PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony: THUG

Pages : [1] 2

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
11-30-2007, 01:00 AM
Anyone tune into the TNT game?

What's wrong with that guy? He grabbed the Laker Scrub Sasha Vujacic by the throat after the the guy pushed the lead to 20, just because he dropped a few shots on his weakass team.

I've never been sympathetic for the Lakers as the good side, but looks like Carmello's gonna get suspended again.

exstatic
11-30-2007, 01:03 AM
Fucking cheap shot. People keep saying he's changed, but he hasn't. He's still a punk ass.

Actually, he's only a thug wannabee. After that sissy ass punch an' run against NY last year, no one will ever fear anything but the cheap blindsides like the one he dished to Vujacic.

Leetonidas
11-30-2007, 01:06 AM
I gotta see this whenever it hits YouTube.com

san antonio spurs
11-30-2007, 01:07 AM
I also question george karl as a coach(leadership wise).
His team was up by 17, their lead dissapeared, yet didn't make any changes at halftime.
Now his starting players are getting manhandled by the lakers reserves.

pking
11-30-2007, 01:11 AM
Grabbed him by the throat? Really? Jeez. wish I had seen that..

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-30-2007, 01:12 AM
Nuggets suck.

Fire GK (as the should have last season)
Trade AI + Melo for a star that passes the ball
Let the bench play more minutes

I wish i was a knicks fan :lol

exstatic
11-30-2007, 01:12 AM
Vujacic was attempting to drive the left baseline, and Pussy Boy just basically grabbed him by the throat and tossed him down. There was nothing remotely basketball about the play. Vince McMahon would have been proud of it, though.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
11-30-2007, 01:14 AM
Fucking cheap shot. People keep saying he's changed, but he hasn't. He's still a punk ass.

Actually, he's only a thug wannabee. After that sissy ass punch an' run against NY last year, no one will ever fear anything but the cheap blindsides like the one he dished to Vujacic.

Yeah, so far he's picked on Sasha and Nate Robinson via cheap shots. I can see Carmello continuing to do this crap. It was too blatant, just because his team was losing, he grabs an opposing weaker player by the throat. What a coward.

san antonio spurs
11-30-2007, 01:17 AM
Nuggets suck.

Fire GK (as the should have last season)
Trade AI + Melo for a star that passes the ball
Let the bench play more minutes

I wish i was a knicks fan :lol
I have watched George Karl coached teams for a while now, and I think he's a good assistant coach. :lol
he's much like Norv Turner

pawe
11-30-2007, 01:21 AM
I wanna see him do that to Artest or Big Ben..I bet they're gonna floor his ass in a second.

Leetonidas
11-30-2007, 01:33 AM
Charles just said it shouldn't have been a Flagrant II and that the call would be rescinded. I didn't get a good look but it didn't look too bad.

BeerIsGood!
11-30-2007, 01:34 AM
I wanna see him do that to Artest or Big Ben..I bet they're gonna floor his ass in a second.

He'd never do that. He's too much of a bitch. He wouldn't even do it to a guy like Robert Horry because he knows Horry will find a way to ding his berries a few times for the rest of the game.

BeerIsGood!
11-30-2007, 01:34 AM
OP - you didn't realize this guy was a cheap ass wannabe little bitch when he repeatedly cheap shotted Manu during the '05 1st round demolition of the Nugs by the Spurs?

Medvedenko
11-30-2007, 01:40 AM
He did grab him by the throat...but Sasha sold it....as acting is in his DNA....if they suspend kobe for lesser bs than they should suspend Carmelo....who's also a repeat offender...but I will say that Sasha flopped to exagerate the call.

Purple & Gold
11-30-2007, 02:02 AM
Sasha was lighting him up. :lol :lol :lol :hungry: :hungry: :clap :clap :clap

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
11-30-2007, 02:20 AM
He did grab him by the throat...but Sasha sold it....as acting is in his DNA....if they suspend kobe for lesser bs than they should suspend Carmelo....who's also a repeat offender...but I will say that Sasha flopped to exagerate the call.
I think he really did get him, but yeah, Sasha made sure they'd call it, especially with his crawling. :lol

Like, it looked like it really hurt him though. Because even though he was laughing it off with his team, still looked he was hurt. Maybe he was acting, but i'm pretty sure getting dragged by the throat by a guy bigger than you still feels uncomfortable.
But yeah, a cheap shot to the throat is still a cheap shot...and potentially dangerous.

atxrocker
11-30-2007, 02:28 AM
bitch move. i have defended melo in the past and consider myself somewhat a fan of his game, but this shit is fucking stupid. what a bad move for the guy.

Matchman
11-30-2007, 02:50 AM
Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL1_fXU0n1U
I heard from somewhere that the Chinese call Melo the "Sweet Melon"? :drunk LoL
He is making us non-Denver fans really hard to like him.

ludda
11-30-2007, 04:09 AM
it was a bitch move, but sasha definitely sold it. I like that 2 sec after the ejection, he's smiling and high-fiving everyone. Still, "melo" is a little punk, nothing new.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
11-30-2007, 05:07 AM
you didn't realize this guy was a cheap ass wannabe little bitch when he repeatedly cheap shotted Manu during the '05 1st round demolition of the Nugs by the Spurs?

I remember that. But Manu pissed off a lot of guys that year. :lol
I guess I thought Carmelo would grow up a little by now.

this was from ESPN:

"It wasn't intentionally done," Anthony said. "I hope people don't overreact."

When Vujacic was told that Anthony accused him of embellishing the foul by flopping, the Lakers' reserve guard responded with a bemused grin.

"I think I've got to give him a DVD of European soccer. Then he can really see flops," Vujacic said. "I think it was frustration on his part. He's one of the best players in the league. But we did an amazing job on defense against him by double-teaming him -- and that's why he tried to choke me. I was surprised that he grabbed me with his hand."

How can you unintentionally grab someone by the throat? :lol

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=271129013

RC's Boss
11-30-2007, 05:28 AM
OKAYYYYY???? I didn't really see the big deal. Eject him and move one.

Walter Craparita
11-30-2007, 05:38 AM
he's always been a dirty bastard.

Everytime his team has lost the game he starts pushing people. Does it all the time against the Spurs in the playoffs.

This is the same pussy that threw that punch last year and backtracked to the other side of the court in .05 seconds.

Pero
11-30-2007, 06:44 AM
He did get him in the throat, but I think Sasha acted on how hard it was. :lol

JamStone
11-30-2007, 06:45 AM
Was not a cheap shot. Was nothing more than defending a guy going baseline and putting your hand on him to slow his progress. He happened to put his hand a little high and Sasha exaggerated the contact. It did not deserve a technical foul. In fact, on any other player other than Sasha or a ballerina, it wouldn't have made the player fall down, much less act like he just got shot in the neck. Total exaggeration and a flop.

timvp
11-30-2007, 07:18 AM
I can't really tell from the YouTube. The reaction from Sasha was a classic soccer move -- grab your throat and pretend you can't breathe. Carmelo had bad defensive position ... then again it's Carmelo so hard to know what he was doing defensively.

Borosai
11-30-2007, 07:52 AM
Sasha, you have been Mellowed.

PoleSmoking
11-30-2007, 08:09 AM
Good. It seems like it's pretty much unanimous in here: Carmello Anthony is a straight-up punk ass little bitch, and we're all tired of his crap. Now, for God's sake, can we fans just please make sure to keep this asswipe off the all-star team from now on? No matter how many points he averages? I was disappointed when Stern went ahead and let him play after Mello's shameful "hit-and-run" BS last year. Heck, I was disappointed to even see his name as a candidate for MVP (what a joke, an MVP doesn't let his team down by getting suspended for a huge chunk of the season).

Is there any way we can get this fruity little scumbag off the olympic team, too? It almost makes me sick that he's representing our country to the world. Man, I hate that guy ... he's a total disgrace to the league and the country.

Findog
11-30-2007, 09:45 AM
Good. It seems like it's pretty much unanimous in here: Carmello Anthony is a straight-up punk ass little bitch, and we're all tired of his crap. Now, for God's sake, can we fans just please make sure to keep this asswipe off the all-star team from now on? No matter how many points he averages? I was disappointed when Stern went ahead and let him play after Mello's shameful "hit-and-run" BS last year. Heck, I was disappointed to even see his name as a candidate for MVP (what a joke, an MVP doesn't let his team down by getting suspended for a huge chunk of the season).

Is there any way we can get this fruity little scumbag off the olympic team, too? It almost makes me sick that he's representing our country to the world. Man, I hate that guy ... he's a total disgrace to the league and the country.

West Baltimore!

SpursFanFirst
11-30-2007, 10:29 AM
Hmmm...it's tough to tell from those angles whether it was as bad as Sasha made it out to be. The part that irritates me though is, after that happened, they showed Carmelo standing around laughing about it.

angel_luv
11-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Anyone tune into the TNT game?

What's wrong with that guy? He grabbed the Laker Sasha Vujacic by the throat after the the guy pushed the lead to 20, just because he dropped a few shots on his weakass team.

Oh he is so done! You don't mess with one of my Slovenians.

I say suspend him for life. Or better yet, make him go play with the Knicks.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Actually, he's only a thug wannabee.

EXACTLY. Carmelo Anthony is no thug - he's a fucking pussy is what he is.

seriously, the "hit and run" last year, and now he's starting shit with little SASHA VUJACIC?

If Carmelo was really a thug he'd go after somebody more his own size instead of choking some little guy who isn't gonna fight back. That's the ultimate pussy move.

Jerry Stackhouse would fuckin maul Carmelo Bitch Anthony.

Carmelo is the biggest pussy bitch in the NBA.

Kriz-Maxima
11-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Watching the vid again i dont think he did it on purpose. It looks as if he tried to put the hand on him to know his location without realizing it was on his throad. His only mistake was that when he turned his head, and saw where it was he pushed, he didnt even push hard but he did pushed. Had he seen and taken off his hand without pushing the history would be different.

angel_luv
11-30-2007, 11:34 AM
The ref whom ejected Melo was standing right there and had a clear view of what happened.

Besides, how do you not know the feel of a throat when you have your hand around it?

JamStone
11-30-2007, 11:42 AM
my god some of you never ever played contact sports ever in your lives. that was not a technical foul, it was barely a regular foul. it was a fucking flop. you guys have become desensitized by Manu.

phyzik
11-30-2007, 11:45 AM
In other news, Water is wet.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 11:49 AM
my god some of you never ever played contact sports ever in your lives. that was not a technical foul, it was barely a regular foul. it was a fucking flop. you guys have become desensitized by Manu.
did you even watch the fucking video? Carmelo has his hand wrapped around his throat and shoves him. Why would the ref immediately rush over and emphatically throw him out on the spot if it was all flop?

O-Factor
11-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Mellow needs to get his ass kicked sometime this year.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 11:57 AM
did you even watch the fucking video? Carmelo has his hand wrapped around his throat and shoves him. Why would the ref immediately rush over and emphatically throw him out on the spot if it was all flop?

I watched the game last night, watched the replays, and watched the video.

I guess NBA referees never ever ever make mistakes huh?

A foul ... sure, ok, like I said barely. A technical foul and ejection? Bullshit. And, for those who say he choked Sasha? Please.

Medvedenko
11-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Jamstone....I know Sasha exagerated the move...but you can't place your hand on a dude's throat....sorry you'll get ejected every time...also who knows maybe melo was pulling dirty shit the whole quarter and finally the ref had enough...we don't see everything.

