PDA

View Full Version : What is the worst movie you have ever seen??

florige
11-30-2007, 10:14 AM
I know we have a thread on the movie you are ashamed of liking, but what movie can you remember that was just so bad you either walked out the theater, or turned the television off.

House of the Dead.

I was unfortunate enough to have paid $9 on this abomination. This has to have been the worst movie I have EVER seen! Special effect horrible, storyline horrible, you could see the makeup on the zombies actually peeling off. This movie was based on an old video game so throughout the movie they would flash video game clips just out of nowhere. This is the only movie where I just couldn;t take it anymore and had to leave. I'm not sure how the heck this movie made it into theaters. I would have much rather watched a Wesley Snipes or Steven Segal as a retired "CIA operative" movie for the 50th time than this crap! Awful!

Taco's Troll
11-30-2007, 10:16 AM
Natural Born Killers

mrsmaalox
11-30-2007, 10:19 AM
That's an easy one: The Adventures of SharkBoy and LavaGirl

samikeyp
11-30-2007, 10:23 AM
Natural Born Killers

Good...glad i'm not the only one.

fraga
11-30-2007, 10:28 AM
Date Movie

LuvBones
11-30-2007, 10:35 AM
We've had a thread like this before.. I said Wicker Man was the worst and I still stick by that today. That was such a waste of time and money!!

florige
11-30-2007, 10:41 AM
I tried searching under "worst movies" and I couldn't find anything. I only searched one page though.

LuvBones
11-30-2007, 10:46 AM
Oh I found it, but it wasn't really a question thread like yours. :)

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64234&page=1&pp=26&highlight=worst+movie

florige
11-30-2007, 10:52 AM
Yeah still pretty close though. I knew that at one point I had seen something regarding bad movies. I just couldn't remember the exact thread title.

CuckingFunt
11-30-2007, 10:53 AM
The Avengers and Maximum Risk are the only movies I've ever actually walked out of.

The biggest question, of course, is why I was even in the theater in the first place.

Mr. Peabody
11-30-2007, 10:55 AM
The Crow II: City of Angels

I walked out about 30 minutes into it, which is 29 minutes later than I should have.

florige
11-30-2007, 10:58 AM
The Avengers and Maximum Risk are the only movies I've ever actually walked out of.

The biggest question, of course, is why I was even in the theater in the first place.

Probably on a date.

BacktoBasics
11-30-2007, 11:00 AM
Idiocracy or whatever its called.

CuckingFunt
11-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Probably on a date.
Probably for The Avengers.

Maximum Risk, though, was the second half of a double feature at a crappy theater in San Francisco that my friends and I always went to specifically to watch bad movies. It just was too bad.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Dreamcatcher
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

leemajors
11-30-2007, 11:18 AM
The Crow II: City of Angels

I walked out about 30 minutes into it, which is 29 minutes later than I should have.
i just fell asleep, and that never happens during a movie. the crow three was at least funny. mullholland falls was also pretty bad.

johnsmith
11-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Little Nicky.

thispego
11-30-2007, 11:22 AM
http://www.trailerdownload.net/dvd/Crash.jpg

Viva Las Espuelas
11-30-2007, 11:24 AM
mullholland falls what?! how can you get tired of jennifer connelly's rack?

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Freddie Got Fingered. It's the only movie I ever paid to see where I walked out of the theater before it was over.

florige
11-30-2007, 11:32 AM
http://www.trailerdownload.net/dvd/Crash.jpg

I liked Crash because it was different. But actually "Traffic" was out before Crash with that same kind of back and forth format. Plus with Crash there were so many stars on one movie. Thats why I think that it got nominated for so many awards. But I've found that people either hate that movie or loved it.

desflood
11-30-2007, 11:33 AM
That's an easy one: The Adventures of SharkBoy and LavaGirl
That's what I was going to say and you beat me to it. Darn these little kids :lol

LuvBones
11-30-2007, 11:33 AM
I loved Crash!

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Charlie's Angels

leemajors
11-30-2007, 11:40 AM
what?! how can you get tired of jennifer connelly's rack?
good racks abound in bad movies. that movie sucked balls.

angel_luv
11-30-2007, 11:41 AM
ELF.

I wanted to walk out of the theater so badly. But I was with my family, it was Thanksgiving, and I had not brought my own car.

florige
11-30-2007, 11:45 AM
You should have walked into another theater that was playing something worth a damn.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
11-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Nothing tops Battlefield Earth or Eye of the Beholder.

Nothing.

stretch
11-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Freddie Got Fingered. It's the only movie I ever paid to see where I walked out of the theater before it was over.
To some people, that is the absolute worst movie ever made.

To others, it is the funniest movie ever made.

I nearly threw up about 3 times when watching it, cuz I was laughing so hard.

thispego
11-30-2007, 11:55 AM
I liked Crash because it was different. But actually "Traffic" was out before Crash with that same kind of back and forth format. Plus with Crash there were so many stars on one movie. Thats why I think that it got nominated for so many awards. But I've found that people either hate that movie or loved it.
i know, they tried to be too much like Traffic whish WAS a good movie. but the acting, dialogue, and general message was totaly stupid.

thispego
11-30-2007, 11:57 AM
I loved Crash!
it was the least believable movie I have ever seen. I could never get into the mindset that i wasnt watching a movie with actors acting in it, it was brutal to watch the whole thing and i was doing this :rolleyes a whole lot

stretch
11-30-2007, 11:58 AM
The worst movie I've ever seen was Phantom of The Opera. Actually, I only saw about 2 minutes of it, then had to walk out, as it was the most smelly, awful, horrid bag of shit I've ever been around.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Magnolia and Short Cuts were out before Traffic or Crash.

stretch
11-30-2007, 12:00 PM
i was doing this :jack every time I saw Matt Dillon pop on the screen. i love men

fixed.

florige
11-30-2007, 12:06 PM

Traffic was the first movie I saw with that format. I think that Crash made that format popular though, because I can probably name about 5 other movies since Crash that does the same thing.

