PDA

View Full Version : Finley's Technical

bigfan
12-03-2007, 05:38 PM
As a long time Spurs fan living in Dallas I never get to see them much on tv and Ive read several times today about Finley shoving that guy out of the way after Duncan went down last night and I'd sure love to see that. Any chance somebody could post it here, on youtube or tell me if its posted someplace else? To me it just shows what a team player Finley is and is sorta payback to Tim for helping him finally get a ring.

fusionjazzman72
12-03-2007, 06:03 PM
I haven't seen it on any replays, but if you look at the replay of Duncan going down it appears to me that Jones sort of push Duncan down with his leg. Maybe not on purpose, but I couldn't help but think that maybe he did. What does anyone think?
So Big Props to Finley and lets hope he finds his shooting touch again.

SenorSpur
12-03-2007, 07:24 PM
From watching it live on TV and from the incessant number of replays, I didn't get that feeling. As Duncan turned right toward the lane, his right leg simply got tangled with James Jones' leg. Which caused him to awkwardly fall to the floor. While Jones ended up standing over him, it didn't appear at al as though he was taunting him. The look on Jones face indicated he was surprised. Some of the Spurs, Finley included, took exception to the whole incident.

If he, or any of the Spurs, are still a bit huffy over it, I hope they'll take that attitude into the Dallas game.

spurastic
12-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Jones grabbed Duncan on one side of the body and pushed him with the elbow on the the other side. I think it was on purpose.

SenorSpur
12-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Jones grabbed Duncan on one side of the body and pushed him with the elbow on the the other side. I think it was on purpose.

Hmmmm. Kind of surprising that Jones would stoop to that level. Especially since he's smaller and not as strong as Duncan.

Props to Finley for interveneing.

GrandeDavid
12-03-2007, 08:22 PM
If he, or any of the Spurs, are still be bit huffy over it, I hope they'll take that attitude into the Dallas game.

No doubt! Dallas has given the Spurs many problems over the past two years so any added motivation or hunger by each Spur can only be critical to earning a hard fought win on Wednesday night.

ClingingMars
12-03-2007, 09:49 PM
No doubt! Dallas has given the Spurs many problems over the past two years so any added motivation or hunger by each Spur can only be critical to earning a hard fought win on Wednesday night.

"The Punch", anyone?

-Mars

El_Mago
12-03-2007, 09:55 PM
Finley pushed James because he felt James was standing over Duncan in agressive manner, while Duncan was down.

Finley is a good teammate.

urunobili
12-04-2007, 08:36 AM
someone has to have a video! we NEED to see this! Freaking Jones injured not only timmy but Manu as well on the same game... that's why Fin might have reacted as he did as well...

SAGambler
12-04-2007, 08:47 AM
[QUOTE=urunobili]someone has to have a video! we NEED to see this! Freaking Jones injured not only timmy but Manu as well on the same game... that's why Fin might have reacted as he did as well...[/QUOTE

Ah, come on now. The injury to Manu happened when the guy was trying to take a charge. Just freakish that Manu went so high and came down on his left hand. Jones was involved with the play, but there was no way he was trying to hurt Manu.

Believe it or not, pro BB is a contact sport and people do get injured. Not always because someone is trying to injure another player. Contact sports are just weird that way.

Bruno
12-04-2007, 08:49 AM
:rolleyes
I don't see how Jones could have injured Duncan or Ginobili on purpose. He just battled for the position with Duncan and he tried to draw a charge on Manu.

urunobili
12-04-2007, 09:52 AM
:rolleyes
I don't see how Jones could have injured Duncan or Ginobili on purpose. He just battled for the position with Duncan and he tried to draw a charge on Manu.
wrong guy at the wrong time... tell that to Fin... well deserved shoving on him... :devil

Obstructed_View
12-04-2007, 03:32 PM
I didn't think the move itself was questionable, but it looked like he kind of kicked at Timmy while he was falling or after he was down. That, coupled with standing over him, would probably motivate a teammate to shove his ass away.