PDA

View Full Version : What other teams would give up to get Manu?

urunobili
12-01-2007, 09:04 PM
i wonder what y'all think about that... he has been playing impressively lately so i think it's a good time to get your opinion... Arenas? Redd? I'm all ears... :hungry:

mystargtr34
12-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Hard to say... given his age i dont see Washington or the Bucks giving up either of those guys... but i do think Manu is right there as a player.

baseline bum
12-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Their left nut?

TDMVPDPOY
12-01-2007, 09:55 PM
redd is overrated

dude plays no defense

Dave McNulla
12-01-2007, 09:58 PM
judging from what they've told me, mav fans would stop liking the mavs if ginobili went to their team. i think they are lying. i think they'd have a love affair with his play immediately.

bdictjames
12-01-2007, 10:56 PM
redd is overrated

dude plays no defense
And to think this guy was known as a premier defender in his college days.

There are some players I could trade for Ginobili, but I wouldn't do it. This guy just gives you wins. And he's proven.

Fabbs
12-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Even with his narcisstic whiney personality the Spurs would consider Kome for Manu.

Walter Craparita
12-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Any team would give up something to get Manu.

Manu is on the highest level you can get to. He is just flat out a CHAMPION. He has the most heart out of anyone in the league. His constant pesky defense changes games. He gets smacked in the face and he kicks it up 10 more levels to just dominate the game.

jay014
12-01-2007, 11:30 PM
Josh Smith and 1st rounder.

inconvertible
12-01-2007, 11:47 PM
only kobe compares to manu.....for sheer impact on a game.

Matchman
12-02-2007, 01:07 AM
McGrady for Ginobili + Finley + 1st rounder

jag
12-02-2007, 01:50 AM
only kobe compares to manu.....for sheer impact on a game.

wow, i hope you're 11 years old...and even then i'm not sure that would justify such a statement.

Manu works well in this system, he's obviously a good fit for the spurs, but there are many players that would be just as good a fit. I love the guy, but to say that these players ...Tmac, kobe, Lebron, dwight howard, amare, steve nash, garnett, ray allen...couldnt impact a game as he can is ridiculous.

mikekim
12-02-2007, 02:07 AM
wow, i hope you're 11 years old...and even then i'm not sure that would justify such a statement.

Manu works well in this system, he's obviously a good fit for the spurs, but there are many players that would be just as good a fit. I love the guy, but to say that these players ...Tmac, kobe, Lebron, dwight howard, amare, steve nash, garnett, ray allen...couldnt impact a game as he can is ridiculous.

I agree...except for ray allen and dumbass amare (the ultimate example of benefiting from a "system").

And...how many of those guys would willingly play, on average, 30 or less minutes a night coming off the bench? This isn't to say that they're not better or more talented than Manu. And it also proves that Manu is a perfect fit for our system, but I'm not so sure about just any elite player being able to be plugged in, in place of Manu.

lefty
12-02-2007, 02:57 AM
Josh Smith and 1st rounder.

Best joke of 2007

bresilhac
12-02-2007, 06:22 AM
McGrady for Ginobili + Finley + 1st rounder

Are you kidding me? A proven champion for a proven choker? Plus Fin? I don't think so.

romain.star
12-02-2007, 07:15 AM
Are you kidding me? A proven champion for a proven choker? Plus Fin? I don't think so.

Difference between Manu the proven champion and Tmac the proven choker?

TIM DUNCAN

urunobili
12-02-2007, 07:43 AM
Gerald Wallace +Okafor? ANYONE?

kuato
12-02-2007, 08:21 AM

TIM DUNCAN --------> What if ... you put Yao and Ginobili on the same team ? :P , Manu is an all star by himself, not because of TD, but some people just don't see that because Manu is a team player.

romain.star
12-02-2007, 08:41 AM
--------> What if ... you put Yao and Ginobili on the same team ? :P , Manu is an all star by himself, not because of TD, but some people just don't see that because Manu is a team player.

good for him ! But we all know that Manu and Tony are proven winners (in the NBA) because they play in TD's team. None of them would have a ring without him...

manubili
12-02-2007, 09:42 AM
Duncan wouldn't have his last two rings if it wasn't fo Manu and Tony either. That's the beauty of the Spurs and bball in general.

