PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed from the ladies of ST

Steve Irwin
11-30-2007, 07:16 PM
All the dudes in here will get on me and call me a fag, but whatever.

Where do you want to be taken to on the first date? Details?

And also, is calling the person a day after you get the number too early?

Thank you.

dimsah
11-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Why wait to call? You should call 10 minutes after you leave. If she doesn't answer just keep trying and leave a lot of voicemails.

Barbarian
11-30-2007, 07:26 PM
Take her to the gym and get her to sign a lifetime contract.

angel_luv
11-30-2007, 07:36 PM

Thank you.

I say call her- don't wait.

Why would you put off talking to someone you like.

I'm convinced that the " wait three day rule" originated when some guy forgot to call his girl and made that his cover story.
Ove the years, other guys heard the story and used it with their girl friends and it became a "man law" to wait three days to call.

Call her. :)

angel_luv
11-30-2007, 07:39 PM
For the first date, I think it would be nice to see a movie and then go to dinner.

Movie first so you can discuss it over dinner.

tlongII
11-30-2007, 07:42 PM

Thank you.

Dude, you're a FAG!

duncan228
11-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Do you have any idea of the kinds of things she likes?
Is she a big movie fan? Restaurant fan? Sports fan?

I would think you want to be able to talk to her, so a movie should be mixed with dinner or snacks after.

Is there an amusement park near you? We're near Disneyland, it's a great date place. (Though very expensive.) The wait in lines give you time to talk, the rides let you be close, the atmosphere is fun and exciting.

I assume this is the girl you can't stop thinking about. If she gave you her number, she should be interested. Go with the flow, call her and feel out the kinds of things you both like. Then go from there.

Good luck. For all the crap you take on this board, and all you create, you're brave to have asked.
I hope it goes well for you.

scott
11-30-2007, 08:02 PM

Thank you.

Definitely wait. 6 months to 12 years is a good rule of thumb.

mrsmaalox
11-30-2007, 08:03 PM
It's never too soon to call! If you are that interested why wait? And if she is interested, you can be sure she is ANXIOUSLY waiting for your call. If she isn't, you may as well know before you waste alot of time. I personally prefer the first date that doesn't involve eating (too self-conscious); alot of talking is good, walking is too. So a zoo or museum or something.

dimsah
11-30-2007, 08:03 PM
And a restraining order just means she's playing hard to get.

mrsmaalox
11-30-2007, 08:08 PM
And why doyou think anyone would call you a fag? You're asking a GIRL out right? Now if you were asking a GUY out.....

tlongII
11-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Take her to a Nekkid Hot Tubbing place!

jman3000
11-30-2007, 08:10 PM
P.F. Changs, Ice Cream, Bushes

Cupid
11-30-2007, 08:32 PM
Norcal is the toughest case I've ever been assigned. Now that his man crush on GIG seems to be over he's ready to move on to women.

pseudofan
11-30-2007, 09:08 PM
I would take her shopping at Tiffany's on her first date. Then call her constantly. Hell, call her while you're walking next to her down the sidewalk.....

Twisted_Dawg
11-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Dude, you're a FAG!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

florige
11-30-2007, 10:38 PM
I say call her- don't wait.

Why would you put off talking to someone you like.

I'm convinced that the " wait three day rule" originated when some guy forgot to call his girl and made that his cover story.
Ove the years, other guys heard the story and used it with their girl friends and it became a "man law" to wait three days to call.

Call her. :)

You wouldn't be like, "geez this freakin guy is calling me already?"

MrChug
11-30-2007, 11:05 PM
You're a fag...or someone who has no idea what women are.

I know one thing. All people (women especially) are different. You may, in fact be attractive enough (and not know enough about this girl) that she's "good to go" the first night...shit, the first drink. She may however, be the type that's looking for something more significant. YOU however, my friend are asking a bullshit question. You're 14 or a moron. If you can't tell whether she's looking for a relationship or a fat dick pounding her in the first hour you don't deserve her number jackass.

BTW...I thought you were dead.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 11:18 PM

Thank you.
Didn't you see Swingers?

Fag.

monosylab1k
11-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Seriously tho, take her to a classy eating establishment. And flash that green by telling her that she can Supersize her meal if she wants to.

johnsmith
12-01-2007, 12:24 AM
fag

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-01-2007, 12:24 AM
Take her down to Arnold's Drive In for a vanilla malt, then go cruisin' in your SUV...

Lloyd Christmas
12-01-2007, 12:31 AM
this is not what this forum was created for

Mike Damone
12-01-2007, 12:34 AM
Just follow my Five Point Plan.

First of all NorCal, you never let on how much you like a girl. "Oh, Debbie. Hi."

Two, you always call the shots. "Kiss me. You won't regret it."

Now three, act like wherever you are, that's the place to be. "Isn't this great?"

Four, when ordering food, you find out what she wants, then order for the both of you. It's a classy move. "Now, the lady will have the linguini and white clam sauce, and a Coke with no ice."

And five, now this is the most important, NorCal. When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV.

SequSpur
12-01-2007, 12:42 AM
Tell her to make some chocolate pie, go over and eat it and turn on ESPN and fart on her couch.

See what happens then...

Steve Irwin
12-01-2007, 12:57 AM
okay, first date, how to dress? too fancy is too much i think... but i dont know.

leemajors
12-01-2007, 01:38 AM
with these pants on, whatever else will just look good:

http://www.inthe80s.com/clothes/images/user-image-1191169969.jpg

E20
12-01-2007, 01:47 AM
Slip a condom in her apple cider or top ramen soup.

ploto
12-01-2007, 02:21 AM
Find out what she is like or what she would like to do- that should help you figure out a first date and how to dress.

