PDA

View Full Version : WTF is 47 year-old woman doing creating fake profiles on MySpace anyway....

Mr. Peabody
11-30-2007, 12:48 PM
A Hoax Turned Fatal Draws Anger but No Charges
By CHRISTOPHER MAAG

DARDENNE PRAIRIE, Mo., Nov. 21 — Megan Meier died believing that somewhere in this world lived a boy named Josh Evans who hated her. He was 16, owned a pet snake, and she thought he was the cutest boyfriend she ever had.

Josh contacted Megan through her page on MySpace.com, the social networking Web site, said Megan’s mother, Tina Meier. They flirted for weeks, but only online — Josh said his family had no phone. On Oct. 15, 2006, Josh suddenly turned mean. He called Megan names, and later they traded insults for an hour.

The next day, in his final message, said Megan’s father, Ron Meier, Josh wrote, “The world would be a better place without you.”

Sobbing, Megan ran into her bedroom closet. Her mother found her there, hanging from a belt. She was 13.

Six weeks after Megan’s death, her parents learned that Josh Evans never existed. He was an online character created by Lori Drew, then 47, who lived four houses down the street in this rapidly growing community 35 miles northwest of St. Louis.

That an adult would plot such a cruel hoax against a 13-year-old girl has drawn outraged phone calls, e-mail messages and blog posts from around the world. Many people expressed anger because St. Charles County officials did not charge Ms. Drew with a crime.

But a St. Charles County Sheriff’s Department spokesman, Lt. Craig McGuire, said that what Ms. Drew did “might’ve been rude, it might’ve been immature, but it wasn’t illegal.”

In response to the events, the local Board of Aldermen on Wednesday unanimously passed a measure making Internet harassment a misdemeanor punishable by up to a $500 fine and 90 days in jail.

“Give me a break; that’s nothing,” Mayor Pam Fogarty said of the penalties. “But it’s the most we could do. People are saying to me, ‘Let’s go burn down their house.’”

St. Charles County’s prosecuting attorney, Jack Banas, said he was reviewing the case to determine whether anyone could be charged with a crime. State Representative Doug Funderburk, whose district includes Dardenne Prairie, said he was looking into the feasibility of introducing legislation to tighten restrictions against online harassment and fraud.

In seventh grade, Megan Meier had tried desperately to join the popular crowd at Fort Zumwalt West Middle School, only to be teased about her weight, her mother said. At the beginning of eighth grade last year, she transferred to Immaculate Conception, a nearby Catholic school. Within three months, Ms. Meier said, her daughter had a new group of friends, lost 20 pounds and joined the volleyball team.

At one time, Lori Drew’s daughter and Megan had been “joined at the hip,” said Megan’s great-aunt Vicki Dunn. But the two drifted apart, and when Megan changed schools she told the other girl that she no longer wanted to be friends, Ms. Meier said.

In a report filed with the Sheriff’s Department, Lori Drew said she created the MySpace profile of “Josh Evans” to win Megan’s trust and learn how Megan felt about her daughter. Reached at home, Lori’s husband, Curt Drew, said only that the family had no comment.

Because Ms. Drew had taken Megan on family vacations, she knew the girl had been prescribed antidepression medication, Ms. Meier said. She also knew that Megan had a MySpace page.

Ms. Drew had told a girl across the street about the hoax, said the girl’s mother, who requested anonymity to protect her daughter, a minor.

“Lori laughed about it,” the mother said, adding that Ms. Drew and Ms. Drew’s daughter “said they were going to mess with Megan.”

After a month of innocent flirtation between Megan and Josh, Ms. Meier said, Megan suddenly received a message from him saying, “I don’t like the way you treat your friends, and I don’t know if I want to be friends with you.”

They argued online. The next day other youngsters who had linked to Josh’s MySpace profile joined the increasingly bitter exchange and began sending profanity-laden messages to Megan, who retreated to her bedroom. No more than 15 minutes had passed, Ms. Meier recalled, when she suddenly felt something was terribly wrong. She rushed to the bedroom and found her daughter’s body hanging in the closet.

As paramedics worked to revive Megan, the neighbor who insisted on anonymity said, Lori Drew called the neighbor’s daughter and told her to “keep her mouth shut” about the MySpace page.

Six weeks later, at a meeting with the Meiers, mediated by grief counselors, the neighbor told them that “Josh” was a hoax. The Drews were not present.

“I just sat there in shock,” Mr. Meier said.

Shortly before Megan’s death, the Meiers had agreed to store a foosball table the Drews had bought as a Christmas surprise for their children. When the Meiers learned about the MySpace hoax, they attacked the table with a sledgehammer and an ax, Ms. Meier said, and threw the pieces onto the Drews’ driveway.

“I felt like such a fool,” Mr. Meier said. “I’m supposed to protect my family, and here I allowed these people to inject themselves into our lives.”

The police learned about the hoax when Ms. Drew filed a complaint about the damage to the foosball table. In the report, she stated that she felt the hoax “contributed to Megan’s suicide, but she did not feel ‘as guilty’ because at the funeral she found out Megan had tried to commit suicide before.”

Megan had mentioned suicide several times, her mother said, but had never attempted it, and no one who knew her, including her doctors, felt she was suicidal.

On the advice of F.B.I. agents who did not want the Drews to learn of their investigation of the hoax, Ms. Meier said, her family said nothing publicly about the case for a year. Today, the Meier and the Drew families continue to live four houses from one another on a winding suburban street.

“There are no words to explain my rage,” Ms. Meier said. “These people were supposed to be our friends.”

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-30-2007, 01:08 PM
That's a horrible story. That's one of those situations where if the law isn't going to step in then it's time to go old school.

If this were my daughter:

Shortly before Megan’s death, the Meiers had agreed to store a foosball table the Drews had bought as a Christmas surprise for their children. When the Meiers learned about the MySpace hoax, they attacked Lori Drew with a sledgehammer and an ax, Ms. Meier said, and threw her pieces onto the Drews’ driveway. They kept the foosball table.

thispego
11-30-2007, 01:16 PM
i read this a couple weeks back and wanted to start a thread over it, but i was too pissed and i knew what the general opinion would be. Just too fuvked up, how immature and disgusting of that family and especially the 47 year old mother.

this is the part that stood out to me :depressed

Shortly before Megan’s death, the Meiers had agreed to store a foosball table the Drews had bought as a Christmas surprise for their children. When the Meiers learned about the MySpace hoax, they attacked the table with a sledgehammer and an ax, Ms. Meier said, and threw the pieces onto the Drews’ driveway:

thispego
11-30-2007, 01:16 PM
oh shit, ummm, jinx

Extra Stout
11-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Three years from now, when the Drews turn up dead in their home, the police will call it a "random burglary."

LuvBones
11-30-2007, 01:19 PM
I would imagine if i had a daughter I couldn't stay living close to that woman. I would have killed her myself.

mrsmaalox
11-30-2007, 01:19 PM
Sociopath

JoeChalupa
11-30-2007, 01:21 PM
I just don't understand some people.

LuvBones
11-30-2007, 01:23 PM
That woman preyed on a CHILD who was taking antidepressants... just because it was over the internet it's ok??

BacktoBasics
11-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Its not even up for debate. I'd kill her. I wouldn't even think twice about it.

atxrocker
11-30-2007, 01:52 PM

Spurminator
11-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Man, those poor Drews, they are NEVER going to live this one down...

CuckingFunt
11-30-2007, 02:03 PM
That's just horrible.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-30-2007, 02:04 PM
fucked up... but in reality, no laws were broken. If you think about it, if being an irresponsible, immature, mean spirited bitch was a punishable crime, half the internet world would be in prison. Tragic, and I'm sure that Drew bitch is going to get what's coming to her.

Extra Stout
11-30-2007, 02:06 PM
fucked up... but in reality, no laws were broken. If you think about it, if being an irresponsible, immature, mean spirited bitch is not a punishable crime. Tragic, and I'm sure the that Drew bitch is going to get what's coming to her.
The reason no laws were broken is because no one had thought of passing a law against it. That will change.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-30-2007, 02:14 PM
The reason no laws were broken is because no one had thought of passing a law against it. That will change.how? will they make being mean spirited towards a depressed girl a crime? Sorry, I don't see that happening

Extra Stout
11-30-2007, 02:16 PM
how? will they make being mean spirited towards a depressed girl a crime? Sorry, I don't see that happening

In response to the events, the local Board of Aldermen on Wednesday unanimously passed a measure making Internet harassment a misdemeanor punishable by up to a $500 fine and 90 days in jail.

ploto
11-30-2007, 02:18 PM
I had someone on a different message board send me messages like that. Seriously, he posts here now sometimes.

BacktoBasics
11-30-2007, 02:25 PM
how? will they make being mean spirited towards a depressed girl a crime? Sorry, I don't see that happeningI think there is a difference between me telling you on this forum to fuck off and go off yourself and a woman that premeditated a deception designed to target a girl she knew had a medical condition that could be exploited for her jollies. I would actually consider what she did a form of child abuse.

I guess the real problem is that we live in a society that time and time again refuses to take each act individually and tend to it accordingly. Every fucking thing just has to be so god damned black and white for people. For fucks sake their is a gray area in every day life than needs to be addressed. This women mentally manipulated a minor and ultimately knowingly pushed her most sensitive buttons. Its not simply being mean spirited its criminal and its mental abuse as well as child abuse.

Mean spirited is me telling you what a complete fucking dumbass you are for having the inability to see the difference between the two.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-30-2007, 02:38 PM
I wonder if Lori Drew is a good tipper.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-30-2007, 02:39 PM
My bad Extra, I guess they did. Although 90 days in jail.