SouthernFried
12-02-2007, 10:13 AM
I wouldn't trade anyone for Manu. Not Kobe, not lebron...no one.

urunobili
12-02-2007, 10:28 AM
I wouldn't trade anyone for Manu. Not Kobe, not lebron...no one.
the thread is about what do you think OTHER teams (not if we would trade him ourselves) would give for him :pctoss

diego
12-02-2007, 11:50 AM

TIM DUNCAN

tmac is a second round virgin who hasnt won anything in his career, outside of an allstar game or the fiba america tourney (maybe his HS team won a championship?). manu has won everywhere he's played except the WC, including an olympics against duncan (where he totally outplayed him btw). am i implying manu is better than duncan? of course not. im just showing he is not dependent on him. and tracy cant exactly say he doesnt have help anymore. is it that hard to make it to the 2nd round, east or west?

diego
12-02-2007, 11:58 AM
anyways no one can really trade for manu- his contract is a total bargain for the way he is playing, and as long as he has that value the spurs wouldn't get equal value back- they'd have to include a bunch of players to match salary with someone who could fill manu's role, and thus open up more holes. if manu becomes injury prone, and starts settling for jumpers in the 4th (like, say, tmac :p: ), then maybe the spurs will decide his contract doesnt justify his production and settle for less.

romain.star
12-02-2007, 12:03 PM
tmac is a second round virgin who hasnt won anything in his career, outside of an allstar game or the fiba america tourney (maybe his HS team won a championship?). manu has won everywhere he's played except the WC, including an olympics against duncan (where he totally outplayed him btw). am i implying manu is better than duncan? of course not. im just showing he is not dependent on him. and tracy cant exactly say he doesnt have help anymore. is it that hard to make it to the 2nd round, east or west?

i'm not talking FIBA... the difference between Tmac and Manu IN THE NBA is TD. Period

Deimosfobos
12-02-2007, 12:08 PM
i'm not talking FIBA... the difference between Tmac and Manu IN THE NBA is TD. Period

Yeah, because Yao doesn't help at all...

People like you that think all success Manu had is only because of TD make me sick, and is the main reason i sometimes hate he's such a team player.

diego
12-02-2007, 12:13 PM
no, there are more differences, manu's style is better suited to winning than tmacs, and where manu will play injured and be emotionally attached to the outcome, tmac will be on the bench yawning as his team blows another lead. tmac is the more skilled player, but manu is the bigger competitor, and duncan has nothing to do with that.

romain.star
12-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Yeah, because Yao doesn't help at all...

People like you that think all success Manu had is only because of TD make me sick, and is the main reason i sometimes hate he's such a team player.

he is a great team player, i agree
he is a huge competitor i agree
but without TD, he just wouldn't have 3 rings right now

SpurOutofTownFan
12-02-2007, 01:20 PM

I disagree. Manu has won championships on any team he has played with. I'm not saying he is the reason why the spurs won 3 but he's definitely a proven winner. We will probably never know whether he could have won without TD though.

wildbill2u
12-02-2007, 01:23 PM
You have to factor in Manu's age if you're a GM. At 30, how many years has he got left in him, especially with his all-out style of play.

You play the percentages and don't give up younger great player for older great player so that doesn't leave many teams with a good trading position unless they're a lottery team willing to give up a player and 1st round draft pick.

Hmmm. David Lee and the Knick's first round pick next year? No Isaiah would never go for it. He'd insist on their next TWO first round picks.

remingtonbo2001
12-02-2007, 02:00 PM
DWIGHT HOWARD.

I'm sorry Manu, I love you. But if I could, I'd trade you for Dwight.
Yeah, go ahead and throw Finley in there as well.

SouthernFried
12-02-2007, 02:20 PM

Dumbest statement I've heard in here for awhile now.

Manu didn't have TD when he won European championships.

Manu didn't have TD when he won the Olympics.