If you are still in school, a school function always makes a good first date-- a basketball game, a play at school, a holiday program- something like that. It's a place you are already comfortable at and you can get something to eat afterward.

mrsmaalox
12-01-2007, 09:24 AM
okay, first date, how to dress? too fancy is too much i think... but i dont know.

FANCY?!? What kind of guy thinks about dressing "fancy"? Hmmm.....

Thunder Dan
12-01-2007, 09:29 AM
Just follow my Five Point Plan.

First of all NorCal, you never let on how much you like a girl. "Oh, Debbie. Hi."

Two, you always call the shots. "Kiss me. You won't regret it."

Now three, act like wherever you are, that's the place to be. "Isn't this great?"

Four, when ordering food, you find out what she wants, then order for the both of you. It's a classy move. "Now, the lady will have the linguini and white clam sauce, and a Coke with no ice."

And five, now this is the most important, NorCal. When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV.

I laughed out loud at that...goodone :lol

Hall & Oates
12-01-2007, 09:40 AM
This is what you do.

-Get a boombox
- Get this (http://www.amazon.com/Very-Best-Daryl-Hall-Oates/dp/B000056CCH/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1196519846&sr=8-1)album
-stand outside of he window and turn up the volume

This has the same affects on women as cat-nip has on cats. Just sit back and wait. She will come. Make sure you have lots of rubbers.

angel_luv
12-01-2007, 10:17 AM
You wouldn't be like, "geez this freakin guy is calling me already?"

No.

I don't give out my number to a guy unless he is someone who seems nice and I would be willing to get to know better.

I joke that I am more protective of my number than Jackie Christie is of Doug.

Giving out my number is a big deal to me.
Therefore, I get really annoyed/ turned off when a guy asks for my number and then doesn't call or takes forever to.
I do try not to hold that against the next guy though.

My worst call experience ever:

I gave my number to a guy in Houston, slightly against my better judgement, but thought I would give him a chance.

He didn't call me for like a week and a half and honestly I was relieved.
But then he called.
First words out of his mouth, " Yea so I was cleaning out my car and found your number at the bottom of a stack of papers and thought I would give you a ring."

We didn't speak long or ever again.

angel_luv
12-01-2007, 10:20 AM

If depends where you are going.

florige
12-01-2007, 10:33 AM
No.

I don't give out my number to a guy unless he is someone who seems nice and I would be willing to get to know better.

I joke that I am more protective of my number than Jackie Christie is of Doug.

Giving out my number is a big deal to me.
Therefore, I get really annoyed/ turned off when a guy asks for my number and then doesn't call or takes forever to.
I do try not to hold that against the next guy though.

I gave my number to a guy in Houston, slightly against my better judgement, but thought I would give him a chance.

But then he called.
First words out of his mouth, " Yea so I was cleaning out my car and found your number at the bottom of a stack of papers and thought I would give you a ring."

All week he probably kept looking at it and wondering how he should play it. Then one of his goofball friends gave him that "awesome" way to start a conversation, I guess making himself look cool for saying that "Oh I just happened to run across your number" Jerkoff probably had it in his wallet the whole time... Man, and just when I think I am lame somebody always manages to out do me without even trying... lol

angel_luv
12-01-2007, 01:42 PM
All week he probably kept looking at it and wondering how he should play it. Then one of his goofball friends gave him that "awesome" way to start a conversation, I guess making himself look cool for saying that "Oh I just happened to run across your number" Jerkoff probably had it in his wallet the whole time... Man, and just when I think I am lame somebody always manages to out do me without even trying... lol

I doubt it.

I thought the guy was shady- like I said, I gave him a chance against my better judgment.

Oh well, live and learn.

I realize that I don't have a boyfriend and so likely do not know as much about dating as the rest of you.

But...

I don't think dating has to be the difficult ordeal it has been made into.

Common sense and common courtesy would go a long way in people forming successful relationships.

Common sense: If person gives you their number, that means they want to talk to you.

Common courtesy: If you say you're going to call, then call.

And most importantly:

Don't worry about what someone is looking for in a boy friend/ girl friend. Just be yourself.

If the person likes you, then great for the both of you.

If the person doesn't like you, then all the better for the person you'll eventually meet whom will think you are the best thing ever.

(The most important rule is one I have had plenty of opportunity to practice so you can take my word on it. ) :)

Kori Ellis
12-01-2007, 01:53 PM
My main recommendation is to NOT take her to the movies for the first date. To me, the movies are the worst place to take a new date. You have to be quiet for two hours - how do you plan on talking to her or getting to know her?

If I was a 13-year-old guy like Norcal (just kidding), I would ask her to her to some sort of event - a game, a festival, something a long those lines. It's a casual and friendly atmosphere, where you can talk a lot and get to know each other.

Along the way on the date, open the doors for her, don't curse, ask her interesting questions (the kind that require more than a yes or no), and pay for everything.

If things go well, on the second date, take her to dinner and a movie.

Another recommendation that I have for young guys (not necessarily applicable to NorCal's first date situation) is NOT to throw money at girls. I honestly think that men should pay for dates (when they are the ones who ask the girl out).

But don't start buying her gifts after knowing her for a short period of time. A lot of young girls (and older women) are money hungry. Small tokens of affection or gifts for birthday/holidays is okay. But a lot of guys, young and old, get suckered into throwing money at girls too early in a relationship.

With that said, I think I need to hint to timvp about what I want for Christmas :lol

SequSpur
12-01-2007, 02:31 PM
if you go to the movies, don't forget the knee pads.

Steve Irwin
12-01-2007, 02:59 PM
thank you kori and angel and everyone else who participated.

angel_luv
12-01-2007, 03:01 PM
You're welcome.