LuvBones
11-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Nothing tops Battlefield Earth or Eye of the Beholder.

Nothing.lol Battlefield Earth! That's a movie that should've never been made.

ATRAIN
11-30-2007, 12:09 PM
lol Battlefield Earth! That's a movie that should've never been made.

LOL why did you even watch that movie, I dont think we can be friends anymore ;)

thispego
11-30-2007, 12:10 PM
hmm, never see magnolia or short cuts

fixed.
what the hell, i thought i was just thinking that

ATRAIN
11-30-2007, 12:10 PM
I loved Crash!

Yeah how could you not like Crash, that was a bad ass movie!!

florige
11-30-2007, 12:11 PM
i know, they tried to be too much like Traffic whish WAS a good movie. but the acting, dialogue, and general message was totaly stupid.

The only actor in that movie who I was like WTF was Brendan Fraser. "I'm the assistant state attorney F***!!!!" That whole line sounded like he was reading it straight from a cue card.

ATRAIN
The Departed was a horrible movie......................................Just kidding :)

London was a steaming pile of dogshit as well.

I don't think I laughed once during Evan Almighty. It's easily one of the worst comedies I've ever seen.

thispego
11-30-2007, 12:12 PM
Yeah how could you not like Crash, that was a bad ass movie!!

but the acting, dialogue, and general message was totaly stupid.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 12:13 PM
hmm, never see magnolia or short cuts

short cuts is pretty good, and i like magnolia too but there's probably tons of people on here who would say it's the worst movie ever, it's kinda polarizing.

LuvBones
11-30-2007, 12:15 PM
LOL why did you even watch that movie, I dont think we can be friends anymore ;)I've never seen the whole movie! I didn't pay to see it or anything I just caught pieces of it from tv. I had to slap myself for watching even some of that movie. :lol

thispego
11-30-2007, 12:15 PM
The only actor in that movie who I was like WTF was Brendan Fraser. "I'm the assistant state attorney F***!!!!" That whole line sounded like he was reading it straight from a cue card.
that was one of many instances. also when matt dillons cahracter groped the shit out of thandie newtons cahracter... yeah that hapens all the time :rolleyes
or when terrance howards carachter at the end fronts up on all thos cops and doesnt get shot. he's pointing a fucking gun at cops and they have him outnumberd and outgunned but they don't shit him.... yeahhh.. like that EVER happens :rolleyes

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 12:17 PM
I liked Crash the first time I saw it, but after my second viewing I tend to agree with thispego about it. Battlefield Earth had a more believable plot than Crash.

LuvBones
short cuts is pretty good, and i like magnolia too but there's probably tons of people on here who would say it's the worst movie ever, it's kinda polarizing.Magnolia was an interesting movie.. I need to see it again because I forgot a lot of it. I just remember I really liked it.

ATRAIN
I've never seen the whole movie! I didn't pay to see it or anything I just caught pieces of it from tv. I had to slap myself for watching even some of that movie. :lol

sorry too late, im going to block you now :)

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 12:18 PM
or when terrance howards carachter at the end fronts up on all thos cops and doesnt get shot. he's pointing a fucking gun at cops and they have him outnumberd and outgunned but they don't shit him.... yeahhh.. like that EVER happens
plus he's a black guy.

thispego
11-30-2007, 12:20 PM
plus he's a black guy.
EXACTLY my point

Melmart1
11-30-2007, 12:20 PM
Crash was a terrible movie. It's like they wrote the script specifically for the purpose of trying to seem all PC and self-important, then picked a bunch of "popular" actors who didn't realize how self-aware the whole thing was to act in it to show how sensitive they are to its 'message.' Fucking spare me :rolleyes

But, people fell hook, line and sinker for it. It won the fucking Oscar, easily the worst Best Picture pick ever. I hope everyone who voted for that movie realizes that they forever put a little tarnish on the Academy Awards after that.

baseline bum
11-30-2007, 12:23 PM
The last Pirates of the Carribean is by far the worst movie I've ever seen. Even worse, I couldn't just get up and walk out of the theater, because I was working for Disney and they took our whole office to see it one Friday. I would have rather just worked.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 12:23 PM
Also the scene where the girl jumps in front of the gun but they guy only shoots her with blanks. I don't think there's been a more shameless, ham-fisted scene ever in a movie.

Paul Haggis is the most piece of shit writer in Hollywood, I dunno how he gets any respect. He's also responsible for that turd Million Dollar Baby.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 12:25 PM
lol this thread should be renamed "why crash is a shitty movie"

Melmart1
11-30-2007, 12:25 PM
Also the scene where the girl jumps in front of the gun but they guy only shoots her with blanks. I don't think there's been a more shameless, ham-fisted scene ever in a movie.

Paul Haggis is the most piece of shit writer in Hollywood, I dunno how he gets any respect. He's also responsible for that turd Million Dollar Baby.
When she bought the bullets and the guy asked her if she knew what they were, I knew automatically they were blanks and this would fuck up some big, dramatic, overwrought scene at the end. And I was right. The fact that it was so predictable was perhaps the shittiest aspect of the movie, and that is saying a lot because there are some really shitty things about it.

baseline bum
11-30-2007, 12:27 PM

Million Dollar Baby was crap. I hate boxing movies; every punch is a career (or maybe life?) ender if the fight was real.

