PDA

View Full Version : When do we get to see Boston this season?

ClingingMars
12-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Gonna be a heck of a game, probably NBA Finals preview.

-Mars

batboy
12-03-2007, 09:09 PM
surely there are threads on this

duncan228
12-03-2007, 09:10 PM
At Boston February 10
In SA March 17

duncan228
12-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Mars-The schedule:

http://www.nba.com/spurs/schedule/

ClingingMars
12-03-2007, 09:37 PM
thanks

*speeish grin*

-Mars

raspsa
12-03-2007, 11:48 PM
I just hope everyone is healthy and available to play - on both sides. Conventional wisdom is that both Big 3s cancel each other out and the bench will decide the outcome. Probably more true for a 7-game series rather than a single encounter. This is where the Spurs with their deeper, more experienced bench would appear to have the edge.

SouthernFried
12-04-2007, 03:35 AM
I think in this matchup...Bowen will be the x-factor.

We have him, they don't.

slayermin
12-04-2007, 03:43 AM
I think in this matchup...Bowen will be the x-factor.

We have him, they don't.

Tony Parker >>>>>>>> Rondo

JPB
12-04-2007, 05:05 AM
Problem for the celts (as for any other team) : how to stop tony.

Problem for the spurs : how to handle both KG and PP at the same time. They could handle one of them separetely but both together on the floor ?

Bowen frustrating Allen of course, as usual.

BTW, Rondo showed interesting things lately. But his inexperience is a big issue for Boston.

mystargtr34
12-04-2007, 06:35 AM
I dont think anyone can really stop KG obviously... but maybe Pop could try Elson for extended minutes ... i would like to see him go with Duncan for a little bit as well... KG isnt really the type to get his man into foul trouble, hes basically a fade away jump shooter down on that low block, and likes to create from the elbow/high post... i think Pop would prefer to go with a taller longer option like Duncan/Elson over Oberto to disrupt his vision and get a hand up in his face, make it a bit more difficult for him to find the cutters and shooters. He will just shoot and pass right over the top of Fab all game long. Maybe even Horry.

Weve seen what Bowen can do to Ray Allen, and weve also seen what bigger stronger guard/forwards like Pierce can do to Bowen... PP is the biggest problem. Me says IME will be ready to fire on all cylinders by that time and play off time... because wow.. i dont even wanna imagine Manu/Fin on PP.. scary

urunobili
12-04-2007, 08:13 AM
The Match Up's defensively should look like this:
Tony vs. Rondo
Fin vs. Their center
Bruce vs. R. Allen
Oberto vs. PP
Timmy vs. KG

Rummpd
12-04-2007, 08:19 AM
Celtics have played only two strong teams at full strength and lost both. STOP THE PARADE!

SAGambler
12-04-2007, 10:12 AM
Celtics have played only two strong teams at full strength and lost both. STOP THE PARADE!

Yeah, I want to wait and see how they do once they start playing all the strong WC teams before I hand them a ticket to the Finals.

Budkin
12-04-2007, 11:21 AM
The Spurs are going to dismantle the Celtics. The Celts have no bench.

TDMVPDPOY
12-04-2007, 11:43 AM
cant wait to see bowen get into allens head :D

Tobias
12-04-2007, 12:27 PM
There used to be a gif of that, snafu.

Demo Dick Marcinko
12-04-2007, 12:47 PM
The Spurs are going to dismantle the Celtics. The Celts have no bench.

Something to think about, the Celts are having to rely way too much on their starting line up to date during the regular season. I'm of the opinion that Doc has the Bill Bellicheat mentality of keeping the starters in even during a blow out and he's not doing a very good job of managing their minutes. I think they believe that they need the HC during the finals to have a chance. I believe there's merit in that line of thinking and it goes both ways. Celts are unknowns, they may be pretenders and they probably are, but what if they're the real deal, I'd sleep a little easier knowing that 4 finals games would be played at the AT&T Center.

Spurs starters:

Tony Parker 34.6 mpg 25yrs old
Tim Duncan 32.3 mpg 31yrs old
Michael Finley 24.2 mpg
Bruce Bowen 29.6 mpg 36yrs old
Fabricio Oberto 21.2 mpg

Spurs bench:
Manu Ginobili 28.7 mpg 30yrs old
Brent Barry 18.3 mpg
Matt Bonner 18.6 mpg
Francisco Elson 17.3 mpg
Jacque Vaughn 13.2 mpg
Ime Udoka 9.0 mpg
Robert Horry 6.0 mpg (one game)

Toros reserves can be called back:
Darius Washington 17.5 mpg
Ian Mahinmi 3.8 mpg

