 PM

that's pure homerism, but I'm ok with it. I'm a homer too.:lol

inspurated
11-29-2007, 04:07 PM
YOU WIN! YOU'RE A JOKE!!!!
wow you are good.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-29-2007, 04:16 PM
How is praising Tony for an almost triple double a bad thing??

stretch
11-29-2007, 04:18 PM
YOU WIN! YOU'RE A JOKE!!!!
wow you are good.
Are you retarded? I swear you must be judging by the utter incompetence in your posts.

mookie2001
11-29-2007, 04:19 PM
nobody can hang with daniel gibson

MaNuMaNiAc
11-29-2007, 04:23 PM
although, to be fair, there are several Parker homer in this thread that are starting to look just as bad as all the Manu homers in this board. Parker is great, but he's not the best player in the game. He's not even the best PG.

inspurated
11-29-2007, 04:56 PM
Now that you have lost all credibility and it is obvious that your limited capacity to reason has been breached. Try a retarded blast.
WoW you are outstanding!
You have to get up for school tomorrow your mom's calling you to go to bed.

Shred
11-29-2007, 04:59 PM
Who said this? "Mario Lopez is teh hott."

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2006/gallery/mariolopez/eva_longoria.jpg

P.S. "Who said this quote?" is redundant.

Lebowski Brickowski
11-29-2007, 05:32 PM
although, to be fair, there are several Parker homer in this thread that are starting to look just as bad as all the Manu homers in this board. Parker is great, but he's not the best player in the game. He's not even the best PG.

Maybe not, but who would you replace him with?

For my money, I'd take him over anybody in the game. Is that homerism?

Parker is underrated by a lot of people on this board. He's legitimately in the argument as to the best player at his position.

stretch
11-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Now that you have lost all credibility and it is obvious that your limited capacity to reason has been breached. Try a retarded blast.
WoW you are outstanding!
You have to get up for school tomorrow your mom's calling you to go to bed.
lol, awesome comeback.

RC's Boss
11-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Dude, it was merely a joke. In no way was I comparing the two. Personally I think that the 5 PG's I mentioned are better POINT GUARDS. I never said they are better basketball players (although I think there is no question that Chris Paul is a better basketball player)
Chris Paul can't stay in front of his man.

SpursIndonesia
11-29-2007, 08:46 PM
Personally, I think that Chris Paul is the best all-around PG in the league, and that Baron Davis is the most gifted and talented PG in the league. I think when playing at their best, they are the two most unstoppable PGs. Especially Baron Davis. His problem is he takes too many dumb shots, but when he is playing smart, he is among the 5 most unguardable players in the league, IMO.

Chris Paul outside shot and defense are not all that dependable, but he IS a good young PG of the league -i still take Tony & Deron before him though, if i want my PG to be a scoring engine too, but Paul is definitely more old school in term of playmaking capability.

Talkin about unstoppable PG, well, Tony IS unstoppable too when he is playing at his best. No, his court vision is just average and his 3 pt shooting will never reach a pure shooter status, but with his speed & finishing capability in the paint, coupled with his ever improving midrange jumpshot, he IS a tough cookie to guard @PG spot.

SAGambler
11-30-2007, 10:53 AM
For me it's hard to concieve that any one player at all times is "the best in the league".

I think that is purely an opinion at any given moment.

The bottom line is that basketball is a team sport, so it really matters not which player is "the best". As long as the team functions as such, and reaches the pinnacle, which is winning the NBA Finals, that is what counts. But even then, we try to separate one with the "Finals MVP" award.

It seems humans just love to put a tag on everything.

Who gives a shit if Tony is "the best" or even in the so-called "top 5"?

As long as he leads the Spurs as he has been and continues to work hard and improve his game every year, he is our PG on our CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM. And that is all that matters.

I can only guess that some people have way too much time on their hands to sit around and argue about who is or isn't the "best", when there is no scientific way to prove or disprove whatever side of the argument you are on.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Maybe not, but who would you replace him with?

For my money, I'd take him over anybody in the game. Is that homerism?

Parker is underrated by a lot of people on this board. He's legitimately in the argument as to the best player at his position.There's quite a difference in saying Parker is the best point guard in his price range, or he is the best point guard for our Spurs, than saying Parker is the best player in the NBA. That is being a homer... in fact, no, that's not being a homer, that's being a dumbass.

rasho8
11-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Chauncey Billups

Deron and Chauncey? Thats a joke right? :dizzy :dizzy

stretch
11-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Deron and Chauncey? Thats a joke right? :dizzy :dizzy
I think they are better POINT GUARDS than Parker. Better vision, better passers, better shooters. And better defenders. And bigger. And stronger. About the only thing Tony has on them is his speed, and finishing ability. Oh, and playing with Tim Duncan... I forgot that one.