Crash is a piece of shit. What was the theme of that movie supposed to be? That every single person in the world is some huge asshole?

florige
11-30-2007, 12:27 PM
that was one of many instances. also when matt dillons cahracter groped the shit out of thandie newtons cahracter... yeah that hapens all the time :rolleyes
or when terrance howards carachter at the end fronts up on all thos cops and doesnt get shot. he's pointing a fucking gun at cops and they have him outnumberd and outgunned but they don't shit him.... yeahhh.. like that EVER happens :rolleyes

I don't remember him ever pulling the gun out though. At the point where it seemed he was about to reach for it Phillppe's character jumped right in and said that he knew him. But in real life when he said do you want to see a threating gesture that would have had my trigger finger moving just a little bit. They were giving him alot of rope.

florige
11-30-2007, 12:29 PM
lol this thread should be renamed "why crash is a shitty movie"

:lol Yeah really! Alot of "Crash" haters here.

thispego
11-30-2007, 12:30 PM
I don't remember him ever pulling the gun out though. At the point where it seemed he was about to reach for it Phillppe's character jumped right in and said that he knew him.
well.. you can tell i've only seen it once :lol

florige
11-30-2007, 12:33 PM
well.. you can tell i've only seen it once :lol

I'll agree with you that he was getting a little to testy with the cops. ESPECIALLY when he kept walking towards them. That is a big no-no. Maybe he won;t get shot, but he damn sure would have gotten tased.

Spurminator
11-30-2007, 12:50 PM
The Contender
Closer
Gosford Park

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-30-2007, 12:52 PM
To some people, that is the absolute worst movie ever made.

To others, it is the funniest movie ever made.

I nearly threw up about 3 times when watching it, cuz I was laughing so hard.

I like Tom Green's humor, but for some reason that movie did nothing for me. I sat there cringing a bit, but not laughing at all.

Of course, I might look at it now and think it is pretty darn funny. A movie like that probably requires the proper mindset going in.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-30-2007, 12:54 PM
Pretty much any Jennifer Anniston movie I've seen...except for Office Space of course, might qualify for this list.

florige
11-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Pretty much any Jennifer Anniston movie I've seen...except for Office Space of course, might qualify for this list.

So I take it you didn;t like Derailed? Other than Xzibit, I thought that movie was alright.

florige
11-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Oh my goodness we are forgetting two important pieces of movies crap history..... Waiting.... waiting....

Introducing....

The Triple X series!! How in the world did we forget those pieces of crap.
And when I thought that the second one could be no worse than the first one, then here comes Ice Cube of all people as the "new triple X". How the heck one guy can manage to get onto a US Naval ship and manage to damn near sink it is beyond me... :rolleyes Oh and how about managing to drive a sports car the rims only on railroad tracks... This movie has so many phoney parts they would have been better off making it a cartoon.

mrsmaalox
11-30-2007, 01:12 PM
Traffic was the first movie I saw with that format. I think that Crash made that format popular though, because I can probably name about 5 other movies since Crash that does the same thing.

Not really, it's just a wave of Robert Altman copycats. He was doing it since the early 70's.

CuckingFunt
11-30-2007, 01:29 PM
London was a steaming pile of dogshit as well.

I don't think I laughed once during Evan Almighty. It's easily one of the worst comedies I've ever seen.I avoided both because I heard they were so bad.

I don't even know what London was about, but it was apparently bad enough to piss my friend off and inspire a three hour rant to me about its inadequacies.

CuckingFunt
11-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Closer
Gosford Park

Gotta disagree with both of these.

I enjoyed Gosford Park, and I thought Closer was magnificent. Depressing as all hell, but superbly written/directed/acted.

Spurminator
11-30-2007, 01:36 PM
I hated all four characters in Closer. I found nothing redeeming about them whatsoever and just wanted them to get it over with and kill themselves already.

Great cast (aside from Julia Roberts) but other than that I didn't think it had any redeeming qualities.

Gosford Park just bored me to tears. I may have been in the wrong frame of mind.

mrsmaalox
11-30-2007, 01:44 PM
I hated all four characters in Closer. I found nothing redeeming about them whatsoever and just wanted them to get it over with and kill themselves already.

Great cast (aside from Julia Roberts) but other than that I didn't think it had any redeeming qualities.

Gosford Park just bored me to tears. I may have been in the wrong frame of mind.
Both of those movies were VERY good I thought. I don't care for Julia Roberts or Jude Law, but Clive Owen was great and Natalie Portman was AMAZING. Gosford Park was just what one would expect from Altman, typical but wonderful!

atxrocker
11-30-2007, 01:46 PM
fuck all you guys... wicker man is easily one of the worst movies ever to hit the big screen. that movie was fucking horrible.

Cry Havoc
11-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Driven was the only movie I ever have seriously wanted to leave in the first 15 minutes of watching.

Instead, my g/f at the time and I stayed through the whole thing (it was a free promo through the University) and laughed until our sides hurt. I cannot describe the screaming steaming pile of snottage that Driven is. There was an entire website dedicated to the utter suck of that movie at one point.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0132245/awards

Look at the award for "worst couple". :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Alone in the Dark. Mind you I never actually sat down and watched it from start to finish, but was working as an usher at a movie theater showing it. We had to periodically check the theatres, and every time I had to check on a theater showing it I found myself sticking around longer and longer to watch it's entrancing awfulness. All you need to know about this movie is that they try to pass off Tara Reid as someone with a PhD.

Melmart1
11-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Whoever said the XXX movies was right on. I never saw the second one because the first one sucked so bad. By the time they go to the snowboarding scene at the beginning of the movie, I wanted to leave so bad. But, I had gone with friends and we carpooled so I was stuck. I "went to the bathroom" and stayed playing video games in the lobby for a good hour instead of watching that crap.

Spurminator
11-30-2007, 01:59 PM
I almost mentioned Pearl Harbor but I thought it would be too obvious. It needs to be mentioned though.

