PDA

View Full Version : Go Yao! First NBA ejection!

DOMINATOR
12-02-2007, 12:53 AM
about time he got pissed and got ejected. beno drove into yao just standing there and yao gets called for the foul. 6th foul starts yelling at the refs... grabbed a towel yelled "thats bullshit" (easy to lip read that) threw the towel out on the court. technical + ejection
they should just go ahead and make it a rule you can't be 7'6" and from china.
:smokin

Indazone
12-02-2007, 12:57 AM
Freaking Beno Udrih...the scrub is a curse on all Texans!

Matchman
12-02-2007, 01:00 AM
You can see from Udrih's reaction (Fist in the air) that he was NOT looking to score but to foul out Yao Ming. I am not blaming this on Udrih or Theus on this play, this is exactly what they should do in a game like this.

Two reason why Yao got that foul:
Rafer Alston: Yes, its on you again rafer, you stay in front of your man and you foul him when it is nessesary. Getting blown by is inexcusable.
The Refs: Jason Kidd said it the best: "THREE BLIND MICE". They are either gambling or they are really racist.

By the way, had any SuperStar played for 6 years without an ejection?

mavsfan1000
12-02-2007, 01:52 AM
Haha Yao got ejected. He is such a whiner. Surprised he hasn't gotten ejected more often.

anakha
12-02-2007, 01:54 AM
Looking at the boxscore...

Man, Adelman really freed up that Rocket offense as promised, didn't he?

whottt
12-02-2007, 02:12 AM
By the way, had any SuperStar played for 6 years without an ejection?

I'd argue exactly how much of a SuperStar Yao really is...he gets a lot of All Star Votes I guess...and he's finally started to play like one the last couple of years. I wouldn't call him a Superstar though..but if he is a SuperStar...then there are a lot of SuperStars that never got ejected through their first 6 years.

mystargtr34
12-02-2007, 02:23 AM
Yao is a top 10 player in the league

Matchman
12-02-2007, 02:27 AM
I'd argue exactly how much of a SuperStar Yao really is...he gets a lot of All Star Votes I guess...and he's finally started to play like one the last couple of years. I wouldn't call him a Superstar though..but if he is a SuperStar...then there are a lot of SuperStars that never got ejected through their first 6 years.

He is the 2nd Best center right now who draws more double-team than any other big man in the league. No coach dares to NOT double team him. Tonight the Kings tried to use only one defender on Yao in the 1st quarter and he immediately torched them by 16pts in that quarter. If he is not a superstar then i dont know who is.

The most fucked up part is that teams run double team on Yao even before he gets the ball and our shooters still cant hit a wide open jump shot. 3 of our starters combined for 11 points tonight. Maybe thats the reason Yao gets so many douoble-teams

mavsfan1000
12-02-2007, 02:30 AM
Yao is a top 10 player in the league
:lol

whottt
12-02-2007, 02:31 AM
In any case...Jason Kidd, Ray Allen, Vince Carter....all went years before getting ejected...:lmao I remember...because the first time Ray Allen and Vince Carter got ejected in their careers it was because of Bruce Bowen a couple of years ago. Finley too IIRC...

Tony Parker and Manu have yet to be ejected.

whottt
12-02-2007, 02:36 AM
He is the 2nd Best center right now who draws more double-team than any other big man in the league. No coach dares to NOT double team him. Tonight the Kings tried to use only one defender on Yao in the 1st quarter and he immediately torched them by 16pts in that quarter. If he is not a superstar then i dont know who is.

The most fucked up part is that teams run double team on Yao even before he gets the ball and our shooters still cant hit a wide open jump shot. 3 of our starters combined for 11 points tonight. Maybe thats the reason Yao gets so many douoble-teams

He also has no MVPs, no league stat titles in any category, and he's never made it out of the first round of the playoffs. It's arguable if he's even the best player on his team.

What he has...is a sload of All Star Votes.

Like I said...lacking any kind of mark for what constitutes a Superstar other than factors you pull out of your ass to hype him...that leaves the door open for a lot of guys to make the claim of 6 years without an ejection.

All Star Voting is a pretty weak criteria since there have been some joke vote in by the fans....

mavs>spurs2
12-02-2007, 02:45 AM
Yao not an all star? :lmao

Yao Ming

PPG 21.7
RPG 10.10
APG 2.4
EFF + 24.41

Tim Duncan

PPG 18.5
RPG 9.30
APG 2.8
EFF + 23.47

Not to mention the way Yao completely owned Duncan in their first head to head matchup this season..

Whottt if Yao isn't a superstar, Tim Duncan sure as hell isn't one either

whottt
12-02-2007, 02:56 AM

Fair enough...

So it's agreed then?

Yao isn't a superstar, and you're an idiot. Done deal. :tu

I promise you, there is not a single person in this entire world that knows even the slightest bit about basketball that thinks Yao is better than Tim Duncan. If your intent was to prove you don't know a damn thing about basketball(beyond the obvious hint your team provides), you've succeeded.

whottt
12-02-2007, 02:59 AM
BTW...

Yao not an all star?

