PDA

View Full Version : Warriors

ratm1221
11-30-2007, 10:22 AM
I was so wrapped up in the Cowboys game I didn't even notice that the Warriors reamed Houston last night for their 5th straight win. Crazy stuff.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Yeah, they've been looking like the team that beat Dallas since Jackson got back. They just ran Houston into the ground last night.

ratm1221
11-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Their season will depend on Davis staying healthy is the only bad thing for them. He already looks like he's being held together by all those braces he wears.

Walter Craparita
11-30-2007, 01:06 PM
shhhhh...

That's Dallas getting scared.

Extra Stout
11-30-2007, 01:28 PM
If we just stay around the 4 or 5 seed, the Warriors can't get to us.

Findog
11-30-2007, 02:25 PM
If the Warriors play Dallas again, then the Mavericks can't get to us

Ronaldo McDonald
11-30-2007, 02:49 PM
as pathetic as it is the mavs are probably tanking some games so that they can hover around the 4th or 5th seed to stay away from having to play the warriors in the play-offs.

it should be mentioned, though, that the mavs are perfect at being a bunch of pathetic girls when it comes down to it so this isn't revealing at all.

Findog
11-30-2007, 02:53 PM
as pathetic as it is the mavs are probably tanking some games so that they can hover around the 4th or 5th seed to stay away from having to play the warriors in the play-offs.

The Mavs are losing games because their defense sucks. They're not tanking. Given how well Golden State is playing right now, what makes you think they will end up with one of the last spots?

it should be mentioned, though, that the mavs are perfect at being a bunch of pathetic girls when it comes down to it so this isn't revealing at all

lol, Ronaldo McDonald. Giving da_suns_fan and SpursDynasty a run for their money, eh?

mavsfan1000
11-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Dallas might just get the 4th seed and I could see the Warriors getting the 5th. :shakes:

Ronaldo McDonald
11-30-2007, 02:58 PM
The Mavs are losing games because their defense sucks. They're not tanking. Given how well Golden State is playing right now, what makes you think they will end up with one of the last spots?

lol, Ronaldo McDonald. Giving da_suns_fan and SpursDynasty a run for their money, eh?

their d sucks because they are tanking games. ur quality of play tends to drop when you try to tank games. of course their d sucks.

Findog
11-30-2007, 03:01 PM
their d sucks because they are tanking games. ur quality of play tends to drop when you try to tank games. of course their d sucks.

Do you even watch basketball? First, you assume the Mavericks are so afraid of the Warriors that they would actively try to avoid a rematch. Second, there's no way to know 15 games into the season where Golden State will end up being seeded. Given how tough the West is, they could easily make it to the 5 spot with a few breaks.

dubsball
11-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Ahhh it's great to have Warrior chats starting here! Well the thing with Baron's body is now he has a full squad to support him so he doesn't have to get too physical or play too many minutes, and we have 5 players who have already scored 30 points in a game (the most in the NBA this season). Unlike Phoenix, we can play decent D now, as Tracy McGrady even admitted last night:

"They did a great job of taking Yao and myself out of the game," McGrady said. "Every time we touched the ball we had two guys hanging off us. Even before we touched the ball we had two guys hanging off us. Everybody talks about how they are not a good defensive team, but for us it's a just a bad matchup."

Jack is playing like an All Star, sadly, they only put him as a G on All Star balloting when he can play the 1, 2 or 3, and the G's are very competitive, we're even worried BD might not make it. We're actually 8-2 in our last 10 games, so we're real hot, and I think the only team we can't beat is San Antonio and the only team we can beat but not in a 7 game series is Utah... but hopefully we can let Dallas TRY to take one of those out for us :)

Still a long season though, we could still end up 8-74 so don't wanna jinx it yet.

ludda
11-30-2007, 03:41 PM
The only teams GS cannot beat are Spurs and Jazz. I could see them giving Suns a hell of a series. And we all know about the mavs.

I don't think Mavs are tanking this early to avoid GS, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did later on the season if GS was definitely going to make the playoffs (which given that BDavis remains healthy, I could see happening).

Ronaldo McDonald
11-30-2007, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE=Findog]First, you assume the Mavericks are so afraid of the Warriors that they would actively try to avoid a rematch.QUOTE]

it's justified that i think that given that they lost to them last year in terrible fashion.

and ur assuming that they wouldn't tank just enough to avoid playing GS. U can't back that shit up. at least i have reason to beleive it.

Walter Craparita
11-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Honestly though, the Warriors are just fun to watch. They play with such emotion they are like a ticking time bomb. They have an uncanny ability to step it up against big teams. They are Giant Killers.

If they could meet the Suns....wow, good series.

Findog
11-30-2007, 04:22 PM
it's justified that i think that given that they lost to them last year in terrible fashion.

Thanks for answering my question as to whether or not you watch basketball. You can't control what another team does or accurately predict what exact seed they're going to have 6 months from now.

and ur assuming that they wouldn't tank just enough to avoid playing GS. U can't back that shit up. at least i have reason to beleive it

Yes, I am going out on a limb and assuming they are not losing games on purpose in order to affect playoff seedings that won't be determined for another 6 months. I can't "back that shit up." :rolleyes

Shank
11-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Holy shit - we're seeding with almost 70 games still to play?

Let me know how that works out for you.

Ronaldo McDonald
11-30-2007, 06:56 PM
well, i'm going to have to agree on what you said about not being able to predict EXACTLY how the playoff teams will be shuffled come playoff time.

