PDA

View Full Version : Manu or tony?

debo
12-04-2007, 11:11 PM
with Duncan out for the mavs game, who gets the more points, Manu or tony?
also, will they put Manu in the starting line up?
(all this assuming manu plays)

bdictjames
12-04-2007, 11:12 PM
I thought this is what I thought it was.

And no, I dont think Pop would put Manu in the starting lineup just because its the Mavs and we have Duncan out.

TMTTRIO
12-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Even if Manu played I can't see him getting a lot of minutes and I can't really see him having a great shooting night since that's his shooting hand.

SAGambler
12-05-2007, 11:09 AM
with Duncan out for the mavs game, who gets the more points, Manu or tony?
also, will they put Manu in the starting line up?
(all this assuming manu plays)

I think Manu still comes off the bench, maybe a little earlier, and maybe playing a few more minutes than normal, and I think TP will drive more and probably be high scorer. But, if Manu is hitting the killer 3s he could easily outscore Tony.

What we really need is someone like Bowen to have a night like he had against Kobe and the Lake Show, and for Barry to keep pumping 3's and for Fin to finally have a "great" shooting night.

ArgSpursFan.
12-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Enough with the frikout. Pop won't do no changes, just Elson For Duncan,and will give Manu and Bonner a 5 more mins tham usual and that's it.
If Manu and TP are on, and we can keep a low % of TOs will be just fine.

vanvannen
12-05-2007, 12:27 PM
This will be an interesting game for Oberto/Elson. With Tim out the Mavs will be all over Tony and Manu, and the bigs will probably have more space to work. If they find a way to finish and TP & Manu look for them consistently, it could be a fun game to watch.

romain.star
12-05-2007, 01:14 PM
who cares??? (apart from those homers from Argentina)

We'll need a great Manu (if he plays) to win this game. Without him, it will be an impossible mission, even with a great Parker...

Man In Black
12-05-2007, 01:39 PM
You know, a few years ago, my 1st ever Spurs game at the then SBC Center, I watched a no Tim, no Tony team led by Manu Ginobili push the Shaq, Kobe, Karl Malone, and Payton Lakers to double OT. It was thrilling, Pop increased the pace of the team and had Ginobili's shot fallen at the end of OT1, the Spurs could've won that game.

If Ginobili sits, I expect Parker to have the same type of game. EPIC it was, EPIC it can be tonight even if Tim doesn't play. The Spurs are in a can't lose proposition here. If they lose, they can say that they were missing there most key player. If they win, imagine how demoralizing that can be to Mavsfan.

urunobili
12-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Tony will

romain.star
12-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Tony will

I doubt it (and i'm french)
he can't lead a team by himself... look at the recent performances of the French NT...

If Manu is out, i'd be really (delightly) surprise to see TP leading the team to victory.

MoSpur
12-05-2007, 02:17 PM
If the Mavs do a great job of keeping Tony out of the paint like they did the last game its going to be tough for him to score. Manu's injury may limit his playing time if he plays at all. If he plays close to 30 minutes, I think Manu will outscore Tony.

However, I honestly don't care. I just want the Spurs to win. If Bonner has to go for 40 points so be it. Just win.

Avitus1
12-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Manu.