PDA

View Full Version : Official West Virginia Football Thread

Thunder Dan
12-01-2007, 10:51 PM
http://sayhey.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/choke.jpg
http://graphics.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//Headline_Archives/10.2_Ozzie_choke_BDD.jpg
http://www.tennis.com/uploadedImages/Your_Game/Sports_Science/2006_04_19_choke.jpg
http://l.yimg.com/www.flickr.com/images/spaceball.gif

Walter Craparita
12-01-2007, 10:54 PM
These refs are fucking crooked.

It's a shame sports makes so much money.

I'm no fan of either team but these refs are giving WV every chance they can give.

ShoogarBear
12-01-2007, 10:55 PM
Unbelievable choke job. The choke job to end all choke jobs.

Thunder Dan
12-01-2007, 10:56 PM
The Big East is trying to fix this game; normally people say that when they are just upset, but this is the most obvious fix I've ever seen

Flo-Rida
12-01-2007, 11:07 PM
These refs are fucking crooked.

It's a shame sports makes so much money.

I'm no fan of either team but these refs are giving WV every chance they can give.
yes there was a holding that should have never been called and then they dont even call pass interference when u can see clearly the wv player held him

Extra Stout
12-01-2007, 11:19 PM
The Big East is trying to fix this game; normally people say that when they are just upset, but this is the most obvious fix I've ever seen
It didn't work.

The first time Pat White threw into the end zone, I was expecting a phantom interference call, but it didn't come. Sanity prevailed.

thispego
12-01-2007, 11:20 PM
yew juss kant do thengs like thet

Thunder Dan
12-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Patrick and Blackledge where calling all the bad calls, normally they soften it up. Oddly, Blackledge is my next door neighbor, I'm gonna ask him what he really thinks sometime this week

MajorMike
12-02-2007, 09:35 AM
You are saying the Big East crooked the game for Pitt to win?

Thunder Dan
12-02-2007, 10:54 AM
You are saying the Big East crooked the game for Pitt to win?

no they made calls in WV favor to get them to the title game. A phantom holding call to bring a TD back that would have made it 17-7 Pitt, then another phantom holding call when Pitt went 10 yards on 3rd and 4 with 3 minutes left. Then after all of that, they called a personal foul for excessive celebration after Pitt stopped them on 4th down with under 2 minutes left to take them to the 8 yardline. They showed the replay and the kid was just jumping up with his teammates.

StylisticS
12-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Yeah, if anybody seen the game it was obvious what the big east was doing. That celebration penalty was horrible as well. But two holding calls to take away a touchdown and a first down took the cake. There was no holding on either play.

Thunder Dan
12-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Yeah, if anybody seen the game it was obvious what the big east was doing. That celebration penalty was horrible as well. But two holding calls to take away a touchdown and a first down took the cake. There was no holding on either play.

yeah Pitt outplayed them the whole game and beat WV and the refs. The Big East should ne punished for that.

NoMoneyDown
12-03-2007, 10:58 AM
I agree. Rodriguez summed it up best in the post-game conference by saying it was a nightmare. They had opportunity after opportunity to just put the game away, but they seemed to play lethargic the whole game (not to say Pitt didn't play exceptionally well). I said this to others after the loss to USF and it rang true with this game ... as Pat White goes, so does WVU. Slaton used to be the workhorse that carried the team before this year, but it's all on Pat White's shoulders and it showed. WVU looked absolutely lost without him him - no leadership and no determination. He IS this team.

Still, they had about the kind of season I expected (2 losses), so I'm not totally disappointed. I laid out several prognastications in the preseason here about WVU and Texas:

1. Both teams would be good, but neither team would be good enough to vye for the NC. Okay, I was wrong about this as WVU was in the hunt until their mind-blowing defeat in the last week.

2. WVU was better than Texas. People can still argue this point, but the records speak for themselves: 2 losses vs. 3 losses, #9 ranking vs. #19 ranking, etc.

3. WVU would go to a bigger bowl than Texas. Fiesta vs. Holiday.

BTW, should be an interesting matchup between OU and WVU in the Fiesta bowl.

Plus, next year should prove to be quite interesting as WVU returns almost their entire offense, including White, Slaton, Devine, and most of the O-line, not to mention their defense will be even more improved.

Thunder Dan
12-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Plus, next year should prove to be quite interesting as WVU returns almost their entire offense, including White, Slaton, Devine, and most of the O-line, not to mention their defense will be even more improved.

Next season should be awesome for college football. Georgia returns almost everyone, Ohio State brings back 20 starters, Texas and Oklahoma bring back a ton, WV brings back most of the offense, and USC always have a ton of talent.

NoMoneyDown
12-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Next season should be awesome for college football. Georgia returns almost everyone, Ohio State brings back 20 starters, Texas and Oklahoma bring back a ton, WV brings back most of the offense, and USC always have a ton of talent.

Exactly. I heard Mizzou will be back stronger, too. Kansas? ASU?

samikeyp
12-03-2007, 11:05 AM

Assuming White and Slaton come back.

Thunder Dan
12-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Assuming White and Slaton come back.

White has basically no future in the NFL. If Troy Smith is a 3rd string, White isn't going to sniff the NFL as a QB. I've never heard of a QB leaving to become a WR in the NFL.

Slaton would leave in a heartbeat if he had the year people expected him to. His situation will be fun to see. There is nothing for RBs this year after McFadden, so he could go high, but he basically had a bust for a season when you consider what he did in 2006 and how much they run the ball at WV. I bet he leaves

degenerate_gambler
12-03-2007, 12:14 PM
I bet he leaves

I think he's gone too.

samikeyp
12-03-2007, 01:43 PM
White has basically no future in the NFL. If Troy Smith is a 3rd string, White isn't going to sniff the NFL as a QB. I've never heard of a QB leaving to become a WR in the NFL.

I agree...but that doesn't mean he won't go.

NoMoneyDown
12-03-2007, 02:52 PM
I believe WVU has a history of players staying on through their senior season, but that doesn't mean to say White, Slaton, and/or anyone will bolt. IF they stay on, I don't see anyone else in the BE being much of a threat for the crown again next year.

ShoogarBear
12-04-2007, 12:13 AM
Next season should be awesome for college football. Georgia returns almost everyone, Ohio State brings back 20 starters, Texas and Oklahoma bring back a ton, WV brings back most of the offense, and USC always have a ton of talent.And Notre Dame will still suck. :elephant:elephant:elephant:elephant:elephant

Light Grenades
12-04-2007, 12:26 AM
I'll drink to that! well, if their recruiting class is half as good as advertised...

jackspar
08-30-2008, 08:04 AM
The West Virginia Mountaineers football team represents West Virginia University in the NCAA FBS division of college football. The Mountaineers current head coach is Bill Stewart, who is the team's 32nd head coach in school history. The team celebrates their latest bowl victory over the Oklahoma Sooners in the 2008 Fiesta Bowl, 48-28.
West Virginia has only had undefeated regular seasons in 1988, when it went to the National Championship in the Fiesta Bowl to face University of Notre Dame, and in 1993, when they went to the Sugar Bowl to face University of Florida. However, West Virginia lost both bowl games, 34-21 to Notre Dame, and 41-7 to Florida. Both undefeated regular seasons were under their coach Don Nehlen. WVU's worst season was in 1978, having only won 2 of 11 games.
_______
jackspar.
West Virginia Alcohol Addiction Treatment (http://www.alcoholaddiction.org/west-virginia)