7. SC
8. UGA
9. AzSt
10. UH
11. WVa
13. UT
20. ttek

Think he was trying to weight his SOS?

uo only got 2 1st place votes - other was his buddy Spurrier.

Leslie of course voted LSU 1st and uo 5th.

On a weird related note, Bowden of Clemson put LSU 1st and uo 10th.

Kragthorpe had uo 8th and LSU 2.

Shnelly had tosu, KU, Hawaii, Mizzou, LSU, VaTek, uo

NoMoneyDown
12-03-2007, 04:42 PM
I was (briefly) watching the BCS show on ESPN last night, and Corso mentioned that it is obvious that "brand" name schools get preferential treatment when it comes to rankings. While I find this guy to be comic relief most of the time, he is absolutely right.

I was looking over week-by-week USA Today rankings of the CFB season, and noticed something interesting - not really out-of-whack, but just ... interesting:

When Ohio State lost to then unranked Illinois, they dropped 6 places in the poll. When Oklahoma lost to then unranked Colorado, they also dropped 6 places. They dropped the same amount after losing to then unranked Texas Tech, too. Conversely, WVU dropped 7 places when they lost to then #18 USF. And when they lost to unranked Pitt, they dropped 8 places. Now, Illinois is currently ranked, but not when tOSU played them. Still there can be an argument that Illinois was actually a pretty good team "then". However, Colorado and Texas Tech weren't then, and still aren't, in the USA Today Top-25.

RonMexico
12-03-2007, 05:24 PM
I was (briefly) watching the BCS show on ESPN last night, and Corso mentioned that it is obvious that "brand" name schools get preferential treatment when it comes to rankings. While I find this guy to be comic relief most of the time, he is absolutely right.

I was looking over week-by-week USA Today rankings of the CFB season, and noticed something interesting - not really out-of-whack, but just ... interesting:

When Ohio State lost to then unranked Illinois, they dropped 6 places in the poll. When Oklahoma lost to then unranked Colorado, they also dropped 6 places. They dropped the same amount after losing to then unranked Texas Tech, too. Conversely, WVU dropped 7 places when they lost to then #18 USF. And when they lost to unranked Pitt, they dropped 8 places. Now, Illinois is currently ranked, but not when tOSU played them. Still there can be an argument that Illinois was actually a pretty good team "then". However, Colorado and Texas Tech weren't then, and still aren't, in the USA Today Top-25.

Great post. Not only does my roommate think that OU is still the best team in the nation (he went there) just because they beat Missouri, he also doesn't realize how lucky they are even to be in the top 4 in the BCS.... I had to remind him that Illinois was unranked at the time when they beat tOSU and everyone not only called it a "huge upset" (they won in the horseshoe), but also that it pretty much destroyed OSU's national title hopes. What a difference a few weeks and no conference championship game will do for you...

MajorMike
12-04-2007, 09:53 AM
I wonder who will be favored in visorboy's #1 vs #11 matchup?