PDA

View Full Version : Rockets make another trade

usckk
12-27-2004, 03:50 PM
Rockets trade Jackson and Nachbar for Hornet's David Wesley. Does this trade and the other one make them a bigger threat?

BigVee
12-27-2004, 03:52 PM
Maybe NOH, certainly not the Rockets

ChumpDumper
12-27-2004, 03:53 PM
If Wes (or Sura or Barry or anyone) can actually run the point, they might be decent. Good trade for NOLA though.

boutons
12-27-2004, 03:55 PM
Jim Jackson? wow, he was at 41 MPG.

Somebody explain how this is an upgrade for either team?

ChumpDumper
12-27-2004, 03:58 PM
The Hornets also waived Alex Garcia and Lonny Baxter to make room on the roster.Cold.

usckk
12-27-2004, 04:23 PM
I know. I liked Alex Garcia when he was with us.

CosmicCowboy
12-27-2004, 04:24 PM
hmmm...I have Jim Jackson on my fantasy team...will this help or hurt his numbers?...

Mr. Body
12-27-2004, 04:40 PM
I like this for Houston. They badly, badly needed somebody to run the offense, which they must think Wesley can. I feel sorry for the much-travelled Jackson, though.

manustarting2gd
12-27-2004, 04:58 PM
They dealt JimJackson because he still had value..too bad he could never find a home. I can't see him ever settling in one place. He is the up there with the most valuable journeyman out there , year in and year out. I think Houston gained and lost.. Their bench is anemic now even more. N.O. got a hooper with a good stroke and averages 13-14 ppg. More O ; less D. Nachbar is a project to say the least.

Dario
12-27-2004, 05:01 PM
They made mistake trading Nachbar, but i m happy for him if he can get more playing time elsewhere.

Mr. Body
12-27-2004, 05:07 PM
Nachbar hasn't been producing much given the time he's been given, has he?

ChumpDumper
12-27-2004, 05:08 PM
NOLA should see if they can flip JJ for Nene -- then they could try to move PJ Brown to a contender to get him off the books.

boutons
12-27-2004, 05:28 PM
Jim Jackson, the very definition of an NBA journeyman.

Rick Von Braun
12-27-2004, 05:46 PM
I don't understand why GMs and/or coaches don't value Jim Jackson. He is certainly an average or above average player. For one reason or the other one, he never seems to find a stable home. I wonder if he is some type of cancer in the locker room... it is very strange from the pure basketball point of view.

Mr. Body
12-27-2004, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't call Jackson a journeyman, per se. A 'journeyman' is somebody passed around the league because he either fills up space or people keep expecting him to produce in a new environment. Jackson simply has stats better than most journeymen. He never had the luck to stick with a good, developing team where he could come off the bench and be a solid rotation guy. I'll never understand why Sacramento let him go (cap problems?).

T Park
12-27-2004, 05:58 PM
If I were the Spurs Id ask about Jim Jackson's availability.

Very very solid player.

Could be gotten for nothing more than likely.

This trade makes no sense for the Rockets.

Who is your starting 3 now?

Ryan freakin Bowen??

Puh lease.

ChumpDumper
12-27-2004, 06:07 PM
Who is your starting 3 now?My guess would be McGrady with Sura/Barry/Wes running the three guard rotation.

T Park
12-27-2004, 06:08 PM
Bob Sura
David Wesley
Tracy Mcgrady

then your bench is......

Jon Barry CHarlie Ward and whatever else??

hahah.

Not good, not good at all....

ChumpDumper
12-27-2004, 06:12 PM
Three guard rotation. Bowen plays the 5 mpg TMac isn't on the floor.

But yeah, they're grasping at straws. A really poor mix of players.

T Park
12-27-2004, 06:21 PM
IMO this is grasping at straws, good use of words Chump.

This is kind of futile.

New Orleans learned a long time ago, that Weasley is more suited for the 2.

What was wrong with Jim Jackson???

If I were the Spurs, and the Hornets are giving away players, Id inquire about Jim Jackson AND PJ Brown.

Rasho, Devin Brown, and whatever else for Jim Jackson and PJ Brown??

A retard can dream

boutons
12-27-2004, 06:28 PM
"l never understand why Sacramento let him go (cap problems?)."

IIRC, SAC wanted to keep him, said they regretted letting him go, as part of making room for Brad Miller.

angel_luv
12-27-2004, 06:28 PM
They trade Nachbar, the one Rocket besides Charlie Ward ( for old times sake) that I was actually rooting for?!!!??! That does it! I'm moving! =)

angel_luv
12-27-2004, 06:29 PM
And Alex Garcia got waived??? That makes me sad. I have a soft spot for him since he was one of ours.

T Park
12-27-2004, 06:35 PM
Id have cut Freije before I wouldve cut Alex Garcia.

That guy, how the hell is he in the NBA.

He makes Jack Haley look talented.

Kori Ellis
12-27-2004, 06:55 PM
It was logical to cut Garcia. He's out for the season with a torn ACL. Freije at least gets on the court.

SLOVENIAN 8
12-27-2004, 07:01 PM
Hm. Maybe Nachbar will play more than in Houston :rolleyes . I hope. We will see. :spin

SequSpur
12-27-2004, 07:14 PM
Other teams making deals, hittin switches, spittin at bitches and the Spurs still have Rasho.

Wonderful.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-27-2004, 07:17 PM
Only Tpark would advocate waiving a guy who plays 20 minutes a night and contributes 5 and 3 a night over a guy with a blown ACL out for the year.

Hey, I know, let's waive Horry and keep Charles Smith on the roster.

smeagol
12-27-2004, 08:40 PM
Other teams making deals, hittin switches, spittin at bitches and the Spurs still have Rasho.