I figured if the managed to come up with a law against it, it couldn't be severe enough to do squat... guess I was on the right track

MaNuMaNiAc
11-30-2007, 02:43 PM
Mean spirited is me telling you what a complete fucking dumbass you are for having the inability to see the difference between the two.
Yeah, because I'm the only one right?

P.S. Go fuck yourself you condescending prick

desflood
11-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Don't worry. Karma will soon bring swift and horrible punishment.

samikeyp
11-30-2007, 03:16 PM
I saw this on the Today show a couple of weeks back. They had the parents of the girl who died...this whole thing is wayyyyy messed up.

MoSpur
11-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Wow. That is a crazy story. I feel bad for that girl and her family.

easjer
11-30-2007, 04:02 PM
We had a long debate about this on my private board of friends.

The conclusions we reached are that:

-13 year olds do not need a MySpace (or any social networking) page.

-Megan's parents thought they did everything right in monitoring her computer time and where she was spending her time on line and with who, but in hindsight there may be more that could have been done. That is not to try and blame the parents, just point out that before this, none of us had ever considered some of these issues and would because of this incident, do even more in terms of monitoring our children online.

-Several of us have had people close to us in our lives that have suffered from depression and attempted suicide - and as much as we would like to blame other people (including ourselves), ultimately suicide is a choice the person makes for themselvs. Lori Drew may have precipitated the decline and enhanced the depression, but she was only marginally responsible for Megan's suicide.

-Lori Drew is a predator, and her behavior was predatory. It may not have been sexual, but she deliberately set out to stalk and harass a 13 year old girl because she was no longer friends with her daughter. Inexcusable.

-While Lori Drew cannot be directly blamed for Megan's suicide, the fact that an adult would behave in this way was horrifying to several of us. As if 13 isn't hard enough for young girls with depression and self esteem issues (several of us talked about middle school as among the worst years of our lives - I was one who remembered the horror of finding out that my 'boyfriend' was only 'dating' me on a very public dare and had to deal with that humiliation), this woman had no business making it worse for someone she knew to already be suffering from depression.

-The fact that Megan had such severe depression means it is fully possible that a similar instance might have occured with classmates or rejection in the future. This does not mean that Lori Drew bears no responsibility.

-The quote above, that Lori Drew felt sort of guilty until she heard at the funeral that Megan had attempted suicide before? Makes me want to beat her face in with a shovel. That doesn't excuse her horrendous behavior; it actually makes it more horrifying. Dumb bitch.

BacktoBasics
11-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Yeah, because I'm the only one right?

P.S. Go fuck yourself you condescending prickCalm down sweetheart I was only trying to illustrate a point.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-30-2007, 04:19 PM
There is no doubt that Lori Drew is a predator. She coerced a thirteen year old girl to perform an irrational act by pretending to be someone she wasn't. Then she tried to cover it up.

If suicide is considered murdering yourself then this woman assisted in the murder and should be held accountable.

I can definitely see how the laws should be changed to prosecute this sort of predator.

thispego
11-30-2007, 04:28 PM
I was one who remembered the horror of finding out that my 'boyfriend' was only 'dating' me on a very public dare and had to deal with that humiliation.
:dizzy harsh!!!

BacktoBasics
11-30-2007, 04:32 PM
There is no doubt that Lori Drew is a predator. She coerced a thirteen year old girl to perform an irrational act by pretending to be someone she wasn't. Then she tried to cover it up.

If suicide is considered murdering yourself then this woman assisted in the murder and should be held accountable.

I can definitely see how the laws should be changed to prosecute this sort of predator.I don't totally think the laws themselves should be changed. We simply need to get away from this Black & White by the law definative way we all live. People actually have to stop and look at each situation instead of consulting "the book" and reciting some bullshit line that jives with the law. I'm pretty fucking sick and tired of people feeling the need to have absolutes to function. Its crippling.

Mixability
11-30-2007, 04:36 PM
my 'boyfriend' was only 'dating' me on a very public dare and had to deal with that humiliation)

:wtf

thispego
11-30-2007, 04:38 PM
I don't totally think the laws themselves should be changed. We simply need to get away from this Black & White by the law definative way we all live. People actually have to stop and look at each situation instead of consulting "the book" and reciting some bullshit line that jives with the law. I'm pretty fucking sick and tired of people feeling the need to have absolutes to function. Its crippling.
ex post facto bullshit. you can committ any heinous act you want as long as there isnt a law against it yet

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-30-2007, 04:39 PM
I don't totally think the laws themselves should be changed. We simply need to get away from this Black & White by the law definative way we all live. People actually have to stop and look at each situation instead of consulting "the book" and reciting some bullshit line that jives with the law. I'm pretty fucking sick and tired of people feeling the need to have absolutes to function. Its crippling.

That makes sense to me. Unfortunately we live in a world where too many people try to use any possible loophole available to be held blameless. I don't know how the justice system will ever change here...as screwed up as it is.

This again reverts me back to thinking old school and a guilt-free reckoning for Mrs. Drew.

BacktoBasics
11-30-2007, 04:45 PM
That makes sense to me. Unfortunately we live in a world where too many people try to use any possible loophole available to be held blameless. I don't know how the justice system will ever change here...as screwed up as it is.

This again reverts me back to thinking old school and a guilt-free reckoning for Mrs. Drew.The solution to the problem is that we need about 6 or 7 of us here working around the clock solving all the worlds problems. Clearly the people we appoint to run and govern are world simply live within the predetermined box we've created and refuse to invest the time needed to properly judge and execute the real daily issues we're all faced with, fuck that would actually take time and thought vs. simply using the web for all our answers.

Magic_Johnson
11-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Today, the Meier and the Drew families continue to live four houses from one another on a winding suburban street.

I don't know how they do to live near that woman.
It must be so hard to deal with their loss when they see her like everyday

easjer
11-30-2007, 04:48 PM
:wtf

:lol

It was seventh grade. So first, no one really dated. People 'went out' with each other, which mostly consisted of eating lunch together, holding hands in between classes, going to dances with each other, talking on the phone, and so on.

When my 'boyfriend' of 3 months broke up with me, in front of the cafeteria, I found out what nearly everyone else knew - that he only asked me 'out' on a dare.

It was pretty humiliating at the time.

As my friends and I were discussing Megan's case, several of us had similar incidents in middle school. And many of us who suffer from depression trace it back to really surfacing around that time of life, and remember how horrible those events were and how awful it felt and how it seemed like it would never be ok again and never be better. We weren't surprised that Megan, who had a history of depression and a previous suicide attempt, wanted to kill herself.

Because we remember those experiences, we felt even worse about the fact that a grown woman was behind this hoax. Kids are cruel enough on their own. An adult DOES know better. She hid behind the internet as if that made her stalking and harrassment somehow justifiable, and it cannot be exucsed ever.

My friends and I were talking about how hard it was to protect your kids when it's just other kids, but how are you supposed to protect them when it's adults that are bullying them as well?

And it makes me hope really hard that I have good communication with my kids, so that if they end up like me or Megan, that they choose to talk to me rather than choosing suicide. I hope I can let them know I lived through everything, no matter how awful it seemed at the time.

Fat Bones
11-30-2007, 07:24 PM
I'd burn their house down.

Promise.

Jekka
11-30-2007, 08:33 PM
We had a long debate about this on my private board of friends.

The conclusions we reached are that:

-13 year olds do not need a MySpace (or any social networking) page.

-Megan's parents thought they did everything right in monitoring her computer time and where she was spending her time on line and with who, but in hindsight there may be more that could have been done. That is not to try and blame the parents, just point out that before this, none of us had ever considered some of these issues and would because of this incident, do even more in terms of monitoring our children online.
While I agree that 13yo kids do not need a Myspace page, good fucking luck trying to enforce that. I work in a public library right by a middle school, and at 330 every fucking school afternoon, here come the kids to sign in for a public internet accessible computer. We have no control over what they look at or do aside from kicking them out if we catch them looking at porn (although we do that enough with adults, too - this job is making me pretty damn jaded) - we cannot monitor what all of them are doing, and we can't block Myspace because older members of the public want to use it, too.

Now, parents can minimize the risk of their kids getting a Myspace account if they A) Block it on their home computers and know more about their PCs than their kids to ensure that it's staying blocked B) Ensure that all of their friends' parents do the same C) Check to see if the schools are actually doing a decent job of blocking it, and D) Picking your kids up after school so they don't loaf around the library requiring babysitting by library employees (not that I resent my place of work becoming a day care center for kids that don't even fucking pick up a book when they're there, no no - and yes, I realize that not everyone can pick up their kids right after school, so no lectures on that necessary).

I know that the above list is pretty much impossible to abide by strictly, but it's worth it to do everything you can because of cases like this one, and all of the ones that don't result in fatalities or the odd kidnapping, but do result in sexual assaults that kids or their parents try to cover up, or cyber-bullying that causes self-esteem issues and aggression.

pseudofan
11-30-2007, 09:03 PM
I live only one way.......

Anyone that messes with my kids will die. Sorry.

I don't know any other way. That's why I tell my kids to be careful who they are hanging out with. I make sure they understand that they will not have a mother around for a very long time if they're "friends" or some other fuckhead messes with them. I'm pretty sure they know me well enough to know that I am in no way shape or form just kidding around or trying to be a badass. I'm 100 percent serious.