Now compare and contrast with what the Celts are doing;
Paul Pierce 37.7 mpg 30yrs old
Ray Allen 39.4 mpg 32yrs old
Kevin Garnett 36.4 mpg 31yrs old
Rajon Rondo 32.6 mpg 21yrs old
Kendrick Perkins 25.8 mpg
Eddie House 19.9 mpg
James Posey 20.8 mpg
Glen Davis 9.7 mpg
Tony Allen 12.8 mpg
Leon Powe 4.1 mpg
Brian Scalabrine 11.7 mpg
Scott Pollard 7.4 mpg (Duncan stopper! :lol )
Gabe Pruitt 6.0 mpg

It's obvious that Pop is doing and excellant job of managing the starters minutes. He's got his rotation down to a fine science. We should be fresh come playoff time, we're going to need to be to run the gauntlet known as the Western Conference.

If Doc keeps his starters minutes high, lets see at the end of the 82 game season and especially if they have a couple of 7 games series against Detroit, Orlando and Cleveland and even possibly New Jersey, lets see if Garnett is still going to run like a gazelle and lets see if Ray Allen has trouble putting his panty hose on. I like our chances, especially if we maintain HC during the playoffs.

BonnerDynasty
12-04-2007, 01:03 PM
Can't wait.

bdubya
12-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Gonna be a heck of a game, probably NBA Finals preview.

Just before tipoff, Game 1:

Duncan: "Damn, KG bulked up. But what's with that white spot on his head?"

Bowen: "And Pierce dropped a TON of weight; looks like a scarecrow!"

Parker: "Why do zey wear ze BLUE now and not ze GREEN?"

Popovich: "That's NOT THE CELTICS, you MORONS!!!"

remingtonbo2001
12-04-2007, 02:18 PM
Just before tipoff, Game 1:

Duncan: "Damn, KG bulked up. But what's with that white spot on his head?"

Bowen: "And Pierce dropped a TON of weight; looks like a scarecrow!"

Parker: "Why do zey wear ze BLUE now and not ze GREEN?"

Popovich: "That's NOT THE CELTICS, you MORONS!!!"

:lol

Sorry, Piston's fan, it's not happening until you get rid of Flip Saunders.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-04-2007, 02:20 PM
probably NBA Finals preview.

-Marsno. i just want them to face a top western conference team to end all the hype
-viva

urunobili
12-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Yeah, I want to wait and see how they do once they start playing all the strong WC teams before I hand them a ticket to the Finals.
the smart thing about their schedule is that they won;t play good teams until they're already with a gr8 record, hype, and rhythm... their confidence may let them win a couple of big games against good opponents down the stretch but come playoff time... i dunno if they could handle Lebron on fire or the Pistons rolling on... even the Raptors could create some issues with tough D

ancestron
12-04-2007, 02:28 PM
The Spurs have to play the Celtics on St. Patricks day again? if I remember correctly that didn't work out too well last time. And those were the crappy Celtics.

BonnerDynasty
12-04-2007, 03:07 PM
The Spurs have to play the Celtics on St. Patricks day again? if I remember correctly that didn't work out too well last time. And those were the crappy Celtics.

Dude it's cool.

A leprechaun walks into a room and sees KG, Pierce, Allen, and Bonner.

Who do you think he'd put his support behind?

Unless it is a crackhead leprachaun...
http://www.rnrh.net/images/blog/leprechaun_sketch.jpg

I'm So Hood
12-05-2007, 02:36 AM
Dude it's cool.

A leprechaun walks into a room and sees KG, Pierce, Allen, and Bonner.

Who do you think he'd put his support behind?

Unless it is a crackhead leprachaun...
http://www.rnrh.net/images/blog/leprechaun_sketch.jpg

get ready for your whippin

The_Game
12-05-2007, 02:50 AM

You could say the same about the Spurs too I guess.

The likely hood is the two teams will spilt the two meetings. With both teams winning at home. KG has always played Duncan very well and if the two teams were to meet in the finals the winner will be the difference in the role players If Manu, Parker and duncan are all on top of their games. Same with Boston's big 3.

Defensively I feel Boston are top tier so defense won't be much of a difference. Will be a great series either way.

I'm So Hood
12-05-2007, 02:54 AM
You could say the same about the Spurs too I guess.

The likely hood is the two teams will spilt the two meetings. With both teams winning at home. KG has always played Duncan very well and if the two teams were to meet in the finals the winner will be the difference in the role players If Manu, Parker and duncan are all on top of their games. Same with Boston's big 3.

Defensively I feel Boston are top tier so defense won't be much of a difference. Will be a great series either way.

good perspective - you guys have a deeper bench, but in the playoffs (if we're healthy) we have a great flow to our starting offense. Too many guns might give you guys some trouble.