PDA

View Full Version : Good to see Francis getting some minutes

ArgSpursFan.
11-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Looks like Adelman finally realized that Most of his Guards getting playing time outside T-mac were sucking.
What surprised me about Francis is that,eventhough He wasn't getting playing time at all, instead of bitching about it,He would root for his teammates all the time from the bench and waited for his chance,and finally got it.
Looks like Francis isn't the same selfish superstar type of player no more as He used to be.
Now this 07 version of Francis could be a great upgrade for the Rockets.
Time will tell I guess.

Matchman
11-29-2007, 11:17 AM
word.... he knows when to play under control and when to step up and to become "The Franchise". I would say he is our 3rd option now because most of our players are offensively inept.

MoSpur
11-29-2007, 11:34 AM
He had seven assists. Thats a good sign. Hopefully he has matured.

SRJ
11-29-2007, 11:52 AM
As a Spurs fan, I am also glad to see Francis getting some minutes.

He may be the best PG they have, but that doesn't make him good. It just makes him suck the least.

Jason_Terry
11-29-2007, 02:58 PM
He really gave the Rox a spark off the bench last night. One thing I noticed, is that Rafer Alston has started making shots now that he has to share time with Francis.

Roxsfan
11-29-2007, 03:03 PM
http://photo9.hexun.com/p/2007/1129/150142/b_CBF142326DDAE51B3E727BDE05B2BA8B.jpg

High five with Yao
http://photo9.hexun.com/p/2007/1129/150142/b_4E1651BF31AF29210E6DFF4FD2B7D019.jpg

Swagger :D
http://photo9.hexun.com/p/2007/1129/150142/b_CA738ED96F0B18FF6CBEC22DB1B85770.jpg

Drive
http://photo9.hexun.com/p/2007/1129/150150/b_4B4B8EBC2E5E61D8AC10943E0AA5ACEA.jpg

http://photo9.hexun.com/p/2007/1129/150150/b_1951D4949577743F96293101A2124CC3.jpg

Strip
http://photo9.hexun.com/p/2007/1129/150150/b_842FA1FE3B658DF4B6F484ACAAE6E923.jpg

ArgSpursFan.
11-29-2007, 03:22 PM
word.... he knows when to play under control and when to step up and to become "The Franchise". .
I don't know if you would agree with me,but He learned the hard way to do so.
In the past Francis was like a spoiled boy who wouldn't share the ball with anybody,and he had to be the center of attention all the time.
Now,with all the bad experiences he had in the diferent teams he played for, He looks more mature and down to earth.
Hopefully being more mature will help him to get better as a teammate and a better person.

Dirk Nowitzki
11-29-2007, 03:56 PM
Please cut/buy out that piece of shit rafer alston. He sucks ass and makes the offense worse. Francis>>>>>Rafer. It isnt even close.

Ronaldo McDonald
11-29-2007, 04:19 PM
I can't find any room in my heart to like this bitch. The fact that he turned down the vancouver after they drafted his has ass has always rubbed me the wrong way. Selfish bitch. I would've let him kep him rotting on the bench for three years... Aside from doing that he has been a ballhog his whole career, as he thinks he's good enough to do it since he's labeled "The Franchise". I don't expect his huge ego to fade anytime soon, and the media is to blame for it as he's just another player crowned before even showing his true worth.

I expect him to be a cancer in Houston if he gets the minutes. He'll ruin the motion offense that adelman is trying to implement.

I'm sorry i sound negative, but i'm done giving this guy chances. he's still the bitch, whiner, and ego maniac he was when he ws drafted and he's had plenty of time to change but hasn't.

I say if ur houston u trade him.

Roxsfan
11-29-2007, 10:46 PM
I can't find any room in my heart to like this bitch. The fact that he turned down the vancouver after they drafted his has ass has always rubbed me the wrong way. Selfish bitch. I would've let him kep him rotting on the bench for three years... Aside from doing that he has been a ballhog his whole career, as he thinks he's good enough to do it since he's labeled "The Franchise". I don't expect his huge ego to fade anytime soon, and the media is to blame for it as he's just another player crowned before even showing his true worth.

I expect him to be a cancer in Houston if he gets the minutes. He'll ruin the motion offense that adelman is trying to implement.

I'm sorry i sound negative, but i'm done giving this guy chances. he's still the bitch, whiner, and ego maniac he was when he ws drafted and he's had plenty of time to change but hasn't.

I say if ur houston u trade him.

sorry but your post is so beyond ridiculous........

