PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone read this article?

Thunder Dan
11-29-2007, 11:06 AM
I tried reading it but the pictures as so disturbing I had to click out of it. I feel so bad for this kid and I never made it to why his face is like that. Anyone think they have the nerves to make it through the whole article?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/11/29/youssif.surgery/index.html

mrsmaalox
11-29-2007, 11:26 AM
I didn't read the article but he appears to have some really bad post burn scar tissue. The big globe looking things are skin stretchers, they are balloons put under the skin and gradually inflated over time and then they harvest that stretched skin for grafts. He looks pretty healthy so he'll most likely be fine. Probably the work of a suicide bomber.

sa_butta
11-29-2007, 11:29 AM
It's been nearly three months since CNN.com first reported on Youssif, who was attacked by masked men outside his Baghdad home in January, doused in gas and set on fire. CNN.com users, the burn center and the Children's Burn Foundation came to his aid, with more than $300,000 raised for his treatment.

Thunder Dan
11-29-2007, 11:31 AM
god it awful to look at and imagine someone else did it to him. That is just as bad a killing someone, to make a kid go the rest of his life with that kind of shit.

thispego
11-29-2007, 11:34 AM
burned in a fire. he's got balloons under his skin to stretch it out right now for reconstruction later

mrsmaalox
11-29-2007, 11:38 AM
god it awful to look at and imagine someone else did it to him. That is just as bad a killing someone, to make a kid go the rest of his life with that kind of shit.
it is very sad. But the worst part is over for him---he actually survived those burns, which is a miracle in itself. He'll go thru alot from now on, but it will all make it better as a result. It's hard to imagine though, that he is one of the LUCKY ones?!

Sunshine
11-29-2007, 01:01 PM
What happened to him (http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/08/22/iraq.boy/index.html)

Here is an article about how he got his burned, with a picture of what he looked like before the attack.

Very, very sad. He'll never be the same person.