PDA

View Full Version : Pro Elite losing chingos of $

2centsworth
11-29-2007, 01:17 PM
http://www.mmascoops.com/news.php?page=/189139569

they generated $1.9 million in six months. wow that is lame.

Evan
11-29-2007, 01:56 PM
Ugh....what a half @ss write up.

They also bought Cage Rage, King of the Cage and ICON this year. I am stunned they even made a profit. This is pretty good for them.

LEONARD
11-29-2007, 01:58 PM
Ugh....what a half @ss write up.

They also bought Cage Rage, King of the Cage and ICON this year. I am stunned they even made a profit. This is pretty good for them.

Come on now Evan...this extensively detailed article is all the proof we need that MMA is just a fad...

Evan
11-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Good point. :drunk

Evan
11-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Seriously though...how can you do a write up about finances and not mention how they spent all of their resources and income on acquisitions?

That's like reporting someone fell and died but failing to mention they jumped out of a plane without a parachute.

2centsworth
11-29-2007, 02:05 PM
also, why all of a sudden all the secrecy about PPV buyrates. Isn't it rumored that the past two shows have done less than 200k combined. You can find chingos about last years success, but very little about this year.

maybe Kimbo Slice will save the day lol.

2centsworth
11-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Seriously though...how can you do a write up about finances and not mention how they spent all of their resources and income on acquisitions?

That's like reporting someone fell and died but failing to mention they jumped out of a plane without a parachute.
it was reported they generated 1.9mil. Who cares if some poor schmuk invested a billion dollars.

Evan
11-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Seriously? If you can't figure that out there is no point in me even explaining that.

When you get older please have someone manage your investments and don't do it yourself.

2centsworth
11-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Seriously? If you can't figure that out there is no point in me even explaining that.

When you get older please have someone manage your investments and don't do it yourself.

I'd rather make a dollar on my $10 invesment than lose like these chumps.

your whole sport was tied up in two people, Lindell and Tito and you don't even know it.

LEONARD
11-29-2007, 02:27 PM
also, why all of a sudden all the secrecy about PPV buyrates. Isn't it rumored that the past two shows have done less than 200k combined. You can find chingos about last years success, but very little about this year.

maybe Kimbo Slice will save the day lol.

The PPV buys for 2006 didn't come out after every event...some leaked out and some didn't. The total for the year did though...I'm sure the total for 2007 will come out in a couple months...

The only ones that I've seen came out due to the Couture fiasco...

UFC 68 – 520k buys
UFC 74 – 485k buys

UFC 77 + UFC 78 < 200k total? BS. Where was this rumor'd at exactly? For such a non-fan, I find it odd that you dig deep enough to find rumor'd PPV buys for so many events...I'm not seeing them anywhere and I burn too much time on MMA sites... :lol

2centsworth
11-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Chuck is a big seller, but not any more. trend is going down, down ,down.

Fad and you know it.

LEONARD
11-29-2007, 02:43 PM
So you're just making up numbers??

oligarchy
11-29-2007, 02:52 PM
Rarely are correct numbers ever given. There are only "estimates" of what people think are going to be bought. Most true numbers don't come back for up to 9 months, and even then they aren't given out. Go look at the "guesstimates" for for the numbers that Coutoure gave out and you can see the "guesses" were wrong. So if you have numbers for 77 and 78, they are going to be wrong. I also don't see how a million buys in 2 events correlates to 2 events only get 100k a piece? That's just ridiculous. If you are talking about ProElite numbers, again a link to these purported numbers please.

LEONARD
11-29-2007, 03:01 PM
a link to these purported numbers please.

he's just trolling as usual...

Evan
11-29-2007, 03:10 PM
What he can't fathom is that MMA has dozens and dozens of true stars, unlike boxing which has one guy who likes to dress in fishnets.

oligarchy
11-29-2007, 03:16 PM
What? You mean Chuck and Tito aren't the only ones who can get PPV buys?

Evan
11-29-2007, 03:30 PM
What? You mean Chuck and Tito aren't the only ones who can get PPV buys?

:p:

BeerIsGood!
11-29-2007, 03:40 PM
What he can't fathom is that MMA has dozens and dozens of true stars, unlike boxing which has one guy who likes to dress in fishnets.