Fabbs
11-30-2007, 12:07 PM
The ref whom ejected Melo was standing right there and had a clear view of what happened.

Besides, how do you not know the feel of a throat when you have your hand around it?
Yeah because the throat and the chest feel so much alike you know.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 12:08 PM
I watched the game last night, watched the replays, and watched the video.

I guess NBA referees never ever ever make mistakes huh?

A foul ... sure, ok, like I said barely. A technical foul and ejection? Bullshit. And, for those who say he choked Sasha? Please.
Well I'm sure your opinion would be a little different if it was Gugliotta on the receiving end of a Carmelo Choke/Push, but it was just little Sasha Vujacic.

Making a mistake on a foul on the floor is one thing. But that ref was WATCHING CARMELO THE WHOLE TIME and he IMMEDIATELY threw him out. That was before Vujacic did his little "ouch i can't breathe" routine. The way the ref immediately threw him out without any sort of discussion with the other refs, along with the plain as day video evidence of Carmelo grabbing him by the throat and shoving him, convinced me pretty good of Carmelo's pussy ass move.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-30-2007, 12:08 PM
Look like there was a little bit of the dramatics there. Definitely a foul. As a technical foul, that's a little debatable. Ill intent or not players should at least have the self awareness not to have a hand/forearm/elbow up near a guy's neck. As far as the ejection goes I think that's strictly a matter of Melo's reputation for frustration fouls and cheap shots biting him in the ass.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Carmelo wasn't even looking at Sasha when he put his hand up against his throat area. He was looking out where the basketball was, put his hand out to feel for Sasha and to slow him down if he was going to move baseline. As soon as Melo put his hand on him, Sasha's body lowered forward and pushed up against Melo's hand. Melo did not pull his hand back and then the dramatics ensued. I saw the whole play. I saw the official looking at the play. And, I disagree with it being a technical foul and ejection. And, it makes no difference what else happened in the quarter or the game. That play individually did not warrant a technical foul or ejection.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Melo did not pull his hand back
so what explains Melo's arm shoving forward? Stickum on Vujacic's neck?

JamStone
11-30-2007, 12:36 PM
Melo's arm never pushed or shoved forward. Watch the video. Melo's hand actually started around Sasha's chest. Sasha lowered his body so the hand was near his throat area, then he pushed his body forward. Melo never relaxed his arm or pull it back. But, he didn't push his hand forward either. Watch the video. The whole play lasted less than 2 seconds. Stop watching the slow replay to make it seem longer. Melo should have released his hand. He didn't. But, he didn't shove or choke Sasha either. It was a fucking Euro soccer flop. And, you and apparently a bunch of people in this thread as well as that one official fell for that shit.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 12:37 PM
so his right arm doesn't move forward? the arm attached to the hand on Vujacic's neck never moves forward? Vujacic flops and that arm stays where it is. is that what you're saying? because if you're saying that, you're full of shit.

lefty
11-30-2007, 12:37 PM

Carmelo after punching a Knick last season :

http://images.nbcsports.com/uploads/gallery_photo/image/1286/468long/sprint.jpg

JamStone
11-30-2007, 12:39 PM
so his right arm doesn't move forward? the arm attached to the hand on Vujacic's neck never moves forward? Vujacic flops and that arm stays where it is. is that what you're saying? because if you're saying that, you're full of shit.

Are you serious? Sasha's body is moving forward. Melo's arm is not moving forward. It's not moving back. Do you understand physics? Watch the fucking video.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 12:40 PM
Are you serious? Sasha's body is moving forward. Melo's arm is not moving forward. It's not moving back. Do you understand physics? Watch the fucking video.
his left arm moves back. his RIGHT ARM WHICH WAS THE ONE GRABBING VUJACIC SHOVES FORWARD. watch the video again you stupid ass.

IMDB Quote Machine
11-30-2007, 12:45 PM
http://www.movieposter.com/posters/archive/main/7/A70-3831
"Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left.Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left.Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left."

E20
11-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Carmelo is a little bitch thug wannabe.

ambchang
11-30-2007, 01:15 PM
As much as I hate Carmelo Anthony, that was not intentional, the guy was absolutely lost on D, and reached out his hand to "feel" where his man is. He wasn't even looking when he reached out.
It was a borderline ejection call as slamming somebody's throat is dangerous, whether intentional or not, but that is not a wannabe thug move by him.

MoSpur
11-30-2007, 01:38 PM
It doesn't surprise me. Carmelo has shown he can be a punk in the past. I'm sure he'll get suspended. That's nothing new to him though. The Nuggets are in bad shape right now.

Walter Craparita
11-30-2007, 01:43 PM
This guy needs his ankles broken.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 01:53 PM
He wasn't even looking when he reached out.
Why does that matter? You're telling me that Steve Nash can throw a no-look pass across the court and be dead on perfect with it, but Carmelo Anthony doesn't have the coordination to know where a guy's neck is when he's a foot away from him?

stretch
11-30-2007, 01:56 PM
Why does that matter? You're telling me that Steve Nash can throw a no-look pass across the court and be dead on perfect with it, but Carmelo Anthony doesn't have the coordination to know where a guy's neck is when he's a foot away from him?
:lol

ploto
11-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Intentional or not-- overacting or not. Hand to throat = ejection.

Sasha must have grown his hair for the flopping effect like Manu used to have. :)

TheNextGen
11-30-2007, 02:13 PM
you guys are crazy.

Melo has his hands around his throat and pushes him. Sasha didnt even fall all the way down. Yes he might have acted a bit afterwards, but no doubt you go down like that when someone grabs your throat and pushes it.

No flop there...look at sashas legs..the momentum of him running, along with the push clearly will throw any player back. He was able to even hold himself up. A flop would be Sasha's legs in the air as if it were the Undertaker grabbing him and slamming him down.

Suspend him.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 02:16 PM
When Melo first had his hand around Sasha's neck area, Sasha was barely in motion. Why didn't he stop or step back then proceed to run the baseline? Sasha baited the call. As soon as Melo's hand was near Sasha's neck area, he lowered his body and forced his body forward. How can you not see that it was a flop?

duncan228
11-30-2007, 02:30 PM
I'm in Lakerland, and the beat reporter in today's paper, (Kevin Ding, the OC Register), simply said "Carmelo Anthony grabbed Vujacic by the neck and was ejected for a grade-two flagrant foul with 6:18 to play and the Lakers up, 105-87."

I found it interesting that he didn't go into any other detail, like whether he thought it was intentional or not.

Link:

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/lakers-kobe-bryant-1932099-bryant-denver

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 02:31 PM
When Melo first had his hand around Sasha's neck area, Sasha was barely in motion. Why didn't he stop or step back then proceed to run the baseline? Sasha baited the call. As soon as Melo's hand was near Sasha's neck area, he lowered his body and forced his body forward. How can you not see that it was a flop?
First off, Sasha's on offense, he's going wherever he's supposed to be going on that play. Carmelo's hand on his neck shouldn't make Sasha completely abort his job and back off, due to the fact that one would more than likely assume that if a defender inadvertently puts his hand on your neck he's going to remove it ASAP & not be a pussy and grab your neck & shove you by it.

Second, HE GRABBED HIS NECK AND SHOVED HIM BY IT.

Ronaldo McDonald
11-30-2007, 02:33 PM
that video on youtube gives you such a limited view as to what what happened that it's impossible to see exactly what went down.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Right because anyone's first gut reaction upon being choked is to first flail their arms in the air instead of actually trying to remove the hand of the person trying to choke them, and then secondly, not stop or back off but drive their legs forward towards the person trying to choke them so that person can get a better grip on the choke.

Are you this stupid or do you like to argue this much?

It was a fucking bait of a call and a flop.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Right because anyone's first gut reaction upon being choked is to first flail their arms in the air instead of actually trying to remove the hand of the person trying to choke them, and then secondly, not stop or back off but drive their legs forward towards the person trying to choke them so that person can get a better grip on the choke.

It was a fucking bait of a call and a flop.
EXPLAIN CARMELO'S RIGHT ARM MOVING FORWARD AS VUJACIC FELL BACK. If you can't do that then just shut the fuck up, you have no argument, end of discussion. Throat grab & shove, it DOES NOT FUCKING MATTER WHAT VUJACIC IS DOING. Throat grab & motherfucking shove.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 02:41 PM
and if Vujacic is driving forward with Carmelo's hand on his throat, that just FURTHER PROVES that Melo shoved him by the throat. Unless he can bend the laws of physics and the human body by flopping backwards while simultaneously driving forwards and making Melo's right arm move along with him, then CARMELO SHOVED HIM BY THE THROAT. Not even Vlade could perform a flop that epic, Vujacic definitely can't. Throat grab and shove, end of discussion.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 02:42 PM
LMAO! Carmelo's arm is releasing you idiot. Explain Sasha driving his legs forward upon being "choked" and not even trying to remove Carmelo's hand. There was no fucking shove. Go eye fuck a midget or an NFL quarterback. You'll make better use of your time.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 02:45 PM
LMAO! Carmelo's arm is releasing you idiot. Explain Sasha driving his legs forward upon being "choked" and not even trying to remove Carmelo's hand. There was no fucking shove. Go eye fuck a midget or an NFL quarterback. You'll make better use of your time.
how the fuck does an arm "release"?

his hand released, his arm is MOVING FORWARD. game over. just admit you saw it wrong and move on.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Explain Sasha driving his legs forward upon being "choked" and not even trying to remove Carmelo's hand.
first off, unless you're too fucking stupid to realize it, what Sasha did DOES NOT FUCKING MATTER. it's what CARMELO DID.

you've all but admitted he had his hand on Sasha's throat. You then said his arm "released" and i'm guessing you meant hand because arms can't do much releasing without a hand. so now you've admitted he had his hand on sasha's throat and a grip on it because how else could he "release". that alone is bad enough. but that SAME FUCKING ARM IS MOVING FORWARDS AS SASHA IS FALLING BACK. meaning he was APPLYING FORCE WITH THE ARM ATTACHED TO THE HAND THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY ADMITTED WAS AROUND SASHA'S THROAT. throat grab and shove. thanks for telling me what I already know.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 02:51 PM
Watch the video in real time, you imbecile. Not in the slow mo pussy shit you keep rewinding. The time Melo had his hands on Sasha lasted less than 2 second, probably closer to one second. Watch the first part of the video where they show it in real time and you can very clearly see there was no shove and Melo's hand was releasing as Sasha fell to the ground like he was hit by a sniper. Funny how your whole argument wants to center around a slow motion replay that makes it appear that Melo was moving his arm forward. Check the shot clock at the left in the slow mo replay. From 20 to 19 seconds and Melo's arm was mostly going up as he releases it. He doesn't extend his arm out forward as a shove would show.

So now answer mine, why the fuck did Sasha keep driving his legs forward towards Melo if he's being choked? Why the hell do his arms flail out instead of trying to remove Melo's hand from choking him?

It was a fucking act. I don't know enough about you to know if you ever played basketball, organized or pick-up, but you must be a fucking pussy if you do play.

And it does matter what Sasha is doing because it helps shows how he is selling his fucking flop.

Medvedenko
11-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Melo's hand was on his throat....who cares if he was acting....would it make it any worse if I got shot and just lurched and fell to the ground or if my hands went flailing....I still got shot. Come on Jamstone...

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 02:56 PM
Watch the video in real time, you imbecile. Not in the slow mo pussy shit you keep rewinding.
:lmao yeah that "slow mo pussy shit" that shows every detail of what really happened. instead just focus on everything happening more quickly so that I might miss the part where Carmelo grabs & shoves him, right?

