PDA

View Full Version : is anyone getting the broadcast from the portland announcers?

zocool16
12-02-2007, 04:36 PM
its effin ridiculous! these guys r talking so much smack...its like its just bench players off the trailblazers calling the game! damn nba league pass! lol. anyone hearing that broadcast? they have a few good points...but the way they're talking is not how professional broadcasters should call games...

...I have spoken....

SequSpur
12-02-2007, 04:37 PM
call 1-800 wahhhhhhhhhhhhh

George Gervin's Afro
12-02-2007, 04:42 PM
well they did proclaim that manu was 6'7 1/2.. :lol they are kind of funny.. in a good way..

dimsah
12-02-2007, 04:48 PM
I've got the Blazer broadcast. It is pretty bad. They've gone on and on about how the Spurs are dirty, etc..

zocool16
12-02-2007, 04:53 PM
call 1-800 wahhhhhhhhhhhhh
lol!

Armando
12-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Yeah is a shame that the Blazers broadcasters are not Spurs fans. Besides why do you even care?

zocool16
12-02-2007, 06:14 PM
I never said they had to be spurs fans. I just expect a little more objectivity. every announcer is a bit of a homer OF COURSE, but these portland announcers today were pretty stupid. I only care cuz I can't get any other broadcast...so it kinda kills the game u know? oh well whatever... did the spurs win btw? I turned off the tv

Yeah is a shame that the Blazers broadcasters are not Spurs fans. Besides why do you even care?

easjer
12-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Eh, I thought they were fine. I've heard a lot worse this season (Houston jumps right to the top of that list, btw). You can't expect the home announcers to be unfavorable to their team. Spurs announcers do it too - though to a lesser degree than some, I think.

Russ
12-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Not being objective is one thing. Misrepresenting what actually happened on the court (especially when replay can aid) is another.

Darkwaters
12-02-2007, 06:39 PM
I heard them too. They were pretty pathetic. But they have nothing on the Houston guys:

"We only lost by 10 tonight, but McGrady usually averages 30ppg. So if you add his points into the mix, we're talking about a Rockets blowout here. The math speaks for itself."

I rest my case.

Armando
12-02-2007, 06:43 PM
I say the Heat announcers are the worst. To them the Heat are the best in everything.

duncan228
12-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Heat and Boston. I mute them both before tip off.
And I can only imagine how bad Boston will be this year.

SenorSpur
12-02-2007, 06:52 PM
well they did proclaim that manu was 6'7 1/2.. :lol they are kind of funny.. in a good way..

I had their broadcast too. These guys were a bit over the top, to say the least.

They also proclaimed Tony Parker to upwards of 6'4".

When the game was getting a bit chippy after the Duncan injury, they kept alluding to the fact that the Spurs were "dirtying up" the game because they thought the Blazers had intentionally tried to hurt Tim.

They also kept saying how Pryzbilla was going attack the Spurs defense with Duncan out. They painted him up as some kind of enforcer.

Phenomanul
12-02-2007, 10:04 PM
They were suggesting that the Blazers needed to knock someone out to send a message that the lane wasn't open.

It's at that point that they lose sight of what the sport is.

BeerIsGood!
12-03-2007, 12:03 AM
The Blazers have about the worst announcers in sports. They cross the line by talking shit about the opponents and even advocate hurting someone, and that's ridiculous. Part of the reason they're so bad is because their team sucks ass and they can't find enough good to say. Instead of getting on their own players they chose to insult the other team.

LuvBones
12-03-2007, 12:49 AM
I heard them too. They were pretty pathetic. But they have nothing on the Houston guys:

"We only lost by 10 tonight, but McGrady usually averages 30ppg. So if you add his points into the mix, we're talking about a Rockets blowout here. The math speaks for itself."

I rest my case.:lmao

and I agree with easjer, Houston is the worst!!

dbreiden83080
12-03-2007, 01:05 AM
Oh i hated them today. When Tim got hurt all they did was go on and on about how "That was not intentional and Finley and Parker are not going to intimidate us" They even said that "Tony and Prizbilla would be a quick fight", when Tony was mad. Hello ASSHOLES, the story is that one of the best big men in the history of the NBA is hurt. I don't care about your piece of shit team and piece of shit players and what their intentions were. The story is the health of Duncan. That broadcast made me want to puke today.

smrattler
12-03-2007, 01:02 PM
I actually was entertained by the announcers. Yeah, they were over the top homers on one hand, but you have to expect that. Do you think Sean Elliot is objective and not biased? He's a big time homer I think.

A few things that made me stop chewing...

- Manu gets an offensive rebound and they say something like "Yeah, you might not think so, but these guards are not small.. Manu is 6'7" 1/2 and Parker is upwards of 6'4", they can rebound".

- Elson gets a block "Elson is one of the best shot blockers in the NBA...", very high compliments for a guy averaging 0.44 blks/gm this year, maybe a bit below his career average of 0.66 blks/gm, but not THAT much. :)

- Guy goes under the pick and leaves TP for the wide open jumper and he nails it, "I think Tony Parker might be the best PG in the NBA, and I'm including Nash and everyone else". Whoa! Nice! :)

And then the whole TD injury incident, they were talking about that whole scene and making it more than it was and Spurs getting dirty or whatever and the Blazers not standing for that, blah-blah.

But overall, I thought they were VERY complimentary of the Spurs. Very much so. They did the homer stuff, but I thought it balanced by being humblingly (is the a word?) complimentary.

travis2
12-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Do you think Sean Elliot is objective and not biased? He's a big time homer I think.

Actually, Sean is pretty damn objective, as far as home announcers go. When he is looking through his Spurs-colored glasses, the tone of his voice tells you he is not being serious.

I've heard plenty of examples where he will point out things the Spurs are doing wrong, agree with calls that go against the Spurs, and/or disagree with calls that went in the Spurs favor ("...the Spurs really got away with {insert infraction here}...")

Jimcs50
12-03-2007, 01:20 PM
:lmao

and I agree with easjer, Houston is the worst!!

I wholeheartedly agree...I have been listening to Rockets radio announcers Gene Peterson and Jim Foley( since I live in their TV area for 20 yrs) and they are the biggest homers in all of broadcasting. Bill Worrell is just as bad on televison telecasts.

Listen to this on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RqKOukmuKQ

If I were a Spurs announcer, I would be just like the Houston announcers, though.

:lol

Scola Trade
12-03-2007, 01:25 PM
They also said that TP was 6'4" :smokin

travis2
12-03-2007, 02:23 PM
:rolleyes

K-State Spur
12-03-2007, 03:34 PM
i don't have a problem with homers (i.e. Sean).

it's when they don't have much good to say about their own team, so they attack the opponent that i think is out of line.

for instance, yesterday they were making fun of manu for holding his wrist after missing the free throw (saying something to the effect that guys always act injured after a bad miss). nevermind that if they had been paying attention to the game that they were paid to broadcast, they would have noticed that manu had been holding his wrist ever since he hit the floor when he was fouled.

that was just one example out of about 15 that could have been mentioned in yesterday's game.

SRJ
12-03-2007, 06:27 PM
The Portland guys had some bad moments, but the Houston broadcast sucks balls.

Portland broadcast>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Houston broadcast

After reading your comments about the Heat broadcasts, I am eagerly waiting, and also dreading, to watch one.