I like MMA, but boxing is still king. That Calzaghe-Kessler fight was better than any MMA I've seen, and it's not even the fight of the year.

2centsworth
11-29-2007, 03:48 PM
dilusional. Cotto Mosley just did 500k ppv which is the same as 600-650k mma.

Evan
11-29-2007, 03:51 PM
dilusional. Cotto Mosley just did 500k ppv which is the same as 600-650k mma.

Lets see boxing churn out PPV's with the frequency of MMA.

2centsworth
11-29-2007, 04:04 PM
Lets see boxing churn out PPV's with the frequency of MMA.papa, chuck is gone. Your sport is dead. be happy with 200k buys which is 150k boxing. also the live gate sales for boxing are off the charts compared to mma.

Evan
11-29-2007, 04:09 PM
papa, chuck is gone. Your sport is dead. be happy with 200k buys which is 150k boxing. also the live gate sales for boxing are off the charts compared to mma.

I have been saying for a very long time its best for the UFC for Chuck to go away.

Regardless, this will be huge...

http://www.icemanmma.com/images/stories/banners/ufc79.jpg

LEONARD
11-29-2007, 04:12 PM
I like MMA, but boxing is still king. That Calzaghe-Kessler fight was better than any MMA I've seen, and it's not even the fight of the year.

So I have to ask, what mma have you seen this year?

papa, chuck is gone. Your sport is dead. be happy with 200k buys which is 150k boxing. also the live gate sales for boxing are off the charts compared to mma.

still waiting on your PPV #'s source, mama...

Chuck = mma...I had no idea!! :lol

2centsworth
11-29-2007, 04:28 PM
So I have to ask, what mma have you seen this year?

still waiting on your PPV #'s source, mama...

Chuck = mma...I had no idea!! :lol
Of course you had no idea, you're clueless. You actually think people paid to see Bisbing vs what's his name.

LEONARD
11-29-2007, 04:56 PM
Of course you had no idea, you're clueless. You actually think people paid to see Bisbing vs what's his name.

Bisping-Evans was a terrible main event (I said that here many times)...any MMA fan would tell you that too, despite your attempt to make it look like we're all blind idiots. It was still a good card overall though...

Still waiting...backup YOUR numbers or STFU, troll...

Evan
11-29-2007, 05:16 PM

Bisping Vs Evans was not supposed to be the main event.

It was supposed to be Chuck Vs Silva but Silva had to push it back... It was a very solid card without a headline main event.

Again why can't boxing put on this many shows........

LEONARD
11-29-2007, 05:45 PM
The sport is clearly fading away...it was fun while it lasted boys... :cry

* Nov 30th: BodogFight Russia vs USA 2
* Dec 1st: Cage Rage 24
* Dec 8th: Ultimate Fighter 6 Finale (same time as Mayweather vs Hatton)
* Dec 12th: WEC31
* Dec 15th: Icon Sports
* Dec 15th: HDNet Reckless Abandon
* Dec 29th: IFL Grand Prix Finals
* Dec 29th: UFC Nemesis
* Dec 31st: K1 Dynamite
* Dec 31st: Yarennoka!

2centsworth
11-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Bisping Vs Evans was not supposed to be the main event.

It was supposed to be Chuck Vs Silva but Silva had to push it back... It was a very solid card without a headline main event.

Again why can't boxing put on this many shows........
first, boxing does put on a lot of shows. However, why would they want to follow in the footsteps of Vince McMahon and Wrestling? Your Hulk Hogan is fading fast, but maybe Goldberg can help revive the sport.

2centsworth
11-29-2007, 06:17 PM
The sport is clearly fading away...it was fun while it lasted boys... :cry

* Nov 30th: BodogFight Russia vs USA 2
* Dec 1st: Cage Rage 24
* Dec 8th: Ultimate Fighter 6 Finale (same time as Mayweather vs Hatton)
* Dec 12th: WEC31
* Dec 15th: Icon Sports
* Dec 15th: HDNet Reckless Abandon
* Dec 29th: IFL Grand Prix Finals
* Dec 29th: UFC Nemesis
* Dec 31st: K1 Dynamite
* Dec 31st: Yarennoka!
all losing money except maybe the UFC, but with the Pride debacle maybe the they are all losing money. Also, who in the hell watches most of that stuff?