That is my biggest fear in life. Aside from losing one of my kids, my fear is how I lose them. Illness would be horrible. But I'm extremely afraid of what I will become if I feel they were taken from me senselessly by the fault of someone else. It's an ugly feeling.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Calm down sweetheart I was only trying to illustrate a point.
so was I. My point was, I don't take too well at being called a dumbass for no apparent fucking reason. So don't insult me, and I'll calm down, ok jackass?

v2freak
12-01-2007, 01:10 AM
I wonder why, when she moved, she no longer wanted to be friends? It always sucks when you drift apart like that

ploto
12-01-2007, 02:13 AM
While I agree that 13yo kids do not need a Myspace page, good fucking luck trying to enforce that. I work in a public library right by a middle school, and at 330 every fucking school afternoon, here come the kids to sign in for a public internet accessible computer. We have no control over what they look at or do aside from kicking them out if we catch them looking at porn (although we do that enough with adults, too - this job is making me pretty damn jaded) - we cannot monitor what all of them are doing, and we can't block Myspace because older members of the public want to use it, too.

Picking your kids up after school so they don't loaf around the library requiring babysitting by library employees (not that I resent my place of work becoming a day care center for kids that don't even fucking pick up a book when they're there, no no - and yes, I realize that not everyone can pick up their kids right after school, so no lectures on that necessary).
Just an FYI

In 2006, the House passed the Deleting Online Predators Act which would require that schools and libraries that receive their discounted online access be required to block all sites such as myspace from minors. The Bill passed the House but was never voted on by the Senate. It was then introduced into the Senate in 2007 as part of the Protecting Children in the 2st Century Act. It was referred to committee and reworked and reintroduced, but I do not think a vote has been taken on it yet.

Beno Udrih
12-01-2007, 02:19 AM

I can definitely see how the laws should be changed to prosecute this sort of predator.
:tu

ploto
12-01-2007, 02:25 AM
Hi :)

Beno Udrih
12-01-2007, 02:37 AM
Hi :)
Hello :)

Slomo
12-01-2007, 04:31 AM
Now, parents can minimize the risk of their kids getting a Myspace account if they A) Block it on their home computers and know more about their PCs than their kids to ensure that it's staying blocked B) Ensure that all of their friends' parents do the same C) Check to see if the schools are actually doing a decent job of blocking it, and D) Picking your kids up after school so they don't loaf around the library requiring babysitting by library employees (not that I resent my place of work becoming a day care center for kids that don't even fucking pick up a book when they're there, no no - and yes, I realize that not everyone can pick up their kids right after school, so no lectures on that necessary).

I know that the above list is pretty much impossible to abide by strictly, but it's worth it to do everything you can because of cases like this one, and all of the ones that don't result in fatalities or the odd kidnapping, but do result in sexual assaults that kids or their parents try to cover up, or cyber-bullying that causes self-esteem issues and aggression.I'd like to add from speaking to other parents about this, that most don't take the internet danger seriously enough. In many adults mind it's just not real - unfortunately it's very real for the kids.
I am regularly the only parent at school meeting busting their chops about making children's info public on the school website - I rarely get any support from the other parents or teachers. When I discussed it further with some teachers it turns out they don't really understand what you can do with this kind of info. I've been succesful so far, but I'm angry that I even have to argue these things.

I live only one way.......

Anyone that messes with my kids will die. Sorry.:tu

On a more personal note I'd like to thank you for not including Sequ in that rule of yours - I'd be dead by now if you did :p:

Shaolin-Style
12-01-2007, 07:07 AM
Lets go burn her house down?

Ah screw it, shes probably got good insurance. The evil hag.

BacktoBasics
12-01-2007, 09:33 AM
so was I. My point was, I don't take too well at being called a dumbass for no apparent fucking reason. So don't insult me, and I'll calm down, ok jackass?
The insult wasn't meant to specifically address you. It was a line used to make a point, you were just part of the example. I wasn't hurling insults at you directly, you were simply a by-product of my point because the conversation was initially with you. So again make no mistake about it, I was demonstrating something using you as an example. So you can stop being insulted and stop calling me names, ok.

ploto
12-01-2007, 12:29 PM
I'd like to add from speaking to other parents about this, that most don't take the internet danger seriously enough. In many adults mind it's just not real - unfortunately it's very real for the kids.

I am regularly the only parent at school meeting busting their chops about making children's info public on the school website - I rarely get any support from the other parents or teachers. When I discussed it further with some teachers it turns out they don't really understand what you can do with this kind of info. I've been succesful so far, but I'm angry that I even have to argue these things.
Before this school year started, the principal at my son's school talked to the parents about myspace. He said that he of course can not prevent the students from having personal pages on there, but he told parents to monitor what their kids are doing there and that the school requires that no pictures be posted of the students at the school or in their school uniforms... I was amazed at the number of parents who had never even heard of myspace- and this is a private high school!! I also tried to talk to people about it at the middle school before and parents did not get it. Their kids taked about where they go to school and what activities they are in- online- and this just gives predators info about where to find them.

bdictjames
12-01-2007, 12:32 PM
That's just sad. Adolescents should be taught to be not that sensitive to the Internet.

thispego
12-01-2007, 12:46 PM
That's just sad. Adolescents should be taught to be not that sensitive to the Internet.
it wasnt the internet that she was sensitive too. it was what she thought was mutual feelings between her and a boy. you cant teach adolescents not to be emotional sacks of hormones. What a stupid suggestion by you.

bdictjames
12-01-2007, 02:34 PM
it wasnt the internet that she was sensitive too. it was what she thought was mutual feelings between her and a boy. you cant teach adolescents not to be emotional sacks of hormones. What a stupid suggestion by you.
Yeha you can, they just dont teach it in schools.

And I just realized, wtf is a 13-year old girl finding a relationship on myspace? I thought it was just a last resort for older people..

johnsmith.
12-01-2007, 02:36 PM
My mother has a MySpace page and she is only 21 years old.

bdictjames
12-01-2007, 02:39 PM
My mother has a MySpace page and she is only 21 years old.
And I guess she was impregnated at 9. :rolleyes

thispego
12-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Yeha you can, they just dont teach it in schools.

And I just realized, wtf is a 13-year old girl finding a relationship on myspace? I thought it was just a last resort for older people..
it sounds like you are saying it's the girls fault for being too sensitive, or her parents fault for not teaching her to not be so sensitive.

bdictjames
12-01-2007, 02:53 PM
it sounds like you are saying it's the girls fault for being too sensitive, or her parents fault for not teaching her to not be so sensitive.
Both. Parents should have taught her to be careful of the Internet esp. in myspace sites. The girl should have plain out known better than to commit suicide.

Melmart1
12-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Both. Parents should have taught her to be careful of the Internet esp. in myspace sites. The girl should have plain out known better than to commit suicide.
I wish I saw all things as cut and dry as you do.

bdictjames
12-01-2007, 03:01 PM
I wish I saw all things as cut and dry as you do.
Stop, you're embarassing yourself.

thispego
12-01-2007, 03:05 PM
yes her parents are partly to blame for mot moitoring her internet use and letting her have a msyapce. the little girl is at fault for breaking the age rules on myspace, i think it said that in the article.

but it would have just been another kid using myspace until that evil bitch manipulated her and hurt her right where any little girl her age would be vulnerable.

BacktoBasics
12-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Both. Parents should have taught her to be careful of the Internet esp. in myspace sites. The girl should have plain out known better than to commit suicide.Does't get more ignorant than that.

bdictjames
12-01-2007, 03:08 PM
yes her parents are partly to blame for mot moitoring her internet use and letting her have a msyapce. the little girl is at fault for breaking the age rules on myspace, i think it said that in the article.

but it would have just been another kid using myspace until that evil bitch manipulated her and hurt her right where any little girl her age would be vulnerable.
Agreed. I thought myspace was ok for 13-year old and up?

Cant blame the "evil bitch" either, if she knew it would hurt this girl's feelings she wouldn't have done it. Well all is done.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2007, 03:10 PM
That's just it, her parents were monitoring her use.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2007, 03:12 PM
Cant blame the "evil bitch" either, if she knew it would hurt this girl's feelings she wouldn't have done it. Well all is done.

Wait, what?

So what possible reason was there for the mother (an adult, mind you), to create a fake teenage boy's MySpace page and pretend to be interested in this young girl and later turn the tables and insult her?

(This oughta be good.)

bdictjames
12-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Wait, what?

So what possible reason was there for the mother (an adult, mind you), to create a fake teenage boy's MySpace page and pretend to be interested in this young girl and later turn the tables and insult her?

(This oughta be good.)
She could've just been playing around with myspace with nothing to do.

People say stuff on the Internet that they couldn't say at real life.

So I think she is somehow to be blamed, but the bigger blame should be with the girl and her elders.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2007, 03:19 PM
But who plays around by telling a 13-year-old girl that they find them attractive, funny, smart for weeks and then turns on them by saying the "world would be better without you"?

Playing around?

Really?

I hope nobody ever plays with your teenage daughter's emotions like that.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2007, 03:20 PM
I've seen a ton of idiotic shit on SpursTalk before, but I can't help think bdictjames' comments are a quick contender for the Top 5.

Melmart1
12-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Stop, you're embarassing yourself.
:lol I hardly think I am the one embarassing themself here.

bdictjames
12-01-2007, 03:22 PM
But who plays around by telling a 13-year-old girl that they find them attractive, funny, smart for weeks and then turns on them by saying the "world would be better without you"?

Playing around?

Really?

I hope nobody ever plays with your teenage daughter's emotions like that.
I sure hope so too. Just like we say in my country, regrets come in last.

The world is full of sick people. Like internet pedophiles, that's why parents should teach their kids the dangers of myspace and hi5 and that shoot.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
12-01-2007, 03:24 PM
http://jezebel.com/assets/resources/2007/11/megan.jpg

This is the little girl we are talking about. Such a shame.

That fat cunt mother will get what's coming to her. I'd start with a cunt punch and go from there...

