PDA

View Full Version : George Carlin Crashes and Burns

Nbadan
12-28-2004, 04:34 AM
And somewhere SW is wimpering...

The 67-year-old acid-witted funnyman said he was undergoing a detoxification treatment because of his use of alcohol and the powerful and addictive painkiller Vicodin.

"I'm going into rehab because I use too much wine and Vicodin," he said in a statement released by his publicist.

Nothing wrong with Vicodin and wine in moderation apparently. :lol

Carlin has been losing it. While performing in Las Vegas recently, he gave out with what seemed to be an inappropriate, angry, and decidedly unfunny tirade; something to the effect that everybody who comes to Las Vegas is stupid.

I'm far from being a prude, but I feel that he'd begun using the famous "forbidden words" artlessly, beating the audience over the head with them. His subject matter seemed to be devolving toward the purely scatological.

I hate to see that happen, because he's pointed out so much hypocrisy and insanity in such an entertaining way for so long.

ZStomp
12-28-2004, 06:53 AM
Is his show here next month still on??

Hook Dem
12-28-2004, 10:38 AM
"Carlin has been losing it. While performing in Las Vegas recently, he gave out with what seemed to be an inappropriate, angry, and decidedly unfunny tirade; something to the effect that everybody who comes to Las Vegas is stupid." ........................Well, nobody enjoys going to Vegas more than I do, but he is probably right. Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is probably stupid. :lol

SpursWoman
12-28-2004, 10:46 AM
:wtf