Lebowski Brickowski
11-30-2007, 12:11 PM
There's quite a difference in saying Parker is the best point guard in his price range, or he is the best point guard for our Spurs, than saying Parker is the best player in the NBA. That is being a homer... in fact, no, that's not being a homer, that's being a dumbass.

If you look again, I imply that I wouldn't replace him with any other PG in the league. I never said he is the best player in the NBA.

SpursIndonesia
11-30-2007, 03:30 PM
I think they are better POINT GUARDS than Parker. Better vision, better passers, better shooters. And better defenders. And bigger. And stronger. About the only thing Tony has on them is his speed, and finishing ability. Oh, and playing with Tim Duncan... I forgot that one.

You forget one IMPORTANT thing, that you're not really comparing apples to apples here. Those PGs are in a different team structure & role.

You can argue that CP3 has better court vision & passing ability than Tony, but Chauncey & Deron are IMO in the same class with Tony regarding those attributes -AVERAGE. They seems having higher APG simply because of those factors mentioned above.

About shooting touch, both of them are only better & more consistent from the 3pt land, but not any better from 22' in. Gotta admit, that Chauncey is a proven clutch player, so while he can be streaky, he seems to hit the shots in the important games or moments, so the reputation goes beyond the deed.

Chauncey is better defender against bigger PG or smallish SG, but he will get killed defensively by quick, agile PG of the league. Deron, hmm, i can see him turning into a better defender than Tony if he really puts his mind into it, but at this moment he's still not all that consistent (but he's definitely more rounded in this department, i'll give u that).

Strength ? Never been Tony's advantage, and won't ever be. But then not many guys are blessed with his speed, and even more rare that has ball handling skill & finishing ability in the paint like him, so it's a moot point ( peeps will always have their strengths & weaknesses, it's just the matter of maximizing your S and working with your W -example, keep going fearlessly into the paint and work hard to improve your jumper).

Bottomline, outside Nash & Kidd, there is no real conviction regarding the 3rd best PG of the league. Perhaps in the next 5 yrs, we will get more of a consensus about this issue, since both old guards of PG spot would perhaps have ended their carreer, there's gotta be the new numero uno, right ? Hey, who knows, Devin Harris could perhaps land that title for your team, that wouldn't be a bad consolation if your team could never win the championship in that time span. :clap

stretch
11-30-2007, 03:32 PM
You forget one IMPORTANT thing, that you're not really comparing apples to apples here. Those PGs are in a different team structure & role.

You can argue that CP3 has better court vision & passing ability than Tony, but Chauncey & Deron are IMO in the same class with Tony regarding those attributes -AVERAGE. They seems having higher APG simply because of those factors mentioned above.

About shooting touch, both of them are only better & more consistent from the 3pt land, but not any better from 22' in. Gotta admit, that Chauncey is a proven clutch player, so while he can be streaky, he seems to hit the shots in the important games or moments, so the reputation goes beyond the deed.

Chauncey is better defender against bigger PG or smallish SG, but he will get killed defensively by quick, agile PG of the league. Deron, hmm, i can see him turning into a better defender than Tony if he really puts his mind into it, but at this moment he's still not all that consistent (but he's definitely more rounded in this department, i'll give u that).

Strength ? Never been Tony's advantage, and won't ever be. But then not many guys are blessed with his speed, and even more rare that has ball handling skill & finishing ability in the paint like him, so it's a moot point ( peeps will always have their strengths & weaknesses, it's just the matter of maximizing your S and working with your W -example, keep going fearlessly into the paint and work hard to improve your jumper).

Bottomline, outside Nash & Kidd, there is no real conviction regarding the 3rd best PG of the league. Perhaps in the next 5 yrs, we will get more of a consensus about this issue, since both old guards of PG spot would perhaps have ended their carreer, there's gotta be the new numero uno, right ? Hey, who knows, Devin Harris could perhaps land that title for your team, that wouldn't be a bad consolation if your team could never win the championship in that time span. :clap

Sorry. You're wrong. Chris Paul is better.

nfg3
11-30-2007, 05:22 PM
All the PGs mentioned have their strengths and weaknesses and all of them are very good. I like TPs quickness and ability to finish in the paint. So far this year he is up from 5.5 APG to 6.9 APG which translates to about a 20% increase. But its early so the verdict is still out but if he continues this pace that would be a signifcant increase over last year. This will make him even more effective this year.