PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs. Suns Dec. 28th -- How Many Points Will The Suns Score?

timvp
12-28-2004, 01:45 AM
The Suns are averaging nearly 110 points per game. In this day and age, that is amazing. The Spurs give up around 85 points per game. That is a difference of 25 points ... so something has to give. Will the Spurs defense hold up or will the Suns run at will?

Vote or die.

:hat

xcoriate
12-28-2004, 02:07 AM
Nash will keep there O going at a decent rate it will be up to us to limit it as much as possible (it won't be stopped) and try to keep up as much as possible.

My ideal lineup.

PG Parker
SG Ginobili
SF Barry
PF Horry
C Duncan

But with Pop I don't like my chances.

Sense
12-28-2004, 02:14 AM
I don't really see a winning lineup... I say we keep it plain and simple same ol starters... to test the suns.. We really don't want to change the spurs' game here, because it always leads to trouble against good teams.

xcoriate
12-28-2004, 03:54 AM
Various linups are in the game at various stages, the above lineup has been and can be again an efficient scoring unit. Three "guards" that can pass along with two scoring threats in Horry and Duncan in the post.

Horry is also more agile than Nesterovic allowing him to match up better with the suns who are playing small ball currently.

Barry can be subsituted for Bowen if you want more of a defensive focus.

This lineup still leaves the chemistry that Malik Beno and Brown have to come of the bench providing a spark when the starters sit, Nesterovic also gets a chance to be more detromental against the suns second team, which features "real" centres as opposed to athletic freaks.

However D'Antoni has not really been playing his fives much, consequently Rasho is not going to have an ideal matchup.

I dunno about you guys but I doubt that Rasho would be "aggresive" and "demonstartive" enough to over power weaker opposition and will most likely end up having circles run around him by Amare the opposing C.

A lineup change can work for the better as I feel it would in this instance, by all means we need to try and force our game upon them but its unlikely with Nash at the point, he is very good at creating/maintaining a high speed fast break game.

Sense
12-28-2004, 05:35 AM
Various linups are in the game at various stages, the above lineup has been and can be again an efficient scoring unit. Three "guards" that can pass along with two scoring threats in Horry and Duncan in the post.

Horry is also more agile than Nesterovic allowing him to match up better with the suns who are playing small ball currently.

Barry can be subsituted for Bowen if you want more of a defensive focus.

This lineup still leaves the chemistry that Malik Beno and Brown have to come of the bench providing a spark when the starters sit, Nesterovic also gets a chance to be more detromental against the suns second team, which features "real" centres as opposed to athletic freaks.

However D'Antoni has not really been playing his fives much, consequently Rasho is not going to have an ideal matchup.

I dunno about you guys but I doubt that Rasho would be "aggresive" and "demonstartive" enough to over power weaker opposition and will most likely end up having circles run around him by Amare the opposing C.

A lineup change can work for the better as I feel it would in this instance, by all means we need to try and force our game upon them but its unlikely with Nash at the point, he is very good at creating/maintaining a high speed fast break game.

Well yes, I think Pop won't allow that, so that's the end of that.

I also think that they wouldn't do good if they are going against the best team in the NBA (by record), since they haven't practiced much, and the spark wouldn't be there.

I just think your lineup, would be able to defeat the young and comfortable suns, even though it's a good one.

xcoriate
12-28-2004, 06:14 AM
I just think your lineup, would be able to defeat the young and comfortable suns, even though it's a good one.

So whats the problem??

If you meant wouldn't then....

I pointed out that these rotations are already used in games, I think this lineup matches up best against the suns style allowing good transition D

The spark would be Devin, Udrih and Malik who form the core of our efforts off the bench currently.

If Bowen starts Barry may also be able to spark the lineup... if given playing time.

If Barry starts then Bowen brings a spark with just his defensive persistance and intensity.

I don't see the problem.

timvp
12-28-2004, 07:05 PM
Defense, Spurs.

Defense.

I need vbookie money.

genghisrex
12-28-2004, 07:24 PM
Defense, Spurs.

Defense.

I need vbookie money.
I think I may be a very sad man tonight after my bets, but I'm right there with you. :smokin

ducks
12-28-2004, 07:31 PM
for only 89 points
suns can only get basically 22 points a quarter

if spurs do that they should say we do not need mailman

spurs may get suns to have less then 25 points one quarter but not 4

ducks
12-28-2004, 09:02 PM
well first quarter it is not working

ducks
12-28-2004, 10:26 PM
well this should be intersting