R
I
F

ShoogarBear
12-02-2007, 03:13 AM
By the way, had any SuperStar played for 6 years without an ejection?I don't know if he was ever ejected, but Wilt Chamberlain never fouled out of a game in his pro career.

ludda
12-02-2007, 03:26 AM
I think Yao is top 10, but he is soft.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-02-2007, 03:34 AM
yao is not a superstar by any means

he's a very solid player, but not quite a superstar

mystargtr34
12-02-2007, 03:42 AM
:lol

Give me 10 who are better???

whottt
12-02-2007, 04:01 AM
I don't know if he was ever ejected, but Wilt Chamberlain never fouled out of a game in his pro career.

You sure you don't have him confused with Moses Malone? I know Moses holds the record for most NBA games without fouling out...but he might have fouled out in the ABA.

Ronaldo McDonald
12-02-2007, 04:25 AM
yao's got to do so damage in the playoffs before he's worthy of being labeled a superstar. until then he's only an all-star, like his buddy tmac

rudder
12-02-2007, 06:44 AM
I think Yao is top 10, but he is soft.

yao is a star ,but not a superstar!

v2freak
12-02-2007, 07:06 AM
Yao not an all star? :lmao

Yao Ming

PPG 21.7
RPG 10.10
APG 2.4
EFF + 24.41

Tim Duncan

PPG 18.5
RPG 9.30
APG 2.8
EFF + 23.47

Not to mention the way Yao completely owned Duncan in their first head to head matchup this season..

You may want to do less laughing and more reading: take a look at whottt's post again.

ploto
12-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Beno did exactly what you do in a game like that- fouled out Yao! :lol

SpursIndonesia
12-02-2007, 09:04 AM
Yao is a superstar, he IS the franchise player no. 1 in Houston right now. But i think he had become a legit superstar for just the last 3 yrs.

FromWayDowntown
12-02-2007, 09:18 AM
You sure you don't have him confused with Moses Malone? I know Moses holds the record for most NBA games without fouling out...but he might have fouled out in the ABA.

Malone played 1,212 consecutive games without fouling out, but those weren't from the start of his career. The streak ran from January of 1978 through December of 1994 (when he played his final game, which was for the Spurs).

Chamberlain played in 1,045 games in his career and never fouled out.

Indazone
12-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Yeah those guys never fouled out when they let big men camp out in the lane and actually called fouls on people coming into the lane. Back then, the centers didn't get called for anything. The rules favored the big men.

boutons_
12-02-2007, 11:26 AM
"Getting blown by is inexcusable"

.... esp a pasty Euro-white guy blowing past prototypical punk-ass street balla!

Where yo gonna get yo respek, Rafah? :lol

I love Yao getting ejected. A mean, intense, doan-nobody-fuck-wid-me Yao is a much better Yao. Enough of this skillz-y, polite, socialized, deferring Asian crap. :) I wanna see a sociopathic, fire-blowing Chinese dragon! Yao is even learning to whine like a balla.

The same evolution will make, is making?, Dwight Howard and Bynum much better, much scarier players. Height and talent alone aren't enough. Gotta have that fire in the belly.

And the NBA needs a new crop of bad-ass, game-changing big men. They are the heart of basketball. A game of dime-a-dozen small ballas sucks.

Matchman
12-02-2007, 12:02 PM
yao's got to do so damage in the playoffs before he's worthy of being labeled a superstar. until then he's only an all-star, like his buddy tmac

Yao Ming got 25PPG and 10RPG in the post season last year. Is that not enough damage? Sure, Boozer torched him in that series, but who didnt get torched by Boozer?

Same thing goes for McGrady. 25PPG, 6RPG, 7APG. Is that not enough damage?

Its always the role players that let our superstars down. Rockets set the new record for the fewest players scored in a playoff game. (Only 4 players scored in game 5 vs Utah).

Again whottt, if Yao Ming average a double-double in the post-season is not a superstar in your mind. I dont know who is.

Ronaldo McDonald
12-02-2007, 12:32 PM
yes he had a great series last year, but he did his damage in the first round only...ur telling me that if he did only that for the next ten years and retired he'd be called or thought of as a superstar?...that's ridiculous...because when it's all said and done ur status as an elite nba player will depend upon ur success in the playoffs no ifs ands or buts...right now he hasn't done that and until he does, in my book, he's agreat player in this league and an all star but nothing more and nothing less.

now, if you are taking into consideration his world-wide popularity as a criterion for being names a superstar it's a different story...

Rip-Hamilton32
12-02-2007, 12:36 PM
yes he had a great series last year, but he did his damage in the first round only...ur telling me that if he did only that for the next ten years and retired he'd be called or thought of as a superstar?...that's ridiculous...because when it's all said and done ur status as an elite nba player will depend upon ur success in the playoffs no ifs ands or buts...right now he hasn't done that and until he does, in my book, he's agreat player in this league and an all star but nothing more and nothing less.

now, if you are taking into consideration his world-wide popularity as a criterion for being names a superstar it's a different story...

what about karl malone he has no rings but alot of pts

Ronaldo McDonald
12-02-2007, 12:37 PM
o, and if ur going to up yao to superstar status, might as well call carlos boozer a superstar...Jermain o'neal would have been a superstar when he was averaging about yao's numbers...it takes more than numbers

Ronaldo McDonald
12-02-2007, 12:39 PM
what about karl malone he has no rings but alot of pts

dude. karl malone not only had to go through mj in order to get a ring, he did have success in the playoffs. he didn't get a ring but that doesn't mean he didn't have success, not in my book anyway.

thispego
12-02-2007, 01:01 PM
superstardom is gauged my popularity
yao is a superstar

mavs>spurs2
12-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Fair enough...