Have a great date. :)

johnsmith.
12-01-2007, 03:29 PM

Good advise! :tu

Steve should be looking for a man anyway!
:elephant

Last Comic Standing
12-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Steve Irwin making a topic about dating girls makes about as much sense as T Park talking about becoming a horse jockey!

Steve Irwin
12-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Steve Irwin making a topic about dating girls makes about as much sense as T Park talking about becoming a horse jockey!
:lol

ploto
12-01-2007, 10:51 PM
My main recommendation is to NOT take her to the movies for the first date. To me, the movies are the worst place to take a new date. You have to be quiet for two hours - how do you plan on talking to her or getting to know her?

If I was a 13-year-old guy like Norcal (just kidding), I would ask her to her to some sort of event - a game, a festival, something a long those lines. It's a casual and friendly atmosphere, where you can talk a lot and get to know each other.
Totally agree.

Man of Steel
12-02-2007, 12:40 AM
Take her to a Spurs game--

Tell her your cousin is one of the players--

When the two of you were kids, people used to make fun of his nose--said he more of a beak than a nose.

Your cuz had a fantastic game against the T-Wolves and may join the two of you after the game...

johnsmith
12-02-2007, 01:09 AM

Oh mouse, it's almost like you are a worthwhile member of society.

whottt
12-02-2007, 01:17 AM
I've had good luck and bad luck at going to movies for a first date....

Funny thing is, the outcome of the date can depend entirely on the quality of the movie :lmao. Make sure it's not a lousy movie if you end up going to one...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-02-2007, 03:52 AM
Good advice from the ladies in this thread - definitely listen to them and not the guys! :lmao

How'd it go?

MagnusKrauss
12-02-2007, 10:40 AM
post what happened to your date!

btw, was she the same girl who you said was pressuring you to light a doobie?

angel_luv
12-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Take her to a Spurs game--

Tell her your cousin is one of the players--

Several games ago, I was joking about that very idea with some of the hostesses at the Terrace Club.

I was saying that I could tell people I was Tim Duncan's cousin and unless they were a die hard stalker sort of fan, it would be very hard for anyone to disprove it.

It would be cool to be Timmy's cousin. Wonder if he wants another one? I'm already adopted so... :)

Steve Irwin
12-02-2007, 07:57 PM
well i dont know what's up really

the girl got too much going on and i aint up for it

i guess i got pwned by this bitch. whatever!

duncan228
12-02-2007, 08:00 PM
well i dont know what's up really

the girl got too much going on and i aint up for it

Harsh. Sorry, that's gotta suck.

mrsmaalox
12-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Not to worry---just find another one!

Steve Irwin
12-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Not to worry---just find another one!
:spin

Cry Havoc
12-02-2007, 10:49 PM
From personal experience, I've met a couple of females in Chicago since being single for a little while. Called each one back the next day. They didn't mind it at all. =) So there you are. I think if you have a girl who thinks you're annoying for calling back the next day, she's just trying to play games and isn't worth your time to begin with.

whottt
12-02-2007, 10:50 PM

You didn't get pwned...it's happened to every man and woman in history.

CuckingFunt
12-02-2007, 10:54 PM
From personal experience, I've met a couple of females in Chicago since being single for a little while. Called each one back the next day. They didn't mind it at all. =) So there you are.The waiting to call game is one that I've never quite understood. And one that seems to be played by people fond of wasting A LOT of time.

Cry Havoc
12-02-2007, 11:00 PM
The waiting to call game is one that I've never quite understood. And one that seems to be played by people fond of wasting A LOT of time.

Yeah, I edited it a bit to say basically the same thing before I saw your post.

The cool thing about dating is, you won't have to play games with the right girl. If she's not mature enough to deal with the situation like an adult, you don't have to worry about her anyway, because as hot as she is, she can't back it up with human decency! :spin

florige
12-02-2007, 11:01 PM

Right on! Anyone who says otherwise is full of it...

florige
12-02-2007, 11:03 PM
Why wait to call? You should call 10 minutes after you leave. If she doesn't answer just keep trying and leave a lot of voicemails.

I didn't keep calling her, but I did call a girl within minutes because I was positive that she had given me the wrong number. She said, you sure don't waste any time... :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-02-2007, 11:05 PM

whottt
12-02-2007, 11:08 PM
The waiting to call game is one that I've never quite understood. And one that seems to be played by people fond of wasting A LOT of time.

The waiting game is because of liking girls a whole lot previously and getting dumped by them for some guy that could care less if they live or die. Probably a similar reason why women do it. I'm not saying it's correct reaction and it is kind of a generalized way of looking at the opposite sex...but a hell of a lot of people do it, especially when you are young.

CuckingFunt
12-02-2007, 11:11 PM
The waiting game is because of liking girls a whole lot previously and getting dumped by them for some guy that could care less if they live or die. Probably a similar reason why women do it.That's because 90% of women are idiots when it comes to that sort of thing and think that men only respond to the ones who are manipulative shrews.

whottt
12-02-2007, 11:19 PM
Another thing is that....to most guys, it's always the jerks that get the girls...which encourages most guys to act like jerks....at least at first.

I think it's similar with women...a lot of guys want the hot bitchy chick as some kind of conquest which probably encourages a lot of women to act bitchy...

No one wants to be the doormat...

Fear of rejection is a powerful force...arguably the most powerful social force there is.

Steve Irwin
12-02-2007, 11:20 PM
Wow I expected to get responses of laughter and jokes.

I am really suprised.

I love you guys...

CuckingFunt
12-02-2007, 11:28 PM
Another thing is that....to most guys, it's always the jerks that get the girls...which encourages most guys to act like jerks....at least at first.

I think it's similar with women...a lot of guys want the hot bitchy chick as some kind of conquest which probably encourages a lot of women to act bitchy...

