PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching the massacre at the garden?

Timmy!
11-29-2007, 10:24 PM
Isaiah is gone.

Mitch Cumsteen
11-29-2007, 10:30 PM
They should've invoked the mercy rule and called this game at halftime.

Nice to see Malik getting some quality minutes.

Otaku
11-29-2007, 10:31 PM
100 - 51 with 3 minutes to go...

SpursFanFirst
11-29-2007, 10:42 PM
:wow What the hell!!!! I'm just now checking the NBA scores. That is insane!!!!

angel_luv
11-29-2007, 10:45 PM
They should've invoked the mercy rule and called this game at halftime.

Nice to see Malik getting some quality minutes.

Amen about the mercy rule.

The chaos that is the Knicks has hurt Malik's game.

He didn't look like himself out there.

I wish we could bring Malik back here.

Timmy!
11-29-2007, 10:45 PM
Team just quit.....

angel_luv
11-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Team just quit.....

I am surprised this team has managed to beat anyone.

They have no chemisty, hustle, or system.

They look awful.

Boston is just way too good. Knicks never had a chance.

easjer
11-29-2007, 10:48 PM
We watched the entire second half, in awe the entire time.

They were down by 30 at the half. They barely broke 40 by the 4th. And ended up down by almost 50. Unreal.

I hope Isaiah is gone.

exstatic
11-29-2007, 11:01 PM
That was one of the most pathetic "efforts" I've even seen in major league sports. They have totally quit on Isaiah.

angel_luv
11-29-2007, 11:04 PM
That was one of the most pathetic "efforts" I've even seen in major league sports. They have totally quit on Isaiah.

I didn't see a team that quit so much as a team that was totally unprepared and, therefore, lost.

I think Isaiah let the team down way more than the other way around.

exstatic
11-29-2007, 11:11 PM
I didn't see a team that quit so much as a team that was totally unprepared and, therefore, lost.

I think Isaiah let the team down way more than the other way around.
Isaiah is not a good coach, and certainly isn't blameless, but you don't get beat by almost 50 without quitting. The entire organization is a bunch of clowns, from Dolan down to the #12 player on the bench. They should just contract the franchise, hold a dispersal draft and save the city of NY the embarrassment of having to watch them.

Timmy!
11-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Somewhere Larry Brown must be laughing his ass off.

samikeyp
11-29-2007, 11:19 PM
So what's the over/under on days before Zeke is out?

Southern
11-29-2007, 11:29 PM
Has I.thomas brain?..He has not strategy,passion and desire(on a victory).

Knicks has defeat after defeat.
I think that today`s game is an ignominious defeat.

angel_luv
11-29-2007, 11:30 PM
The entire organization is a bunch of clowns, from Dolan down to the #12 player on the bench.

Minus Malik!

Isaiah is not a good coach, and certainly isn't blameless, but you don't get beat by almost 50 without quitting.

You make sense and your point has merit, but I don't absolutely agree with it.

Anyone would fail at a task they have not been adequately prepared for.

I don't think that the Knicks stopped trying to score. I think they really don't know how to work together and make baskets.
Individual strategy and individual effort is only going to take you so far in a team sport.

Charles barley commentated a bit during the fourth quarter that, that current knicks line up was trying- just none of them were very good.

But even if you blame the loss on an inferior or even a slacker squad, who put the team together?
Wasn't it Isaiah before he took over coaching?

If I have missed how Isaiah has helped the franchise, I wouldn't mind being enlightened.

As for the Knicks, before I permanently write them off, I want to see the team under some capable leadership.

After tonight's game, I almost want to loan Pop to the organization for a week or two.
He'd be able to sort them out. :)

Spurminator
11-29-2007, 11:30 PM
I've given up on assuming Isiah is going anywhere... there have been at least 40 "This is where he gets fired" games in the last three seasons and he's still there.

He's got pictures of somebody.

angel_luv
11-29-2007, 11:34 PM
:lol

When I was a kid Isaiah Thomas was one of my favorite players.

I hardly know him now. :(

Mitch Cumsteen
11-29-2007, 11:45 PM
I'm trying to figure out exactly what Isaiah has to do to get fired. I mean, really, is there anything left? It's completely unfathomable that he still has a job with the Knicks.

Cry Havoc
11-29-2007, 11:50 PM
The Knicks are the worst organization in sports. Worse than any of the teams that might be moved to a different home in a year or two.

Kriz-Maxima
11-29-2007, 11:57 PM
This organization has failed from top to bottom, ownership, management, coaches and players. Today the players looked as if they didnt care, they didnt care about scoring defending, playing. They didnt want to be on that court. There was no effort from the opening tip to the final buzzer.

To me, they quit.

mrsmaalox
11-30-2007, 12:03 AM
That was unbelievable. Poor Malik must be SO humiliated!

Brutalis
11-30-2007, 12:29 AM
Here is my take:

The Knicks blow. I have known for a while as have most of us that Isiah is a virus and the team just sucks. This may actually be a good thing, as now it's a good shot that Isiah will not be coaching soon, and they can at least have hope for more change coming.

Not to take away from Boston, they are just that good too. And the Knicks picked the wrong time just give up, against this squad.

It will be the Finals we Spurs fans have been waiting for. As I am calling it as I did last year, (gloats a bit..................................... and I'm good), Celts/Spurs in the end with us getting five.

Not that the Detroit series sucked. But Boston will be a bigger matchup, like times 100 billion.

smahmood26
11-30-2007, 12:30 AM
Yes the Knicks were bad, but nothing was as bad as Reggie Miller's commentary. My goodness, why in the world is he still on air.

mrsmaalox
11-30-2007, 12:46 AM
Yes the Knicks were bad, but nothing was as bad as Reggie Miller's commentary. My goodness, why in the world is he still on air.
Yea but I'm not sure I like sitting in the studio with the TNT guys either. He just doesn't seem to have any "chemistry" with anyone.

