PDA

View Full Version : Now that Barry is not coming, is Tinsley enough?

pacers4ever
08-19-2003, 07:03 PM
I think that Tinsley needs some more time to prove himself, but i wonder if the Pacers can win the East without a proven veteran PG!

Pooh
08-19-2003, 07:05 PM
I don't see why not, the Spurs won without a legit center. Robinson was hurt on and off. They relied on Rose and Willis to carry the load.

KoriEllis
08-19-2003, 07:49 PM
Barry is a shooting guard, not a true point, so he wasn't going to run the team with amazing efficiency.

The Pacers have to make a few more moves this offseason to improve. The Nets and other Eastern teams have improved this summer while the Pacers have stood still or regressed.

The Pacers should have just about everyone on the trading block (except O'Neal) as they try to re-vamp their talent. Pollard is a downgrade from Miller, so they have to try to bolster their roster in other areas.

Pooh
08-19-2003, 08:03 PM
I think they improved somewhat...but we really won't know until training camp starts in about a month.

The jury is still out on the Nets, they may well lose Kenyon Martin. Getting Mourning is "questionable" at best. I don't really see them as improving this off-season.

But we'll see...

KoriEllis
08-19-2003, 08:09 PM
they may well lose Kenyon Martin

They can't lose him; he's not an unrestricted free agent. They can trade him, but he can't walk.

I think they improved somewhat...

You keep saying that. Please break down HOW they improved. Re-signing O'Neal doesn't make them improve -- he was already there.

pacers4ever
08-19-2003, 08:22 PM
It is true that Brad Miller is better than Pollard, but it could have been much worse. Miller was a free agent, and had he gone to Utah, the Pacers would have been left with nothing in return! I thought that the Pollard deal was good, because Indiana would have never been able to match offers from all other interested teams (Kings, Jazz and Nuggets). Reason: Luxury Tax. Pollard can really pull down some boards and he is known for his defensive efforts. He can complement Jermaine and shine more because at Sacramento he was playing behind Webber and Vlade Divac. Though when he started for the Kings, he always played very good!

As for the other positions, i still think that the PG position needs to be improved the most. The other postions look pretty good for me:

SG: Reggie Miller, Carl English, Artest
SF: Artest, Harrington, Bender, James Jones
PF: Jermaine O'neal, Harrington, Croshere
Center: Pollard, Foster, Primoz Brezec

ducks
08-19-2003, 10:11 PM
the pacers need to be carefull and not sign reggie to a big contract next year

if they are not going to sign anyone this year they should front load his contract. so they can get someone next year. make it to the ecf is not that great of a goal. their goal should be to get to the finals. they need to get travis best to sign with them and MAKE reggie take what is left. they need someone else.tinsley is not good enough on that team. tinsley has quite improving.

Pooh
08-19-2003, 10:45 PM
Well Reggie will be getting half of what he made over the past two seasons. I imagine that his new contract will not be a high one.

Best has been rumored to be on the Pacers list of players to sign. Barry was their top choice but now he's on his way to Denver.