Wonderful.
We know, trade Manu and Tony for Ray Allen.

Damn, after a while its not even funny anymore . . .

CHAMPS AGAIN
12-27-2004, 10:40 PM
JACKSON will get traded before deadline.To a contender maybe back to the kings or the lakers for WALTON or someone else.

sickdsm
12-27-2004, 10:52 PM
I don't understand it at all. If your needing a PG, trade for one. Expecting Wesley to be a point guard is about as bad as Sura.

ChumpDumper
12-27-2004, 10:53 PM
If there aren't real PGs available, make do.

ducks
12-27-2004, 10:54 PM
jim jackson was one of their better outside shooters

this trade was total bs
houston is just doing this to prove to their fans they are trying to win

chezhcsetshonajezcho
12-27-2004, 11:44 PM
Nachbar could become like Brezec, nothing in one team, starter in another team. Great talent. if only he will not get injured again

cmurek
12-28-2004, 04:38 AM
Nachbar could become like Brezec, nothing in one team, starter in another team. Great talent. if only he will not get injured again
I hope this come true!

Nachbar has ability to become a great player in NBA, he just need minutes and a coach who trusted in his play, and Im sure he will succsed! He has even better shooting skills like Beno, hes quick and solid defense! The problem in Houston was that he didnt get a ball at all :rolleyes

Sense
12-28-2004, 05:08 AM
JACKSON will get traded before deadline.To a contender maybe back to the kings or the lakers for WALTON or someone else.

Wow, idiot. To a contender? Lakers? Are you serious?Hahahaha, even Kobe laughed when asked if they were contenders. And the Kingz haven't produced much, all of their losses are from the West. That doesn't seem to be a contender. Please, pay attention and start to learn about the NBA.

Anyways, I think Jim Jackson was a solid player aswell. I think that this was a bad move for Houston, since Wesley is not good with his percentage even though he's an amazing shooter. Jim Jackson is overall better than Wesley, so I feel sorry he left a better team. His number will improve, so Cowboy, that's good for you. Going into a hornets team, you got nothing to lose, so they will just have fun and in the end they will have progress. Unless Jackson is traded again...like the idiot said.

My thoughts.

Kori Ellis
12-28-2004, 06:55 AM
Sense -- it's your first day here. You need to stop with calling people "idiot" and condescending remarks in nearly every post. Simmer down.

boutons
12-28-2004, 10:00 AM
As did Robert Horry, Jackson is started in the NBA in 1992. He's joining his 11th team, certainly "journey" geographically, and his "day laborer" short-stays as a useful, respected craftsman also fits the definition.

His itinerancy is mysterious, because his career stat line is quite impressive and his recent yearly stats not at all drooping the way Horry's have.

exstatic
12-28-2004, 01:12 PM
Jim Jackson, from the get go, let it be known that he was about money, and that he didn't care where he was. He held out 58 games his rookie season to squeeze the contract he wanted out of Dallas, or a trade to a team that would pay him. He was very much the merc his first few years in the league, and now that he has a bad wheel (knee with little meniscus left), teams feel free to use him for a year or two, and move him. You make your bed, you lay in it.

E20
12-28-2004, 02:34 PM
Spurs should sign Alex Garcia again.

Dex
12-28-2004, 02:56 PM
Spurs should sign Alex Garcia again.

Screw that. As long as they're throwing money around, they could pay ME 1.1 mill to be a bench-warmer.

Sense
12-28-2004, 05:20 PM
Sense -- it's your first day here. You need to stop with calling people "idiot" and condescending remarks in nearly every post. Simmer down.

I previously have been looking at threads as a guest. From that moment on, I decided that most laker fans were not smart. Sorry about that, my anger has been adding up since the recent posts they made.

And other people are just asking stupid.

ShoogarBear
12-29-2004, 07:20 PM
Looks like Jackson decided hell no, he won't go . . .

Can't say I don't emphasize just a little with him.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1955290)

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Associated Press

NEW ORLEANS -- Jim Jackson, acquired by the New Orleans Hornets in a trade announced Monday, has been suspended indefinitely for failing to report to the team.

Jackson, who plays guard and forward, was acquired by the Hornets (2-25) along with forward Bostjan Nachbar from the Houston Rockets in exchange for guard David Wesley.

The trade will not be affected by Jackson's suspension, the team said Wednesday in a news release. Nachbar was available for the Hornets' home game Wednesday night against Phoenix.

Jackson has spent time with Dallas, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Golden State, Portland, Atlanta, Cleveland, Miami and Sacramento in addition to Houston (where he signed as a free agent prior to the 2003-04 season).

He had averaged 13.3 points and 4.8 rebounds in 24 games with the Rockets this season.

ALVAREZ6
12-29-2004, 07:42 PM
Jim Jackson got screwed over, he really did.

Wesley at least gets to leave his scrubby ass team that has no chances in the East, let alone the west.

Poor Jackson... :smokin

T Park
12-29-2004, 09:06 PM
you get paid millions.

Go to work for christ sake.

STFU Aggie and SEqu.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-29-2004, 09:41 PM
Why should I shut up? You want to waive a guy that's actually healthy and playing to keep around some third string PG who is done for the year. That's one of your all-time dumbest takes.

If Jimmy doesn't want to play for NO, I wonder what it'd take to pry him away from the Hornets... draft picks? cash?

T Park
12-29-2004, 10:18 PM
Why should I shut up? You want to waive a guy that's actually healthy and playing to keep around some third string PG who is done for the year. That's one of your all-time dumbest takes.

SO what, its my opinion.

Dont like it, dont say anything.

ChumpDumper
12-29-2004, 10:35 PM
Jim is angling to get waived.

Denver still has money and PT. Like I said, NOLA should be asking for Nene right now and then work to jettison the older players.