LEONARD
11-30-2007, 09:13 AM
all losing money except maybe the UFC, but with the Pride debacle maybe the they are all losing money. Also, who in the hell watches most of that stuff?

Real MMA fans do...

So are you going to reveal your source for your PPV buyrates or not chump??

Evan
11-30-2007, 09:41 AM
all losing money except maybe the UFC, but with the Pride debacle maybe the they are all losing money.

WTF are you talking about?

Seriously...start providing links to back up your statements or there is no point in even debating with you.

Evan
12-21-2007, 11:29 AM
As further proof how far off this topic is...

http://mmajunkie.com/2007/12/16/proelites-shopping-spree-continues-with-icon-sport/

LEONARD
12-21-2007, 11:36 AM
Let's not talk about the PPV #'s for Mayweather-Hatton compared to the projected numbers either...

850k vs 1.5M...

oops...

2centsworth
12-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Let's not talk about the PPV #'s for Mayweather-Hatton compared to the projected numbers either...

850k vs 1.5M...

oops...
Still over 1M mma. Nevertheless, I don't like Mayweather as much as the next guy. His fights are usually boring.

BTW, atleast boxing releases number in good and bad times. mma, for having such balls, sure are scared to release their numbers.

anyways, the back and forth is getting old. I still think a good mma fight is entertaining, but I can't even recognize the names anymore. You have to be obsessed to keep up with mma.

Evan
12-21-2007, 12:00 PM
UFC PPV numbers are thinned out since they have so many events, many of which are free. Dana White even addressed this at the end of 2006 he made it clear he expects the actual specific PPV fight numbers to drop since they will have so many fights in 07 but the total purchases for the year to rise.

Boxing could never dream of having so many events.

If the back and forth is getting old why do you keep making the threads and hoping in the MMA threads?

2centsworth
12-21-2007, 12:50 PM
UFC PPV numbers are thinned out since they have so many events, many of which are free. Dana White even addressed this at the end of 2006 he made it clear he expects the actual specific PPV fight numbers to drop since they will have so many fights in 07 but the total purchases for the year to rise.

Boxing could never dream of having so many events.
as I said I'm tired of the back and forth for right now.

If the back and forth is getting old why do you keep making the threads and hoping in the MMA threads?
I like to mess with people who I perceive as arrogant especially when they keep trolling boxing threads.

Also, look at the record I don't think I've ever jumped in an MMA thread and started criticizing the sport. If I ever do jump in it's always to talk about the fighter or sport in a good way.

again, I was a fan of they sport and stil am to some degree, but the obnoxious mma fans has soured the sport in my eyes.

LEONARD
12-21-2007, 01:24 PM
BTW, atleast boxing releases number in good and bad times. mma, for having such balls, sure are scared to release their numbers

I don't get it...you quote the UFC PPV numbers often...how is that??

as I said I'm tired of the back and forth for right now.

I like to mess with people who I perceive as arrogant especially when they keep trolling boxing threads.

Also, look at the record I don't think I've ever jumped in an MMA thread and started criticizing the sport. If I ever do jump in it's always to talk about the fighter or sport in a good way.

again, I was a fan of they sport and stil am to some degree, but the obnoxious mma fans has soured the sport in my eyes.

Never criticized the sport? :lol :lol :lol (I'm not going to bother pulling quotes because you're response will be that I'm obsessed and need help :lol)

Sorry, but I don't buy that you were ever much of an MMA fan...that's just based on some of the things you've said here...like Rampage vs Henderson was a joke, for example...

2centsworth
12-21-2007, 02:13 PM
I don't get it...you quote the UFC PPV numbers often...how is that??
you can only obtain estimates now, unlike the past

Never criticized the sport? :lol :lol :lol (I'm not going to bother pulling quotes because you're response will be that I'm obsessed and need help :lol)I bet that was in a boxing thread that you trolled. If memory serves me right, it's the boxing thread that you went in to and said boxing isn't fighting.

Sorry, but I don't buy that you were ever much of an MMA fan...that's just based on some of the things you've said here...like Rampage vs Henderson was a joke, for example... compared to the obsessed you're right, but I started watching when Royce Gracie was on top. I remember tank, renzo, Kimo, Shamrock, etc... Then I started to follow Tito to Chuck. The game got huge and then the worst of the sport started to show, mainly it's fans.