CuckingFunt
11-30-2007, 02:00 PM
I actually liked XXX, even though I know its horrible. I think I just enjoyed it's cheesy action-ness.

shelshor
11-30-2007, 02:04 PM
The remake of Suspicion with Jave Curtin
Mr Holland's Opus
The remake of A Star Is Born with Kristofferson & Streisand
Waterworld
Titanic

florige
11-30-2007, 02:19 PM
I actually liked XXX, even though I know its horrible. I think I just enjoyed it's cheesy action-ness.

Well I'll tell you this much, at all cost stay away from the 2nd one. At least with the first one there were SOME stuff that could happen. The 2nd one with Ice Cube is just total B.S on every level. Oh yeah and also stay way from another Ice Cube masterpiece in "Torque". Another movie I wish I had walked out of. But while these movies are bad, nothing still tops the House of the Dead. And I normally can find some good in every movie besides that junk.

Barbarian
11-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Dogma...I don't know how people actually like this movie.

ploto
11-30-2007, 02:32 PM
The worst movie ever was Fairytale (1997)
http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/89/09/83m.jpg

It was about some little girls taking pictures of fairies. It is the only movie I have ever considered walking out during, and I even sat all the way through this:
http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/59/54/26m.jpg

Kriz-Maxima
11-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Titanic, All the pretty Horses, pearl Harbor, Prime.

Dreamgirls is not a horrible movie but highly overrated and too predictible for my taste. Actually it was horrible.

alamo50
11-30-2007, 04:28 PM
One night at McCool's

thispego
11-30-2007, 04:32 PM
Dogma...I don't know how people actually like this movie.
you didnt like the part where the two fallen angels (damon and affleck) go to Mooby headquarters and call out all the execs on their sins and then kill them all (minus the sinless chick)? that was the shit.

leemajors
11-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Alone in the Dark. Mind you I never actually sat down and watched it from start to finish, but was working as an usher at a movie theater showing it. We had to periodically check the theatres, and every time I had to check on a theater showing it I found myself sticking around longer and longer to watch it's entrancing awfulness. All you need to know about this movie is that they try to pass off Tara Reid as someone with a PhD.
the sex scene in it is terminator 1 bad.

edit: it's way worse and without synth music to laugh at.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Highlander 2 and 3

Jimcs50
11-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Magnolia

Jimcs50
11-30-2007, 07:43 PM
One night at McCool's

:wtf

I loved that movie. The car wash scene with Liv Tyler alone is enough to make it a top movie for any red blooded American heterosexual male.

Sapphire
11-30-2007, 07:55 PM
No way. Bruce Almighty was a great movie! She sucked as usual, but it was a very sweet, funny movie.

Sapphire
11-30-2007, 07:56 PM
ELF.

I wanted to walk out of the theater so badly. But I was with my family, it was Thanksgiving, and I had not brought my own car.
Awwwww, Elf is an instant Christmas classic. I liked it! :lol

mrsmaalox
11-30-2007, 08:05 PM
One night at McCool's
I liked that one!

mookie2001
11-30-2007, 08:29 PM
Ive never seen lord of the rings

now we all know they are the worst and most commercial movies of alltime, we know this
(hubie brown)

recently i have seen all of the Life Aquatic, which fucking sucked, anyone who likes that movie is lying to themselves to be cool, or likes bad, boring, unfunny movies

also pans labyrinth, but i didnt really pay attention once i saw how bad it sucked

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-30-2007, 08:32 PM
Jim, you just don't get that movie. It's not shit at all.

CuckingFunt
11-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Ive never seen lord of the rings

now we all know they are the worst and most commercial movies of alltime, we know this
(hubie brown)

recently i have seen all of the Life Aquatic, which fucking sucked, anyone who likes that movie is lying to themselves to be cool, or likes bad, boring, unfunny movies

also pans labyrinth, but i didnt really pay attention once i saw how bad it sucked
I watched the first of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but it took me almost six hours to get through it. I had to keep taking breaks because it bored me so much.

I did rather like both Pan's Labyrinth and The Life Aquatic, though.

pseudofan
11-30-2007, 09:06 PM
syriana

3 hours of my life that I can never recover. to think I sat through frames and frames of that shit.....

inconvertible
11-30-2007, 09:38 PM
13th warrior by far is the crappiest movie I have ever seen.

Xolotl
11-30-2007, 10:38 PM
Doogle

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-30-2007, 10:50 PM
C'mon people, the title of this thread is not "movies you don't like", it's the WORST movie you've seen. You may not like Syriana and Magnolia and Crash, but by no criteria can they be judged amongst the WORST movies you've seen, surely? Worst implies REALLY BAD, C-grade, poorly executed in some way, and whilst unenjoyable to some, the aforementioned movies were all well made.

Now, Death Race 2000 or Salo could be counted amongst the WORST movies out there, with the Highlander sequels close behind.

Xolotl
11-30-2007, 11:08 PM
C'mon people, the title of this thread is not "movies you don't like", it's the WORST movie you've seen. You may not like Syriana and Magnolia and Crash, but by no criteria can they be judged amongst the WORST movies you've seen, surely? Worst implies REALLY BAD, C-grade, poorly executed in some way, and whilst unenjoyable to some, the aforementioned movies were all well made.

Now, Death Race 2000 or Salo could be counted amongst the WORST movies out there, with the Highlander sequels close behind.

If you saw Doogal, you'd understand why I said....Doogal, its the only movie I've ever walked out on and I've stay for some POS movies lol

florige
11-30-2007, 11:08 PM

Dude, people here HATE "Crash" let me tell you... :lol

florige
11-30-2007, 11:10 PM
Het Ruff did you mean Solo? Or is there a movie called Sala? I know I couldn't finish watching Mario Van Peebles as Solo either...

braeden0613
11-30-2007, 11:17 PM
Saw 3

Jimcs50
11-30-2007, 11:24 PM
Jim, you just don't get that movie. It's not shit at all.