Axl Van Dam
11-30-2007, 12:56 AM
These current batch of Knickerbockers are a fucking embarassment.

Mitch Cumsteen
11-30-2007, 01:00 AM
Some fun stats from the game: Ray Allen was +45. That has to be some kind of a record for +/-. Eddy Curry was -36.

some_user86
11-30-2007, 01:02 AM
Because his sister is Cheryl Miller, and she has some pull since she's actually good at her job.

pawe
11-30-2007, 01:16 AM
I doubt this team will play any better under a different coach. I mean, Isiah isnt the one playing on the court right? No effort whatsoever.

baseline bum
11-30-2007, 01:59 AM
Sucks seeing Malik on that abortion of a team.

mattyc
11-30-2007, 02:00 AM
Horrible, just horrible.

ShoogarBear
11-30-2007, 02:34 AM
Too bad they weren't playing in MSG. That would have been entertaining.

Southern
11-30-2007, 02:35 AM
Sucks seeing Malik on that abortion of a team.What a beautiful stat..!!!!! :downspin: 20.20.10.8

Dingle Barry
11-30-2007, 02:58 AM
Malik sucks

timvp
11-30-2007, 03:10 AM
Sucks seeing Malik on that abortion of a team.True. The bad part is Malik isn't the type of player who will go through the motions and just cash his check on a bad team. He still cares, which has to suck.

Although, his PER of -9 (yes, negative nine) pretty much tells you what happens when an undersized big gets old and loses his athleticism.

MONTENEGRINO
11-30-2007, 03:29 AM
I will never understand one thing about Knicks:
How those players still avoiding colective suicide???!!! I mean, c'mon man, you're playing for the club from NYC, the city of bball fans!!! And you've no pride when you step on court in legendary MSG???!!!
Being from Europe, I cannot understand this. Just ask Manu and Tony what is any european court, any european fan group like... Man, we make NOISE!!!

Extra Stout
11-30-2007, 09:29 AM
Firing Isiah won't put the Knicks on the path the recovery because their CEO, James Dolan, is incompetent, and will continue to make disastrous decisions.

Charles Dolan is a genius and a pioneer of cable television. He founded HBO. He built a vast media empire in and around NY.

James Dolan is Tommy Boy.

When Daddy dies, James will run Cablevision into the ground if the shareholders can't stop him (his bid to privatize the company failed), and Time Warner will scoop up the remains. At that point, the idiot son will also have to unload the Knicks and the Rangers.

I figure that will take about 10 years to work itself out. In the meantime, the Knicks will continue to be an embarrassment.

Spurminator
11-30-2007, 09:30 AM
Too bad they weren't playing in MSG. That would have been entertaining.

It's funny, for a while I thought they were... I was thrown off by the road whites, and I thought their own crowd was rooting against them.

spurschick
11-30-2007, 09:36 AM
I came at the end of the 3rd quarter and couldn't believe the score. It made me incredibly sad. I feel bad for the hardworking players stuck in that situation.

ArgSpursFan.
11-30-2007, 09:53 AM
I guess, all the knicks players just pulled a Carter on Isaiah.

florige
11-30-2007, 10:38 AM
Man, I don't think that I could beat the Knicks by that much on 2k8 with the settings on starter. Isiah should have been toast a long time ago. I don't know how he's managed to last this long dragging a pretty good franchise down the crapper.

1Parker1
11-30-2007, 10:38 AM
Wow, I watched the 2nd half like watching a trainwreck.

What's sadder is all those people in the stands they showed wearing their Knicks Jersey's who came all the way from NYC for the game to see the "renewed rivalry." I think it has to be harder for Knicks fans to see this happen.

Isaiah's response after the loss "He's considering a lineup change." Does he really think that's what will help? Marbury is their leader which is just sad. Looking at their team on paper, they really aren't as bad as they've appeared the last couple of seasons. I think it starts with team identity and team culture which the President and Coach failed to enforce.

Slomo
11-30-2007, 11:01 AM
I came at the end of the 3rd quarter and couldn't believe the score.:oops:oops:oops

It made me incredibly sad.You're doing it wrong! :spin

bdictjames
11-30-2007, 11:08 AM
I feel bad for David Lee. I really think this guy is serious and could be one of the best scoring power forwards of the game.

1Parker1
11-30-2007, 11:18 AM
David Lee, Jamaal Crawford, and Nate Robinson are the only guys I see on that team that really give an effort night in and night out.

ShoogarBear
11-30-2007, 12:40 PM
You're doing it wrong! :spinSomething she has in common with Isiah.

ancestron
11-30-2007, 12:54 PM
I saw Tim Duncan and Malik Rose together in the Shops at LaCantera parking lot back in July. I got their autographs but didn't bug them with a whole lot of questions, mainly because I could barely speak.

easjer
11-30-2007, 12:58 PM
It's just terrible. I do blame some of the players, though, because when I was watching - there was no effort. I would have thought for sheer pride's sake they would have tried harder to break 60 and/or not let the lead creep up to 50. Good Lord, it looked in the last quarter like Boston was trying to miss shots to give them rebounds. The refs were apologetic.

The image I remember was the Knicks fan in the stands who they caught on camera taking off his jersey, throwing it in disgust and walking out.

I too thought about that game being in MSG. I said to SFIE that they would have had to issue ticket refunds on that travesty. He commented that there would have been a full-scale riot. I think he's right.

ShoogarBear
12-01-2007, 01:33 AM
And then they bounce back hard in the 4th and hand it to the Bucks, for their third win in the last four. Go figure.