CuckingFunt
I've seen a ton of idiotic shit on SpursTalk before, but I can't help think bdictjames' comments are a quick contender for the Top 5. This one pretty much seals it:

bdictjames
:lol I hardly think I am the one embarassing themself here.

Bad start for me at the Club section here in spurstalk. Im just expressing my opinions.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2007, 03:25 PM
HAHAHAHAHA.... look at the funny joke.

In a report filed with the Sheriff’s Department, Lori Drew said she created the MySpace profile of “Josh Evans” to win Megan’s trust and learn how Megan felt about her daughter. Reached at home, Lori’s husband, Curt Drew, said only that the family had no comment.

Because Ms. Drew had taken Megan on family vacations, she knew the girl had been prescribed antidepression medication, Ms. Meier said. She also knew that Megan had a MySpace page.

Ms. Drew had told a girl across the street about the hoax, said the girl’s mother, who requested anonymity to protect her daughter, a minor.

“Lori laughed about it,” the mother said, adding that Ms. Drew and Ms. Drew’s daughter “said they were going to mess with Megan.”

12-01-2007, 03:25 PM

Sure I can...and will.

thispego
12-01-2007, 03:26 PM

:lmao :lmao

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2007, 03:27 PM

Bad start for me at the Club section here in spurstalk. Im just expressing my opinions.

Claiming simple expression of your opinions does not absolve you from absolute ridicule for their stupidity.

CuckingFunt
12-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Im just expressing my opinions.

And others are merely expressing the opinion that you're an idiot.

bdictjames
12-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Claiming simple expression of your opinions does not absolve you from absolute ridicule for their stupidity.
Ok, you guys can make fun all you want, but this is what I think and I stand by it.

But looking at that last quote, I probably could have wronged my judgment a little. But I still think majority of the blame should be with the adolescent.

bdictjames
12-01-2007, 03:29 PM
And others are merely expressing the opinion that you're an idiot.
This is from a lady whose name is that.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2007, 03:31 PM
But I still think majority of the blame should be with the adolescent.

..."said they were going to mess with Megan."

Please, just stop now.

12-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Ok, you guys can make fun all you want, but this is what I think and I stand by it.

But looking at that last quote, I probably could have wronged my judgment a little. But I still think majority of the blame should be with the adolescent.

Blaming the 13 year old? Not the the cunt who instigated and shaped the situation?

Dude, just stop. I'm thinking you may be slightly retarded.

CuckingFunt
12-01-2007, 03:33 PM
This is from a lady whose name is that.My name isn't CuckingFunt. My screenname on a specific message board is CuckingFunt.

You should know better than to take anything said here so seriously.

SRJ
12-01-2007, 03:34 PM
We can make an ex post facto exception for a sick bitch like this, IMO.

Extra Stout
12-01-2007, 03:53 PM

What I think is that your understanding of ethics is irretrievably flawed, and I stand by it.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-01-2007, 04:04 PM
The insult wasn't meant to specifically address you. It was a line used to make a point, you were just part of the example. I wasn't hurling insults at you directly, you were simply a by-product of my point because the conversation was initially with you. So again make no mistake about it, I was demonstrating something using you as an example. So you can stop being insulted and stop calling me names, ok.
just shut the fuck up already. You're not fooling anyone. Next time, keep me out of your idiot examples alright :rolleyes

mrsmaalox
12-01-2007, 04:11 PM

My god, What planet are you from?! No HUMAN BEING could possibly be this clueless! If you are a TROLL (you certainly can't be for real) go back to your own board!!!

easjer
12-01-2007, 04:12 PM
bdictjames - there a couple of things you missed. One has been pointed out to you already - that it was planned, that the woman knew of Megan's mental illnesses, and that she enjoyed doing it.

You may have missed where she created an entire fake profile and that this 'relationship' went on for SIX WEEKS. It wasn't an adult messing around on myspace. It was a planned predatory stalking and harrassment. It was an adult preying on a young girl with a history of mental illness that she was aware of, convincing her that a boy liked her for a long period of time, and then turning on her and inciting other people to do the same.

Bad enough if Megan didn't have the history of depression, or if she did and Lori Drew didn't know it. Unthinkable that she did and Lori Drew knew and PREYED on it.

And while I don't hold other people responsible for someone taking their own life - as someone who has had the two people I love most in the world attempt suicide because of their overwhelming depression, your ignorance and assumptions are wrong and disgusting. Thank God for me (and the people I love) that they were unable to go through with it to the end or were found in time to save them - Megan did not have that same luck.

Please keep your ignorant opinions to yourself.

12-01-2007, 04:14 PM
I guess I was dead on with the fat cunt observation, Lori Drew on the left:

http://www.divshare.com/img/2849285-0d1.jpg

Get this: The Drews are pressing charges for destruction of property against the Meiers for destroying the foosball table. And they had the audacity to have the Meiers over their house on several occasions before they were outed as having a hand in Megan's death.

thispego
12-01-2007, 04:18 PM
bdictjames also thinks that babies are miniature adults

BacktoBasics
12-01-2007, 04:31 PM

Get this: The Drews are pressing charges for destruction of property against the Meiers for destroying the foosball table. And they had the audacity to have the Meiers over their house on several occasions before they were outed as having a hand in Megan's death.

Just seeing her god damned face infuriates me. For her to be able to look herself in the mirror and think she did nothing wrong is fucking insane. Even worse is that no one of any authority is willing to hold her accountable. How can her husband still stand by her?

bdictjames
12-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Ok Im wrong.

The woman is a bitch and is to be blamed for the majority of the situation.

You guys happy now? Jeez

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Ok Im wrong.

The woman is a bitch and is to be blamed for the majority of the situation.

You guys happy now? Jeez

Nope. I'm still upset there are idiots like you around.

bdictjames
12-01-2007, 04:57 PM
I thought the Internet is a free country? Honestly I wasn't trolling, I was just expressing what I felt at the moment. But reading significant amounts of evidence, my mind is changed.

12-01-2007, 04:58 PM

http://meganhaditcoming.blogspot.com/

My faith in humanity is waning.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2007, 05:06 PM
I thought the Internet is a free country? Honestly I wasn't trolling, I was just expressing what I felt at the moment. But reading significant amounts of evidence, my mind is changed.

I fail to see where I've forced you to remain silent, but that doesn't prevent me from calling you an idiot for failing to do so.

bdictjames
12-01-2007, 05:08 PM
I fail to see where I've forced you to remain silent, but that doesn't prevent me from calling you an idiot for failing to do so.
You shouldn't be so egoistic. I learned in psychology class that normal people stop being egoistic when they're through with their preschool years. You should be pretty special.

bdictjames
12-01-2007, 05:08 PM

My faith in humanity is waning.
You have to admit, those are some pretty valid points. :hat

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2007, 05:09 PM
You shouldn't be so egoistic. I learned in psychology class that normal people stop being egoistic when they're through with their preschool years. You should be pretty special.

It's a good thing I'm not a teenager or that comment might make me depressed. Then it would be my fault.

bdictjames
12-01-2007, 05:10 PM
It's a good thing I'm not a teenager or that comment might make me depressed. Then it would be my fault.
Of course. Believing everything in the Internet is for idiots.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2007, 05:13 PM
So since you learned a lot in Psych class, what would you say about an adult who preys on the psyche or a depressed teenager?

Well, I guess we really can't call it preying since it'd be the teenager's fault.

easjer
12-01-2007, 06:05 PM
That blog made me sick to my stomach and brought back a lot of painful memories. I would never be 13 again, not for all the money in the world.

12-01-2007, 06:12 PM
That blog looks like the work of an adult, not a 13 year old.

CuckingFunt
12-01-2007, 06:18 PM

My faith in humanity is waning.Wow.

I'm just... speechless.

hibachi
12-01-2007, 06:53 PM
..."said they were going to mess with Megan."

Please, just stop now.

I know you have got other internet posters on your side but you are not as right as you think you are. I am not saying there is no give and take though.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2007, 07:40 PM
I know you have got other internet posters on your side but you are not as right as you think you are. I am not saying there is no give and take though.

You probably should have just stayed with your original username.

hibachi
12-01-2007, 07:47 PM
You probably should have just stayed with your original username.

Witty deduction. However did you draw that correct conclusion? I will meet you at a GTG and tell you there. As for now, my regular username might bias your reply.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Witty deduction. However did you draw that correct conclusion? I will meet you at a GTG and tell you there. As for now, my regular username might bias your reply.

I don't really care who you are. Make an argument if you're going to make one.

Fact is, you created a new name because of whatever connection we've apparently had in the past. I don't NEED to be right here. Make an argument and sway me if you're so inclined. Or don't.

I don't really care one way or the other.

hibachi
12-01-2007, 07:54 PM
I don't really care who you are. Make an argument if you're going to make one.

Fact is, you created a new name because of whatever connection we've apparently had in the past. I don't NEED to be right here. Make an argument and sway me if you're so inclined. Or don't.

I don't really care one way or the other.

My argument is unless you can prove 100% that the lady with no morals knew she would cause the tragic result, how can you put all the blame on her? Shouldn't a proportional amount of blame go to the one who actually did the harm?

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2007, 07:54 PM
So I guess, yeah, you should have stayed with your original username.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2007, 07:58 PM
My argument is unless you can prove 100% that the lady with no morals knew she would cause the tragic result, how can you put all the blame on her? Shouldn't a proportional amount of blame go to the one who actually did the harm?

I give her the no morals label because she blatantly admitted she wanted to screw with a teenager.

SCREW WITH A TEENAGER. An adult who went all out for SIX weeks to SCREW WITH A TEENAGER.

Who in their right mind does that?