One of only 3 movies that I have walked out in in my life. Magnolia blows. To Die For is another that I walked out on. Coincidence that Nicole Kidman starred in one and Tom Cruise in the other...then they get married.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-30-2007, 11:38 PM
Well, Magnolia is an incredibly powerful movie IMHO, although it does seem to engender either love or hate from viewers. For mine, great script, great performances, great music, great message. Anyway, each to his own. I just think "worst" implies "lack of quality", and that movie did not lack for quality, although I completely accept that you hated it.

Florige - no, I meant this horrific thing:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073650/

I know two people who actually sat through the whole thing, but wished they didn't.

leemajors
11-30-2007, 11:43 PM
me and two other friends made another turn magnolia off after a while, it was just unbearable.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-01-2007, 12:19 AM
elpimpo - "I approve of the fact that my government takes biological samples of myself whenever it damn well feels like it." WTF? I never said anything of the sort.

Are you referring to my support of driver alcohol random breath testing? That's a long way from "taking biological samples", it's BREATH, and it's not "whenever it damn well feels like it", it's when driving - ie. when I choose to participate in the social contract of responsible behaviour when in charge of a vehicle.

WTF does it have to do with this thread?

florige
12-01-2007, 12:23 AM
Well, Magnolia is an incredibly powerful movie IMHO, although it does seem to engender either love or hate from viewers. For mine, great script, great performances, great music, great message. Anyway, each to his own. I just think "worst" implies "lack of quality", and that movie did not lack for quality, although I completely accept that you hated it.

Florige - no, I meant this horrific thing:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073650/

I know two people who actually sat through the whole thing, but wished they didn't.

Yeah that does look freakin horrific!

Lloyd Christmas
12-01-2007, 12:27 AM

uhhh, the only reason REALLY REALLY shitty movies get made is because people like you watch them. You illustrate that point with Death Race 2000 and Salo. This thread is about WORST movies that people have actually seen.

monosylab1k
12-01-2007, 11:02 PM
I can't believe this thread has gone on this long without one mention of the shittiest, pretentious as fuck, godawful, unfunny movies in a LOOOOOOOONG time.

Elizabethtown.

Avitus1
12-01-2007, 11:09 PM
http://www.impawards.com/2004/posters/catwoman_ver3.jpg

bdictjames
12-01-2007, 11:10 PM
I'd say Spongebob Squarepants.

thispego
12-01-2007, 11:37 PM
prepare to be crucified

thispego
12-01-2007, 11:39 PM
I dont want the mans porkchop i SAIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

ShoogarBear
12-02-2007, 12:15 AM
St. Elmo's Fire.

Once upon a time Emilio Estevez and Rob Lowe were "stars".

ehz33satx
12-02-2007, 12:24 AM
Nacho Libre

FromWayDowntown
12-02-2007, 12:27 AM
In the late 80's some buddies wanted to go see a movie one afternoon, so we loaded into one guy's car and went to the Dollar Cinema where all of us shelled out $1 to see a Hulk Hogan cinematic tour de force: No Holds Barred. There were five of us in the theater, me, my two friends, and two other guys who were emulating wrestling moves throughout the movie (or were getting it on, I wasn't really sure).

I may have topped that a few years later when I joined a group of aspiring lawyers who wanted to see the Paulie Shore masterpiece, Biodome.

Finally, a few years back, a friend of mine and his girlfriend thought that a great way to introduce me to a young lady friend of theirs was to have us all go see a movie; they advised me of that as they picked me up and when we got to the theater, I was told we were going to see a film that is, at the same time, the anchor on Julianne Moore's career while remaining among David Duchovny's best efforts: Evolution.

I have actually spent my own money on those three classics (in one case, to buy not just one ticket), and I (by virtue of the carpooling issue) actually sat through all three of them.

exstatic
12-02-2007, 12:27 AM
St. Elmo's Fire.

I think that movie was made for the express purpose of getting as many Brat Packers on the screen at one time as they could.

My worst movie was a ditty released in like 1984 or 1985 entitled Voyage of the Rock Aliens. I walked out.

Cry Havoc
12-02-2007, 04:00 AM
i don't pay attention to things that aren't exploding or showing naked women every five minutes to keep my interest

whottt
12-02-2007, 04:11 AM
Last of the Mohicans...

My girlfriend told me it was a great movie...one of the best ever.
We went and saw it...I fell asleep.

My best friend and his girlfriend told me I was crazy for not thinking that was one of the best movies ever...we went saw it...I fell asleep again.

My ex-wife said it was a great movie and told me I had to watch it when I was wide awake so I could see what a truly great movie it was...

We went and rented it...I fell asleep yet again.

I have insominia, I have extremely low standards when it comes to bad movies. The list of movies I've fallen asleep while watching is a short one...the list of movies I've fallen asleep during in the theater is one, that one. The fact that I did it twice, the fact that I've done it 3 times including once when I was wide awake......and perhaps one other time when it was on TV...

That movie sucks and has to be the worst movie ever made. I can't say for certain it's the worst, because I've still never seen anything after the first 30 minutes of it...but from what I've seen, it sucks. The most boring movie in history.

JoeChalupa
12-02-2007, 09:08 AM
I love The Last of the Mohicans but I don't have insomnia.

Jimcs50
12-02-2007, 10:46 AM
St. Elmo's Fire.

I was hot for Andie MacDowell back then, so who cares?

I also have the soundtrack.

:)

DontHatethePlayer
12-02-2007, 10:59 AM
I can't believe no one has mentioned this one so far. What about Eyes Wide Shut with Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman? Maybe everyone is trying to block it from their memories or something. At least half of the movie got up and walked out! My friends and I would have followed but we were laughing so hard we decided to stick around and make fun of it.

Absolutely, positively the worst movie ever!