So now answer mine, why the fuck did Sasha keep driving his legs forward towards Melo if he's being choked? Why the hell do his arms flail out instead of trying to remove Melo's hand from choking him?

how much continuous leg drive motion can Vujacic have if this all happened in about a second like you say? if anything, this proves that CARMELO is responsible, since how can Vujacic plan to get his throat on Carmelo's hand, drive forward pumping his legs like it's fucking Chariots Of Fire, and find time to flop back while magically giving Carmelo's arm forward momentum all at once in ONE SECOND.

more logical answer: CARMELO GRABBED & SHOVED HIM.

I don't know enough about you to know if you ever played basketball, organized or pick-up, but you must be a fucking pussy when you play.
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao don't worry you can go home and cry and tell your Gugliotta poster all about what an asshole I am.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Melo's hand was on his throat....who cares if he was acting....would it make it any worse if I got shot and just lurched and fell to the ground or if my hands went flailing....I still got shot. Come on Jamstone...
JamStone, you're so dead wrong on this that Medvedenko and I are actually agreeing on something here....that above all other evidence should tell you that you're wrong.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 02:59 PM

Don't have a problem if all you're saying is that Carmelo ended up having his hand on Sasha's throat. My stance is that it was not intentional or deserving a technical or ejection. And, while Carmelo is a punk for plenty of things, this is not an incident that makes him or reinforces that he is one.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 03:03 PM
:lmao yeah that "slow mo pussy shit" that shows every detail of what really happened. instead just focus on everything happening more quickly so that I might miss the part where Carmelo grabs & shoves him, right?

There is no shove. That's the thing. The slow mo makes it appear that Melo had his hand on Sasha for longer and you naively buy into the idea that he's also shoving him when in fact in real time you can tell he didn't. He was just releasing his arm. He never fully extended his arm, in real time or in the slow mo replay.

how much continuous leg drive motion can Vujacic have if this all happened in about a second like you say? if anything, this proves that CARMELO is responsible, since how can Vujacic plan to get his throat on Carmelo's hand, drive forward pumping his legs like it's fucking Chariots Of Fire, and find time to flop back while magically giving Carmelo's arm forward momentum all at once.

Two leg drives after being "choked." Quite a bit to sell a "choke." It proves Sasha was enhancing the contact to sell the flop. If someone chokes you are you going to keep walking towards that person and not try to take his hand off your throat? Sasha never tried to take Melo's hand off his throat.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao don't worry you can go home and cry and tell your Gugliotta poster all about what an asshole I am.

LMAO! You need a new job. Giving midgets blow jobs affords you way too much time to argue on spurstalk.

TheNextGen
11-30-2007, 03:06 PM
There is no shove. That's the thing. The slow mo makes it appear that Melo had his hand on Sasha for longer and you naively buy into the idea that he's also shoving him when in fact in real time you can tell he didn't. He was just releasing his arm. He never fully extended his arm, in real time or in the slow mo replay.

Two leg drives after being "choked." Quite a bit to sell a "choke." It proves Sasha was enhancing the contact to sell the flop. If someone chokes you are you going to keep walking towards that person and not try to take his hand off your throat? Sasha never tried to take Melo's hand off his throat.

LMAO! You need a new job. Giving midgets blow jobs affords you way too much time to argue on spurstalk.

How often do you put ur hands around someones throat when you play ball at the park?

JamStone
11-30-2007, 03:08 PM
How often do you put ur hands around someones throat when you play ball at the park?

Me personally? Never have. But, I know if I did, I'd expect that person to stop and try to take my hands off his throat. And, if it happened to me, I know I'd stop and take that person's hands off my throat.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 03:08 PM
There is no shove. That's the thing. The slow mo makes it appear that Melo had his hand on Sasha for longer and you naively buy into the idea that he's also shoving him when in fact in real time you can tell he didn't.
So in slow motion his arm is driving forward like he just shoved someone, but in real time that magically disappears? you are fucking retarded. you're completely wrong on this and you know it, at this point you'll say whatever the fuck you can to save face. it's not that big a deal, just admit you're fuckin wrong.

What's the more logical of the two scenarios? seriously, everybody look at this and tell me what's more logical.

IN ONE SECOND, either

A)Sasha Vujacic devises a plan to get Carmelo Anthony's hand on his neck, begin driving forward, continue driving forward, be able to stop on a dime and flop backwards while never falling over completely, and magically find a way for Carmelo Anthony's arm to move forward in slow motion but magically stay put in real time.

OR

B)Carmelo Anthony grabs & shoves Vujacic.

which is the more likely scenario IN ONE SECOND OF ACTION.

END THREAD.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Me personally? Never have. But, I know if I did, I'd expect that person to stop and try to take my hands off his throat. And, if it happened, I know I'd stop and take that person's hands off my throat.
or you could drive forward and flop backwards and get his arm to move in a pushing motion, all in one second of real time. but find false evidence "proving" that he shoved you in slow motion. all in one second.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 03:10 PM
No, there is no arm extension in real time or slow motion. Melo is releasing his arm. He never extends it for a push.

In your "B" scenario, where is the part that Vujacic upon being choked instinctually allows it to happen without trying to take Melo's hand of his throat and then continues to move forward so the choke can be enhanced?

It was a flop.

sendman
11-30-2007, 03:11 PM
You all don't know shit. Sasha is so fast that you have to watch this video in SUPER DUPER SLOW MOTION.
If you look it that way, you can clearly see that Sasha runs behind Carmelos back, drops his shorts to his ankles, shags him...not once but twice, pulls his shorts back on, runs around Carmelo, and when Anthony raises his arms just to check out what just happend, he lowers his head and puts his neck into his hand. Than he shakes himself silly just to get that dramatic affect that fooled all of you. :nutkick:

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 03:13 PM
In your "B" scenario, where is the part that Vujacic upon being choked instinctually allows it to happen without trying to take Melo's hand of his throat and then continues to move forward so the choke can be enhanced?
If he could do all that in one second I'm sure he would have.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 03:14 PM
No, there is no arm extension in real time or slow motion. Melo is releasing his arm. He never extends it for a push.
At this point you're flat out lying to defend your completely destroyed point of view. This discussion's over. If you've got to resort to total lies, there's no point. Tell Googs hi for me.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 03:15 PM
You all don't know shit. Sasha is so fast that you have to watch this video in SUPER DUPER SLOW MOTION.
If you look it that way, you can clearly see that Sasha runs behind Carmelos back, drops his shorts to his ankles, shags him...not once but twice, pulls his shorts back on, runs around Carmelo, and when Anthony raises his hands just to check out what just happend, he lowers his head and puts his neck into his hand. Than he shakes himself silly just to get that dramatic affect that fooled all of you. :nutkick:
:lmao

JamStone
11-30-2007, 03:16 PM
There is no arm extension. No lies. Keep looking for what you're trying to look for.

Sure, tell Weeman to use a rubber next time so you don't have to get your stomach pumped ... again.

PoleSmoking
11-30-2007, 03:24 PM

You know, strictly speaking, basketball isn't really a contact sport.

Most of the various player-on-player fouls and violations in the rule book have to do with minimizing or even outright prohibiting contact, and only certain kinds of minimal contact are allowed in the basic theory of the game (one-hand checks allowed, but not two; depends on whether the offensive player has his back to the hoop, or facing it; defender within the defensive circle, or not; offensive arm-bar, or offensive pusing-off, etc.).

Does the NBA call the games strictly by what's written in the rule book? Don't they allow a lot of contact that isn't technically allowed according to the rules? Well, yes, they let a lot of stuff go if it isn't involved in on-the-ball action; but it's still not really a contact sport. Certainly not in the same way that football or hockey is a contact sport.

All sports have contact --it's unavoidable; but basketball --along with baseball-- really isn't a contact sport at all. That may be tough to believe as a Pistons fan (LOL), but the NBA is not really a contact sport. Sorry to lecture or if I come off as a wise-ass, but I just had to put that out there.

PoleSmoking
11-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Mellow needs to get his ass kicked sometime this year.

Mello just needs to mellow.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Mello just needs to mellow.
He needs to stop letting other people put their throat in his hand.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 03:30 PM
It's not a problem if that's how you feel. I don't consider baseball a contact sport. But, I consider basketball a contact sport. While a violation, fouls are a regular occurrence in games. And, bodying up in various ways, to post up a player or defend a player happen all throughout the game. While it's not hockey or football, I would place today's style of basketball in that group before I would categorize it with tennis or golf.

PoleSmoking
11-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Jamstone....I know Sasha exagerated the move...but you can't place your hand on a dude's throat....sorry you'll get ejected every time...also who knows maybe melo was pulling dirty shit the whole quarter and finally the ref had enough...we don't see everything.

You're right. What Mello did is described in the NBA rule book as an "above the shoulders foul", which is an automatic flagrant foul & ejection. Period. No room for interpretation or consideration of Mello's delicate sensibilities.

PoleSmoking
11-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Carmelo wasn't even looking at Sasha when he put his hand up against his throat area. He was looking out where the basketball was, put his hand out to feel for Sasha and to slow him down if he was going to move baseline. As soon as Melo put his hand on him, Sasha's body lowered forward and pushed up against Melo's hand. Melo did not pull his hand back and then the dramatics ensued. I saw the whole play. I saw the official looking at the play. And, I disagree with it being a technical foul and ejection. And, it makes no difference what else happened in the quarter or the game. That play individually did not warrant a technical foul or ejection.

Then Carmello made a foolish and careless defensive error, and needs to develop better court awareness & better familiarity with the official NBA rule book. Because a hit to the neck or head (i.e. above the shoulders) is an automatic ejection. Period. It's not the officials' fault, and it's not even open to debate or interpretation.

By the way, do you realize that putting your hand (or any other part of the body) out to slow or impede an offensive players progress is the bedrock definition of a personal foul in the NBA rule book?

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 03:38 PM
You're right. What Mello did is described in the NBA rule book as an "above the shoulders foul", which is an automatic flagrant foul & ejection. Period. No room for interpretation or consideration of Mello's delicate sensibilities.
But Vujacic started it! He put Carmelo's hand on his neck, drove forward, fell back, and caused Carmelo's "arm to release"....whatever the fuck that means....and he did it all in one second! it's Sasha's fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PoleSmoking
11-30-2007, 03:41 PM

Amended: "...but Carmelo Anthony doesn't have the coordination to know where a guy's neck is when he's a foot away from him (and using his neck as a guide)?

PoleSmoking
11-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Intentional or not-- overacting or not. Hand to throat = ejection.

Sasha must have grown his hair for the flopping effect like Manu used to have. :)

Bingo! Yahtzee! Ding ding ding ding ding! Survey says: ejection! NBA rule book.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 03:44 PM
Then Carmello made a foolish and careless defensive error, and needs to develop better court awareness & better familiarity with the official NBA rule book. Because a hit to the neck or head (i.e. above the shoulders) is an automatic ejection. Period. It's not the officials' fault, and it's not even open to debate or interpretation.

By the way, do you realize that putting your hand (or any other part of the body) out to slow or impede an offensive players progress is the bedrock definition of a personal foul in the NBA rule book?

Foul, yes. Have no problem with the foul. And, while I understand what you're saying about the rulebook and the "above the shoulder" rule, we all know that officials interpret it loosely sometimes. I've seen plenty of times where someone gets an elbow to the head inadvertently going for a rebound or loose ball, but the person elbowing doesn't get ejected. In this instance, in my opinion, Melo was trying to put his hands in Sasha's chest area and when Sasha moved forward, he lowered his body so that Melo's hand ended up near the neck area. With Sasha's exaggeration and flop, it made it appear worse than it was.

