PDA

View Full Version : Parker without Tim...

colargol
12-03-2007, 07:15 AM
It should be a good test for TP to play without Tim...
It's gonna be harder with the Defense focus on him...harder to score and to run the offense....
Come on TP.....one more step....!!!

JPB
12-03-2007, 07:42 AM
You had the beginning of an answer last game...

sendman
12-03-2007, 07:54 AM
I think this will be good test for this team. It's been awhile since they played without Tim. New guys will get the opportunity to show their stuff and starters will be forced to find some new solutions and that can improve Spurs game in the long run. I just hope that this test won't last for too long. 5 or 6 games would be more than enough. Get well Timmy!

JPB
12-03-2007, 08:15 AM
Manu to start, or getting in the game earlier ?

Probably.

urunobili
12-03-2007, 08:23 AM
Manu to start, or getting in the game earlier ?

Probably.
i think Pop will either give back Manu his starter role or put horry on the starting line up and take him out of the game after 4 minutes... Barry would be the new spark of the bench if Manu makes it to the starting lineup

SpursIndonesia
12-03-2007, 09:52 AM
TD's minute will be divided beetween Elson, Oberto, Bonner, and Horry. Manu will stay playing off the bench, but should get increased minutes -32 to 36 MPG- and Barry should chip Finley's minutes even more. I expect A LOT of pick and roll and backdoor cut offense, i'd love Tony to show more of his playmaking skills.

AFBlue
12-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Time to see if Tony Parker is more "Steve Nash" or more "Alan Iverson"....

I'm betting on the former.

SouthernFried
12-03-2007, 10:16 AM
I'm hoping on the Former, Nash model.

They will be keying on Parker, knowing he's gonna try and carry the load with Manu. The opportunity for assists will abound...letsee how he handles it.

Darkwaters
12-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Parker has been dropping dimes like crazy this year. I expect his scoring could go up, but the assists (and turnovers) should rise as well. All and all, the offense will have to flow out of the guard spots. Parker, Gino and Barry will have to create for the team and Finley can create for himself (if he can ever hit).

SAGambler
12-03-2007, 10:40 AM
I, for one, am tired of watching Finley throw up brick after fucking brick. He needs to get with the shooting coach and figure out what the hell he is doing wrong. At least his minutes need to be held to a minimum until he gets it back. Luckily Barry is shooting lights out from 3 pt land, so we don't miss Fins scoring so much.

Even without Tim most of the game, Spurs still managed to put up 100 on the board.

Since Elson is so fast up and down the court, maybe we will see a lot of "Suns type" ball for a while.

Mitch Cumsteen
12-03-2007, 10:51 AM
This offense has been running through Parker and Ginobili for the past 2-3 years. Four down just isn't what it used to be (our entire offense). I don't think scoring points will be a problem. Getting stops may be another story. We are going to small ball the crap out of teams until Duncan gets back.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-03-2007, 11:21 AM
This offense has been running through Parker and Ginobili for the past 2-3 years. Four down just isn't what it used to be (our entire offense). I don't think scoring points will be a problem. Getting stops may be another story. We are going to small ball the crap out of teams until Duncan gets back.

Yeah, the concern isn't so much with our team's offense being affected--Parker and Manu will have some more extra touches, and create for the other guys.
It's really Oberto, Elson, and the other bigs, who have to step up defensively. And the whole team scrapping for enough rebounds.
Usually we turn into a run and gun team who becomes more prone to trading baskets, without Duncan's presence.

BonnerDynasty
12-03-2007, 11:58 AM
I'm more interested to see the big men step up...

ON DEFENSE.

nfg3
12-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Our rebounds are going to suffer with TD out so the Spurs had better keep their O in high gear. More S/R, S/pop and more early O would be nice. If we get bogged down in the half court O then I forsee problems. Up tempo O is what I'm looking for out of Pop. That's our strength now that Timmy is out.

ducks
12-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Our rebounds are going to suffer with TD out so the Spurs had better keep their O in high gear. More S/R, S/pop and more early O would be nice. If we get bogged down in the half court O then I forsee problems. Up tempo O is what I'm looking for out of Pop. That's our strength now that Timmy is out.
yeah since duncan was averaging so many a game
I think he is averaging an all time low
I bet our rebounding well be better since everyone knows they will have to rebound now

THE SIXTH MAN
12-03-2007, 02:57 PM
This will be a blessing in disguise. Some one mentioned it in another thread. About how in 05 when Tim was injured it gave the other guys a chance to step up and show what they were made of. I'm curious and excited to see how other guys will use this opportunity.

ducks
12-03-2007, 03:01 PM
elson wants to remain a spur he better step up

rasho did fine when duncan was hurt but sucked with duncan

ArgSpursFan.
12-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Good test for Bonner,now we'll realize if it is enough contribution for him by just hitting a 3 pt shot every now and them.
Personally I don't think It's enough,there has to be some decent Defense and Rebounding too.