SAtoDallas
12-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Transformers has got to be one of the crappiest movies ever, but even worse than that is a movie called Lowrider Weekend (if you don't belive me rent it).

Howard the Duck gets a dishonorable mention as one of the worst movies ever.

ShoogarBear
12-02-2007, 12:22 PM
I also have the soundtrack.

:):lmao

PeterBurns
12-02-2007, 02:06 PM
For me it's a tie....Either Magnolia or The Professional.

jman3000
12-02-2007, 02:16 PM
The Professional.
natalie portman, jean reno, gary oldman, professional?

that movie is great.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Idiocracy or whatever its called.
:lol A friend was telling me on Friday how it's the best movie he's ever seen in his life.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-02-2007, 02:24 PM
I may have topped that a few years later when I joined a group of aspiring lawyers who wanted to see the Paulie Shore masterpiece, Biodome.
That was an awesome movie!

florige
12-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Transformers has got to be one of the crappiest movies ever, but even worse than that is a movie called Lowrider Weekend (if you don't belive me rent it).

Transformers the worst?? I thought that movie was awesome. But the best movie of the year comes out next Tuesday. Bourne Ultimatum.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-02-2007, 02:28 PM
I'd have to say the Comebacks. I went to see it with like 5 of my friends and I'm usually the biggest fan of idiotic comedy of all of us, and they were laughing their asses off the whole time, and I was like "What the fuck guys. This is a shitty movie."

I sat through the whole thing and laughed for about a total of 3.2 seconds even though there was something that was supposed to be funny like every minute.

florige
12-02-2007, 02:30 PM
I'd have to say the Comebacks. I went to see it with like 5 of my friends and I'm usually the biggest fan of idiotic comedy of all of us, and they were laughing their asses off the whole time, and I was like "What the fuck guys. This is a shitty movie."

I sat through the whole thing and laughed for about a total of 3.2 seconds even though there was something that was supposed to be funny like every minute.

:lol Some people have a thing for that corny type of comedy I guess.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-02-2007, 02:32 PM
:lol Some people have a thing for that corny type of comedy I guess.
That's usually me but The Comebacks was way too fuckin corny.

florige
12-02-2007, 02:36 PM
That's usually me but The Comebacks was way too fuckin corny.

Then do yourself a huge favor and avoid Balls of Fury at all cost!!

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Then do yourself a huge favor and avoid Balls of Fury at all cost!!
:lol I saw it and it was alright. Have you seen the Comebacks??? If you haven't, watch it. You'll understand how completely shitty it is. I'm talking a new level of shit.

florige
12-02-2007, 02:48 PM
:lol I saw it and it was alright. Have you seen the Comebacks??? If you haven't, watch it. You'll understand how completely shitty it is. I'm talking a new level of shit.

I might have to check it out now. You have got me curious as to how crappy it is.... You check out the House of the Dead and give me a verdict... :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-02-2007, 02:54 PM
:lol Alright. :tu

dirk4mvp
12-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Napeleon Dynamite

mrsmaalox
12-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Last of the Mohicans...
......................The most boring movie in history.

You hit the nail on the head with that one! My mom LOVES that movie and has "inflicted" it on me so many times. I just can't stand it!

Leetonidas
12-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Troll 2 or War of the Worlds. Or maybe Pink Panther. Those movies sucked major ass.

Jimcs50
12-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Napeleon Dynamite

Idiot!

Soul_Patch
01-05-2008, 03:07 PM
I had to dig up this thread to say how utterly horrible i thought transformers was. i watched it last night for the first time, and i knew it would be disapointing, which is why i hadn't watched it yet...but my god, it was way more disapointing than even i thought it could be.

Cheese ass product placement every other frame, ridiculous story line, ridiculous characters...i mean seriously...what in the fuck was wrong with them, that was such a good idea completely ruined.

It doesnt beat the absolute worst movie ever made "Master of Disguises" with dana carvey...but it is damn close...

I saw master of disguises by myself in the theater, I was the only one there, and left after about 15 minutes.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-05-2008, 03:14 PM
I still say the Comebacks is the worst movie ever.

Dex
01-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Plan Nine From Outer Space was voted by the Academy as the Worst Movie Ever. It's hilariously badly made. Cardboard gravestones that get knocked over by the actors, night changing to day and back to night in the the same 'scene', and a main character that mysteriously walks off screen and 'dies' within the first 15 minutes.

I'm surprised that no one mentioned Flowers In The Attic. Worst excuse for a horror movie I've come across. Two twenty-something 'kids' being locked in the attic by their feeble, 600-year old grandmother. I spent the entire two hours wondering why they didn't just knock the bitch over and walk out.

I fell asleep to Last of the Mohicans twice in history class. If you actually like that movie, then I'm sorry, but you like boring ass movies.

I walked out of Chronicles of Narnia too. We got about an hour in, realized the ending was still nowhere in sight, and left to go smoke pot. I still think we made the right decision.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-05-2008, 11:05 PM
This is the worst movie I've ever seen:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102558/

Nothing But Trouble

Kori Ellis
01-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Forrest Gump
A Day Without a Mexican

braeden0613
01-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Recently i would say Blades of Glory and The Cave are the worst. The worst movie i've probably ever seen would have to be saw 3. Hated it.

stress
01-05-2008, 11:53 PM
hated sweeny tood damn musicals but they visuals were ok

Slydragon
01-06-2008, 01:16 AM
I rented this when it 1st came out on tape expecting to laugh a bit and now when I think about this crap ass movie I want to throw up.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6305308888.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

monosylab1k
01-06-2008, 01:19 AM
hated sweeny tood damn musicals but they visuals were ok
I hate Tim Burton, musicals, and anybody who would associate themselves with the mother of all Godless Money Making Scams Disguised As A Trilogy Of Pirate Movies. So I obviously hated Sweeney Todd as well.

