PDA

View Full Version : Tommy T eating slop?

MajorMike
11-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Maybe there's a reason he hasn't signed his extension yet?

It appears that money and timing will be very important in our next coaching hire. Tommy T. reportedly will be Arkie's next coach for a cool 10 year, $30 million deal. Saturday may be the announcement day.

should be announced Friday afternoon (possibly Sat) around $3M/yr and Jerry Jones is one of the big backers fronting some of the $6M buyout from Aub. If they can pay $3M/yr for a coach this thing is about to get crazy stupid, wouldn't be shocked to see someone pull in $5M/yr in college soon

Thunder Dan
11-30-2007, 01:09 PM
it just broke on AOL.com he is headed to Arkansas. Why is Aubrun letting him go? or does he not like it there? what's the deal. I think Auburn is a good job and he was doing well there.... explain

Extra Stout
11-30-2007, 01:11 PM
it just broke on AOL.com he is headed to Arkansas. Why is Aubrun letting him go? or does he not like it there? what's the deal. I think Auburn is a good job and he was doing well there.... explain
:lol Boy, he's impatient. If he'd waited two weeks, he could have had the LSU job.

degenerate_gambler
11-30-2007, 01:58 PM

not much this season has made sense...this just adds to it.

lateral move at best, as doug collins said in another post. wonder if a&m even talked to him or was byrne not interested? or if they did, was tubby afraid he couldn't recruit against brown & stoops?

weird move, man if true.

Doug Collins
11-30-2007, 03:02 PM
not much this season has made sense...this just adds to it.

lateral move at best, as doug collins said in another post. wonder if a&m even talked to him or was byrne not interested? or if they did, was tubby afraid he couldn't recruit against brown & stoops?

weird move, man if true.

Sherman was hired so quickly that I dont think they really considered anyone else. Byrne had to have had his mind made up once the Fran buyout was agreed upon.

Extra Stout
11-30-2007, 03:21 PM
Sherman was hired so quickly that I dont think they really considered anyone else. Byrne had to have had his mind made up once the Fran buyout was agreed upon.
Or maybe for some reason in TT's mind Fayetteville > College Station.

Brutalis
11-30-2007, 03:23 PM
:lol Boy, he's impatient. If he'd waited two weeks, he could have had the LSU job.
I sense sarcasm, but he hates LSU.

Brutalis
11-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Guys I hate to burst my own bubble but I reaaaallly think Tommy is just using the Hogs right now. I hope it's false but that's what I'm feeling from all this.

Doug Collins
11-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Or maybe for some reason in TT's mind Fayetteville > College Station.

Fayetteville is a lot prettier than College Station, so I wouldn't blame him.

Brutalis
12-01-2007, 12:07 AM
The Hill has money at each corner. The Razorback Foundation is consistently pumped with money from our big businesses.. and yet all the mess and drama Nutt created has left the Arkansas job looking a lot more bleak than it should.

Hate to say it but any coach looking at the Hogs see a lot of disgust and confusion among the fan base and overall composure of the school. Tommy could make a run for anyone he wanted to if he coached the Hogs. Recruiting would get better, and on top of the money flow and beautiful school, top 10 facilities.. it's all that shines for appeal right now.

Houston has really left Arkansas in bad shape. I knew this was going to happen, and that sacrifice (like paying him to just go away) was a must. Now the rebuilding process occurs and as a Hogger I and our state should really just chill unless we hire some no name dry footed mid major coach. Then chaos will explode on my lead!

Nutt came in talking SEC Championships, in which he went 0-3, with just one of those three games even competitive. He was even wearing his division championship ring at the UM press conference. The day before he said, "Once a Hog, always a Hog, you can't ever change that" then 24hrs later "I'm a Ole Miss Rebel" to the Mishap press. He is a good recruiter, awesome motivator and a good person. Although in crucial moments of games he showed a consistent lack of control and knowledge to make the right call. (Like DMac on the bench with 4th and 1 against UTenn)

Countless times Arkansas was left underachieved. All we can do is look back and wonder, what would have been the outcome against Michigan, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin games if Nutt could coach on the field better. We dominated Wisconsin from start to finish and couldn't put a dime on the board to show for it. The stats don't lie and that was one of his worst ever losses, and almost the same way against the Sooners a few years back.

UM expects 7 wins, and pounding Misstake. A bowl game is just a great year to them. Nutt will deliver on that, easily. While 5 of our assistant coaches recruit for them on our clock, and will leave for UM after our bowl, (prob Cotton).

I can go on. And I guess only JFB himself and the fans waiting so long to provoke a change can be blamed.

Butch Davis is sitting back probably smoking a cigar wondering how he missed out on his dream job by one year. As BD would not screw UNC to come home to Arkansas.

TT has been screwed so many good times by Auburn and their golden flake fans, I wonder if it truly is just money is walks for. I guess we will find out now that Arkansas has made evidently clear they will pay almost whatever it takes including the 6m buyout. (3mil for one)

Texas Tech can keep that dude that passes on 3rd and 1. "Coach" I guess.

Boise can keep theirs. Where do you think Nutt came from. Arkansas does not need anymore mid major dreamers screwing shit up.

WV coach is in the air I guess.

USC own Steve Sarkasian has interviewed and wants the job. He has done good anywhere he has went just about.

I personally want Tommy though. He can recruit the hell out of anything, and with Arkansas' long stature of stealing 'coots from Texas and OK, I can only imagine what Tubby would do.