PDA

View Full Version : Is the Spurs-Mavs game on ESPN?

Budkin
12-05-2007, 03:04 PM
I thought I heard on TV that the game would be televised on ESPN tonight but according the Spurs website it will only be shown locally in San Antonio and Dallas. Anyone here know for sure?

duncan228
12-05-2007, 03:07 PM
I thought it was ESPN too.
But I have it on League Pass.
ESPN has the Lakers/Nuggets game.

I was trying to find where I read that it was ESPN but I can't find it.

duncan228
12-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Found it.
It was in Marc Stein's (ESPN) column after Duncan got hurt.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3139964

EDIT: :lol, it's been taken out now. (I just checked the link.)
Here's the original from 12-3.

"Duncan has been ruled out of Wednesday's ESPN-televised showdown with San Antonio's longstanding rivals from Dallas, but Spurs spokesman Tom James said that a firm diagnosis on how long Duncan will be out is at least a day or two away."

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82669&page=2

urunobili
12-05-2007, 03:10 PM
it'll be on ESPN for latin america only!!! Yupeeee.. i'm ordering pizza n' beer tonight!

Budkin
12-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Oh man that sucks... so here in Austin I can't even watch the game at home. Considering that the Lakers and Nuggets just had a game on TNT last week why the hell are they being shown again nationally over the best rivalry in the NBA?

duncan228
12-05-2007, 03:17 PM
Oh man that sucks... so here in Austin I can't even watch the game at home. Considering that the Lakers and Nuggets just had a game on TNT last week why the hell are they being shown again nationally over the best rivalry in the NBA?

It would seem either Stein made a mistake when he said it was an ESPN game or ESPN changed it when Duncan was ruled out of playing.

urunobili
12-05-2007, 03:17 PM
welcome to my world.. i only see one out of 5 matches.. but hey! i LOVE hearing Bill Schoening.. i wish i had a slikngbox at home and i could send you a password so u could watch it form there... i may do that in the future to trade TV shows with American Friends that like to have some shows we have down here... i don;t know if you'd stand the commentators in Spanish though... tonight the ONLY one i like in spanish is in charge of broadcasting it Alvaro Martins.. he is REALLY good...

Budkin
12-05-2007, 03:19 PM
I've read that column a couple times now and I still don't see where he said it was on ESPN.

BonnerDynasty
12-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Sure would be nice to watch Spurs in HD for once....

I can barely tell the difference between Parker and Udoka when watching FSSW on 42".

DubMcDub
12-05-2007, 03:40 PM
The game was never scheduled to be on ESPN. They don't change TV schedules because players get injured.

Budkin
12-05-2007, 03:40 PM
I'd be happy just to be watching it. Watching the little gamecast thing on ESPN.com is not exciting in the slightest. I don't think I'm going to be able to make it to a bar tonight so it looks like I'm gonna be score watching. :cry

urunobili
12-05-2007, 03:43 PM
I'd be happy just to be watching it. Watching the little gamecast thing on ESPN.com is not exciting in the slightest. I don't think I'm going to be able to make it to a bar tonight so it looks like I'm gonna be score watching. :cry
i did that for two season... and to be honest i HIGHLY recommend you to listen to Bill Schoening WHILE watching the boxscore. on NBA>COM just go to "listen live" and it's TOTALLY free

duncan228
12-05-2007, 03:53 PM
I've read that column a couple times now and I still don't see where he said it was on ESPN.

It's in the original column.
Here, post #27:

When I checked the link today, the ESPN mention is gone. But it was there in the original column.

duncan228
12-05-2007, 03:56 PM
The game was never scheduled to be on ESPN. They don't change TV schedules because players get injured.

So why did Marc Stein (ESPN) write that it was a few days ago?

Article in post #27.

Either he made a mistake or the game was changed for some reason.

DubMcDub
12-05-2007, 03:58 PM
So why did Marc Stein (ESPN) write that it was a few days ago?

Article in post #27.

Either he made a mistake or the game was changed for some reason.

That's what I'm saying--he made a mistake. I noted back when the schedule was released that this game wasn't on national TV. I remember, because I found it very odd (and stupid).

It was never on ESPN, unfortunately.

duncan228
12-05-2007, 04:07 PM
That's what I'm saying--he made a mistake. I noted back when the schedule was released that this game wasn't on national TV. I remember, because I found it very odd (and stupid).

It was never on ESPN, unfortunately.