Leetonidas
01-06-2008, 01:19 AM
Forrest Gump
A Day Without a Mexican
Forrest Gump, really?

midgetonadonkey
01-06-2008, 01:40 AM
Shoot'em Up

Harry Callahan
01-06-2008, 01:54 AM
Rushmore. With Get Shorty not far behind

whottt
01-06-2008, 04:15 AM
I love The Last of the Mohicans but I don't have insomnia.

And when I'm watching that movie....neither do I :tu

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-06-2008, 06:19 AM
Rushmore. With Get Shorty not far behind

Get Shorty!? How could that be the "worst" movie you've seen?

exstatic
01-06-2008, 09:43 AM
Perhaps because it doesn't have an explosion or a sex act every 5 minutes?

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

cornbread
01-06-2008, 12:07 PM
That new Halloween remake is by far the worst piece of crap excuse for a movie that I have ever seen.

703 Spurz
01-06-2008, 12:38 PM

Transformers the worst movie in the history of cinema?

Unfuckingbelievable

DaHorns
01-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Dude Where Is My Car? Worst movie ever made.......

Biggest piece of shit known to man......

Duff McCartney
01-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Some of you guys have some sorry ass taste in movies.

Transformers bad?
Pirates bad?

I think some of you are just against anything that is popular and makes money. You probably liked them..before they got huge and succesful...now you hate them just so you can be different from everyone.

I think the worst movie I ever saw was one called Grim...which we didn't finish watching...we rented it...and it was junk..sorry ass special effects..I don't even know how it ends..turned it off after 20 minutes.

atxrocker
01-06-2008, 08:03 PM
are you talking about brothers grim? if so, that movie was fucking horrible. i still say wicker man is the worst EVER.

E20
01-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Whoever said Death Race 2000 was horrible clearly does not know what they are talking about.

A Day at the Races was pretty shitty and boring.

resistanze
01-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Rush Hour 3
Super Mario bros. (Koopa with cornrows?)
Street Fighter (Van-Damme as Guile?)
Baby Geniuses

All movies that should qualify as treason.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
01-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Alpha Dog was pretty damn bad

maybe it's because i'm a guy, but You've Got Mail was terrible

florige
01-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Rush Hour 3
Super Mario bros. (Koopa with cornrows?)
Street Fighter (Van-Damme as Guile?)
Baby Geniuses

All movies that should qualify as treason.

I liked Rush Hour 3. Even though the chemistry between Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker wasn't there at all like it was in the first two. It seemed the two were forcing it alot in this one where in the first two movies it came natural.

Another terrible movie, well movies is anything starring that prude Jason Strantham. I don't know how in the heck does this guy continue to get starring roles in movies. Everytime he talks he sounds like he's reading straight from a freakin cue card or something. Crank was probably right under The House of The Dead for me as the worst movie I have ever watched. The only movie that I could tolerate this guy in was The Italian Job. The reason was that was he wasn't in the starring role. This guy is a horrible actor imo. And all of his movies somehow make it to theaters.... :wtf

Duff McCartney
01-06-2008, 09:55 PM
are you talking about brothers grim? if so, that movie was fucking horrible. i still say wicker man is the worst EVER.

No I actually saw Brothers Grimm and it was okay...not great or bad...but I was able to watch it.

This movie is just called Grim. It's pretty sorry..I don't even know who made that movie...but it sucked. It was supposed to be a "horror" movie.

Ignignokt
01-07-2008, 03:25 AM
Forrest Gump
A Day Without a Mexican

OMGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not the only one!!

A movie about a halftard who is a dumbfuck and sleeps with a whore girlfreind with aids and whenever he shits it feeds 10 orhpans in africa, Do gooder, POS politically correct film@##@!!! aw im gonna stop before i sound like boutons.

also on the suck list.

Every Wayne brothers film ever made.

all The American Pie films, and Scary Movie Sequels.

Donnie Darko--- Shagheya ghey!!

Napoleon Dynamite,

Rush Hour 3.

Any of whotts favorites.

He'd probably nut himself if a movie was equipped with an allstar cast of Rowdy Roddie Piper, Macho Man, Coolio, and Stephen Seagal.

Whott would cream his degeneration x undies.

to21
01-07-2008, 02:26 PM
I don't about worst ever, but Alien vs Predator Requiem is one of the worst I've seen lately.

florige
01-07-2008, 03:06 PM
I don't about worst ever, but Alien vs Predator Requiem is one of the worst I've seen lately.

It was alot better than the original AVP crap. But it did have alot of plot holes.

tlongII
01-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Natural Born Killers was, by far, the worst movie I've ever seen.

Harry Callahan
01-07-2008, 03:18 PM

It may not be the "worst" movie in and of itself, but given the hype and reviews I thought it would be A LOT better than what it was. Nothing but a bunch of Fbombs and a shaky plot. Just did not like it at all.

Spurminator
01-07-2008, 07:34 PM
The trailer for Meet the Spartans is almost as bad as any whole movie I've ever seen.

monosylab1k
01-07-2008, 07:44 PM
The trailer for Meet the Spartans is almost as bad as any whole movie I've ever seen.
The first time I saw that, I was convinced it was some joke trailer created by Conan O'Brien or The Soup. When I found out it was a real movie, I think I actually cried.

Spurminator
01-07-2008, 07:52 PM
At what point do movie lovers consider picketing theaters showing these movies like an abortion clinic?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Ignignokt - Donnie Darko is genius!

E20 - I said Death Race 2000 was crap. Even though I saw it as a 13 year old, I stand by that.

travis2
01-08-2008, 07:41 AM
Plan Nine From Outer Space was voted by the Academy as the Worst Movie Ever. It's hilariously badly made. Cardboard gravestones that get knocked over by the actors, night changing to day and back to night in the the same 'scene', and a main character that mysteriously walks off screen and 'dies' within the first 15 minutes.