To ignore what Manu has done EVERYWHERE, including the NBA is silliness. How many rings/championships does Manu have without TD. Now, how many does TD have without Manu :p:

Manu is Manu, with, or without Duncan. And if you think the only difference between Tmac and Manu, is TD...

:drunk

And Dwight Howard would make me think a little bit :spin

jman3000
12-02-2007, 02:32 PM
:lol i think manu has risen his stock too much with his recent play... all these damned "hypothetical trade manu threads".

romain.star
12-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Dumbest statement I've heard in here for awhile now.

Manu didn't have TD when he won European championships.

Manu didn't have TD when he won the Olympics.

To ignore what Manu has done EVERYWHERE, including the NBA is silliness. How many rings/championships does Manu have without TD. Now, how many does TD have without Manu :p:

Manu is Manu, with, or without Duncan. And if you think the only difference between Tmac and Manu, is TD...

:drunk

And Dwight Howard would make me think a little bit :spin

Hey, my point is that Manu can't lead a NBA team to the title (i'm not talking FIBA here).
If you truly believe he could have had a ring without TD, you're just biased

SAGambler
12-02-2007, 02:54 PM

Manu has won on many teams that didn't include Tim Duncan.

TD has nothing to do with the competitive heart that Manu plays the game with.

Without Manu, TD could be shy a few rings also.

TD is no longer the beginning, the middle, and the end of the Spurs. Some people just can't bring themselves to believe that.

12-02-2007, 04:06 PM
anyways no one can really trade for manu- his contract is a total bargain for the way he is playing, and as long as he has that value the spurs wouldn't get equal value back- they'd have to include a bunch of players to match salary with someone who could fill manu's role, and thus open up more holes. if manu becomes injury prone, and starts settling for jumpers in the 4th (like, say, tmac :p: ), :pctoss then maybe the spurs will decide his contract doesnt justify his production and settle for less.

ynh
12-02-2007, 06:50 PM
We'd throw you Rip and maybe Amir or a first.

Darkwaters
12-02-2007, 06:52 PM
"Squeaky" Johnson, Anthony Fuqua, Kevin Pittsnogle and a D-League 5th rounder.

I have no doubt the Toros would trade all that for Manu. You might even talk them into a 3rd rounder instead...

urunobili
12-02-2007, 08:09 PM
:lol i think manu has risen his stock too much with his recent play... all these damned "hypothetical trade manu threads".
don't post if you don;t like it.... this is just to see what people is believeing out there about how much value he actually has on the NBA market (that goes for people talking about D-League shit) :music

LEN BIAS 4EVER
12-03-2007, 06:25 AM
Manu and the Spurs never win an NBA title without Duncan on the roster.

That's not even debatable.

Not even close.

In 2003 the Spurs win the title without Manu. He was in his first season with the Spurs and we didn't rely on him in clutch situations yet.

2005 and 2007 and 2008 no Manu no title.

diego
12-03-2007, 09:06 AM
i guess TD wasnt able to win an olympic gold, because he didnt have manu there to help him...

therefore, in the olympics, the difference between TD and say, shareef abdur rahim, is jason kidd- its not possible that there is anything important about the comparison beyond the results (SAR and jkidd 1, TD 0) :bang

romain.star, why dont you address the other differences between tmac and manu i mentioned? dont worry this discussion will soon be moot, once tmac decides hes made enough money and that getting to the 2nd round is too difficult to bother "trying".

urunobili
12-03-2007, 09:37 AM
i guess TD wasnt able to win an olympic gold, because he didnt have manu there to help him...

therefore, in the olympics, the difference between TD and say, shareef abdur rahim, is jason kidd- its not possible that there is anything important about the comparison beyond the results (SAR and jkidd 1, TD 0) :bang

romain.star, why dont you address the other differences between tmac and manu i mentioned? dont worry this discussion will soon be moot, once tmac decides hes made enough money and that getting to the 2nd round is too difficult to bother "trying".
i think Tim should have never played for Team USA and should have played for the virgin islands in amateur sports... that's the reason why he probably didn;t succeed... :pctoss