PDA

View Full Version : TO number 1 Receiver in the League...

gmanrulz
11-30-2007, 01:14 PM
http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

TO is now the #1 receiver in the league. Also its interesting that Henry and Hamlin are tied for 3rd in the league in interceptions even though henry missed a few games. Also Ellis is #2 in the league is sacks only half a sack behind hampton even though he missed some games. Ware is tied for 4th in sacks :toast

ATRAIN
11-30-2007, 01:16 PM

TO is now the #1 receiver in the league. Also its interesting that Henry and Hamlin are tied for 3rd in the league in interceptions even though henry missed a few games. Also Ellis is #2 in the league is sacks only half a sack behind hampton even though he missed some games. Ware is tied for 4th in sacks :toast

And he still dropped that easy ball in the end zone!!

gmanrulz
11-30-2007, 01:19 PM

That was ridiculous. Gotta take the good with the bad. Hes been pretty unstoppable most of the season but that kinda crap still happens, what can ya do

BeerIsGood!
11-30-2007, 01:32 PM
He's putting up big numbers and doing a great job, but the little drops and bobbles here and there might just cost them in a tight game. I've never seen such an automatic touchdown pass turn into an interception before last night. At least he's an asset and not a liability this year.

With the way the Eagles play when McNabb isn't the QB over the last couple of years, it makes me wonder just how much of that implosion in Philly was just McNabb being a dick. I really wonder how many of those players don't like him but just would never say so in public.

samikeyp
11-30-2007, 01:36 PM
It's amazing what can happen when you actually hold on to the ball.

That being said, he dropped two big ones last night....the INT in the endzone and before that a sure first down..it was a little behind him but still very catchable.

It's weird, he can go up over three people and catch it one-handed but tends to drop the wide open, easy ones.

BeerIsGood!
11-30-2007, 01:41 PM

That being said, he dropped two big ones last night....the INT in the endzone and before that a sure first down..it was a little behind him but still very catchable.

It's weird, he can go up over three people and catch it one-handed but tends to drop the wide open, easy ones.

Don't forget that would be first down that would have put the Cowboys in the red zone but he bobbled going out of bounds and the Packers got reversed on a replay. That was 3 times last night - two that were fairly easy and routine and one that was somewhat difficult because it was slightly behind him.

BeerIsGood!
11-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Luckily Romo usually makes a play for a first after the drops, so as long as TO doesn't do that on 3rd or 4th down it usually gets picked up anyway.

O-Factor
11-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Amazing Peterson has missed 2 games and is still #1 in rushing. If you add receiving yards its Westbrook however. Osi U. is not a top 5 pass rusher this year. He got six sacks in 1 game which totally skews his stats. He hasn't done much of anything or been a difference maker in any of the other games.
I bet Moss goes off this week, because Owens had a big game. Fine by me since I have him in 2 of my fantasy leagues

BeerIsGood!
11-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Moss is going to attempt to bobble a sure TD pass up in the air but still outjump the defensive back to secure the TD.

O-Factor
11-30-2007, 02:13 PM
Moss is going to attempt to bobble a sure TD pass up in the air but still outjump the defensive back to secure the TD.

:lol

Flight3107
11-30-2007, 03:32 PM

Hampton? I have not looked but I am pretty sure Aaron Kampman is #1 in the NFL in sacks.

samikeyp
11-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Hampton? I have not looked but I am pretty sure Aaron Kampman is #1 in the NFL in sacks.

You are correct, sir.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=SACKS&season=2007&seasonType=REG

LEONARD
11-30-2007, 03:44 PM
Don't forget that would be first down that would have put the Cowboys in the red zone but he bobbled going out of bounds and the Packers got reversed on a replay. That was 3 times last night - two that were fairly easy and routine and one that was somewhat difficult because it was slightly behind him.

The one that was over-turned (juggling out of bounds) was fairly easy? :dizzy

leemajors
11-30-2007, 04:09 PM
You are correct, sir.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=SACKS&season=2007&seasonType=REG
Chris Gumblesworth mentioned that more than a few times last night.

Holmes_Fans
11-30-2007, 04:28 PM

That is how he has always been, he is a run after the catch receiver. If he knows he is in the open he look to start running before catching it.

gmanrulz
11-30-2007, 08:07 PM

ya sorry about that i meant kampman

Dre_7
12-01-2007, 03:24 AM
That is how he has always been, he is a run after the catch receiver. If he knows he is in the open he look to start running before catching it.

Looks to start running? He was in the endzone on that drop/INT. No where to run there.

samikeyp
12-01-2007, 08:10 AM
Looks to start running? He was in the endzone on that drop/INT. No where to run there.

Too much butter on the popcorn. :lol

Thunder Dan
12-01-2007, 09:10 AM

that is like the Browns' best WR Braylon Edwards. The guy can make awesome catches, but will drop balls that hit him right in the hands. I think most star WRs have that problem because they worry too much about making a big play. The nobodys that are just happy to get thrown to are the guys that hold onto everything: Stokley, Welker, Joe Jurevicius...you know

Too much butter on the popcorn. :lol

I was thinking about that. If you were that guy and TO took and wasted your popcorn would you be pissed? I think I would be. I bet the guy spent like $5 on that, which isn't that much, but the main thing is if you actually wanted tohe popcorn then you have to go back out and get more, which means miss more of the game and stand in line. It wasn't even that good of a celebration, so taking my popcorn would have just pissed me off. Can you imagine anyone else just walking up to you and taking your popcorn and dumping it on themselves.... how weird would that be? :lol

He should have given him the ball for a fair trade.

samikeyp
12-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Maybe, but a lot of fans would trade the popcorn for that half a second that they were on TV.

"Mama! TO took my popcorn! You can be proud of me now!"

:lol

BeerIsGood!
12-01-2007, 03:19 PM
He looked like a plant to me. Either that or he was really trying to get TO's attention to give him the popcorn. I'd put my money on something was worked out before the game for that celebration.

Shit, I'm just glad he didn't get one of those little pieces of shell that get stuck in your teeth in one of his eyes and temporarily blind himself :lol

Vinnie_Johnson
12-01-2007, 11:38 PM
He looked like a plant to me. Either that or he was really trying to get TO's attention to give him the popcorn. I'd put my money on something was worked out before the game for that celebration.

Shit, I'm just glad he didn't get one of those little pieces of shell that get stuck in your teeth in one of his eyes and temporarily blind himself :lol

You are right he reached out and gave him the popcorn. TO said the guy kept calling him all game.

TampaDude
12-02-2007, 08:35 AM
I'm surprised the refs didn't flag TO for the popcorn thing...it was hella funny, though... :lol