Ronaldo McDonald
11-29-2007, 10:51 PM
everything I said in it about Francis is true. so if my post is ridiculous then I'll credit Francis for it.

Roxsfan
11-30-2007, 12:06 AM
everything I said in it about Francis is true. so if my post is ridiculous then I'll credit Francis for it.

1. Get over vancouver, oh poor baby you were rubbed the wrong way....wahh :rolleyes
2. Steve is not a ballhog any longer
3. Explain to me how he is going to ruin Adelman's motion offense..Passing, screening and driving the open lane to the iron, backdoor cuts...yeah francis can't do that....because oh yeah, he is a "ballhog" :rolleyes
4. YOU expect him to be a cancer, so it MUST be true :rolleyes
5. YOU think houston should trade him, so that should be Rox-front office strategy. :rolleyes

Nothing wrong with offering opinion, but that's all you have done...nothing you said is matter of fact and is quite ridiculous still.

Matchman
11-30-2007, 02:41 AM
I don't know if you would agree with me,but He learned the hard way to do so.
In the past Francis was like a spoiled boy who wouldn't share the ball with anybody,and he had to be the center of attention all the time.
Now,with all the bad experiences he had in the diferent teams he played for, He looks more mature and down to earth.
Hopefully being more mature will help him to get better as a teammate and a better person.

everyone has to mature at somepoint of his life. For players like Duncan and Yao, they are mentally ready for the NBA on the first night of their career. Others, like Francis, have to mature the hard way.

As for the Francis vs Vancouver thing, i agree that small market teams should not back down against the players they drafted. Milwaukee did the right thing and hold out on Yi until he signed with them. Otherwise, the next thing you know, no one wants to play in San Antonio after the Duncan-era anymore.

BeerIsGood!
11-30-2007, 02:45 AM
Francis has had a decent start in his minutes, but his bullshit failings are far from behind him. He still has plenty of time to fuck it all up, and it's still reasonable to expect him to do so until he proves otherwise.

dave
11-30-2007, 02:53 AM
how would you feel if your team sucked and you drafted him only to trade him for michael dickerson

although the management is still at greater fault cause he did repeatedly say he didnt want to play here

Ronaldo McDonald
11-30-2007, 02:54 PM
I just can't stand it when the media calls him "franchise".what the fuck has he done to deserve having that nickname. He hasn't done jack shit. He's ruined more franchises than he has helped them. there is a lot of irony in having the nick "franchise" when that has happened.

Roxsfan
12-01-2007, 01:37 AM
I just can't stand it when the media calls him "franchise".what the fuck has he done to deserve having that nickname. He hasn't done jack shit. He's ruined more franchises than he has helped them. there is a lot of irony in having the nick "franchise" when that has happened.

As you know, its just a play on his last name, not something to be taken literally......... Fran c....hise coupled with some young athleticism on a post-dream rox team that resulted in that nickname. That should tell you the state of the Rox organization back then when he could be labeled "the Franchise"......

Heck Yao and Tmac together have had a hard time being the "franchise," how could the media or whomever expect Stevie to be the Franchise...I will give you that...it is kind of dumb. But Houston fans had no other reason to go see a rox game were it not for francis injecting some entertainment on the hardwood in houston.

anakha
12-01-2007, 02:27 AM
1. Get over vancouver, oh poor baby you were rubbed the wrong way....wahh :rolleyes
2. Steve is not a ballhog any longer
3. Explain to me how he is going to ruin Adelman's motion offense..Passing, screening and driving the open lane to the iron, backdoor cuts...yeah francis can't do that....because oh yeah, he is a "ballhog" :rolleyes
4. YOU expect him to be a cancer, so it MUST be true :rolleyes
5. YOU think houston should trade him, so that should be Rox-front office strategy. :rolleyes

Nothing wrong with offering opinion, but that's all you have done...nothing you said is matter of fact and is quite ridiculous still.

1) It still happened. It may be harsh to dwell on it even now, but it still happened.

2) Too early to tell. But those past seasons where he was selfish and looking out for himself still happened. And will still be used as a basis for comparison to determine how he will end up playing this season.

4) He hasn't exactly been a good locker room leader since he came into the NBA. And those seasons where he did end up hurting Orlando and New York still happened.

So actually, Ronaldo does have some basis in fact, and it's up to Francis to prove him wrong.

ynh
12-03-2007, 03:34 AM
I remember Van offered us Steve for Stack and we turned it down... not sure if I think that was a bad thing or not.. Hill and Stack< Hill and Fransis? not sure... probably wouldn't of taken much to be better.. just get out of the first round and they would of been better.