I'm sure she didn't want the girl to commit suicide, but her actions produced those results. I'm sure the three guys indicted in the homicide of Sean Taylor didn't want to kill him, but their actions produced those results.

The mom knew the girl had a history of mental illness and acted as a predator to a weaker prey. Two humans, one adult and one child, in that scenario.

Yes, she's fucked up.

hibachi
12-01-2007, 08:08 PM
I give her the no morals label because she blatantly admitted she wanted to screw with a teenager.

SCREW WITH A TEENAGER. An adult who went all out for SIX weeks to SCREW WITH A TEENAGER.

Who in their right mind does that?

I'm sure she didn't want the girl to commit suicide, but her actions produced those results. I'm sure the three guys indicted in the homicide of Sean Taylor didn't want to kill him, but their actions produced those results.

The mom knew the girl had a history of mental illness and acted as a predator to a weaker prey. Two humans, one adult and one child, in that scenario.

Yes, she's fucked up.

I agree and disagree with you. First of all the lady has 0 morals and is a terrible person. However, your analogy to the gunmen in Sean Taylor's case falls short because they actually committed the act. Agreed, what she did was horrible, but unless you can show me that she knew for a fact the girl would do this because of her irreparable behavior, then you have to apportion the blame.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2007, 08:10 PM
In the report, she stated that she felt the hoax “contributed to Megan’s suicide, but she did not feel ‘as guilty’ because at the funeral she found out Megan had tried to commit suicide before.”

LuvBones
12-01-2007, 08:12 PM
How much percentage-wise would you say this little girl deserves the blame?

hibachi
12-01-2007, 08:14 PM
By quoting that, I think you are agreeing with me. No?

hibachi
12-01-2007, 08:18 PM
How much percentage-wise would you say this little girl deserves the blame?

I would rather not speculate on numbers. My intention was not to defend the big woman on the left. I only wanted to show that one users opinion didn't deserve the backlash it received.

LuvBones
12-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Oh wait..
But I still think majority of the blame should be with the adolescent.

Majority, dang! You're insane dude.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2007, 08:22 PM
By quoting that, I think you are agreeing with me. No?

No, I'm not agreeing with you.

The fact that she felt guilty before she knew there was a previous attempt means she had the knowledge that something like suicide could happen, yet failed to control her own petty emotions for the sake of a teenager with a mental illness.

LuvBones
12-01-2007, 08:24 PM

Get this: The Drews are pressing charges for destruction of property against the Meiers for destroying the foosball table. And they had the audacity to have the Meiers over their house on several occasions before they were outed as having a hand in Megan's death.This is just unbelievable. The audacity of this woman!! If she actually goes through with the charges and gets money for this... I don't know what is wrong with this world. The judge should flat out slap this lady.

They have this story in People magazine, and when I read about the foosball table I wondered if they would do this but quickly dismissed it thinking "there's no way they'd actually do that". And then I read this. Unbelievable.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2007, 08:25 PM
I only wanted to show that one users opinion didn't deserve the backlash it received.

Good luck with that, whomever you are.

hibachi
12-01-2007, 08:29 PM
No, I'm not agreeing with you.

The fact that she felt guilty before she knew there was a previous attempt means she had the knowledge that something like suicide could happen, yet failed to control her own petty emotions for the sake of a teenager with a mental illness.

Could happen does not equate to being the direct cause, Mr. Blaze. I feel understandable emotions are getting the best of you, but assuming your line of thinking is true, how, in this circumstance or another similar, can you direct all blame to someone who didn't actually cause the harm?

hibachi
12-01-2007, 08:32 PM
Good luck with that, whomever you are.

I thought it was understood I had already accomplished my objective. Even if luck was still needed, your retorts have certainly fallen short of the conviction you had earlier so I already feel my assertion has been validated.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2007, 08:35 PM
What exactly of bdictjames' opinion are you asking me to agree with?

Is it the "can't blame the evil bitch" part?

Or is it the "If she knew it would hurt this girl's feelings" part?

hibachi
12-01-2007, 08:39 PM
What exactly of bdictjames' opinion are you asking me to agree with?

Is it the "can't blame the evil bitch" part?

Or is it the "If she knew it would hurt this girl's feelings" part?

I'm not asking you to agree with the quoted opinions, nor am I endorsing the aforementioned user's stance. I am merely stating all blame cannot be placed on the larger woman in the left of the photo.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2007, 08:39 PM
I thought it was understood I had already accomplished my objective. Even if luck was still needed, your retorts have certainly fallen short of the conviction you had earlier so I already feel my assertion has been validated.

Feel what you wish.

I don't feel I have to re-assert what's already been stated in this thread. My emotions at stupid opinions tend to rescind as I'm continually hit with them until I simply reach a point where I don't care anymore or care to argue about it anymore.

And frankly, you've been polite, so I have, too.

I still wish you would have had the conviction of your opinion (or quest or whatever you're on) to simply stay on your own persona.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2007, 08:41 PM
I'm not asking you to agree with the quoted opinions, nor am I endorsing the aforementioned user's stance. I am merely stating all blame cannot be placed on the larger woman in the left of the photo.

Then state it.

I'm not going to change your opinion, nor bdictjames', nor are you likely to change mine.

You want to know why I'm (apparently) calmer, I'm simply tired of arguing the same fucking thing over and over.

You want my opinion, it's a few pages back.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2007, 08:45 PM
I'll be happy to let the rest of the internets make their own judgments for the time-being.

hibachi
12-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Feel what you wish.

I don't feel I have to re-assert what's already been stated in this thread. My emotions at stupid opinions tend to rescind as I'm continually hit with them until I simply reach a point where I don't care anymore or care to argue about it anymore.

And frankly, you've been polite, so I have, too.

I still wish you would have had the conviction of your opinion (or quest or whatever you're on) to simply stay on your own persona.

I believe common perception on this board would have skewed my otherwise acceptable assertion. I have been branded previously as an idiot. I did not want that taggery to accompany this discussion on a sad issue.

hibachi
12-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Then state it.

I'm not going to change your opinion, nor bdictjames', nor are you likely to change mine.

You want to know why I'm (apparently) calmer, I'm simply tired of arguing the same fucking thing over and over.

You want my opinion, it's a few pages back.

Very well then, Mr. Blaze. While I'm at harmony with your right to a respectable position of thought, your language has dislodged me. Perhaps I should return to my previous screen name. Gilbert is injured after all.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2007, 08:53 PM
I believe common perception on this board would have skewed my otherwise acceptable assertion. I have been branded previously as an idiot. I did not want that taggery to accompany this discussion on a sad issue.

Nevermind.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Very well then, Mr. Blaze. While I'm at harmony with your right to a respectable position of thought, your language has dislodged me. Perhaps I should return to my previous screen name. Gilbert is injured after all.

Funny, I almost bought an Arenas jersey shirt earlier today.

Phenomanul
12-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Truly sad.....

Shelly
12-03-2007, 08:52 PM
http://www.abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=3946124&page=1

No Charges in MySpace Suicide
Prosecutor Says He Will Not File Charges Against Those Accused of Harassing Teen
By SCOTT MICHELS
Dec. 3, 2007—

Prosecutors said they would not file charges against the people who used the Internet to send bullying messages to a 13-year-old Minnesota girl shortly before she killed herself.

Jack Banas, the St. Charles County prosecutor, said no laws were broken in connection with the death of Megan Meier, who hanged herself last year inside her parents' Dardenne Prairie, Minn., home.

Ron and Tina Meier have said their daughter's death was the result of the rapid decline of her online relationship with a person she believed to be a boy named "Josh Evans," who first flattered the self-conscious girl and then taunted her.

"I'm disappointed that there's going to be no prosecution," Tina Meier told ABC News on Monday. "There deserves to be criminal charges here."

In a police report filed last year, the Meiers' neighbor, Lori Drew, said she and an 18-year-old employee created a fake MySpace profile for Josh Evans so she could monitor what Megan Meier was saying about Drew's daughter.

Monday, the prosecutor said in a written statement that the 18-year-old, identified only as Ashley, admitted that she created the fake MySpace account, though the extent of Drew's involvement was disputed. Banas told ABC News that the police report overstated Drew's involvement in the incident.

He said he could not interview Ashley because she was getting psychiatric treatment related to her role in Meier's death, according to a local newspaper report.

Though Banas considered filing charges for harassment, stalking or endangering the welfare of a child, he said it appeared no laws had been broken.

Since the purpose of the fake MySpace page was to find out what Megan was saying about Drew's daughter, Banas could not charge Drew with harassment or stalking, which require proof that the messages were sent with the purpose of frightening, disturbing or harassing.

"The purpose was never to cause her emotional harassment, that we can prove," Banas said.

Megan's parents claim Drew knew that Megan was on medication for depression, which Drew disputes. Even so, Banas said, there would not be enough evidence to charge anyone with child endangerment, which requires proof that the messages sent from "Josh" created a substantial risk to Megan's life or health.

"There's no way anybody could know that talking to someone or saying that you're mean to your friends on the Internet would create a substantial risk," Banas said. "It certainly created a potential risk, and unfortunately for the Meiers, that potential became reality."

Megan, who sometimes suffered from low self-esteem and depression, was elated when she got an e-mail on the social networking site MySpace from a cute boy named "Josh," her parents said. Josh claimed to be a 16-year-old boy who lived nearby. He said he was home-schooled and didn't yet have a phone.

The two developed a virtual friendship that lasted more than a month before things inexplicably took a downward turn. "Megan gets an e-mail, or a message from Josh on her MySpace Oct. 15, 2006, saying, 'I don't know if I want to be friends with you any longer because I hear you're not nice to your friends,'" Tina Meier said on "GMA."