A foul, sure. A technical or ejection, I disagree with despite the rulebook.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 03:46 PM

As I just mentioned, I have seen instances where interpretation has happened. Good example since you're a Laker fan was last year when Shaq elbowed Andrew Bynum in the head and didn't get ejected. Officials still interpret rules that have no room for interpretation.

PoleSmoking
11-30-2007, 03:49 PM

Then score one for Sasha for knowing how to read the NBA rule book, and baiting a jackass punk bitch like Melo into an inadvertent flagrant foul. And for knowing his job.

Score = Sasha 1, Melo - however many games he gets suspended.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 03:50 PM
Then score one for Sasha for knowing how to read the NBA rule book, and baiting a jackass punk bitch like Melo into an inadvertent flagrant foul. And for knowing his job.
And being able to pull all that off in one second. Jack Bauer ain't got shit on The Vujacic.

PoleSmoking
11-30-2007, 03:50 PM
Don't have a problem if all you're saying is that Carmelo ended up having his hand on Sasha's throat. My stance is that it was not intentional or deserving a technical or ejection. And, while Carmelo is a punk for plenty of things, this is not an incident that makes him or reinforces that he is one.

And you're a mind reader? Wow. Do you do horoscopes too? Intention is totally irrelevant in this instance. You seem to think intention is the major issue here, and that you know what Melo had going on inside his head. You don't, and intention is irrelevant. The rule is the rule is the rule. You want to talk about intention? Then answer me this: Why does Melo seem to have such a hard time remembering the rules of the game, especially when his team is getting embarassed? Weird.

Could it be he's a fucking jackass punk bitch with a small dick or something?

JamStone
11-30-2007, 03:51 PM

Score = Sasha 1, Melo - however many games he gets suspended.

Yup. If that's how you want to describe it, that's fine.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 03:52 PM
And you're a mind reader? Wow. Do you do horoscopes too?

Nope. Do you beat dead horses?

sendman
11-30-2007, 03:55 PM
No, I beat dead horses.
http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/7/3/13/t_beatingadeam_f98b721.gif

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 03:55 PM
If Vujacic has the body control & intelligence to position himself to have Carmelo's hand on his throat, drive forward & flop backwards at the same time, and get the other team's best player kicked out of the game, all in one second, then he REALLY needs to get his priorities in check. If he has that type of ability he really oughta spend more time on his actual game on the court cuz he's about 1000000x more talented than Steve Nash.

PoleSmoking
11-30-2007, 03:56 PM

It DOES matter. If your hands go flailing, then the intention of the shooter must have been self-defense. LOL! Jamstone, you need to give it up already. At first you were wrong, but now you're wrong and ridiculous.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 03:57 PM
True, look what kind of success flopping has given Manu and Dwyane Wade.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 04:01 PM
It DOES matter. If your hands go flailing, then the intention of the shooter must have been self-defense. LOL! Jamstone, you need to give it up already. At first you were wrong, but now you're wrong and ridiculous.

Huh? If you get choked, are you going to flail your arms or put your hands on the hands that are choking you to remove them? Answer honestly. Sasha never tried to remove Melo's hand. He wanted to bait the call. You even posted that then Sasha baited Carmelo and knew the rule book. You conceded. Now, what's your point?

PoleSmoking
11-30-2007, 04:03 PM
But Vujacic started it! He put Carmelo's hand on his neck, drove forward, fell back, and caused Carmelo's "arm to release"....whatever the fuck that means....and he did it all in one second! it's Sasha's fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely. LOL. It's all Vujacic's fault. I'm sure we can expect disciplinary action from the league against Vujacic within the next few day, to punish him for fouling Carmelo on the arm with his throat. And if not, then something is clearly wrong with the league, rather than JamStone's interpretation.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 04:05 PM
You even posted that then Sasha baited Carmelo and knew the rule book. You conceded.
Call me crazy, but he might have been saying that to show you how ridiculous your stance is. But seeing how you came to said stance, it's understandable that you wouldn't get this either.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Call me crazy, but he might have been saying that to show you how ridiculous your stance is. But seeing how you came to said stance, it's understandable that you wouldn't get this either.

Crazy.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Is JamStone a Suns fan in disguise? Just like them, he gets bukkaked with ownage by multiple posters in a thread, but he just forges on with his same stupid bullshit. Oh well, to each his own.

PoleSmoking
11-30-2007, 04:09 PM
As I just mentioned, I have seen instances where interpretation has happened. Good example since you're a Laker fan was last year when Shaq elbowed Andrew Bynum in the head and didn't get ejected. Officials still interpret rules that have no room for interpretation.

I'm not a Laker fan at all. In fact, Since I like the Spurs, Suns, Mavs & Jazz, I pretty much hate the Lakers. Even so, I'm arguing in favor of Vujacic against Carmelo.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-30-2007, 04:10 PM
even the guys on the nuggets bench are looking at 'melo with the "what the hell" look as sasha is walking by them.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm not a Laker fan at all. In fact, Since I like the Spurs, Suns, Mavs & Jazz, I pretty much hate the Lakers. Even so, I'm arguing in favor of Vujacic against Carmelo.

That post was to Medvedenko.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 04:11 PM
Anyways, I've said my piece. Either Vujacic has skills that put Jack Bauer, Jason Bourne, & McGuyver all to shame, or Carmelo Anthony was being a punk bitch and deserved his ejection & whatever suspension may be coming. You decide, America.

Fabbs
11-30-2007, 04:12 PM
clap :clap :clap
Could you please leave the photo of the Asian chick and crop out weezer Buss. It's perverted, why do you have the pic of him?

sendman
11-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Why? You don't like rest of us?

JamStone
11-30-2007, 04:14 PM
Is JamStone a Suns fan in disguise? Just like them, he gets bukkaked with ownage by multiple posters in a thread, but he just forges on with his same stupid bullshit. Oh well, to each his own.

WTH? You or your boyfriend hasn't said one thing that proves Sasha didn't flop.

I haven't said once that Melo didn't put his hands near Sasha's neck, only that Sasha flopped.

Sasha flopped. Prove otherwise. You can't, therefore no ownage. You're caught up with "internet ownage." Just watch the fucking game. You might learn something. You can't even tell when a player is fucking selling a flop.

PoleSmoking
11-30-2007, 04:15 PM

Nota Bena: if you want to use the phrase "beating a dead horse" then kindly understand the correct usage. I'm only beating a dead horse if you have already conceded that you don't read minds and don't really have any basis for trying to interpret Melo's intentions. You can be smug and condescending if you've already made your point; but if you do it beforehand, it just makes you look like a dumbass.

monosylab1k
Then why did you quote PoleSmoking in that post?

JamStone
Anyways, I've said my piece. Either Vujacic has skills that put Jack Bauer, Jason Bourne, & McGuyver all to shame, or Carmelo Anthony was being a punk bitch and deserved his ejection & whatever suspension may be coming. You decide, America.

It doesn't take much skill at all to flop an exaggerate contact. But, thank god you've said your piece.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 04:17 PM
WTH? You or your boyfriend hasn't said one thing that proves Sasha didn't flop.

I haven't said once that Melo didn't put his hands near Sasha's neck, only that Sasha flopped.

Sasha flopped. Prove otherwise. You can't, therefore no ownage. You're caught up with "internet ownage." Just watch the fucking game. You might learn something. You can't even tell when a player is fucking selling a flop.

classic comeback when you have absolutely no defense for your ridiculously obtuse stance - "Just watch the fucking game!"

JamStone
11-30-2007, 04:19 PM

Sorry, because I was responding to both of you and you were quoting Medvedenko.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 04:20 PM
It doesn't take much skill at all to flop an exaggerate contact.
But to get his hand on your throat, propel yourself forward while simultaneously flopping back, make him "release his arm" and do it all in one second? That's some Mission: Impossible shit right there. Vujacic is fucking amazing!

JamStone
11-30-2007, 04:21 PM

classic comeback when you have absolutely no defense for your ridiculously obtuse stance - "Just watch the fucking game!"

What ridiculously obtuse stance? That he flopped? You're going to say without a question or doubt that Sasha Vujacic neither flopped nor exaggerated the contact by Carmelo's "choke?" You're a bigger retard than I thought if you really don't think there was a flop involved. And, I already thought you were a abnormally gigantic retard to begin with.

PoleSmoking
11-30-2007, 04:22 PM

Jamstone a Suns fan? Hey, you know what? I totally agree with your position on this issue, but I happen to be a fan of NBA basketball; and that necessarily makes me simultaneously a Spurs fan, a Mavs fan, a Jazz fan, AND a Suns fan. All of those teams are playing really good basketball, the way it was intended. Team basketball. Championship contender basketball. I don't think Suns fans are any more stupid or any less biased than any other NBA fans, they just have more passion because of higher expectations. I mean, it's hard to get worked up about anything if you're a Minnesota fan or a Bobcats fan; but I understand the passion of fans of contending teams. And I understand a Pistons fan getting worked up over Pistons basketball, too, What I don't get is a Pistons fan getting so worked up over a Nuggets situation that he makes himself look like an idiot. That perplexes me, for sure.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 04:23 PM
What ridiculously obtuse stance? That he flopped? You're going to say without a question or doubt that Sasha Vujacic neither flopped nor exaggerated the contact by Carmelo's "choke?" You're a bigger retard than I thought if you really don't think there was a flop involved. And, I already thought you were a abnormally gigantic retard to begin with.
as has been said, we'll see what the NBA thinks. if they suspend Vujacic for a neck blow to Carmelo's right arm, then i'll admit you're right. deal?

sendman
11-30-2007, 04:23 PM
The real questions are: Why was that referee positioned as he was? Was there some kind of conspiracy going on? Who framed Roger Rabbit?

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 04:24 PM
I don't think Suns fans are any more stupid or any less biased than any other NBA fans
I was just referring to the general population of da_suns_fan__/DannyB Suns fans on this board, not the decent JMarkJohns Suns fans of the world. Maybe Suns trolls is a better description.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 04:26 PM
The real questions are: Why was that referee positioned as he was? Was there some kind of conspiracy going on? Who framed Roger Rabbit?
Vujacic must have paid him to be right there with a perfect view of what happened.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 04:27 PM
But to get his hand on your throat, propel yourself forward while simultaneously flopping back, make him "release his arm" and do it all in one second? That's some Mission: Impossible shit right there. Vujacic is fucking amazing!

Good that you said your piece to continue to argue.

He didn't put Melo's hand on his throat, but once it was near his neck area, that's when he flopped. Are you denying Sasha drove his legs forward once he was "choked" by Carmelo?

Do you have to continue to make shit up to try to enhance your argument?

Listen, I don't know shit about physics but apparently I know more than you. Here's an example. If two people are at either side of a swinging door that opens in both directions and they apply force so that the door doesn't move, then once one person releases, the door is going to go in that direction even if the person at the other end is not SHOVING the door.

Carmelo was pressing his hand against Sasha's neck area. If you want to call that "pushing," fine. But, he did not shove Sasha to the ground. Sasha flopped, fell to the ground, and Melo's hand went a little forward then up, just as it would be if he were against a swinging door and the person on the other side released. I don't consider that a "shove." He did not "shove" Sasha to the ground. You look at the incident in real time, you realize that as soon as Sasha flopped, Carmelo was releasing his hand.