No one wants to be the doormat...

Fear of rejection is a powerful force...arguably the most powerful social force there is.The whole nonsense gives me a headache. Things would be so much easier if everyone just acted honestly and didn't play any of the games.

Then again, I've always avoided the manipulative game playing and almost every single person I've dated has gotten suspicious because of it.

Cry Havoc
12-02-2007, 11:29 PM
The whole nonsense gives me a headache. Things would be so much easier if everyone just acted honestly and didn't play any of the games.

Then again, I've always avoided the manipulative game playing and almost every single person I've dated has gotten suspicious because of it.

Likewise. People I date are a little perplexed at how "nice" I am. Mostly it's just because I am not (try not to be) overly self-indulgent, and I listen to the other person. It's bizarre how that actually throws them for a loop.

UV Ray
12-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Fear of rejection is a powerful force...arguably the most powerful social force there is.

Detach yourself emotionally and make it a numbers game. Ask every 7 1/2 you see for their number (7 1/2 's have 9 's and 10's for girlfriends). Once you're ok'd by the 7/ 1/2 you work your way up. You'll be swimming in it in no time. That's what I'm talkin' about. Yeah baby.

whottt
12-02-2007, 11:43 PM
The whole nonsense gives me a headache. Things would be so much easier if everyone just acted honestly and didn't play any of the games.

Well you probably had some kind of well balanced childhood and came from a loving family or something...

Some people come from families where the spouses hate each other or one rejects the other...and so they try to avoid that rejection seeing all the havok it caused.

The thing is..if no one ever acts like they like someone a whole lot...then if they get rejected they can always say they didn't care or something and save face. Not get teased by their friends.

Fear of rejection, peer pressure...these are common motivating factors for people, especially kids.

The thing is...men and women both do it. Frequently. Especially when young. A lot of people figure it out eventually...but some never do.

UV Ray
12-02-2007, 11:53 PM
Embrace rejection and you will never be without.

CuckingFunt
12-02-2007, 11:56 PM
Well you probably had some kind of well balanced childhood and came from a loving family or something...My parents were divorced when I was 4 1/2, actually, and neither them nor any of the other members of my family are/were terribly well adjusted. I was just a smart kid who saw through the bullshit and always knew exactly how fucked up everyone was, which helped me tremendously.

Some people come from families where the spouses hate each other or one rejects the other...and so they try to avoid that rejection seeing all the havok it caused.

The thing is..if no one ever acts like they like someone a whole lot...then if they get rejected they can always say they didn't care or something and save face. Not get teased by their friends.

Fear of rejection, peer pressure...these are common motivating factors for people, especially kids.

The thing is...men and women both do it. Frequently. Especially when young. A lot of people figure it out eventually...but some never do.
I would agree with that. Especially as it relates to the way boys and girls interact as children and through puberty.

But I think there are far more external factors involved in adulthood. The many representations of appropriate male/female behavior in the media are pretty astounding. Women are guided by Cosmopolitan to be manipulative, sex-pot teases who use their own sexuality to get what they want. Men are guided by Maxim to treat women like objects and/or conquests and dare not let their own interests or desires drive attraction for fear of getting laughed at by the boys.

UV Ray
12-03-2007, 12:07 AM
Don't over analyze it Crocodile boy, just bag it and shag it.

TheSanityAnnex
12-03-2007, 12:09 AM

Thank you.
:lmao

the person?

Fucking fag.

Fillmoe
12-03-2007, 12:16 AM
call her, tell her you want some flight to boston. then walk into your parents garage; get on your bike, ride it to her house, and wear that shit out until her parents come home.

Fillmoe
12-03-2007, 12:18 AM
oh and make sure you use a condom.... unless you want your dick to fall off

monosylab1k
12-03-2007, 09:46 AM
:lmao

the person?

Fucking fag.

angel_luv
12-03-2007, 09:50 AM

Exactly!

mrsmaalox
12-03-2007, 09:58 AM

I have never been a fan of the games;one of my college roommates was terrible about it. So she ran off alot of pretty nice guys and ended up miserable most the time. What surprises me now, is how viciously skilled young girls are that these days. Because of my son, I spend way too much time with teenage boys and they tell me EVERYTHING. I don't know where these girls learn this stuff so young. Unless their moms still do it.

katyon6th
12-03-2007, 10:18 AM
Detach yourself emotionally and make it a numbers game. Ask every 7 1/2 you see for their number (7 1/2 's have 9 's and 10's for girlfriends). Once you're ok'd by the 7/ 1/2 you work your way up. You'll be swimming in it in no time. That's what I'm talkin' about. Yeah baby.

hahahahahhahaha. That's awesome advice!

Cry Havoc
12-03-2007, 11:18 AM
I have never been a fan of the games;one of my college roommates was terrible about it. So she ran off alot of pretty nice guys and ended up miserable most the time. What surprises me now, is how viciously skilled young girls are that these days. Because of my son, I spend way too much time with teenage boys and they tell me EVERYTHING. I don't know where these girls learn this stuff so young. Unless their moms still do it.

That's so sad. :(

ploto
12-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Girls need to be honest, too. If the guy asks you out, and you do not want to go out with him, just say so- nicely. Don't think you are sparing his feelings by saying you have to check your calendar or you are really busy right now. Then, he thinks you really mean that and he wonders about when to ask you again.

George Gervin's Afro
12-03-2007, 11:31 AM

Thank you.

f@g

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Damnit, just smoke the damn pot and get it over with. You don't need a woman's advice for that. Just spark it up and be done already.