According to Banas, a friend of Drew's daughter had gained access to the MySpace account and sent those messages. The next day, Ashley, posing as Josh, got into an argument with Megan online that ended with Josh saying that the world would be better off without Megan.

Megan hanged herself that day.

Six weeks later, the Meiers learned from a neighbor that Josh Evans never existed.

In an interview with "Good Morning America," the neighbor who first tipped off police about Drew's involvement said that Drew confessed to her that she had played a hoax on Megan.

"She did sit here in my living room and confess everything to me. She told me that they had pulled an image of a boy off the Internet, and that they had created an account using the name of Josh Evans, and she said she knew the last message that left her house that Monday when Megan attempted to take her life was that 'the world would be a better place without you,'" said the neighbor, who asked that her identity not be revealed.

According to Banas, Drew said she was not home when the final exchange between Megan and Josh took place. Ashley told a lawyer for the Meiers that Drew was there, but later recanted in an interview with the FBI, according to Banas.

"Mr. and Mrs. Drew deny that they knew anything about the final message that went out," Banas said.

"I don't think anyone ever dreamed this little girl would react the way she did," he said.

Though Drew will not be charged with a crime, Megan's death attracted an enormous amount of publicity in recent weeks, particularly after Tina and Ron Meier appeared on "Good Morning America" and the "Today" show" last month. The publicity drew public outrage against Drew, and Meier's parents have demanded she be jailed.

Bloggers have posted the Drews' address and phone number online, and people have thrown rocks through their window and left threatening messages, according to local police.

The local town council recently passed a law that would make the type of bullying that took place in Meier's case a misdemeanor, and some state legislators have called for similar changes in state law.

Meier said she would continue to lobby for new laws to address cyberbullying.

"Words absolutely mean more than just hurting somebody's feelings," she said.

Copyright © 2007 ABC News Internet Ventures

mrsmaalox
12-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Wow

Shelly
12-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Lori Drew was behind http://meganhaditcoming.blogspot.com/

And she's putting all the blame on Megan. Unreal.

Shelly
12-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Wow---read the comments. She's commenting back to people and...just wow.

12-04-2007, 03:18 PM
That's awesome. You could tell that that site was done by an adult. I never would have guessed she was behind the site, though.

How stupid can she be?

2Blonde
12-04-2007, 03:18 PM
This morning on the Today Show, Ms. Drew's lawyer said that this girl Ashley, who allegedly created the profile & is now in a psychiatric hospital, was an employee of Ms. Drew.

This whole thing blows my mind. Ms. Drew should be charged with something, even if it's minor so that she could at least be required to attend parenting classes.

Shelly
12-04-2007, 03:28 PM
This woman is the biggest narcissist outside of Betty Broderick. In the comments, she still won't accept any of the blame and can't understand why people won't listen to her.

12-04-2007, 03:31 PM
I can't read anymore of this. There are quite a few comments that are civil and balanced, and Lori will have none of it. She did no wrong.

She still blames Megan for making her do what she did. Unbelievable.

Shelly
12-04-2007, 03:33 PM
I can't read anymore of this. There are quite a few comments that are civil and balanced, and Lori will have none of it. She did no wrong.

She still blames Megan for making her do what she did. Unbelievable.

I was just coming to post the same thing...I had to stop reading. She's blamed everyone but herself.

THE SIXTH MAN
12-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Lori Drew was behind http://meganhaditcoming.blogspot.com/

And she's putting all the blame on Megan. Unreal.
:wtf Is it just me, or does it seem like this Lori Drew person is posting opinions under different names that support her view point and then commenting back on them ??? As if to make it seem like people do support her!!!

Shelly
12-04-2007, 03:36 PM
:wtf Is it just me, or does it seem like this Lori Drew person is posting opinions under a different names that support her view point and then commenting back on them ???

Someone called her out on that--which she ignored.

12-04-2007, 03:37 PM
On second thought, I doubt that's really her.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-04-2007, 03:37 PM
All of you stop.

There's no way Lori Drew could have seen that a child with a mental illness might respond in an irrational way.

katyon6th
12-04-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm sure the blog is the creation of some other sick 47 year old person with nothing to do but stir up things on the internet.

The internet is evil. Damn evil.

katyon6th
12-04-2007, 03:40 PM
All of you stop.

There's no way Lori Drew could have seen that a child with a mental illness might respond in an irrational way.

Seriously. It's not like she can tell the future or anything. Geeeeeez.

THE SIXTH MAN
12-04-2007, 03:40 PM

12-04-2007, 03:41 PM
She was just protecting her little angel from the 13 year old monster next door. Any parent would have done the same thing.

Helicopter Mom gone wrong - summarizes it perfectly, IMO.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-04-2007, 03:41 PM

theInternet
12-04-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm sure the blog is the creation of some other sick 47 year old person with nothing to do but stir up things on the internet.

The internet is not evil, people are evil.

BacktoBasics
12-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Its a shame we don't live near her.

katyon6th
12-04-2007, 03:45 PM
"It wasn't just a friendship going sour. Megan was systematically harassing and manipulating my daughter! Separating them was not enough. What would you have done? You can't go to the police, the other parents won't listen, WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE??

I did the only thing I could do. Unfortunately, Megan chose to make this a tragedy for everyone involved by killing herself."

Oh my goodness. Are you fucking kidding me?

katyon6th
12-04-2007, 03:46 PM
Alright, I'm done. Even if that blog isn't truly written by that sick bitch, she's still a sick bitch.

JoeChalupa
12-04-2007, 03:46 PM
Seriously. It's not like she can tell the future or anything. Geeeeeez.

Neither can a bartender but they, if I'm not mistaken, can be held liable if a person they served kills someone in a DUI accident, or am I wrong?
Just because one cannot predict the future results of one's actions doesn't get them off scott free.

If that makes sense. I know I'd feel guilty as sin if I were her.

12-04-2007, 03:58 PM
I couldn't resist, I had to leave at least one comment.

Melmart1
12-04-2007, 04:10 PM
I couldn't resist, I had to leave at least one comment.
What did you write?

12-04-2007, 04:52 PM
What did you write?

This:

I was just talking with my brother-in-law the other day about how there aren't any school ground fights anymore. Kids don't know how to stick up for themselves without having their parents step in. And some kids need to get their ass beat once in a while. It just doesn't happen anymore.

Kids these days are coddled too much and are giving many things that we had to work at and figure out on our own. I understand it happens with each generation, but not everyone is a winner or a good kid. Some kids aren't smart, athletic, social, etc. and the quicker they realize this, the better off they will be in the long run.

Lori Drew is still a dumb bitch.

Spam
12-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Lori Drew sucks major ass!

desflood
12-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Karma is coming...

Family Shunned Over MySpace Hoax, Teen's Suicide
Friday, December 07, 2007

DARDENNE PRAIRIE, Mo. — Waterford Crystal Drive is one of those suburban streets that seem so new as to have no history at all. But the suicide of a teenage girl — and allegations she had been tormented by a neighbor over the Internet — have brought a reaction that is old, almost tribal, in its nature.

Residents on the middle-class subdivision have turned against the neighbor, Lori Drew, and her family, demanding the Drews move out. In interviews, they have warned darkly that someone might be tempted to "take matters into their own hands."

"It's like they used to do in the 1700s and 1800s. If you wronged a community, you were basically shunned. That's basically what happened to her," said Trevor Buckles, a 40-year-old who lives next door to the Drews.

Drew became an outcast after she admitted inventing "Josh Evans," a good-looking teenage boy who chatted online with 13-year-old Megan Meier. Megan received cruel messages from Josh that apparently drove her to hang herself in her closet in 2006.

Through her lawyer, Drew, a mother of two in her 40s, has denied saying hurtful things to the girl over the Internet, and prosecutors have said they found no grounds for charges against the woman. Neverthess, the community reaction has been vengeful and the pressure on the Drews intense.

Hundreds of residents gathered in front of their home on a recent evening, holding candles and reciting stories about Megan.

Last December, after neighbors learned of the Internet hoax, someone threw a brick through a window in the Drew home. A few weeks ago, someone made a prank call to police reporting that there had been a shooting inside the Drew's house, prompting squad cars to arrive with sirens flashing.

Someone recently obtained the password to change the Drew's outgoing cell phone recording, and replaced it with a disturbing message. Police would not detail the content.

Clients have fled from Drew's home-based advertising business, so she had to close it. Neighbors have not seen Drew outside her home in weeks.

Death threats and ugly insults have been hurled at Drew over the Internet, where she has been portrayed as monster who should go to prison, lose custody of her own children, or worse. Her name and address have been posted online, and a Web site with satellite images of the home said the Drews should "rot in hell."

Some of the threats "really freak me out," Buckles said while standing on his front porch after dark Tuesday night. As he spoke, a car slowed and stopped in front of Drew's home. It sat there idling for a few long minutes, then sped away. Buckles said it is a common occurrence.

"I just really hope that no one comes out here and does something insane," Buckles said. "If they do, I hope they get the right house."

Sheriff's Lt. David Tiefenbrunn said patrols have been stepped up around Drew's house. "There could be individuals out there with a vigilante-type attitude that might want to take revenge," he said.

The Drews — Lori, husband Curt and two children — live a one-story ranch. An older man at the house who described himself only as a relative said Lori Drew would not comment. He would not say if the family planned to move.

Ron and Tina Meier's home is four houses away from the Drews'. The sidewalk is curved, so the neighbors can't see each other from their front doors. The breach between the once-friendly families seems beyond repair.

"I think that what they have done is so despicable, that I think it absolutely disgusts people," Tina Meier said. "I can't take one ounce of energy worrying about who does not like Lori Drew or who hates Lori Drew. I could not care less."