Rampage vs Henderson was a very technical fight. What's exciting to me is striking and those guys never took the risk, and from a technical standpoint they probably made the right decision. However, from an entertainment standpoint is was closer to a Mayweather fight in my eyes.

TheTruth
12-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Why the hell do we have to keep talking numbers. The night of the Mayweather fight, I watched a damn good MMA card on Spike and damn good boxing match on PPV. Why does it have to go past that.

The only thing Leonard ever says in a Boxing thread is that he gave it a chance and didn't like it. Then he'll come back 20 minutes later and post something negative about the PPV buys.

2cent needs to just stop feeding the MMA crazies. They outnumber us on this site.

Evan
12-21-2007, 03:05 PM
This entire thread was made to start an argument with MMA fans.

TheTruth
12-21-2007, 03:16 PM
This entire thread was made to start an argument with MMA fans.
Congratulations on taking the bait.

Evan
12-21-2007, 03:20 PM

I appreciate the support.

LEONARD
12-21-2007, 03:37 PM
you can only obtain estimates now, unlike the past

I bet that was in a boxing thread that you trolled. If memory serves me right, it's the boxing thread that you went in to and said boxing isn't fighting.

compared to the obsessed you're right, but I started watching when Royce Gracie was on top. I remember tank, renzo, Kimo, Shamrock, etc... Then I started to follow Tito to Chuck. The game got huge and then the worst of the sport started to show, mainly it's fans.

Rampage vs Henderson was a very technical fight. What's exciting to me is striking and those guys never took the risk, and from a technical standpoint they probably made the right decision. However, from an entertainment standpoint is was closer to a Mayweather fight in my eyes.

Still waiting on a source for your estimates...I've seen numbers for about 3 events this year and that's it...

Early to mid-90's UFC was garbage. Everything makes sense now...you'd rather watch Tank than skilled athletes like Rampage and Hendo...

Rampage and Hendo stayed on their feet plenty and threw plenty of huge punches...you make it sound like a jab fest. Neither guy is easy to KO. Hendo has never been knocked out and he's a MW...very unlikely that he'd KO Rampage...

"Taking the bait" intentionally is fun...

TheTruth
12-21-2007, 04:29 PM
I enjoyed that fight of Tank's when he tried to throw the tiny grappler out of the cage, only to have the tiny grappler grab hold of him and submit him. That was high comedy.

Evan
12-21-2007, 04:33 PM
who? what?

TheTruth
12-21-2007, 04:34 PM
who? what?
I'm not sure who he was fighting, but it happened years ago and was hilarious.

Evan
12-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Oh Tank Abbot!

May have been back in the mid 90's. There was many freakshow fights in the beginning.

Fights like that is what got MMA de-regulated.

LEONARD
12-21-2007, 04:41 PM
I enjoyed that fight of Tank's when he tried to throw the tiny grappler out of the cage, only to have the tiny grappler grab hold of him and submit him. That was high comedy.

Sounds wicked...

Evan
12-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Do you know what fight he is talking about?

I don't remember ever hearing of somone trying to be tossed out of the ring.

TheTruth
12-21-2007, 05:15 PM
It was on one of those old UFC compilation videos they used to rent out in the late '90s. I've searched and can't find the video. It is hilarious, and you need to try to find it.

Evan
12-21-2007, 05:19 PM
It was on one of those old UFC compilation videos they used to rent out in the late '90s. I've searched and can't find the video. It is hilarious, and you need to try to find it.

Ok then for sure its probably between UFC 1 to 10. Thats when it wasn't really MMA as much as discipline vs discipline. Crazy stuff. 310 pound fat slugger against a little 100lb karate guy.

I'm glad it got banned and returned as it did.

And for all the MMA vs Boxing chaos we have here...

I really do still like boxing (it was the first sport I followed) although I am upset how its run and I think all boxing fans should be. I really think MMA will help boxing solve some of its problems and I would love for one day to see a event where boxings best and MMA's best have a co-main event.

and I don't mean Boxer vs MMA...just two seperate fights. And I really think that will happen within the next 5 years...Probably on HBO.