Fvck. :pctoss

tlongII
12-03-2007, 01:30 PM

Nah. He got pwned. It is what it is.

whottt
12-03-2007, 03:20 PM

That's not my problem at all...I don't have a problem getting dates...and even if I did, I'm not going to ask 40 women out in the hopes that one of them will fuck me...that's why women think guys only want sex. That's why being nice doesn't work a lot of the time in the first place. Because guys see...ooh female, I like. Without giving it much other consideration. And IME. Women see right through that shit.

And in truth the women thinking those guys just want sex are right, because guys that take that approach are just looking for sex...and let's face it, in about 60% of a man's relationships...as it is ending, the first thought that runs through his mind is that is could potentially be a while before he gets laid again...unless he's got someone else lined up...I'm sure it's similar for women. And again...I think most of the time the woman knows the guys biggest hang up is that he doesn't want to go without getting laid for a month.

And in truth...it most likely will be a while before he gets laid again....because women don''t want to be called sluts.

I'll pass on the numbers game/meat market scene pretty much...getting a date is not my problem. I don't have some maniacal urge to be in any relationship I can get my hands on....

Man of Steel
12-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Okay--

No more joking--some serious advice.

I don't know how old you or your future girlfriend is, but it seems like the younger the woman, the more apt she may be into game-playing.

Now remember--this is a generalization only.

There are exceptions. A lot of older women may be into games or may be really fucked up from years of getting shafted by the pricks they dated/fucked/married/lived with...etc.

Some younger women may be straight forward, honest, and sincere.

That being said--

1. Never let them know that you really like her too early. Women hate that---they need some mystique or they get bored.

2. Never let them see you sweat. The girl is too busy to call you back or ignores you? Whatever you do--do NOT under any circumstances let her know this pisses you off. If you talk to her again (and I would not unless she had a dam good reason for giving you shit), need to act like you hardly noticed. Make her think you probably were with some babe the night she was supposed to go out with you.

I know Angel is going to disagree.

After all--she is an Angel.

And a damn fine one at that...

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Wow I expected to get responses of laughter and jokes.

I am really suprised.

I love you guys...

FAG

j/k :D

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Norcal, what happened? Whatever it was, you didn't get "owned" because there is no "owning" in personal relationships, not amongst sane, balanced people anyway.

It is not a game with winners and losers, it's just "match" or "no match", and you'll get 10 "no match"s for every "match" unless you are not picky. IMHO, there's no point being in a relationship just for the sake of it, so the hardest thing in dating is finding someone compatible that I want to try and build something with.

If I have any advice it is not to go for the total hotties/ultra-cool set - they can have any guy they want, so unless you are on their level of "cool" you're never going to get anywhere. Go for a girl with a compatible personality who you also like the look of because that has a higher chance of working out.

Also, prepare yourself for frustration. In my experience, many young women go for arrogant fuckwits who treat them like shit until their mid-20s when they start to wake up to themselves and look for nice guys. If you can be the arrogant fuckwit they want good luck to you, but if you are actually a nice guy (and I suspect that you might be, despite some of what you say on this board), then cross your fingers and hope for the best... or date older women! ;)

tlongII
12-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Don't listen to these twits NorCal. Go for the hotties! You're young so why not?

Marklar MM
12-03-2007, 07:32 PM
http://adweek.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/pabst_1.jpg
+
http://www.brooklynrecord.com/archives/11joint.jpg
=
http://blog.blacknight.com/images/thumbs-up.jpg

ehz33satx
12-03-2007, 07:33 PM

Or in SequSpur's case, the booster seat!

angel_luv
12-03-2007, 07:35 PM
Okay--

No more joking--some serious advice.

I don't know how old you or your future girlfriend is, but it seems like the younger the woman, the more apt she may be into game-playing.

Now remember--this is a generalization only.

There are exceptions. A lot of older women may be into games or may be really fucked up from years of getting shafted by the pricks they dated/fucked/married/lived with...etc.

Some younger women may be straight forward, honest, and sincere.

That being said--

1. Never let them know that you really like her too early. Women hate that---they need some mystique or they get bored.

2. Never let them see you sweat. The girl is too busy to call you back or ignores you? Whatever you do--do NOT under any circumstances let her know this pisses you off. If you talk to her again (and I would not unless she had a dam good reason for giving you shit), need to act like you hardly noticed. Make her think you probably were with some babe the night she was supposed to go out with you.

I know Angel is going to disagree.

After all--she is an Angel.

And a damn fine one at that...

I was just thinking how much I disagreed with you with I saw what you posted about me.

And before I rip your thread apart, thanks very much for the sweet compliment. :)

That said...
As to your first point...
If a guy likes me, I would not want him to put off saying so.

Granted, it would help his case if we had spoken a few times or at least long enough to where I felt he had, had time to learn something about me.

The guys that walk up and immediately start hitting on me are a turn off but so are the guys who think I am cute, funny, whatever but are afraid to tell me.
I don't want a boy friend who is timid and scared, especially of me!

Regarding your second point...

If a girl 1) does not find a guy to be interesting enough to call and/or 2) does not respect or regard him enough to return his calls, then she is not worth his time.

Don't play her game. Don't seek revenge. Just pity the fool who will encounter her next.

All I ask of any guy is that they be honest about who he is and that he has a genuine interest in who I am.

If I can't respect and befriend a guy, no matter how cute he is, I won't even consider dating him.

That rule has meant a lot less dates but it has also prevented a lot of wasted time and broken hearts.
So to me it is worth it.

Steve Irwin
12-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Norcal, what happened? Whatever it was, you didn't get "owned" because there is no "owning" in personal relationships, not amongst sane, balanced people anyway.

It is not a game with winners and losers, it's just "match" or "no match", and you'll get 10 "no match"s for every "match" unless you are not picky. IMHO, there's no point being in a relationship just for the sake of it, so the hardest thing in dating is finding someone compatible that I want to try and build something with.

