PDA

View Full Version : Book made with human skin goes on the block this Sunday.

BacktoBasics
12-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Here’s something gruesome - a book made from human skin is being auctioned off this Sunday. You can even make out a ghostly image of a face on the cover:

A macabre 17th century book about the execution of Gunpowder Plot conspirator Father Henry Garnet believed to be bound in the priest’s own skin will go under the hammer this Sunday.

Perhaps most spooky of all, some claim to see an image of the priest’s tortured face peering out of the anthropodermic binding of ‘A True and Perfect Relation of the Whole Proceedings against the Late Most Barbarous Traitors, Garnet a Jesuit and his Confederats’.

http://www.neatorama.com/2007/11/28/book-made-from-human-skin/

johnsmith
12-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Now listen up, you primitive screwheads. See this? This... is my boomstick! The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You *got* that?

Al Gore
12-01-2007, 11:00 AM
johnsmith don't get so excited it's not made of foreskin.

samikeyp
12-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Now listen up, you primitive screwheads. See this? This... is my boomstick! The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You *got* that?

:lmao

:tu

MaNuMaNiAc
12-01-2007, 12:11 PM
WTF would buy something like this...

BacktoBasics
12-01-2007, 12:26 PM
I would find it to be an amazing piece of history.

desflood
12-01-2007, 01:23 PM
Cool.

And...

Ewww.

AZLouis
12-01-2007, 02:01 PM
WTF would buy something like this...

American singer-songwriter Marilyn Manson squandered his band's profits on skeletons - including one of a girl - according to his former keyboard player.

Stephen "Pogo" Bier - who played for Manson as Madonna Wayne Gacy - says the 38-year-old also bought African masks made of human skin.

Bier filed a breach of contract lawsuit in August in which he accused Manson of taking cash belonging to the rest of the band to pay for "sick and disturbing purchases of Nazi memorabilia and taxidermy (including the skeleton of a young Chinese girl)".

I believe you have your answer.
Link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=496128&in_page_id=1773)

mrsmaalox
12-01-2007, 04:16 PM
I couldn't buy it; it would be a bitch trying to keep it away from my DOG!

Cant_Be_Faded
12-01-2007, 05:26 PM
What is this, the Necronomicon?

Shaolin-Style
12-01-2007, 06:19 PM
I'd buy it and burn it if I had money to throw around.

johnsmith.
12-02-2007, 10:43 AM
johnsmith don't get so excited it's not made of foreskin.

If it was I would lick every page! :)