It's not that complicated. It was a flop. As soon as Melo had his hand near his neck, he flopped then fell. You want to make it some acrobatic shit, that's on you.

Keep saying more of your piece.

PoleSmoking
11-30-2007, 04:28 PM
Then why did you quote PoleSmoking in that post?

No kidding, I just wasted 5 minutes of my life going back over the thread to see if I misidentified the source, only to find out that, no, I didn't. Thanks for wasting my time JamStone. Don't try to pawn your responses off on anyone but yourself. Take ownership of your idiotic position.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 04:30 PM
as has been said, we'll see what the NBA thinks. if they suspend Vujacic for a neck blow to Carmelo's right arm, then i'll admit you're right. deal?

I don't need anything from you. I stated my opinion. You disagree and continue to belabor shit even though you stated you said your piece. You love to argue. And, when someone doesn't cower like you are used to seeing, you become a bigger jackass. Go fuck yourself, then Weeman, then Tom Brady.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 04:30 PM
Carmelo was pressing his hand against Sasha's neck area. If you want to call that "pushing," fine.
thanks.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 04:32 PM
No kidding, I just wasted 5 minutes of my life going back over the thread to see if I misidentified the source, only to find out that, no, I didn't. Thanks for wasting my time JamStone. Don't try to pawn your responses off on anyone but yourself. Take ownership of your idiotic position.

Uhhh, I just posted that I was replying to Medvedenko who you quoted. Relax. Is it that deep? I was responding to Medvedenko, who YOU were quoting.

monosylab1k
Go fuck yourself, then Weeman, then Tom Brady.
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

JamStone
Care to say more of your piece?

monosylab1k
I was responding to Medvedenko, who YOU were quoting.
Why not just quote Medvedenko to start with. Either way you're fucking retarded.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 04:35 PM
LOL! You've said your piece yet?

I responded to both, and when you quote a poster that is quoting another poster, the very first quote does not show up. Are you really trying get into Mickey Mouse arguments?

Said your piece yet?

TheNextGen
11-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Jamstone is one of those guys who can argue that the moon is made out of cheese for hours....and probably still win. lol

You should be a defense attorney.

sendman
11-30-2007, 04:37 PM
LOL! You've said your piece yet?

I responded to both, and when you quote a poster that is quoting another poster, the very first quote does not show up. Are you really trying get into Mickey Mouse arguments?

Said your piece yet?
I beat dead horses.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Care to say more of your piece?
Actually yes.

I like the A-1 Burger at Whataburger. I saw the documentary Sicko and thought it was interesting but honestly, the health care debate gives me tired head so I'd rather not give a shit if other countries have it better than us. I think people who wear black socks on a basketball court look stupid. I don't understand people who wish injury on Randy Moss just because they hate his team. I think dark chocolate M&M's are overrated. Same with the peanut variety. I think alot of celebrities are on the "Save Darfur" bandwagon without knowing shit about what's going on over there. And I think you don't know what the fuck you're talking about in this thread but at this point you can't back down despite making a complete fucking idiot out of yourself.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Jamstone is one of those guys who can argue that the moon is made out of cheese for hours....and probably still win.
When winning consists of getting pissy and telling others to go fuck themselves along with Tom Brady & Wee Man, then you might be onto something.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 04:41 PM
Anyways, I've said my piece.

Dare you to tell the truth.

sendman
11-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Dare you to tell the truth.

You can't handle the truth!

And the truth is that they don't have dark chocolate M&M's in Darfur.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Dare you to tell the truth aka "Please stop posting so that I don't have to keep defending my same idiotic stance, this thread will die, and nobody will remember it. I want this to be over ASAP, so since you said something about saying your piece, I'm gonna harp on that until you actually quit. God forbid I admit I'm wrong when everybody knows I am"

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 04:44 PM
And the truth is that they don't have dark chocolate M&M's in Darfur.
And that's a damn shame. Let's get Brad Pitt to make a commercial about it.

sendman
11-30-2007, 04:49 PM
Now that we settled the question about dark chocolate M&M's, can we go back to choking. Who was choking who? And why? Any witnesses?

JamStone
11-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Dare you to tell the truth aka "Please stop posting so that I don't have to keep defending my same idiotic stance, this thread will die, and nobody will remember it. I want this to be over ASAP, so since you said something about saying your piece, I'm gonna harp on that until you actually quit. God forbid I admit I'm wrong when everybody knows I am"

LMAO!

Keep talking. You're so sure of the choke. How many games will Carmelo get suspended? For sure he will the way you viewed the play? You can't choke a player and not get suspended right?

nkdlunch
11-30-2007, 04:51 PM
If Kobe had done that to Manu, Laker fans would be bitching at the flop

Medvedenko
11-30-2007, 04:52 PM
I don't see a suspension....it wasn't kobe.....

JamStone
11-30-2007, 04:58 PM
Come on, mono. You got so much to say. Before it's announced, tell us all how many games will Carmelo get suspended for? If it's so blatantly intentional a choke and shove, how many games will Melo get suspended for?

sendman
11-30-2007, 04:58 PM
If Kobe had done that to Manu, Laker fans would be bitching at the flop
Things are more and more complicated by the minute. If Kobe did that to Manu and Sasha did the same to Mello, and they were in the same room when it happened, then that is whole new balls game.
:p: :p: :p: I said balls game!
And that situation raises whole new bunch of questions. Who choked the monkey? Was his arm extended. In what direction. How about the lights? Were they on?

E20
11-30-2007, 05:00 PM
Is Carmelo Anthony a poor sport?

ambchang
11-30-2007, 05:26 PM
That is a stretch, Steve Nash's target would be running to get the ball as long as it's within reasonable range, and I would imagine Vulacic would avoid getting hit in this instance.
It is similar to what Bowen did in the past, he didn't aim to put his foot under other players, it just happens.

mavsluva
11-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Carmelo plain and simply likes to "keep it real". Which often comes back to haunt a professional athlete at some point.

Findog
11-30-2007, 05:51 PM
West Baltimore up in this mothafucka, beyottch!

ambchang
11-30-2007, 05:54 PM
I have absolutely no idea why is it so hard to understand JamStone's stance.
It was a foul by Melo, but Vujucic flopped and sold the foul. Melo likely didn't do it on purpose. That's it.
He never, or at least I never interpreted him as saying, that it was Vujacic's fault, or that was not a foul, or that Carmelo does not deserve to have a foul called on him.
Why is it that people just like to take somebody's stance, twist the words and exaggerate it to a level that doesn't even make any sense?
I also find it interesting how PS goes on about not being able to prove intent, yet the Melo-is-guilty group is stating explicitly that he is a wannabe punk, implying that he HAD intent to injure Vujucic? I mean, how can he be proven a wannabe punk in this instance when somebody on the same side of argument is saying that he has cannot prove Melo's intent to injure?

pawe
11-30-2007, 06:05 PM
Any news about him getting suspended? That punk will never learn even after the apology for the NY hit and run thing. Hurting someone out of frustration is just wrong.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 06:18 PM
I have absolutely no idea why is it so hard to understand JamStone's stance.
It was a foul by Melo, but Vujucic flopped and sold the foul. Melo likely didn't do it on purpose. That's it.
He never, or at least I never interpreted him as saying, that it was Vujacic's fault, or that was not a foul, or that Carmelo does not deserve to have a foul called on him.
Why is it that people just like to take somebody's stance, twist the words and exaggerate it to a level that doesn't even make any sense?
I also find it interesting how PS goes on about not being able to prove intent, yet the Melo-is-guilty group is stating explicitly that he is a wannabe punk, implying that he HAD intent to injure Vujucic? I mean, how can he be proven a wannabe punk in this instance when somebody on the same side of argument is saying that he has cannot prove Melo's intent to injure?

Good questions. Some people like to be angry when they argue and then it ultimately ends up being a name-calling contest. I'm guilty of it too. But, it's whatever.

You're pretty accurate in describing the way I viewed it. But, not everyone can look at something reasonably or without bias.

Fact is, I think Carmelo is a punk. But, not for this incident. I think it was a foul by Melo, just not one done intentionally or with any type of malice. And, despite any rules, when viewed objectively, I don't think it merited a technical foul or an ejection because it was a flop and an extreme exaggeration of contact.

But, I'm sure everything I just wrote can be twisted even more to try to bolster an argument against my opinion.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Come on, mono. You got so much to say. Before it's announced, tell us all how many games will Carmelo get suspended for? If it's so blatantly intentional a choke and shove, how many games will Melo get suspended for?
No I'm with you. Vujacic will no doubt be handed an Artest-like suspension for his blatant neck attack on Carmelo's right arm.

Anyways, I'm over this. Save Darfur.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 06:32 PM
:dramaquee

Fabbs
11-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Any new photos of the incident?

RC's Boss
11-30-2007, 11:44 PM
I once saw Magig and Isiah forearm and clothesline each other in the Finals. Magic is now a legend and respected businessman, Isiah is one of the toughest PG's EVER and sexually harrasses his employees... What's the point!

JamStone
11-30-2007, 11:46 PM
Man, I just saw the video of Tim Duncan slamming Mark Madsen in the chest. Tim Duncan is such a punk bitch ...

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 11:48 PM
Man, I just saw the video of Tim Duncan slamming Mark Madsen in the chest. Tim Duncan is such a punk bitch ...
You need to watch that shit in real time, not that pussy slow motion. Then you'll see that Madsen used telepathy to convince Tim Duncan to commit that foul.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 11:50 PM
I'm glad you're over this and you've said your piece.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 11:51 PM
I'm glad you're over this and you've said your piece.
I said my piece about Carmelo. I'm talking about Duncan now. What part of Tim Duncan/Mark Madsen sounds anything like Carmelo Anthony/Sasha Vujacic? Learn to read douchebag.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 11:51 PM
www.savedarfur.org

JamStone
11-30-2007, 11:54 PM
It will be ok ...

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x54/sailorglenn/Computerrepair.gif

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 11:56 PM
It will be ok ...

don't take that shit out on your computer, it's not healthy.

JamStone
11-30-2007, 11:59 PM
LOL why not just "I'm rubber, you're glue"?

SMH

monosylab1k
12-01-2007, 12:12 AM

SMH
OH was that picture supposed to represent me? AHA i get it now. clever clever.

well I don't have a beard so that pic makes no sense. good try though, seriously. mildly humorous gif's are the ultimate message board zinger!

JamStone
12-01-2007, 12:38 AM
I assume you're also not a cartoon character, but apparently you pick and choose what to take serious in order for you to be whatever degree of jackass you want to be at the given moment.

icem
12-01-2007, 05:23 AM
:rolleyes

this was NOTHING and the guy obviously flopped. this was completely unintentional and i cant believe people are jumping down carmelo's throat like this.

if carmelo is a "thug" for this then what is robert horry ?

PoleSmoking
12-01-2007, 09:36 AM
That is a stretch, Steve Nash's target would be running to get the ball as long as it's within reasonable range, and I would imagine Vulacic would avoid getting hit in this instance.
It is similar to what Bowen did in the past, he didn't aim to put his foot under other players, it just happens.

Even I don't buy that one about Bowen. Once ... twice ... three times, maybe it's just unintentional. But he does it to a lot of people. Often. He does it to get into the shooter's head and make them worry about his foot and their landing. Simple.