Got it. Mistakes happen. Thanks.

SpurYank
12-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Get NBA League Pass on DirecTV and you'll see every game, and most of them on HD. Sure, the cost is around two notes, but for 81 games it comes out to less than two dollars and fifty cents per game. You also get the the NBA channell, and it's on 24/7. You can also watch any game you want. At least that's what it is in Maryland.

League Pass is probably best for those who live outside of S.A., since S.A. gets every away game.

G-Nob
12-05-2007, 04:13 PM
The game will also be broadcast on HDNET if you have it.

duncan228
12-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Get NBA League Pass on DirecTV and you'll see every game, and most of them on HD. Sure, the cost is around two notes, but for 81 games it comes out to less than two dollars and fifty cents per game. You also get the the NBA channell, and it's on 24/7. You can also watch any game you want. At least that's what it is in Maryland.

League Pass is probably best for those who live outside of S.A., since S.A. gets every away game.

League Pass is worth every penny.

For those that don't know, they do an "early bird" price before every season, then they also run a reduced price towards the end of the season.

It is a lot of money, but every provider I've gotten it through will break up payments over 3 or 4 months.

romad_20
12-05-2007, 04:34 PM
The game will also be broadcast on HDNET if you have it.

It's on HDNET on Time Warner here in Austin, so you'll get your HD wish.

Jimcs50
12-05-2007, 04:41 PM
No, eSPN has the wonderful Denver-Lakers game on, you know, the game betw two losers who have no shot at any title at all this year.

We all just love to watch two average teams play, rather than 2 of the best 3 teams in the league.

phxspurfan
12-05-2007, 04:53 PM
No one outside of Spurs and Mavs fans outside of TX wants to watch the Spurs play, unfortunately. I will probably just log onto here and refresh every 10 seconds to get my game fix.

kidding. I'll catch the recap of the Mavs playing hard and Spurs playing like it's Early December...

thispego
12-05-2007, 05:02 PM
It's on HDNET on Time Warner here in Austin, so you'll get your HD wish.
so it says on tvguide.com that HDNET will be showing some gay shit called the black donnally's at 7:30. who am i to believe?

Budkin
12-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Ok, well I've got HDNET so hopefully Spurs-Mavs beats out the Black Donneally's!

romad_20
12-05-2007, 05:30 PM
so it says on tvguide.com that HDNET will be showing some gay shit called the black donnally's at 7:30. who am i to believe?

I don't know. I set mine up to record it last night on HDNET. I hope it's still coming on.

thispego
12-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Damn that would be great news if it came on HDNET. guess we'll see

thispego
12-05-2007, 05:34 PM
tv sucks

i have antenna

that is one of the reasons i am awesome
it's the only reason

Ballcox
12-05-2007, 05:36 PM
I have time warner and the game is listed on HDNET tonight, previously they've always showed the game so it should be good.

Budkin
12-05-2007, 05:37 PM
I have time warner and the game is listed on HDNET tonight, previously they've always showed the game so it should be good.

Sweetness!

thispego
12-05-2007, 06:10 PM
are you in Austin, Ballcox?

G-Nob
12-05-2007, 06:17 PM

They always wait till the last min to put the game on the guide. They've been promoting the game all week on HDNET. It's all good! :clap

thispego
12-05-2007, 06:21 PM
H F'ing Y

Budkin
12-05-2007, 06:32 PM
H F'ing Y

Ditto!

SpurOutofTownFan
12-05-2007, 06:46 PM
This upsets me greatly. ESPN has shown the Lakers 3 out of the 4 last times. I would think the Mavs/Spurs game would be more important than Fakers/Nonggets.

BrianBird
12-05-2007, 07:55 PM
If you live in San Marcos/Austin and surrounding towns the game on HDNET will most likely be blacked out. We are unfortunately within the blackout proximity for home games. All home games carried on a local broadcast station (such as MY35) are blacked out on any cable channel (HDNET) within something like a 60 mile radius. Every other spurs game that was scheduled to show on HDNET or NBA.comtv have been black out this season.

I'm hoping for a miracle but I wouldnt count on it.

PS.. I work for a cable company and I can tell you this is a shitty rule enforced by the NBA itself. Calling you cable company won't do jack.

da_suns_fan__
12-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Good move by the NBA.

IVerson is on FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

da_suns_fan__
12-05-2007, 10:53 PM
47 with 3 min to go in the third quarter.