So it's agreed then?

Yao isn't a superstar, and you're an idiot. Done deal. :tu

I promise you, there is not a single person in this entire world that knows even the slightest bit about basketball that thinks Yao is better than Tim Duncan. If your intent was to prove you don't know a damn thing about basketball(beyond the obvious hint your team provides), you've succeeded.

By the looks of their head to head matchups, it seems that maybe times are changing. Duncan is older and maybe losing a step, while Yao is only getting better. I've never seen Tim Duncan look scared and completely taken out of his game like he did against Yao in that first Spurs Rockets matchup. Yao was even taking a page out of Tim's book by drawing double teams and passing out of the post beautifully, to wide open teammates.

Yao 28pts 12-24 shooting 13 rebounds 6 assists

Duncan 14 points 5-15 shooting 9 rebounds 1 assist

And yes, Duncan did outplay Yao in their second meeting, but how hard is it to focus on one guy when Tmac is out and your best second option is Shane Battier?

jman3000
12-02-2007, 02:11 PM
tim duncan doesnt have shit to prove. the 4th game of the season is the most retarded barometer one can use. especially if it's measuring a head to head matchup.

Matchman
12-02-2007, 02:34 PM
For me, the difference between all-star and superstar is that superstar commands double-team even if he is not hot at shooting because u would fear he will turn it on at any moment.
Yao, Duncan, Dirk last season, Kobe are superstars
J Oneal and Gasol are not
obviously post season success counts too, but i think 7 games are good enough to show that both yao and tmac can do damage in the playoffs. Especially because they put up that kind of number wth 3 scrub starters

Pero
12-02-2007, 02:40 PM
He is the 2nd Best center right now who draws more double-team than any other big man in the league.

Who's the first?

LaMarcus Bryant
12-02-2007, 02:53 PM
=DOMINATOR
they should just go ahead and make it a rule you can't be 7'6" and from china.
:smokin

Sounds to me like this guy wants to ban tall............aaasiaaaannnns

Matchman
12-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Who's the first?

As much as i love Yao i have to admit Dwight Howard is playing better now.

Harry Callahan
12-02-2007, 03:14 PM
There are only a few great centers right now. Yao is one of them. If you are the second best center in the NBA (probably behind Howard), that is saying something. If you want to talk about a Hall of Fame type player, some significant playoff success is probably needed in the future.

Pero
12-02-2007, 04:11 PM
As much as i love Yao i have to admit Dwight Howard is playing better now.

Oh yeah, darn, I completely forgot about him. :lol:

angel_luv
12-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Beno got Yao ejected. That is awesome! :lol

Ronaldo McDonald
12-02-2007, 06:41 PM
can someone post a video?

ambchang
12-03-2007, 12:14 AM
For me, the difference between all-star and superstar is that superstar commands double-team even if he is not hot at shooting because u would fear he will turn it on at any moment.
Yao, Duncan, Dirk last season, Kobe are superstars
J Oneal and Gasol are not
obviously post season success counts too, but i think 7 games are good enough to show that both yao and tmac can do damage in the playoffs. Especially because they put up that kind of number wth 3 scrub starters
Al Jefferson is a superstar?

ambchang
12-03-2007, 12:18 AM
By the looks of their head to head matchups, it seems that maybe times are changing. Duncan is older and maybe losing a step, while Yao is only getting better. I've never seen Tim Duncan look scared and completely taken out of his game like he did against Yao in that first Spurs Rockets matchup. Yao was even taking a page out of Tim's book by drawing double teams and passing out of the post beautifully, to wide open teammates.

Yao 28pts 12-24 shooting 13 rebounds 6 assists

Duncan 14 points 5-15 shooting 9 rebounds 1 assist

And yes, Duncan did outplay Yao in their second meeting, but how hard is it to focus on one guy when Tmac is out and your best second option is Shane Battier?

First you basing the comparison on stats, then you are basing things off stats off ONE game?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=271113024
Turiaf and Bynum > Duncan according to you

mavs>spurs2
12-03-2007, 01:25 AM
First you basing the comparison on stats, then you are basing things off stats off ONE game?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=271113024
Turiaf and Bynum > Duncan according to you

Not basing anything off one game, just using that head to head matchup as an example

Duncan's and Yao's play for this entire season so far are what really tell the story

mystargtr34
12-03-2007, 02:34 AM
Duncan has a higher PER than Yao... so that should tell you the raw stats can be a little mis leading... and thats basically what your basing your argument on.

SpursIndonesia
12-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Yao's a superstar in this talent diluted league as of today, but indeed he ain't no legend up to this point.