PoleSmoking
12-01-2007, 09:45 AM
And, despite any rules, when viewed objectively, I don't think it merited a technical foul or an ejection because it was a flop and an extreme exaggeration of contact

Ok, I'm not gonna twist your words at all here to illustrate the problem with your position on this play. Look at what you just wrote. Viewing the play objectively REQUIRES e technical or ejection BECAUSE of the rules, not despite them. You can't just sidestep the rules here because it's inconvenient to your argument. That's the point. The rules are not some kind of triviality that the officials can choose to suspend whenever it suits them. They are bound by them, in this specific instance perhaps more than any other. It's not a philosophical debate, it's not about opinion or bias. It's fucking math:

1 foul above the shoulders = 1 ejection

JamStone
12-01-2007, 12:37 PM
Boy your a retard...you first defend KG for his stupid on court antics..then you defend Carmelo who is a cheap thug and their many examples of that..and now your calling out Duncan?

learn sarcasm

JamStone
12-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Ok, I'm not gonna twist your words at all here to illustrate the problem with your position on this play. Look at what you just wrote. Viewing the play objectively REQUIRES e technical or ejection BECAUSE of the rules, not despite them. You can't just sidestep the rules here because it's inconvenient to your argument. That's the point. The rules are not some kind of triviality that the officials can choose to suspend whenever it suits them. They are bound by them, in this specific instance perhaps more than any other. It's not a philosophical debate, it's not about opinion or bias. It's fucking math:

And, yet officials sidestep the rules all the time. When two players are both jumping up for a rebound and one gets elbowed in the head, the person who elbows is often not ejected because the above the shoulders contact is considered incidental. There are plenty of times during a basketball game a player drives to the basket, gets hit with contact but doesn't get to the free throw line because an official "sidesteps" the rule. You see traveling, palming the ball, goaltending all the time because officials "sidestep" the rules. There is a human element to officiating and you are naive to think every play is black or white and indisputably objective to the rulebook. Officials sometimes have to interpret whether there is a flop when making a call. If every foul above the shoulders automatically meant an ejection, there would be several each game. Players get hit in the head all the time.

PoleSmoking
12-01-2007, 08:12 PM
And, yet officials sidestep the rules all the time. When two players are both jumping up for a rebound and one gets elbowed in the head, the person who elbows is often not ejected because the above the shoulders contact is considered incidental. There are plenty of times during a basketball game a player drives to the basket, gets hit with contact but doesn't get to the free throw line because an official "sidesteps" the rule. You see traveling, palming the ball, goaltending all the time because officials "sidestep" the rules. There is a human element to officiating and you are naive to think every play is black or white and indisputably objective to the rulebook. Officials sometimes have to interpret whether there is a flop when making a call. If every foul above the shoulders automatically meant an ejection, there would be several each game. Players get hit in the head all the time.

See, here you're playing a shell game with your examples. What you have just described are instances of non-calls that you think are open to interpretation; but we're talking about an actual call that was made.

You're right that the refs miss a lot, or perhaps even choose not to make a call; but it doesn't actually help your argument, unless you're gonna argue that Carmello should not have been called for any foul at all. I don't think that's what you're saying, so the point is moot.

The fact is they did blow the whistle --for whatever reason-- and called a foul. The foul was above the shoulders, thus an ejection. End of story, end of discussion, end of argument. Game, point & match.

JamStone
12-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Ok a guy gets poked in the eye. A foul is called. The eye is above the shoulder. Automatic ejection?

JamStone
12-01-2007, 08:27 PM
And, my first example wasn't one of a non-call. Loose ball call, two players go for a rebound, one elbows the other the head incidentally and gets a foul called on them. You almost never see that player get ejected even though your argument is that he should.

PoleSmoking
12-02-2007, 10:26 AM
And, my first example wasn't one of a non-call. Loose ball call, two players go for a rebound, one elbows the other the head incidentally and gets a foul called on them. You almost never see that player get ejected even though your argument is that he should.

No no no. See, you're doing it again. There are different sets of rules for loose ball situations, and in such situations the official actually has the discretion to avoid calling a foul if the contact is deemed incidental. There are different rules for contact with an offensive ball-handler that don't apply. C'mon man, you know there are different rules depending on where contact occurs on the court, and whether the offensive player is facing the hoop or not.

In this situation, Carmello "impeded the progress" of Vujacic while the Lakers had the ball. The official was standing right there, and saw what the rule book calls "excessive or flagrant" contact above the shoulders on an offensive player. It's not the same as a loose ball rebound situation. By the way, I've seen plenty of those loose ball elbows actually called, too. So it's not like they just let it go all the time.

What gets me about this whole debate is that you're not only wrong about the rules, your wrong about the plain evidence from the video. I just checked it out again for myself on YouTube, and Carmello is clearly grabbing him on purpose to keep him from cutting baseline, and that arm movement you wanted to cite as evidence of Carmello's innocence is about the most damning thing about the whole play. He's not pulling away, he's clearly following through on his motion and PUSHING Vujacic away. Almost looks malicious, and that's why the refs deemed it excessive. Just give up on this one. Sometimes, you've just got to admit you're wrong and move on.

JamStone
12-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Do you know the exact language of the rulebook? Do you know these different set of rules for each of these different sets of plays you're talking about. First your argument was that my examples were noncalls. Now, it's different rules for different plays or sets of contact. Who's bullshitting whom?

Wrong about the plain evidence of the video? I never said Carmello didn't grab him. I never said he didn't put his hands near or around his neck or throat area. I didn't say Carmello was innocent of a foul. I never said Carmello wasn't trying to impede Sasha's movement. That's exactly what Carmello was trying to do. Stop changing my argument. I said Sasha flopped.

And, now it "almost looks malicious?" That's my point. You don't know Carmelo's intent. And, in my opinion, he wasn't trying to do anything but slow down Sasha. He didn't choke him and didn't shove him to the ground. And, before it was an automatic ejection by the rulebook. And, now you say "the refs deemed it excessive." Which one was it. If it was an automatic ejection by the rulebook, why did the refs have to deem it excessive? Your argument is breaking down.

Sometimes you have to realize when your argument lost.

And, by the way, since you were so boner-happy to tell me how basketball isn't a contact sport, it's "game, set, match." Not, game, POINT, and match. If you have game, you already have point.

JamStone
12-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Again, first it was a "foul above the shoulders" and an "automatic ejection." I give examples of a "foul above the shoulders" that would not be an "automatic ejection" and you say there are different rules for different sets of circumstances and that the refs "deemed it excessive." An automatic ejection would not have to be "deemed excessive." You see how you changed your argument? See how officials have to interpret the play?

monosylab1k
12-02-2007, 10:47 PM
has anybody ever been more butthurt about being wrong and insist on throwing their own stupid viewpoint more than JamStone in this thread?

Seriously, it's you versus everbody with a fuckin clue. Just admit you're wrong and move on.

I really wish I had some slightly amusing gif of a guy with a Rollie Fingers Mustache banging angrily on his computer. That would be sweet.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-02-2007, 11:02 PM

SpurForLife
12-02-2007, 11:12 PM
Sheesh, I think I just wasted 15 minutes of my life reading this thread!!! :dizzy

PoleSmoking
12-03-2007, 03:17 AM
Do you know the exact language of the rulebook? Do you know these different set of rules for each of these different sets of plays you're talking about. First your argument was that my examples were noncalls. Now, it's different rules for different plays or sets of contact. Who's bullshitting whom?

Wrong about the plain evidence of the video? I never said Carmello didn't grab him. I never said he didn't put his hands near or around his neck or throat area. I didn't say Carmello was innocent of a foul. I never said Carmello wasn't trying to impede Sasha's movement. That's exactly what Carmello was trying to do. Stop changing my argument. I said Sasha flopped.

And, now it "almost looks malicious?" That's my point. You don't know Carmelo's intent. And, in my opinion, he wasn't trying to do anything but slow down Sasha. He didn't choke him and didn't shove him to the ground. And, before it was an automatic ejection by the rulebook. And, now you say "the refs deemed it excessive." Which one was it. If it was an automatic ejection by the rulebook, why did the refs have to deem it excessive? Your argument is breaking down.

Sometimes you have to realize when your argument lost.

And, by the way, since you were so boner-happy to tell me how basketball isn't a contact sport, it's "game, set, match." Not, game, POINT, and match. If you have game, you already have point.

Actually I do know the exact wording of the NBA rule book. I was referring back to it before my last response. I didn't change up my argument at all, and I'm not just trying to bullshit you. I'm done with this discussion. I made my point, you rambled some more, and I'm tired of trying to clarify issues for you that you can research for yourself. The Rule Book is available online at the NBA.com site, read it at your leisure. But I'm done with you now.

JamStone
12-03-2007, 09:01 AM
has anybody ever been more butthurt about being wrong and insist on throwing their own stupid viewpoint more than JamStone in this thread?

Seriously, it's you versus everbody with a fuckin clue. Just admit you're wrong and move on.

I really wish I had some slightly amusing gif of a guy with a Rollie Fingers Mustache banging angrily on his computer. That would be sweet.

LMAO!

Good thing Carmello got that 5 game suspension for choking a player ... oh wait, there was no suspension because the NBA saw it was a flop. You can't even argue your point anymore because you know it's wrong so you resort to personal attacks. Nice distraction technique.

JamStone
12-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Actually I do know the exact wording of the NBA rule book. I was referring back to it before my last response. I didn't change up my argument at all, and I'm not just trying to bullshit you. I'm done with this discussion. I made my point, you rambled some more, and I'm tired of trying to clarify issues for you that you can research for yourself. The Rule Book is available online at the NBA.com site, read it at your leisure. But I'm done with you now.

Actually you did change your argument. First you said it was an above the shoulders foul, no discretion or interpretation, automatic ejection. Then when I gave you examples of an above the shoulder fouls that would not be automatic ejections, you said well there are different sets of rules for such and such plays and then the refs deemed the Carmelo foul excessive. Deeming a foul excessive requires the officials to use interpretation and discretion. You did change your argument. It's one or the other. And, your argument failed.

monosylab1k
12-03-2007, 09:41 AM
You can't even argue your point anymore
That's because I said my piece. Remember how you obsessively wanted me to quit discussing the issue because you had no defense for your dead wrong view? People can go read the first 7 pages of this thread and see me dismantle your "Vujacic is capable of superhuman abilities" argument with relative ease. I'd rather throw personal insults at this point instead of discussing the semantics of non-contact sports.

And I fully expected Carmelo to receive no suspension. After all, his name isn't Kobe Bryant.

monosylab1k
12-03-2007, 09:41 AM
you resort to personal attacks. Nice distraction technique.

indeed.

Go eye fuck a midget or an NFL quarterback. You'll make better use of your time.

Watch the video in real time, you imbecile. Not in the slow mo pussy shit you keep rewinding.

I don't know enough about you to know if you ever played basketball, organized or pick-up, but you must be a fucking pussy if you do play.

Sure, tell Weeman to use a rubber next time so you don't have to get your stomach pumped ... again.

Crazy.

You're a bigger retard than I thought if you really don't think there was a flop involved. And, I already thought you were a abnormally gigantic retard to begin with.

It will be ok ...

I assume you're also not a cartoon character, but apparently you pick and choose what to take serious in order for you to be whatever degree of jackass you want to be at the given moment.

And, by the way, since you were so boner-happy to tell me how basketball isn't a contact sport

PoleSmoking
12-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Lmfao!

JamStone
12-03-2007, 11:10 AM
indeed.

Good stuff. I retort to your shit no doubt.

Cute you took all that time to do all that for a discussion you were done with days ago. Your butt hurt much?