Heard of that one...never saw it.

When I was in college, some friends and I went to see Battle Beyond The Stars. All you really need to know about this movie is:

a. Roger Corman was Executive Producer.
b. Richard Thomas (!!!) plays the lead role.

:lmao

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080421/
http://www.badmovies.org/movies/battlebeyond/

01-08-2008, 07:50 AM
It was alot better than the original AVP crap. But it did have alot of plot holes.

It's not the type of movie people go to see for a riveting plot.

I actually thought they spent too much time developing the plot. Way too much dialogue in the first half of the movie.

to21
01-08-2008, 09:44 AM
It's not the type of movie people go to see for a riveting plot.

I actually thought they spent too much time developing the plot. Way too much dialogue in the first half of the movie.

Exactly!

I went to see some alien on alien action. :eyebrows

Soul_Patch
01-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Natural Born Killers was, by far, the worst movie I've ever seen.

This movie on any kind of hallucinogens (not that i promote their use anymore) was absolutely bad ass.

I dont think ive ever seen it sober, but i do recall watching it many times under the influence.

CuckingFunt
01-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Natural Born Killers is not only one of my favorite movies, but one of only two Oliver Stone films I can sit through without wanting to kill someone.

Soul_Patch
01-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Natural Born Killers is not only one of my favorite movies, but one of only two Oliver Stone films I can sit through without wanting to kill someone.

same here. this one and the doors.

monosylab1k
01-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Worst Oliver Stone movie ever has to be World Trade Center. There's been really shitty movies from him in the past (Alexander, U-Turn) but at least those had some sort of artistic point to them. This was just a cheap, whorish attempt to regain legitimacy by profiting off of 9/11. And the movie sucked balls too.

CuckingFunt
01-08-2008, 10:22 AM
same here. this one and the doors.
Ditto.

And The Doors is a ultimately a pile of crap that's only made watchable by Val Kilmer's incredible performance.

monosylab1k
01-08-2008, 10:24 AM
I still think Platoon is okay, but the overdone Willem Dafoe death scene makes me giggle.

ChumpDumper
01-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Platoon and Nixon were Stone's best work (he almost ruined the latter with the Larry Hagman JFK callback scene). On the whole, he's overrated.

Oh, Gee!!
01-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Freddy Got Fingered

tlongII
01-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Natural Born Killers was HORRIBLE! :lol

I had to walk out of the theatre before the end. Oliver Stone is an idiot.

ChumpDumper
01-08-2008, 04:51 PM
It was a huge miss.

Rodney Dangerfield was great in it though. It would have been nice to see him in a good drama.

Dirk Nowitzki
01-08-2008, 11:55 PM
X-Men 3 the Last Stand was a complete piece of shit. Bret Ratner fucking blows and the fact he directed this movie made it worse. To add gasoline to the fire, he gives that overrated shitty so called actress Halle Berry a major role which added to the shittiness of this horrible film.

freemeat
01-09-2008, 12:45 AM
I sort of had to watch this for work, so at least I have an excuse for having seen it.

The absolute worst movie ever made is Because I Said So. It made me violent.

slayermin
01-09-2008, 01:18 AM
Platoon and Nixon were Stone's best work (he almost ruined the latter with the Larry Hagman JFK callback scene). On the whole, he's overrated.

Heaven and Earth and Born on the Fourth of July are my favorites.

RIP CITY
01-09-2008, 02:10 AM
Battlefield Earth is probably the worst movie I have ever seen. That movie fucking blows, I'm not a huge Travolta fan but he usually picks good movies to be in for the most part, but that was just horrible.

Some others are...

Epic Movie
Balls of Fury
Alien Vs. Predator 1
Half Past Dead (And most other Steven Seagal movies)
Driven

There was another one but I forgot the name of it, it had Ja Rule, and Praz from the Fugees in it, horrible.

Thankfully I didn't pay money to watch any of those movies.

And all though I haven't seen any of these movies I'm sure they sucked ass...

Gigli
Glitter
That movie with Britney Spears in it.
Hustle and Flow
That 50 Cent movie (Get rich or die tryin??)

CuckingFunt
01-09-2008, 02:14 AM
And all though I haven't seen any of these movies I'm sure they sucked ass...

Gigli
Glitter
That movie with Britney Spears in it.
Hustle and Flow
That 50 Cent movie (Get rich or die tryin??)
One of these things is not like the others. One of these things just doesn't belong.

slayermin
01-09-2008, 04:27 AM
One of these things is not like the others. One of these things just doesn't belong.

Hustle and Flow was excellent.

RIP CITY
01-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Hustle and Flow was excellent.

I'll take your word for it, but I still won't watch it. I saw the trailer, and that was enough for me. Terrence Howard is a horrible actor IMO, and his fake accent was horrible in the trailer. The movie just looked corny, and forced in the trailer.

monosylab1k
01-09-2008, 10:41 AM
hustle & flow was about as corny and cliche as they get. it was a crappy movie with a few great performances.

any movie that uses the quote "it aint the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog" like it's some sort of groundbreaking, revelatory statement probably had a shitty screenwriter. no, it definitely did.

slayermin
01-09-2008, 12:41 PM
hustle & flow was about as corny and cliche as they get. it was a crappy movie with a few great performances.

any movie that uses the quote "it aint the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog" like it's some sort of groundbreaking, revelatory statement probably had a shitty screenwriter. no, it definitely did.

The film isn't perfect but I thought it was better than your average film about hip-hop. I'm talking about non-documentaries. And it is definitely worth watching just for Terence Howard's performance.

Oh, Gee!!
01-09-2008, 01:37 PM
swordfish
waist deep
shoot em up

ancestron
01-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Judge Dredd. walked out.