Just a year ago, Waterford Crystal Drive was the kind of quiet suburban street where joggers waved hello while kids played in their front yards. Lately the road has been choked with TV news trucks, and neighbors hustle inside to avoid questions.

The row of brick-facade homes, with basketball nets and American flags out front, was carved out of the woods and pastures in the mid-1990s. Between rooftops, residents can see the neon signs of the strip mall restaurants near a highway that carries commuters some 35 miles to jobs in downtown St. Louis.

The subdivision and those surrounding it have street names evoking the good life, from Quaint Cottage Drive to Country Squire Circle.

The Drews used to fit in just fine, said John McIntyre, who described Lori Drew as an intensely social woman who never hesitated to stop and talk. She and Curt came over to McIntyre's home to look at his glassed-in porch because they were thinking of adding their own, he said.

McIntyre fondly remembered another guest — Megan. She came across the street to baby-sit McIntyre's 4-year-old daughter Genna and arrived with a clipboard and notes, determined to do the job right. He said the activity was good for Megan, who suffered from depression for years.

"She was a good kid," McIntyre said.

Mixability
12-07-2007, 05:03 PM
"I hope they get the right house"

:lmao :tu

"No, No, No, her address 3614, not 3613, the dumb bitch lives across the street!"

:lmao

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-09-2008, 02:10 AM
Update: MySpace Subpoenaed Over Missouri Hoax (http://www.ksat.com/news/15009225/detail.html)

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Guess who's been indicted? (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24652422/)

PM5K
05-16-2008, 02:13 AM
Guess who's been indicted? (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24652422/)

Beat me to it...

averageusaconsumer
11-26-2008, 08:24 PM
Update:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27928608?GT1=43001

A Missouri mother on trial in a landmark cyberbullying case was convicted Wednesday of only three minor offenses for her role in a mean-spirited Internet hoax that apparently drove a 13-year-old girl to suicide.

The federal jury could not reach a verdict on the main charge against 49-year-old Lori Drew — conspiracy — and rejected three other felony counts of accessing computers without authorization to inflict emotional harm.

Instead, the panel found Drew guilty of three misdemeanor offenses of accessing computers without authorization. Each count is punishable by up to a year in prison and a $100,000 fine. Drew could have gotten 20 years if convicted of the four original charges.

U.S. District Judge George Wu declared a mistrial on the conspiracy count. There was no immediate word on whether prosecutors would retry her.

“I don’t have any satisfaction in the jury’s decision,” said Drew’s lawyer, Dean Steward. “I don’t think these charges should have ever been brought.”

Tina Meier, the mother of the dead girl, said Drew deserves the maximum of three years behind bars.

"For me it's never been about vengeance," she said. "This is about justice."

Prosecutors said Drew and two others created a fictitious 16-year-old boy on MySpace and sent flirtatious messages from him to teenage neighbor Megan Meier. The “boy” then dumped Megan in 2006, saying, “The world would be a better place without you.” Megan promptly hanged herself with a belt in her bedroom closet.

Prosecutors said Drew wanted to humiliate Megan for saying mean things about Drew’s teenage daughter. They said Drew knew Megan suffered from depression and was emotionally fragile.

“Lori Drew decided to humiliate a child,” U.S. Attorney Thomas O’Brien, chief federal prosecutor in Los Angeles, told the jury during closing arguments. “The only way she could harm this pretty little girl was with a computer. She chose to use a computer to hurt a little girl, and for four weeks she enjoyed it.”

O’Brien, who pronounced the case the nation’s first cyberbullying trial, said the jury’s decision sent a worthy message: “If you have children who are on the Internet and you are not watching what they are doing, you better be.”

Weighing evidence
Most members of the six-man, six-woman jury left court without speaking to reporters. One juror, who identified himself by his first name only, Marcilo, indicated jurors were not convinced Drew’s actions involved the intent alleged by prosecutors.

“Some of the jurors just felt strongly that it wasn’t tortious and everybody needed to stay with their feeling. That was really the balancing point,” he said.

The case hinged on an unprecedented — and, some legal experts say, questionable — application of computer-fraud law.

Drew was not directly charged with causing Megan’s death. Instead, prosecutors indicted her under the federal Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, which in the past has been used in hacking and trademark theft cases.

Among other things, Drew was charged with conspiring to violate the fine print in MySpace’s terms-of-service agreement, which prohibits the use of phony names and harassment of other MySpace members.

Drew’s lawyer, Steward, contended his client had little to do with the content of the messages and was not at home when the final one was sent. Steward also argued that nobody reads the fine print on service agreements.

Creating a phony profile
Prosecutors said Drew, her then-13-year-old daughter Sarah and Drew’s 18-year-old business assistant Ashley Grills set up the phony MySpace profile for a boy named “Josh Evans,” posting a photo of a bare-chested boy with tousled brown hair. “Josh” then told Megan she was “sexi” and assured her, “i love you so much.”

Grills allegedly sent the final, insulting message to Megan before she killed herself in the St. Louis suburb of Dardenne Prairie, Mo.

Missouri authorities said there was no state law under which Drew could be charged. But federal prosecutors in California claimed jurisdiction because MySpace is based in Beverly Hills.

Sarah Drew testified she never saw her mother use the MySpace account. But Grills, testifying under immunity from prosecution, said she saw Drew type at least one message under the name Josh Evans.

After the suicide, Missouri passed a law against cyber-harassment. Similar federal legislation has been proposed on Capitol Hill.

The trial’s outcome was a victory for prosecutors despite the lack of a felony conviction, said Nick Akerman, a New York lawyer who specializes in cases involving the federal computer act.

“What you learned is that the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act is an extremely important tool in the federal arsenal against computer crime,” he said.

BlackSwordsMan
11-26-2008, 09:11 PM
what a fucking idiot

mouse
11-26-2008, 10:24 PM
So if I make a fake Kori screen name and tell Tpark he can't post at ST anymore and he offs himself I can do jail time?

What the lady did may be chicken shit and I won't defend her lame ass but someone puts a belt around their own neck deserves what they get, I'm tired of this tree hugging nation blaming everything bad on someone else.

Another thing since the lady used a DELL computer shouldn't they also be charged as an accomplish to the crime? where does the bullshit end?.............

theInternet
11-26-2008, 10:36 PM
It was the wrong thing to do but it wasn't illegal. Bitch knows she did wrong though.

BlackSwordsMan
11-27-2008, 10:19 AM
''I hate you''
''Boo-hoo /life''

Purple & Gold
11-27-2008, 10:47 AM
So if I make a fake Kori screen name and tell Tpark he can't post at ST anymore and he offs himself I can do jail time?

What the lady did may be chicken shit and I won't defend her lame ass but someone puts a belt around their own neck deserves what they get, I'm tired of this tree hugging nation blaming everything bad on someone else.

Another thing since the lady used a DELL computer shouldn't they also be charged as an accomplish to the crime? where does the bullshit end?.............

She was 47, the girl was 13. Easy for an adult to fuck with a little kids head, especially when your child is feeding you private information. She's getting off way too easy.

mouse
11-27-2008, 11:33 AM
She was 47, the girl was 13. Easy for an adult to fuck with a little kids head, especially when your child is feeding you private information. She's getting off way too easy.

Yes but she thought it was a boy her age that was dissing her so that means it could have been any boy her age she thought she was talking to and it would have produced the same effects.

The girl was like an eggshell she was going to crack at the first sign of rejection in her life.

Purple & Gold
11-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Yes but she thought it was a boy her age that was dissing her so that means it could have been any boy her age she thought she was talking to and it would have produced the same effects.

The girl was like an eggshell she was going to crack at the first sign of rejection in her life.

We don't know exactly what was said between them, but with private information and the mind of an adult vs. a childs (especially when it comes to relationships). That little girl stood no chance. I agree she was unstable already, but that adult definitely contributed to her death even if she didn't actually do it herself. She got off easy IMO.

mouse
11-27-2008, 12:12 PM
Let's say the girl is alive today then what should be done with the lady? Either your actions produce a consequence or they don't, why should it matter the outcome?

If I steal an Xmas elf off a persons lawn the penalty should be the same no matter what the owner decides to do. I should get the same amount of punishment that fits the crime.

But according to you If I steal an Xmas elf from a persons lawn and one of the kids can't take the pressure of losing an elf and decides to put a gun in his mouth I should do time for murder?

What if you say something bad about Time Duncan in the Spurs forum and my Daughter losses it and hangs herself are you going to prison?

What the lady did was wrong but where do you draw the line on others taking responsibility for their own actions?

Purple & Gold
11-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Well the difference with this analogy is that it was done maliciously and on purpose, while having intimate knowledge of the girl and done over a period of time. Now lets say your adult neighbor knows your daughter and has knowledge of her fears and phobias or what she loves and holds close to her. If she's scared of the bogey man and they continually knock on her window over a period of time, leading her to believe that something was out to get her and she commits suicide because of it. Then yes they should be held responsible.

Your analogies were more random and per chance then anything. This was done with maliciousness and intimate knowledge of how to get to her psychologically.

Purple & Gold
11-27-2008, 01:30 PM
Let's say the girl is alive today then what should be done with the lady? Either your actions produce a consequence or they don't, why should it matter the outcome?

If you shoot somebody and they survive is very different then shooting somebody and killing them. Yet you could shoot them at exactly the same place and in the same manner with the same caliber bullet. One could die and one could survive. If one dies and one survives then it's very different, even though in both instances you did exactly the same thing.

mouse
11-27-2008, 01:33 PM
If you shoot somebody and they survive is very different then shooting somebody and killing them. Yet you could shoot them at exactly the same place and in the same manner with the same caliber bullet. One could die and one could survive. If one dies and one survives then it's very different, even though in both instances you did exactly the same thing.