It's great you've been done and said your piece for days now and yet you keep responding.

JamStone
12-03-2007, 11:15 AM
That's because I said my piece. Remember how you obsessively wanted me to quit discussing the issue because you had no defense for your dead wrong view?

Remember how you keep making shit up like that comment right there? You were the one who said multiple times you're done with this issue and yet your vagina won't let you stop responding.

People can go read the first 7 pages of this thread and see me dismantle your "Vujacic is capable of superhuman abilities" argument with relative ease. I'd rather throw personal insults at this point instead of discussing the semantics of non-contact sports.

People are more than welcome to read through these 7 pages, but who would want to? It's fucking message board, and you treat it like a 100 hour per week job. You are incapable of dismantling a lego set much less an argument. There isn't one solid point you've made that proves Sasha did not flop.

And I fully expected Carmelo to receive no suspension. After all, his name isn't Kobe Bryant.

Yet you'll swear on a gay midget that he choke slammed Sasha. Riiiight, because choke slamming a player definitely isn't suspension worthy.

monosylab1k
12-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Cute you took all that time to do all that for a discussion you were done with days ago. Your butt hurt much?
I'm not the one who searched the threads for a damning quote from you and then proudly pasted it into my sig like a true internet master. As opposed to the minute or so it took me to cut and paste a few quotes from one thread on the front page of the Basketball Forum.

monosylab1k
12-03-2007, 11:18 AM
You were the one who said multiple times you're done with this issue and yet your vagina won't let you stop responding.
It's been a while since I've said anything about the Carmelo/Vujacic imbroglio. i've focused on what a butthurt little bitch you are instead. along with saving darfur. do you equate posting in this thread with posting a view on carmelo/vujacic. what part of "learn to fucking read" don't you get? i guess that question answers itself.

monosylab1k
12-03-2007, 11:19 AM
ribeye steak is great.

(JamStone's response - "i thought you said your piece about this issue!")

JamStone
12-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Carmelo Anthony was being a punk bitch and deserved his ejection & whatever suspension may be coming.

Don't expect a suspension now that it's several days later and one hasn't been given?

At one point you felt a suspension could have been coming. Now, you realize it was a flop and you'll use old humor to say no suspension will be given because he isn't Kobe. Good one.

JamStone
12-03-2007, 11:20 AM
ribeye steak is great.

(JamStone's response - "i thought you said your piece about this issue!")

Melo isn't Kobe.

monosylab1k
12-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Don't expect a suspension now that it's several days later and one hasn't been given?

At one point you felt a suspension could have been coming. Now, you realize it was a flop and you'll use old humor to say no suspension will be given because he isn't Kobe. Good one.
save darfur

JamStone
12-03-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm not the one who searched the threads for a damning quote from you and then proudly pasted it into my sig like a true internet master. As opposed to the minute or so it took me to cut and paste a few quotes from one thread on the front page of the Basketball Forum.

Ah, but the quote in my sig is amusing to me. And, you even said you weren't joking when you posted that quote. You stated you weren't even trying to be funny with that comment.

SpursTalk: where gay midget love happens

JamStone
12-03-2007, 11:22 AM
save darfur

Where wishing Tom Brady was a midget happens

monosylab1k
12-03-2007, 11:23 AM
SpursTalk: where my obsession with monosylab1k happens. see the sig.

monosylab1k
12-03-2007, 11:24 AM
SpursTalk: Where bitching about other people's personal attacks and then getting about 15 of your own personal attacks thrown right back in your face happens.

Where gifs of men with beards happens.

Where obsession over months-old conversations happens.

JamStone
12-03-2007, 11:24 AM
where I in fact really want to fuck Weeman happens ... it's not a joke

JamStone
12-03-2007, 11:25 AM
SpursTalk: Where bitching about other people's personal attacks and then getting about 15 of your own personal attacks thrown right back in your face happens.

where I hide my own obsessions by claiming someone is obsessing with me happens

JamStone
12-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Where obsession over months-old conversations happens.

where hypocrisy happens (check the thread, first shot was fired with your Gugs comment, midget fucker)

monosylab1k
12-03-2007, 11:27 AM
where I hide my own obsessions by claiming someone is obsessing with me happens

SMH
where that happens.

JamStone
12-03-2007, 11:28 AM
where searching for a point but not making one happens

monosylab1k
12-03-2007, 11:28 AM
where hypocrisy happens (check the thread, first shot was fired with your Gugs comment, midget fucker)
:lmao where "he started it!" happens.

JamStone
12-03-2007, 11:29 AM
where your vagina hurts a lot because a comment is in my sig happens

monosylab1k
where searching for a point but not making one happens

where deciphering context clues doesn't happen.

JamStone
I'm glad you're at least remedial enough to follow along in this game

monosylab1k
12-03-2007, 11:30 AM
where your vagina hurts a lot because a comment is in my sig happens
where your vagina hurt so much you had to put a quote of me in your sig happens.

JamStone
12-03-2007, 11:34 AM
LMAO!

where "I'm done with this" and "I've said my piece" means I'm going to bitch some more because you made me weally weally pissed off but I swear I'm not going to cry dammit

monosylab1k
12-03-2007, 11:37 AM
where being done discussing Vujacic/Carmelo apparently somehow evolves into never posting in that thread again.

monosylab1k
12-03-2007, 11:38 AM
where "beating a dead horse" comments can happen without a hint of irony.

JamStone
12-03-2007, 11:41 AM
where someone needs a hug happens

monosylab1k
12-03-2007, 11:46 AM
where running out of material happens

JamStone
12-03-2007, 11:48 AM
LMAO! your material was to use my material and re-word it ... muy creative

seriously, though, you do need a hug. maybe you just miss your buddy. when SpursDynasty returns, you can hang out with him again.

thanks for the entertainment.

monosylab1k
12-03-2007, 11:52 AM
LMAO! your material was to use my material and re-word it ... muy creative
it's not a bearded man gif but it worked out okay i suppose.

monosylab1k
12-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Save Darfur (http://www.savedarfur.org)

Obstructed_View
12-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Someone told 'melo that Sasha was a snitch.

PoleSmoking
12-03-2007, 06:06 PM
JamStone- You do realize, don't you, that you've long since lost this argument decisively, right? I mean, I think that's the conclusion everyone else reading this thread came to about, say, 2 days ago. Everything else since then has just been your stubborn refusal to admit that you were wrong, while everyone else just points and laughs at you. You get that, right?

JamStone
12-03-2007, 06:18 PM
JamStone- You do realize, don't you, that you've long since lost this argument decisively, right? I mean, I think that's the conclusion everyone else reading this thread came to about, say, 2 days ago. Everything else since then has just been your stubborn refusal to admit that you were wrong, while everyone else just points and laughs at you. You get that, right?

You do get that this is just the internet, don't you? And, you can believe what you want to believe. There are two people that feel strongly against my opinion, and that's a person that named himself/herself PoleSmoking and a guy that admits he wants to fuck a male midget. Laughing has long started before anyone reads what is posted. And, no one cares anyway. It's the fucking internet. Who is pointing at whom? What are they pointing at? It's the internet. You can't see me. You know this is just the internet, don't you?

You want to keep telling me I'm wrong. That's on you. What's the point? Who cares? Yet you keep trying to tell me you're right without responding to my part of the argument that completely kills your point. You want to keep saying you're right yet you haven't answered my examples of fouls above the shoulder that are not automatic ejections. First it was an automatic ejection because it was above the shoulders foul. But, then there are different sets of rules for different things and the officials deemed Melo's foul excessive. You changed your argument, you ass.

Everyone thinks they're right on the internet. I'm laughing at you for thinking it matters to me if anyone is laughing at me over the internet. You know this is just the internet, right? You do, don't you?

JamStone
12-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Let's see, I'm told I'm wrong for believing that Sasha Vujacic flopped on the Melo foul.

And, two people adamantly believe Melo choke-slammed Sasha to the ground, deserved an automatic ejection for a foul above the shoulders, and is a punk for it.

I state how someone could get poked in the eye, and the player that pokes that person in the eye gets a foul called on him but doesn't get an ejection. No substantive reply except there are a "different set of rules" for different things, and then subsequently the officials just "deemed it excessive" which negates the notion of an "automatic ejection" for a "foul above the shoulders" if an official had to interpret it as excessive.

Polesmoking, you said you know the rulebook and insisted that a foul above the shoulders was an automatic ejection. Here is what you were thinking:

"Officials have been instructed to eject a player who throws a punch, whether or not it connects, or an elbow which makes contact above shoulder level. "

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_k.html?nav=ArticleList

Last time I checked, the hand was not considered an elbow.

Again, that's why I insisted that I didn't think Melo's foul deserved a technical foul or ejection.

Now, Polesmoking wants to tell me how "everyone" thinks and is pointing at me laughing at me. This isn't 2nd grade recess.

First, you were wrong saying it deserved an automatic ejection. Secondly, you didn't respond to my examples of other above the shoulder fouls that aren't automatic ejections. Thirdly, I showed how you were wrong when you applied the "elbow foul above the shoulders" rule to this incident where Melo did NOT use his elbow. Fourthly, being laughed at over the internet when you're behind a computer screen is not that embarrassing. Lastly, get over your egocentric stroking and realize you were wrong with the aforementioned points.

Thanks. As you might put it, match, point, clay court, and sets!

JamStone
12-03-2007, 06:45 PM
To refresh why you're wrong. This is what you wrote:

Except that only applies when it's an elbow. Carmelo didn't use an elbow.

You do know you're wrong now, don't you?

monosylab1k
12-03-2007, 06:46 PM
boy, someone's real defensive now. now a damn essay is written to show how big his e-wang is. there's not a cartoony gif for that?

JamStone
12-03-2007, 06:47 PM
boy, someone's real defensive now. now a damn essay is written to show how big his e-wang is. there's not a cartoony gif for that?

where explaining a point to the dumb is considered being defensive happens

monosylab1k
12-03-2007, 06:53 PM
where saying "it's just the fucking internet, I don't give a fuck" while continuing to reply & get butthurt over every insult & rebuttal thrown at him and posting gifs happens.

JamStone
12-03-2007, 06:57 PM
LMAO ... I don't give a fuck if anyone is laughing at me over the internet.

I can still provide clarity to my argument. Would you be so gracious to tell me how my argument is wrong now.

My whole point from the outset was that Melo's foul did not deserve a technical foul or ejection because my opinion was that Sasha flopped. One of PoleSmoking's points was that it was an automatic ejection for being a foul above the shoulders. That's not the rule as I explained, as it applies to elbow fouls.

Why again hasn't Melo been suspended for choke-slamming Vujacic to the ground?

Sorry to poop on your and PoleSmoking's lovefest.

monosylab1k
12-03-2007, 07:02 PM
politics.

PoleSmoking
12-03-2007, 11:36 PM
You do get that this is just the internet, don't you? And, you can believe what you want to believe. There are two people that feel strongly against my opinion, and that's a person that named himself/herself PoleSmoking and a guy that admits he wants to fuck a male midget. Laughing has long started before anyone reads what is posted. And, no one cares anyway. It's the fucking internet. Who is pointing at whom? What are they pointing at? It's the internet. You can't see me. You know this is just the internet, don't you?

You want to keep telling me I'm wrong. That's on you. What's the point? Who cares? Yet you keep trying to tell me you're right without responding to my part of the argument that completely kills your point. You want to keep saying you're right yet you haven't answered my examples of fouls above the shoulder that are not automatic ejections. First it was an automatic ejection because it was above the shoulders foul. But, then there are different sets of rules for different things and the officials deemed Melo's foul excessive. You changed your argument, you ass.