If I have any advice it is not to go for the total hotties/ultra-cool set - they can have any guy they want, so unless you are on their level of "cool" you're never going to get anywhere. Go for a girl with a compatible personality who you also like the look of because that has a higher chance of working out.

Also, prepare yourself for frustration. In my experience, many young women go for arrogant fuckwits who treat them like shit until their mid-20s when they start to wake up to themselves and look for nice guys. If you can be the arrogant fuckwit they want good luck to you, but if you are actually a nice guy (and I suspect that you might be, despite some of what you say on this board), then cross your fingers and hope for the best... or date older women! ;)

actually the girl was about 2 years older than me... well maybe a little less but hell she was a fuckin hottie. still pulled her number... but fuck it.

:reading

jman3000
12-03-2007, 10:10 PM
out of all my years on this earth, i still havent asked a girl out.

rejection is a very strong force indeed.

TheSanityAnnex
12-03-2007, 11:58 PM
If I have any advice it is not to go for the total hotties/ultra-cool set - they can have any guy they want, so unless you are on their level of "cool" you're never going to get anywhere. NEVER TAKE THE ADVICE OF THIS MAN.

CuckingFunt
12-04-2007, 12:13 AM
NEVER TAKE THE ADVICE OF THIS MAN.Shocking as it may be, I'm going to have to go with Sanity on this one.

The stereotype that all "hot" girls are inherently evil/bitchy/manipulative/shallow is one that annoys me every bit as much as any other stereotype mentioned in this thread.

Steve Irwin
12-04-2007, 12:16 AM
Shocking as it may be, I'm going to have to go with Sanity on this one.

The stereotype that all "hot" girls are inherently evil/bitchy/manipulative/shallow is one that annoys me every bit as much as any other stereotype mentioned in this thread.
Right, because you're the hot bitch that has nice big titties but you aren't a little slutty whore like all the rest. Okay, just kidding.

CuckingFunt
12-04-2007, 12:20 AM
Right, because you're the hot bitch that has nice big titties but you aren't a little slutty whore like all the rest.Simmer down.

In case you hadn't noticed, I've been actually contributing to your thread instead of acting like an ass.

ploto
12-04-2007, 12:36 AM
Right, because you're the hot bitch that has nice big titties but you aren't a little slutty whore like all the rest.
No- that would be me. :D

Steve Irwin
12-04-2007, 12:40 AM
Simmer down.

In case you hadn't noticed, I've been actually contributing to your thread instead of acting like an ass.
You took out an important part of my quote.

TheSanityAnnex
12-04-2007, 12:53 AM

Any guy who says to avoid hot chicks is seriously lacking in self confidence. You start at the top and then work your way down.

A lot of guys are intimidated by hot girls, and they shouldn't be. Most of these "10's" are not hit on all that often because guys are so intimidated by them, which actually makes them easier to "pick up". (using "pick up" in the broadest terms). Have you never seen a guy with a girl that looks way out of his league and wondered.........."how'd he get her?". Guess what Einstein, he hit on her.

I've met many hot bitches, I've met many ugly bitches. Any girl can be a bitch, and any girl can be a good fuck. Might as well get a hot one that can please you in the bedroom right?

Don't listen to RuffOZ and his advice.

CuckingFunt
12-04-2007, 12:55 AM
You took out an important part of my quote.Doesn't matter if you were joking or not, you still went there.

mrsmaalox
12-04-2007, 01:08 AM
I've met many hot bitches, I've met many ugly bitches. Any girl can be a bitch, and any girl can be a good fuck. Might as well get a hot one that can please you in the bedroom right?

DAMN you are such a cocksman! That is not an insult, more like a term of endearment, but give the poor kid a chance to figure out what the heck is going on. He needs to learn to how to walk before he can fly!!!

ehz33satx
12-04-2007, 01:43 AM
Right, because you're the hot bitch that has nice big titties but you aren't a little slutty whore like all the rest. Okay, just kidding.

No wonder you have not had many experiences with woman. Learn to treat them like ladies first. Show some respect. That's the difference between a boy (you) and a man (me). I know what you only wish you knew.

THE SIXTH MAN
12-04-2007, 01:59 AM
Any guy who says to avoid hot chicks is seriously lacking in self confidence. You start at the top and then work your way down.

A lot of guys are intimidated by hot girls, and they shouldn't be. Most of these "10's" are not hit on all that often because guys are so intimidated by them, which actually makes them easier to "pick up". (using "pick up" in the broadest terms). Have you never seen a guy with a girl that looks way out of his league and wondered.........."how'd he get her?". Guess what Einstein, he hit on her.

A fuckin men ! What some people in this thread fail to understand is that girls are so different this day in age. Especially at Norcals age. The nice little chicas aren't going for the old school nice shy type of dudes. What those girls want are the guys with confidence. Border line arrogant. I never understood why some are scared of rejection. I mean the worst a girl can tell you is no. And if she does tell you no, well guess what she's not the only girl in the world! Besides norcals still very young. Live like it brah! And dont be afraid!

UV Ray
12-04-2007, 02:08 AM
That's not my problem at all...I don't have a problem getting dates...and even if I did, I'm not going to ask 40 women out in the hopes that one of them will fuck me...that's why women think guys only want sex. That's why being nice doesn't work a lot of the time in the first place. Because guys see...ooh female, I like. Without giving it much other consideration. And IME. Women see right through that shit.

And in truth the women thinking those guys just want sex are right, because guys that take that approach are just looking for sex...and let's face it, in about 60% of a man's relationships...as it is ending, the first thought that runs through his mind is that is could potentially be a while before he gets laid again...unless he's got someone else lined up...I'm sure it's similar for women. And again...I think most of the time the woman knows the guys biggest hang up is that he doesn't want to go without getting laid for a month.

