http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u25ZdjTD-wM&feature=related

polandprzem
12-05-2007, 07:43 AM
Who is better?

Michael Jordan or Michael Jordan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSebVIUQ9mg

diego
12-05-2007, 09:23 AM
seriously though, if you search youtube for manu flops (you'd think it would be full of them, the way people hate on him), all you find is the flagrant from the denver series in 05, and that was NOT a flop. the rest is just BS from bitter fans of rival teams, like this video here, not actual footage of manu flopping.

did anyone see amare's disgusting flop against the magic the other day? or baron davis in a dead ball situation against the jazz earlier in the year? those are both way worse than any flop manu has ever done.

SpurOutofTownFan
12-05-2007, 09:59 AM
This is the main reason why sometimes people think I'm from the church of manu - these videos are a disgrace to humankind. Manu is just a winner, a great player and a good person. Most NBA stars can't even get close to him on many aspects and would probably like to be like him.

The flopping shit is ridiculous - if you think he is a flopper then you haven't watched a lot of basketball in your life. Period.

Manu's "floppiness" was apparently discovered by George Karl in a cheap attempt to kill his character. He couldn't find a way to stop him on the court and devised this sick plan to destroy his reputation. He later retracted from this and try minimizing the situation but nobody believed him. The damage was already done.

People don't give much credit to this incident but Karl has done a great disservice to all basketball by doing that.

degenerate_gambler
12-05-2007, 10:01 AM
what a stupid video.

manudo22
12-05-2007, 10:17 AM
I agree, I think Manu is the greatest

manudo22
12-05-2007, 10:19 AM
I totally agree. Manu is the greatest basketball player, in my opinion, I personally don't think that he flops in the court.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Manu does flop. That's not any sort of knock on his character. I don't think he's destroying the very foundation of the NBA when he does it, but he does flop. It doesn't really bother me as much as others in the league because for every flop he pulls he probably absorbs two legitimately hard fouls. Back in the 2005 playoffs it seemed like he'd draw two or three charges every game and I doubt all of them were legit.

For me, it's like when people play the "Duncan is boring card". It's just haters trying to hate and grabbing at straws to do so.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-05-2007, 10:38 AM
half-assed parody.

it was whatever, after I read their comment,

"We're not even fans of any team San Antonio played. We just think Manu is a little bitch. "

I thought , " wait, these guys are douchebags then." Probably hopped on the bandwagon.
Makes the makers of the video seem lame.

If they were Suns, Mavs, or Laker fans or something, then it'd be okay... Maybe I have a skewed up view of reasonable 'hating' in sports. :lol

Behrooz24
12-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Nothing says baller like khaki shorts! :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
12-05-2007, 12:06 PM
I laughed. It was well done I thought.

timvp
12-05-2007, 12:24 PM
You'd have to be a blind homer to think Manu doesn't flop. He's the best flopper in the game. That doesn't take away from his greatness as a basketball player. Actually, it adds too it.

But ignoring Manu's flopping tendencies is like saying Duncan doesn't whine or Parker doesn't get away with travels.

BonnerDynasty
12-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Manu flops, and is damn good at it, but that is only 10% of his game (if that). He can literally do anything and is a great basketball player. People can rag on his flopping but his game speaks for itself.

Then you have players like Sideshow Bob....

If they could get rid of flopping all together, I'd be happy with that.

sa_butta
12-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Haters just wish they had as good a flopper as we have. That flopping has got us the ball back in some crutial situations. Keep up the good work.

I thought the video was funny though, and I really care less that people make fun of it.

TMTTRIO
12-05-2007, 12:33 PM
I admit Manu does flop at times. The sad thing is it seems like that's all that Manu's known for now with other fans, players, and even some commentators. Like someone pointed out ever since George Karl opened up his big mouth and started whining and crying about Manu that's all I ever hear people talk about in his game is his flopping skills (when really there are others who flop just as much or even more than Manu).

sa_butta
12-05-2007, 12:37 PM
I admit Manu does flop at times. The sad thing is it seems like that's all that Manu's known for now with other fans, players, and even some commentators. Like someone pointed out ever since George Karl opened up his big mouth and started whining and crying about Manu that's all I ever hear people talk about in his game is his flopping skills (when really there are others who flop just as much or even more than Manu).Its called jealousy, what do they say after Manu has torched them and pulled passes out of his ass going by a defenders face? Not a damn thing, until the next game when they are crying about he flopped all over the place.

SouthernFried
12-05-2007, 01:34 PM
It's like we say Shaq gets away with charges and you can't touch him without getting a foul.

But, in his prime...I sure woulda liked him on my team.

They all want Manu on theirs ;)

Avitus1
12-05-2007, 01:40 PM
I'd like to see a video featuring Varejao's flops. Of course that wont be out until the Cavs can actually win in the finals.

MmP
12-05-2007, 02:20 PM
In the video they make it seem like Manu just falls down with every little contact, and it's not like that at all. He's really tough.
Manu does flop sometimes but not as much as people whines about it. It's very upsetting seeing everybody in other boards considering him just as a good flopper or downgrading his game just becouse he likes to take charges. I mean, he's not Varejao who falls to the floor with so little contact. I may be wrong but this year I haven't seen him flop just once. And I do agree that all this was started by stupid Karl who was just jealous (and he admitted it) and other people picked it up. Before that no one had complains about Manu's game.

diego
12-05-2007, 02:35 PM
i have no problem with the fact that manu flops. what i take offense to is the people that say he flops more than anybody else, or that his flops are outrageous, or that he is responsible for flopping period. manu is the best flopper, because he knows when and how to do it, not because he does it all the time or under any circumstance. and flopping has been a part of the NBA since at least the 70's, but i guess there were no foreigners to scapegoat then.

THE SIXTH MAN
12-05-2007, 02:47 PM
i have no problem with the fact that manu flops. what i take offense to is the people that say he flops more than anybody else, or that his flops are outrageous, or that he is responsible for flopping period. manu is the best flopper, because he knows when and how to do it, not because he does it all the time or under any circumstance. and flopping has been a part of the NBA since at least the 70's, but i guess there were no foreigners to scapegoat then.
:tu Thats what bothers me too. Every player in the NBA flops. But people seem to emphasize manu's flops only. Or when people act like manu was the one who introduced flopping to the league. Flopping has been a part of the NBA for a long time.