Everyone thinks they're right on the internet. I'm laughing at you for thinking it matters to me if anyone is laughing at me over the internet. You know this is just the internet, right? You do, don't you?

That's right, JamStone. This is the internet. But internet or not, the rules of logic and the dictates of reason are not magically suspended. Sorry. It's still planet Earth, and reality is still in full effect. And to answer your question frankly, I guess the answer is that apparently YOU care. And I have yet to see you deliver one single, solitary fact that does violence to my points or to Monosyllable's points. Not one. Merely claiming that you have done so doesn't count. Merely claiming that we have not refuted you does not make it so. Like I said, this IS the internet, but reality still persists.

I already directed you to read the official rule book, and if you did you would see quite clearly that I never changed my argument; what I did was address my argument more specifically to the hypothetical examples that you offered. And your examples proved to be erroneous or irrelevant to the Carmello/Vujacic incident.

Those examples are covered in the rule book, and there are INDEED separate categories of fouls for offense, defense, loose ball situations, inbound situations, etc. I'm not just pulling crazy shit out of my ass to win an argument. It's a fact, internet or not. This is not some fantasy land where you get to have a billion-dollar bank account and a 12" dick. We're talking about actual events that happen in reality.

Once again, I sincerely urge you to read the rule book ... and then go fuck yourself. This is done. Over. You adopted a foolish position, you foolishly defended it, and now you are exposed not only as a fool, but a persistent fool who doesn't learn from his mistakes. I feel sorry for you.

PoleSmoking
12-03-2007, 11:45 PM
To refresh why you're wrong. This is what you wrote:

Except that only applies when it's an elbow. Carmelo didn't use an elbow.

You do know you're wrong now, don't you?

I hate to even humor you by responding further, but here it goes. I sugguest you read a little bit more of the rule book and give attention to the context of your citation. There are stated exceptions to many of the rules. There are provisions for the refs to declare any foul committed with ANY part of the body either a technical or flagrant foul. It's not just the elbow. And the result is an automatic ejection if the ref deems it excessive. The key, as I said, is whether they deem the act excessive. No contradiction, just different rules for different situations. Just like always. The ref was on the spot and watched the whole thing before deciding it was more than just a garden-variety "impeding the offensive player's progress" foul. It's in the refs court at that point. The ref saw what all of us (except you) saw; Carmello grabbed Vujacic's throat and then tried to throw him backwards. That's a flagrant, not for impeding progress, but for grabbing the throat and following through. Accidentally or not, it doesn't matter.

PoleSmoking
12-03-2007, 11:54 PM
Someone told 'melo that Sasha was a snitch.

BTW, that "snitch" stuff was probably the most intelligent and amusing moment in this entire thread, dude. Fucking hilarious.
:spin

PoleSmoking
12-03-2007, 11:57 PM
[QUOTE=JamStone]LMAO ... I don't give a fuck if anyone is laughing at me over the internet.

I can still provide clarity to my argument. Would you be so gracious to tell me how my argument is wrong now.

My whole point from the outset was that Melo's foul did not deserve a technical foul or ejection because my opinion was that Sasha flopped. One of PoleSmoking's points was that it was an automatic ejection for being a foul above the shoulders. That's not the rule as I explained, as it applies to elbow fouls.

Ok, so if the league says it's kosher, then that's good enough for you, right? LOL! Because the league has been right about so much shit lately, right? Like the rubber ball and the referee situation, right? They just change the rules to make themselves right, and that's kosher for you, right? LOL! Like Mello's shameful hit-and-run last year got glossed over by David Stern because he wanted Anthony in the All-Star game, right? That crap didn't have anything to do with protecting one of the league's supposed stars and trying to get ratings, right? LOL! In fact, I'm LMFAO!

JamStone
12-04-2007, 12:00 AM
Quote and cite those "provisions" and "exceptions" for me, would you please?

For now, let's review what you did post:

What Mello did is described in the NBA rule book as an "above the shoulders foul", which is an automatic flagrant foul & ejection. Period. No room for interpretation or consideration of Mello's delicate sensibilities.

But now there are exceptions?

Not open for debate except there are exceptions right?

Intention is totally irrelevant in this instance. You seem to think intention is the major issue here, and that you know what Melo had going on inside his head. You don't, and intention is irrelevant. The rule is the rule is the rule. You want to talk about intention? Then answer me this: Why does Melo seem to have such a hard time remembering the rules of the game, especially when his team is getting embarassed? Weird.

The rule is the rule is the rule ... except you didn't know the rule. You thought the rule was any foul above the shoulders when it was only the elbow above the shoulders. The rule is the rule is the rule.

Viewing the play objectively REQUIRES e technical or ejection BECAUSE of the rules, not despite them. You can't just sidestep the rules here because it's inconvenient to your argument. That's the point. The rules are not some kind of triviality that the officials can choose to suspend whenever it suits them. They are bound by them, in this specific instance perhaps more than any other. It's not a philosophical debate, it's not about opinion or bias. It's fucking math:

Except you misstated the rule. But, now there are exceptions?

The fact is they did blow the whistle --for whatever reason-- and called a foul. The foul was above the shoulders, thus an ejection. End of story, end of discussion, end of argument. Game, point & match.

Except it's not a "foul" above the shoulders ... it's "elbow" above the shoulders. Game, point & match.

Actually I do know the exact wording of the NBA rule book.

Apparently not.

The Rule Book is available online at the NBA.com site, read it at your leisure. But I'm done with you now.

I advise you to read it as well.

Everything else since then has just been your stubborn refusal to admit that you were wrong, while everyone else just points and laughs at you.

:lol <<<< me laughing at you

JamStone
12-04-2007, 12:02 AM
It's not just the elbow. And the result is an automatic ejection if the ref deems it excessive. The key, as I said, is whether they deem the act excessive.

Except you initially stated there was no room for interpretation or consideration to Melo's sensibilities and not even open for debate or interpretation ... deeming it "excessive" requires interpretation.

PoleSmoking
12-04-2007, 12:07 AM
Wrongo, buddy. It's everyone else laughing at you for days. No matter what you say. I guess if you string this debate out long enough, you'll eventually catch me in an apparent contradiction. But it isn't. It never was, and it never will be. The only contradiction is between you and reality. The point is that no matter what, that Carmello/Vujacic play falls into the category of a flagrant foul/ejection. Whether it's the "above the shoulders" rule, or the "excessive contact" rule, it still falls under the category of a flagrant foul. Whether it's automatic and beyond the refs ability to mitigate it, or whether it's a subjective judgement, it was still ruled a flagrant by the refs on the floor. And it was an ejection. So what's your point, really? You're still wrong no matter what, because the refs made the judgement to eject him.

JamStone
12-04-2007, 12:18 AM
My point is that you initially stated it was an above the shoulders foul so it meant it was an automatic ejection, no room for interpretation or debate. And, I'm pointing out that that rule didn't apply because it wasn't an elbow. You were wrong. Admit it. Wrong. Don't pronounce the "W." Wrong.

The "automatic ejection" is one of your main points in why I'm wrong, that the foul was an automatic ejection because it happened above the shoulders. Using the other flagrant foul rule, there is room for interpretation and debate, room you stated was not there. Thereby, you were wrong.

So, backtracking, you use the alternative rule for flagrant fouls, that the referees "deemed the foul excessive," which was changing your argument. I don't argue the referees didn't use that rule to eject him. He was ejected. They had to use some rule to eject him. I'm just saying it was a subjective interpretation of the rule. An official "deeming a foul excessive" requires discretion, interpretation. And, that's why way back when this thread started I said I disagreed with the notion that it was a technical foul or ejection because Sasha flopped. Because it was interpreted as excessive. If you realized Sasha flopped, you wouldn't determine the contact excessive. You agree with what the officials saw as a flagrant foul. I disagreed with it.

But, your whole argument near the beginning of the thread that it was not open up for debate and it was an automatic ejection was incorrect. Wrong. And, that's where you changed your argument to the official "deeming the foul excessive" to warrant ejection.

It was an interpretation of a rule by the official. In order to consider the foul excessive, it requires the official to subjectively determine the foul was excessive. Meaning it was NOT an "automatic ejection." Meaning had the official realized that Sasha flopped, he wouldn't have been ejected. And, he certainly didn't eject Melo based on what you initially stated as a "foul above the shoulders."

I say Sasha flopped. You say Sasha didn't flop. Neither one of us can prove whether he did or not. That means it's just a matter of opinion. But, you wrote post after post after post about how it was an "AUTOMATIC EJECTION BASED ON A FOUL ABOVE THE SHOULDERS RULE." And, you were wrong.

And, why can you laugh at the league not giving Melo a suspension because they've done so many things wrong, but I can't believe an official made the wrong call?

You've been done. You're over-cooked.

PoleSmoking
12-04-2007, 01:28 AM
Holy fucking shit, man. You're totally obsessed and insane. Shit! You just keep going and going and going. I've never seen anything like it before. Don't you see that now you're not even talking about your OWN original position, because it got demolished? ... now all you're trying to do is pick apart every fucking word I say to try and gain a petty advantage in an argument you already lost days ago? It's really sad and pathetic. I only continued to post because I thought you cared about understanding the actual rules, but now you're gonna pick and choose the shit out of the rule book that you think supports your dead argument, and ignore all the ACTUAL FUCKING special rules and exceptions. You seriously dare to mock me by claiming that there are NOT special exceptions on just about every rule? You try to make me look foolish by pointing out when these special exceptions contradict the meaning you want to believe? Go fuck yourself. Seriously. I'm so done with you. I've lost patience with you. You're a total fucking basket-case. That's all there is to it. You're beyond hope and reason and logic. Just go kill yourself or something.

JamStone
12-04-2007, 01:44 AM

dickface
12-04-2007, 01:56 AM
what the fuck are you laughing at, pal?

pot meet kettle.

JamStone
12-04-2007, 02:05 AM
Laughing at his meltdown. I sling insults plenty. I don't take it that serious.

But, he just went loony.

That's what I'm laughing at.

PoleSmoking
12-04-2007, 04:30 AM
what the fuck are you laughing at, pal?

pot meet kettle.

Laughing my fucking ass off at that! For real. Like I said, everyone is laughing at JamStone. LOL. That was far from a meltdown, that was just the terminus. I'm done with you. Really. Completely. No more. I don't have the heart to go on clowning you.

JamStone
12-04-2007, 10:17 AM
:rollin

dickface
12-04-2007, 10:21 AM
:rollin
did you just catch a Chappelle skit on comedy central or something?

JamStone
12-04-2007, 10:41 AM
did you just catch a Chappelle skit on comedy central or something?

No, mono, I'm still laughing at your friend PoleSmoking's meltdown.

dickface
12-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Chappelle's Show is funnier.

JamStone
12-04-2007, 10:55 AM
I beg to differ. This is some pretty funny stuff. I especially like the "you seriously dare to mock me" line. But, thanks for your opinion, mono.

Holy fucking shit, man. You're totally obsessed and insane. Shit!

You seriously dare to mock me by claiming that there are NOT special exceptions on just about every rule? You try to make me look foolish by pointing out when these special exceptions contradict the meaning you want to believe?

Go fuck yourself. Seriously. I'm so done with you. I've lost patience with you. You're a total fucking basket-case. That's all there is to it. You're beyond hope and reason and logic.

Just go kill yourself or something.