And in truth...it most likely will be a while before he gets laid again....because women don''t want to be called sluts.

I'll pass on the numbers game/meat market scene pretty much...getting a date is not my problem. I don't have some maniacal urge to be in any relationship I can get my hands on....

Works for me! And I've never been happier.

TDMVPDPOY
12-04-2007, 02:24 AM
thats why in todays day and age

you see alot of hot biatches going out with wangsters and dude with money/security financially,

at the end of the day when that relationship doesnt work, the shy guys who do nothing will reap the buy 1 get 1 free :(:(....

Man of Steel
12-04-2007, 04:19 AM

I was just thinking how much I disagreed with you with I saw what you posted about me.

And before I rip your thread apart, thanks very much for the sweet compliment. :)

That said...
As to your first point...
If a guy likes me, I would not want him to put off saying so.

Granted, it would help his case if we had spoken a few times or at least long enough to where I felt he had, had time to learn something about me.

The guys that walk up and immediately start hitting on me are a turn off but so are the guys who think I am cute, funny, whatever but are afraid to tell me.
I don't want a boy friend who is timid and scared, especially of me!

Regarding your second point...

If a girl 1) does not find a guy to be interesting enough to call and/or 2) does not respect or regard him enough to return his calls, then she is not worth his time.

Don't play her game. Don't seek revenge. Just pity the fool who will encounter her next.

All I ask of any guy is that they be honest about who he is and that he has a genuine interest in who I am.

If I can't respect and befriend a guy, no matter how cute he is, I won't even consider dating him.

That rule has meant a lot less dates but it has also prevented a lot of wasted time and broken hearts.
So to me it is worth it.

Dear Angel:

We may not disagree that much after all.

For rule number 1--not letting a woman know how much you like her too early--I think the operative words are "too early."

What is too early?

Probably should have at least a couple of dates under your belt. Make sure she is not skank, a drama queen, etc.

Also--I still maintain--women appear to still want some "mystique"--a guy who lets his guard down too early may wind up ruining his chances of letting a good relationship really develop.

Angel--you are describing a dating world as it should be--one that exists for you and for the men lucky enough to get to know you on a personal level.

As for the guys who are hung up on the hotties...

Been there--done that.

It all depends on your definition of "hot."

Remember "Gilligan's Island"?

(I know--I know--I am showing my age--I am probably older than alot of people here).

Everyone was getting hung up on Ginger.

Any guy with half a brain knew the real jewel was sweet, kind, sincere, adorable Mary Ann. She had all of the personality traits desirable in a woman--and quite honestly--in my book--she was far more attractive than the movie star.

In fact--for years--people used to say you could tell alot about a guy depending on which woman he would prefer to be with.

I am betting that Angel is a definite Mary Ann, which is great--guys need to keep their cards close to their vest with the vast majority of women until they meet their own Angel/Mary Ann.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p179/clark101857/DawnWells.jpg

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-04-2007, 04:59 AM
Okay, I obviously have to explain where I am coming from because you got me all wrong.

I didn't say "that all "hot" girls are inherently evil/bitchy/manipulative/shallow" - what I said is that hot chicks, who are usually in the "cool set", are not going to pay much attention to someone else who isn't at their social level. Remember, we are talking about HIGH SCHOOL here. If Norcal is a really good looking guy, and one of the cool kids, then sure, he's got a chance, but if he's not part of that set he is setting himself up for disappointment - at least that was my experience of high school.

I didn't say that he shouldn't try to pick up "hot chicks" - my comment was about the fact that high school is cliquey and if he's not in the same league as her then he's probably setting himself up for failure. I don't believe that applies to life in general, but high school is a bitch like that.

As to your implication that I have no confidence with women, I don't behave this way today - I get to know whoever takes my fancy. However, when I was at high school, I always went for the "hot chicks", and I was always disappointed because they didn't want a bar of me... in fact, that's wrong, I was the guy whose shoulder they cried on and I was too young and foolish to be anything but the dependable friend they wanted me to be.

The crux of what I'm saying is this: if I could have it all over again, I would still have been the shoulder to cry on for the hotties, but at the same time I would have gone out with any of a number of girls who weren't the hottest around, but who were nice, cute in their own way, and interested in me. That is the wisdom I'm trying to impart to Norcal, although I admit that I wasn't overly clear in my first explanation.

Key thought - HIGH SCHOOL: SOCIAL FREAKIN MINEFIELD.

angel_luv
12-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Dear Angel:

We may not disagree that much after all.

You are good people. :)

mrsmaalox
12-04-2007, 11:41 AM
thats why in todays day and age

you see alot of hot biatches going out with wangsters and dude with money/security financially,

at the end of the day when that relationship doesnt work, the shy guys who do nothing will reap the buy 1 get 1 free :(:(....
LOL "wangster" is a funny word!

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-04-2007, 12:28 PM
No.

But then he called.

I never new Yao could be such an A-hole. Although he may have just suspected you were using him to get to Rasho.

angel_luv
12-04-2007, 12:31 PM
I never new Yao could be such an A-hole. Although he may have just suspected you were using him to get to Rasho.

You're funny.

But Rasho is the one who has Yao's number not the other way around. :)

whottt
12-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Works for me! And I've never been happier.

I never said it didn't work....

whottt
12-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Sanity is right that the way a woman looks has nothing to do with if she's a bitch or not. Looks have nothing to do with it really...although I do think the hot ones get hit on more and have less patience for cheesy pickup lines...and I've met a few that think men are interested in them only for their looks...which kind of makes you wonder why they go to so much trouble do make themselves look good.

Anyway...Norcal, I'm no relationship expert but I have learned a couple of things you can be sure of...