But you can be accurate.

This is how the seedings will look:

san antonio
phoenix
utah
DALLAS
houston
denver
la
GOLDEN STATE

la and golden state is toss-up. so, whether golden state ends up at 8 or 7 - or even 6 - dallas can stay clear of them if they hang back at 4.

my arrangment of the playoff teams is a formidable prediction and as a result so is my "tanking" theory

Ronaldo McDonald
11-30-2007, 07:01 PM
Holy shit - we're seeding with almost 70 games still to play?

Let me know how that works out for you.

yea. because as far as i know everbody kept pretty much the same team as last year. outside of a kobe bryant trade or major injuries i can't picture a playoffscenario drastically different from last year (other than Dallas not being the number one seed)

Walter Craparita
11-30-2007, 07:04 PM
PHX vs. GS....................\

Dallas vs. Denver............/

Spurs vs. LA..................\

Utah vs. Rockets............/

I wish these could be the 1st round matchups.

bdictjames
11-30-2007, 07:04 PM
They're the best team outside San Antonio and Boston so far.

bdictjames
11-30-2007, 07:05 PM
PHX vs. GS

Spurs vs. LA

Dallas vs. Denver

Utah vs. Rockets

imo
I think 6,7, and 8 would look like:

GS
LA
Denver

So tough first-round matchups either way.

Ronaldo McDonald
11-30-2007, 07:14 PM
denver will come out of their slump once they get all their players back. i think they've got great potential in the west if they're healthy. they're, if we go by their history, a slow starting team. But once they turn the corner I think they've got a great team. they've got a great team and great potential. possibly a top 4, even 3 seed when it's all said and done.

it's a toss up between la and gs. i think la beats fro seed #7 when it's all said and ddoen though

sprrs
11-30-2007, 11:09 PM

What reason do you have for the Spurs lousy D as of late?

yeahone
11-30-2007, 11:13 PM
what about hornets...once they can remain healthy they got a shot of making the playoffs

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 11:15 PM
tanking to avoid the Warriors this early? that's probably the stupidest thing I've ever read on this forum. What if GS goes on a huge run late and all these early season "tanking" losses comes to bite us in the ass since they get the 4 seed and we get the 5 or something like that?

if it looks like they'll be paired up with 8 games to go and Dallas goes on some incredible losing streak, maybe that theory holds water. at this point in the season, it is the single dumbest thing I've ever read on this forum. and that includes anything SpursDynasty has written.

Xylus
11-30-2007, 11:37 PM
I think the Suns could handle the Warriors in 5 or 6 games, but it would be one hell of a series to watch. They'd both score at least 120 every single night.

Roxsfan
12-01-2007, 01:50 AM
Ahhh it's great to have Warrior chats starting here! Well the thing with Baron's body is now he has a full squad to support him so he doesn't have to get too physical or play too many minutes, and we have 5 players who have already scored 30 points in a game (the most in the NBA this season). Unlike Phoenix, we can play decent D now, as Tracy McGrady even admitted last night:

Jack is playing like an All Star, sadly, they only put him as a G on All Star balloting when he can play the 1, 2 or 3, and the G's are very competitive, we're even worried BD might not make it. We're actually 8-2 in our last 10 games, so we're real hot, and I think the only team we can't beat is San Antonio and the only team we can beat but not in a 7 game series is Utah... but hopefully we can let Dallas TRY to take one of those out for us :)

Still a long season though, we could still end up 8-74 so don't wanna jinx it yet.

Yeah, and it didn't help that it was the 2nd nite of a b2b.

Ronaldo McDonald
12-01-2007, 12:36 PM
What if GS goes on a huge run late and all these early season "tanking" losses comes to bite us in the ass since they get the 4 seed and we get the 5 or something like that?

i already posted how the playoff seeding would look. it's a highly predictable.

gs may go on a run but so will other teams, therefore negating any gs run. runs happen from every team and eventually things always end up balancing out. a gs run will not give them a 4th seed. there is NO WAY that happens. they just aren't good enough. they've got to beat some really promising teams in order to do that...

StylisticS
12-01-2007, 02:17 PM
You don't tank games in late November early December. We still have January, february, March, and April to go and a team is somehow "tanking." The thought of tanking games with 4 more months to go in the season is stupid, idiotic, and dumb.

Indazone
12-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Golden State is on a roll. They are a true donut team cause they got a big empty spot at Center. But, there is a precedent. Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls.

mavsfan1000
12-01-2007, 03:28 PM
I expect Golden State to be the 5th seed. Hopefully Dallas can at least get the 3rd seed. Also Phoenix is another team Dallas wants to avoid. Dallas doesn't do well against run and gun teams. They much prefer the traditional half court style teams.

dubsball
12-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Golden State is on a roll. They are a true donut team cause they got a big empty spot at Center. But, there is a precedent. Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls.

That's extremely wrong. Andris Biedrins is only 21 and is worth so much to the team, that we passed on KG because we felt it was not worth it to lose him. The reason you think we don't have a center is because we don't need him against Houston, since we put Al Harrington and other forwards on Yao Ming to exploit his lack of "lateral" movement and his inability to...well... run.

What a sore loser, it's OK to criticize, but don't tell us we have a hole and have no center. Maybe saying we're still a little weak at the C would have been a little more appropriate, though in my opinion, still wrong.