It's still attempted murder. and besides the gun was in "your" hands, This story is different the belt to hang the girl was in "her" hands ,there is slight a difference.

mouse
11-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Well the difference with this analogy is that it was done maliciously and on purpose, while having intimate knowledge of the girl and done over a period of time. Now lets say your adult neighbor knows your daughter and has knowledge of her fears and phobias or what she loves and holds close to her. If she's scared of the bogey man and they continually knock on her window over a period of time, leading her to believe that something was out to get her and she commits suicide because of it. Then yes they should be held responsible.

Your analogies were more random and per chance then anything. This was done with maliciousness and intimate knowledge of how to get to her psychologically.

So by your way of thinking one has to assume what a person was thinking?

If that is the case then maybe Lee Harvey Olswald was innocent. Maybe in his mind he was doing a good thing for Jesus. Maybe he was just cleaning his rifle when it went off.

That logic can go both ways.

Another thing if a person is that fragile and mentally unstable why would you allow them a MySpace page? And who is to say someone else who is mentally ill goes around telling everyone on MySpace they are a loser should the mentally ill person go to jail also if there are mass suicides? or do the rules all of a sudden change because of their condition?

Purple & Gold
11-27-2008, 01:53 PM
It's still attempted murder. and besides the gun was in "your" hands, This story is different the belt to hang the girl was in "her" hands ,there is slight a difference.

Exactly but attempted murder is very different then murder. The sentences are not even the same, yet the person did exactly the same thing. And now your changing it, you asked what if she survived should it be different and the outcome shouldn't matter. The outcome does matter legally.

Purple & Gold
11-27-2008, 02:02 PM
So by your way of thinking one has to assume what a person was thinking?

If that is the case then maybe Lee Harvey Olswald was innocent. Maybe in his mind he was doing a good thing for Jesus. Maybe he was just cleaning his rifle when it went off.

That logic can go both ways.

Another thing if a person is that fragile and mentally unstable why would you allow them a MySpace page? And who is to say someone else who is mentally ill goes around telling everyone on MySpace they are a loser should the mentally ill person go to jail also if there are mass suicides? or do the rules all of a sudden change because of their condition?

Well that's what juries are for. They judge on that everyday. The difference between pre-meditated and not pre-meditated holds very different consequences. It is something that is taking into account when handing out sentences.

Well yes mentally ill people do go to jail if they survive any of the mass suicides or killings they orchestrate (Jamestown, Heavens Gate, Charles Manson, etc.). I assume you mean more of in an indirect manner. Well every case is different and that's why every jury is different. You can't paint a broad brush over everything. Every case has it's own facts. I do not believe this was as indirect as a person going around on myspace and telling everybody they are losers. Being that she's an adult and knew intimate secrets about her changes things for me.

mouse
11-27-2008, 02:15 PM
Ok then what if she lives but is in a wheel chair all her life? What if she tried to hang herself and she falls through the floor and kills a baby in the room below her?

What if she tried to kill herself and the bullet misses her head and kills a a peeping tom in her window?

Look we can go round and round here, You're presuming there are other sick 47 years olds out there, ready to kill. Well as mouse, I must assume there isn't. We can play these games all night Purple & Gold, but I don't have the luxury of your presumptions.

Purple & Gold, we have rules that are not open to interpretation, personal intuition, gut feelings, hairs on the back of your neck, little devils or angels sitting on your shoulder. We're all very well aware of what our laws are and what those laws mean. They come down from our government. They contain no ambiguity.

Purple & Gold I've made a point. I'm Captain of this topic. NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP!

johnsmith
11-27-2008, 02:34 PM
I haven't read this thread, but how is the title of this thread any worse then a burntout 40 something year old ex-comedian making dozens of screen names on multiple forums any different then a 47 year old making fake profiles on myspace? :king

Purple & Gold
11-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Ok then what if she lives but is in a wheel chair all her life? What if she tried to hang herself and she falls through the floor and kills a baby in the room below her?

What if she tried to kill herself and the bullet misses her head and kills a a peeping tom in her window?

Look we can go round and round here, You're presuming there are other sick 47 years olds out there, ready to kill. Well as mouse, I must assume there isn't. We can play these games all night Purple & Gold, but I don't have the luxury of your presumptions.

Purple & Gold, we have rules that are not open to interpretation, personal intuition, gut feelings, hairs on the back of your neck, little devils or angels sitting on your shoulder. We're all very well aware of what our laws are and what those laws mean. They come down from our government. They contain no ambiguity.

Purple & Gold I've made a point. I'm Captain of this topic. NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Fact is you have nothing but to keep bringing up hypothetical situations, and they are more irrelevant than not. I've already made my point you don't agree fine, could really care less. There's a jury that decides if she's guilty or not and a judge that hands out the sentence. You'd rather say a 13 year old is responsible for her own actions, I disagree and say the adult is more responsible. If we were in the jury I'm sure we'd be going back and forth on this.

And Gene Hackman got his ass handed to him in that movie :toast

mouse
11-27-2008, 04:19 PM
I haven't read this thread, but how is the title of this thread any worse then a burntout 40 something year old ex-comedian making dozens of screen names on multiple forums any different then a 47 year old making fake profiles on myspace? :king

Because what I do doesn't kill people. Besides I am old, burnt out, and have no life, that is why I am always here, what's your excuse?

:wakeup

mouse
11-27-2008, 04:27 PM
Fact is you have nothing but to keep bringing up hypothetical situations, and they are more irrelevant than not. I've already made my point you don't agree fine, could really care less. There's a jury that decides if she's guilty or not and a judge that hands out the sentence. You'd rather say a 13 year old is responsible for her own actions, I disagree and say the adult is more responsible. If we were in the jury I'm sure we'd be going back and forth on this.

So then according to you i can sit in my moms basement and tell millions of MySpace girls they are ugly and they need to all hang themselves and I will get millions of convictions?

Do me a favor and stick your finger in your ass now suck on it, and after you get sick, tell your doctor and your lawyer to come and press charges on me and lets see how far you get.

On a moral issue, yes your right, the lady was wrong. I never said she wasn't I just said if your going to make a law about what you can't say to people on the www then johnsmith and Tpark should be in court everyday.

And Gene Hackman got his ass handed to him in that movie :toast

Was that before, or after he slapped that Negro's face?

Purple & Gold
11-27-2008, 04:36 PM
So then according to you i can sit in my moms basement and tell millions of MySpace girls they are ugly and they need to all hang themselves and I will get millions of convictions?

Do me a favor and stick your finger in your ass now suck on it, and after you get sick, tell your doctor and your lawyer to come and press charges on me and lets see how far you get.

On a moral issue, yes your right, the lady was wrong. I never said she wasn't I just said if your going to make a law about what you can't say to people on the www then johnsmith and Tpark should be in court everyday.

Come on I read your posts before you're funnier than that. You're just reaching now.

We disagree which is why we have juries. And it's not what you can and can't say over the internet. It's an adult using personal information to harass a child. Not really that difficult to understand.

Was that before, or after he slapped that Negro's face?

After that scene you quoted it was all downhill for him.

mouse
11-27-2008, 04:41 PM
It's an adult using personal information to harass a child. Not really that difficult to understand.

You make it sound like this person when to the playground and fucked with a 8 year old. That Bi-polar bitch had a MySpace page and was showing her camel toe for all to see where do you get child from?

After that scene you quoted it was all downhill for him.

That's true but unlike your black pat-na afterwords he was still able to walk into best buy and not have security follow him around.

mouse
11-27-2008, 04:44 PM
I may have to take a short break my girlfriend is with her parents eating turkey and i hardly ever get time alone like this to wax my carrot so I will surf the web and see if maybe MySpace has anymore girls left that aren't dead already, brb.................

johnsmith
11-28-2008, 12:35 AM
Because what I do doesn't kill people. Besides I am old, burnt out, and have no life, that is why I am always here, what's your excuse?

:wakeup

Excuse for what? I didn't imply that there was anything wrong with spending alot of time on internet forums. I was however implying that there is something wrong with manipulating said forums with multiple screen names (you know, sort of like fake profiles on myspace).

The Final Countdown
11-28-2008, 01:59 AM
I now have new respect for johnsmith, the man is not afraid to put mouse and Kori in their place! :tu

Fabbs
11-28-2008, 02:52 AM
Karma is coming...

Family Shunned Over MySpace Hoax, Teen's Suicide
Friday, December 07, 2007

DARDENNE PRAIRIE, Mo. — Waterford Crystal Drive is one of those suburban streets that seem so new as to have no history at all. But the suicide of a teenage girl — and allegations she had been tormented by a neighbor over the Internet — have brought a reaction that is old, almost tribal, in its nature.

Residents on the middle-class subdivision have turned against the neighbor, Lori Drew, and her family, demanding the Drews move out. In interviews, they have warned darkly that someone might be tempted to "take matters into their own hands."

"It's like they used to do in the 1700s and 1800s. If you wronged a community, you were basically shunned. That's basically what happened to her," said Trevor Buckles, a 40-year-old who lives next door to the Drews.

Drew became an outcast after she admitted inventing "Josh Evans," a good-looking teenage boy who chatted online with 13-year-old Megan Meier. Megan received cruel messages from Josh that apparently drove her to hang herself in her closet in 2006.
This was in Dec of 2007.
Did the town do anything to Cunt Drew since?
How about after the spineless verdict?

mouse
11-29-2008, 01:43 AM
johnsmith does have a point, and I should make another MySpace page.

The Final Countdown
11-29-2008, 03:20 AM
Fact is Gene Hackman got his ass handed to him in that movie :toast

:lmao

manufor3
11-29-2008, 09:57 PM