#1. If you like a girl and a bunch of friends, especially girls that are friends...are telling you the girl is a bitch, and they know her? Believe them...it may seem mean...but you'll save yourself a whole lot of headaches. THey know what she says about guys...or about you, behind your back. You may think people are trying to meddle or are jealous or whatever...they aren't...they're looking out for you.

#2. IF this particular chick is a wild party girl and she's already dated a couple of your friends...she's making the rounds on your group of friends. Don't even think about taking her seriously. She got the Yoko complex.

Extra Stout
12-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Go up to her and lick her face. Chicks dig that.

UV Ray
12-05-2007, 02:35 AM
Go up to her and lick her face. Chicks dig that.

As sung about by Chevy Chase in the role of Ty Webb in the movie Caddyshack:

I was born to love you / I was born to lick your face / I was born to rub you / but you were born to rub me first

Fillmoe
12-05-2007, 02:52 AM
fuck her in the ass throw her over the bay bridge......

whottt
12-05-2007, 03:20 AM
A fuckin men ! What some people in this thread fail to understand is that girls are so different this day in age. Especially at Norcals age. The nice little chicas aren't going for the old school nice shy type of dudes. What those girls want are the guys with confidence. Border line arrogant. I never understood why some are scared of rejection. I mean the worst a girl can tell you is no. And if she does tell you no, well guess what she's not the only girl in the world! Besides norcals still very young. Live like it brah! And dont be afraid!

Girls were like that back when I was in school too...and that was a pretty long time ago. Actually I think young girls have always been like that...that girls liking shy guys thing is made for TV crap. It's a nerdy guys fantasy. Wish fufillment...and those guys are usually the ones that wind up becoming writers.

It's just like Superman...big time nerd as Clark Kent who is actually the most powerful dude on the planet...that's a nerds wish fufillment. And Lois didn't like shy Clark...she wanted Superman.

I mean some girls might actually like shy guys...but those aren't the common girls.

On the shy thing...You guys can spin it however you want it and play yourself off as studs or whatever...

But if you really like a chick...you're gonna be nervous 99% of the time, unless you're drunk or something...and if she really likes you, she's going to be nervous too. That's what sets them apart...because they do make you nervous.

That's like saying you won't be nervous on the day you get married...the hell you won't.

Unless you're just completely ego-centric or narcissistic....or something. If you don't really like them that much...it's not that big of a deal. But if it's the girl you just have to have above all others, I mean the girl...of course you're going to be worried about what if she says no. I don't care how much of a stud you are...if you are normal, you're going to be nervous, at least I always was. And you know what...if they really are into you, they're going to be so nervous they aren't going to notice that you're nervous.

And you know...I asked my ex-wife to marry me on our third date(our first date was dinner and a movie, and then spending the night over at her place :smokin)...so it's not like I was afraid to put my guts on the line or anything...I was still nervous as shit, my heart was racing, felt like I was going to pass out...and I was about 99% certain she was going to say yes(and she did). It was still nerve wracking. IMO, if you start telling yourself you aren't going to be a little bit nervous about doing something like that, or that you shouldn't be...you are in for a rude awakening when you actually try it. Unless she's just another girl.

Man of Steel
12-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Angel--

Dump Beno and Rasho.

I found a new guy for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKdXZ9LGS2M

SequSpur
12-05-2007, 07:45 PM
how in the shit do you take advice from women that post on an internet forum all day and all night long?

you might want to look else where.....

THE SIXTH MAN
12-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Girls were like that back when I was in school too...and that was a pretty long time ago. Actually I think young girls have always been like that...that girls liking shy guys thing is made for TV crap. It's a nerdy guys fantasy. Wish fufillment...and those guys are usually the ones that wind up becoming writers.

It's just like Superman...big time nerd as Clark Kent who is actually the most powerful dude on the planet...that's a nerds wish fufillment. And Lois didn't like shy Clark...she wanted Superman.

I mean some girls might actually like shy guys...but those aren't the common girls.

On the shy thing...You guys can spin it however you want it and play yourself off as studs or whatever...

But if you really like a chick...you're gonna be nervous 99% of the time, unless you're drunk or something...and if she really likes you, she's going to be nervous too. That's what sets them apart...because they do make you nervous.

That's like saying you won't be nervous on the day you get married...the hell you won't.

Unless you're just completely ego-centric or narcissistic....or something. If you don't really like them that much...it's not that big of a deal. But if it's the girl you just have to have above all others, I mean the girl...of course you're going to be worried about what if she says no. I don't care how much of a stud you are...if you are normal, you're going to be nervous, at least I always was. And you know what...if they really are into you, they're going to be so nervous they aren't going to notice that you're nervous.

And you know...I asked my ex-wife to marry me on our third date(our first date was dinner and a movie, and then spending the night over at her place :smokin)...so it's not like I was afraid to put my guts on the line or anything...I was still nervous as shit, my heart was racing, felt like I was going to pass out...and I was about 99% certain she was going to say yes(and she did). It was still nerve wracking. IMO, if you start telling yourself you aren't going to be a little bit nervous about doing something like that, or that you shouldn't be...you are in for a rude awakening when you actually try it. Unless she's just another girl.
:tu

Steve Irwin
12-06-2007, 12:56 AM
i feel ya breh breh

Fillmoe's Dad
12-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Fillmoe if you don't get off that damned internet and stop using this horrible language I'm going to outsource you back to India, you ungrateful son! Go wash your turban and stop wiping your hands on it after you finish masturbating!

ATRAIN
12-06-2007, 09:40 AM
Fillmoe if you don't get off that damned internet and stop using this horrible language I'm going to outsource you back to India, you ungrateful son! Go wash your turban and stop wiping your hands on it after you finish masturbating!

LOL we need another Filmoe Family Reunion.